Thread: 1st & 3rd

Default 1st & 3rd

Here are a few pics of my girl's first gen CRX, and my third gen hatch. We bought these as project cars a few months back, but with 40+ MPG, they slowly turned their way into being our daily's. She has made a little bit more progress with hers than I have with mine.

Hers: 1985 Honda Crx Si
    Purchased for $300.00
    Modifications:
    - Lowered
    - Adjustable Pan-Hard Bar
    - Intake
    - MSD Blaster SS Coil

Before Any Work:

After Some Work and Money:

Mine: 1987 Honda Civic Si
    Purchased for $900.00
    Modifications:
    - 2.5" Cat-Back with Magnaflow Muffler and Magnaflow Cat.
    - Koni Adjustable Shocks
    - Grant Steering Wheel
    - Custom Gauge Layout

Pretty much the same as the day I bought it. Just replaced the driver's side fender and paint-matched it:

Hers was in pretty poor condition when we got it, but we completely rebuilt the engine, replaced almost everything under the hood, replaced almost every braking component, got brand new tires, reupholstered the seats, removed and replaced the old insulation beneath the carpet and panels, reconditioned the interior, replaced the sunroof assembly, fixed a few dents, and got replacement panels for all of the broken/cracked ones (some are not installed yet). We left some of the new panels off the car, including the new spoiler and lip, until we get ready to paint it, which will be very soon.

Mine was in excellent condition, so I haven't really done much to it. It came with the exhaust and suspension components already on it. The only thing that I have really done was replace/paint the damaged fender. Install a Grant steering wheel and customize a gauge setup for some future plans I have.

They are both projects and have some plans in store for them, so I will keep you guys posted with updates on them.

Thanks for checking them out. Later.
    Last edited by SiRed94; 11-06-2008 at 09:17 AM.

It probably doesn't look like hers has come a very long way from when we got it, but trust me, I could do a 30 page write-up with pics of everything that we have done to that car. It took quite a bit just to get it road-worthy.

LOVE the blista compact!

Senior Member | IA Veteran Mad Mike's Avatar

I used to have a 84 civic hatchback and I loved that car. drove it for 3 years without a single problem then out of the blue the motor blew. I was new to cars and just let it go. That car was so much fun. We would pack 5 people in it on Friday night and cruse around.

Your hatch looks great and the CRX looks like its coming along nicely. Good work.

The hatch looks amazing,I love the 3rd gen hatchbacks.The crx looks to have come along way to me!!.Glad to see others are interested in these style honda's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jh_Hatch
    The hatch looks amazing,I love the 3rd gen hatchbacks.The crx looks to have come along way to me!!.Glad to see others are interested in these style honda's.
    Yeah, I see so many of these in almost perfect condition in the junkyards. I wish more ppl would save them.

Quote Originally Posted by SiRed94
    Yeah, I see so many of these in almost perfect condition in the junkyards. I wish more ppl would save them.
    You can believe I am looking for a 86-87 Si hatch..