Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KBB Sinfix Edition (Enter at own risk) Auto appraisal

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SHAUNvX View Post
    And sinfix if you want to appraise my car go ahead, Its not for sale so i dont care lol
    I'm a little pressed for time at the moment, but i will do that later tonight. I do like the car though. Post the stats, year/miles/unseen mods.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson9995 View Post
    clean teg shaun. I like!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    I'm a little pressed for time at the moment, but i will do that later tonight. I do like the car though. Post the stats, year/miles/unseen mods.
    Thanks
    Its a 95 Ls 167xxx miles on the cluster but its a GSR and its been in my car since ive owned it.
    Engine: B18C1, Password JDM intake, Benen Ind 3 point strut bar, Innovative motor mounts, Blox cam seal.
    Susp: Funtion and Form Type 1 coilovers, F&F lower control arms with blox endlinks.
    Wheels/tires: Rota Grid offroad +20 offset with yokohama S-drives
    Interior: S2000 seats, NRG quick release with NRG lock, MOMO Gotham steering wheel, OEM type r shift boot, Blox 24k gold shiftknob.
    Its my daily, It has power steering and A/C but i gotta get that looked at, There is more mods but i cant think of them.
    I want GSR rear leather seats and to get a paint job, I want thunder grey metallic. And many more mods.
    GOT VTEC?

95 integra is a car that appeals to both car tuners and your avg mom just looking for a car to go to work in, so consider my low range value to be what someone unaware of mods would pay for it and my high range to be what someone who appreciates the modification would pay for it.

The mileage is a little below avg from what you would expect for a car of that year. The engine swap adds value. The front end swap adds value to a particular buyer but not all buyers. I am somewhat stating my own person opinion here, but i dont like one integra front end better than the other. To the right person, the front end conversion adds significant value to the car. The wheels are a bit off the beaten path of what is commonly selected for an integra but they do appear to be in great condition and will probably add value for anyone interested in the car. Judging from what you said, i assume the air conditioning isnt working which is a serious value killer. The car would be more valuable if it were 1 solid color. The hood would be acceptable to most people and maybe even viewed as a value increase to some, it's a neutral modification in my opinion, does not help or hurt value. The wing is the deciding factor on what makes this car's overall appearance seem mature or immature to me. The hood and aggressive wheels are acceptable, the wing starts to tip the scale towards immature. Since that is cheap and easy fix, it doesnt help or hurt value, just slightly decreases the overall appearance of the car. I would be happy to own this vehicle.

Overall - on a scale of 1-10 of what i expect to see when looking at a 95 integra, this car falls somewhere between a 8-9, but the things that irk me are very small and easily fixed. The car is eye catching and attractive overall.
    Body - 9/10, the grille needs to be corrected and the car needs to be 1 solid color, with maybe an exception to the hood. The body is straight and in good condition. The conversion appears to be done well.
    wheels - 8/10, great condition mid/low priced wheel, but maybe a bit too aggressive for some people's taste.
    engine - 7/10, im reducing value in this regard because i am including the AC in this section. The engine swap is a nice upgrade.
    interior - ?/10 factoring in the seat's value, but i have no picture of interior to base my opinion.

Low range value $3500 High range value $4750
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 12-16-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Yea im gonna lose the wing and hood, Get OEM ones and then paint the car 1 color. The A/C is all there but i gotta take it to a shop, That deals with the problem im having with it. And yea i was 16 when i got the wing lol. My interior isnt anything worth looking at lol, I need new carpet, Floor mats, Rear seats, GSR door panels and i want to get a double din headunit.
    GOT VTEC?

I need to ad a revision to a previous assessed value.

This car.

Turns out my previous concerns with mechanical stability proved to be accurate. New assessed value of car.

Low $1700 High $2700

This car.

Turns out my previous concerns with mechanical stability proved to be accurate. New assessed value of car.

Low $1700 High $2700
    Dude there is nothing wrong with the car. It's been honed compression was very good, head gasket was oem but new. All issues were minor. That's a huge insult. I could sell the shell for that.
    <3 Catnipples

Senior Member | IA Veteran Catnip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by E36slide View Post
    I could sell the shell for that.

LOL.
    '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx

How much for my Lotus? Has a little bit of water damage but I got most of it out.

Quote Originally Posted by E36slide View Post
    Dude there is nothing wrong with the car. It's been honed compression was very good, head gasket was oem but new. All issues were minor. That's a huge insult. I could sell the shell for that.
    You cant sell a pig shell for $2700. Also cant take your word on the engines condition. You cant price a non running car based on the sum of it's parts. You could part that car for more than $2700, doesnt mean the car as a whole is more valuable. The biggest increase of value with the car was it's potential performance, that is now the car's biggest question mark.

You cant sell a pig shell for $2700. Also cant take your word on the engines condition. You cant price a non running car based on the sum of it's parts. You could part that car for more than $2700, doesnt mean the car as a whole is more valuable. The biggest increase of value with the car was it's potential performance, that is now the car's biggest question mark.
    Sure; but its not even together or ready to be valued ? Your appraising a car that I'm in the middle of making it 100% better. It's not like it was horrible it just had one small idle issue and it ran a little rich. The head gasket was new just not the one I was told.

In second thought I like the idea of you appeasing it. That way I can rub it in cb7tuners face after you re appraise it after I'm done.
    <3 Catnipples

Have fun.......

I guess I can play this game-

Car- 2002 Mazda Miata SE
    Miles- 145k
    Title- Clean ; no leins or rebuilds
    currently registered and insured

SE package for 2002 consisted of a special color- Titanium Metallic with interior Saddle Brown leather seats, door panel inserts, steering wheel and floor mats or Blaze Yellow with all black interior with a limited production run of 1491 titanium and 1000 blaze yellow. Performance/handling parts special to the SE were a 6-spd transmission as standard (option on all other trim levels) with 3.9 R&P differential with LSD, Sport Package suspension package consisting of specially valved Bilstein shock absorbers, larger brakes, larger brake master cylinder, extra chassis support bracing and a front tower brace. Power is unchanged from regular production Miatas for this year.

And my wonderful list of modifications-

Engine/Power:

-Flyin' Miata FMII turbo kit*
    *Garrett 2560R ball bearing turbo
    *1-piece silicone charge pipes
    *upgraded intercooler
    *Hydra Nemesis Standalone ECU
    *RC Engineering 550cc injectors
    *MAF delete (Hydra uses MAP)
    Flyin' Miata oil filter relocation kit
    TurboXS "RFL" BOV
    Hallman manual boost controller
    KOYO 55mm radiator
    Flyin Miata fan shroud with SPAL fans
    Magnacore 8mm plug wires
    Mazdaspeed oil cap
    Enthuzacar 3" custom turbo-back exhaust
    Powerflex polyurathane exhaust hangers
    Autometer boost gauge
    Rotella Synthetic oil always used
    Powdercoated valvecover "City Lights" over black base

Suspension/drivetain:
    Ohlins DFV Custom coilovers - 12k/8k springs
    Flyin' Miata sway bars
    Flyin' Miata rear "canon" brace
    BeatRush rear PPF subframe brace
    Carbing transmission brace
    Wilwood 4-piston BBK w/11" rotors (front)
    Porterfield R4-S brake pads
    Goodridge stainless brake lines
    ATE Superblue brake fluid
    Flyin' Miata "Happy Meal" clutch w/10lb flywheel
    Clutch bypass switch
    stock 3.9 TorSen LSD rear-end
    Flyin' Miata adjustable swaybar end links
    949 Racing Aluminum lug nuts
    Redline fluids in differential and transmission

Interior/exterior:
    Garage Vary front nose (authentic JDM parts y0!)
    Bomex Aero Mirrors (more JDM goodies)
    OEM Mazdaspeed MX-5 headlights
    OEM Mazdaspeed MX-5 spoiler
    Spare trunk lid with APR GT-II wing
    OEM/dealer option "large" side skirts
    OEM/dealer option "small" rear mud flaps
    Moss Motors clear side markers
    VW "turbo" emblem
    Mazdaspeed MX-5 rear view mirror cover
    1999 Miata 10th Anniversary seats (blue alcantara inserts w/leather sides and back)
    2003 Miata Sinshen Edition door panel inserts (blue to match seats)
    2003 Miata SE floor mats (blue trimmed to match seats and door panels)
    1999 Miata gauge faces (black as opposed to cream) with custom blue back lighting
    Stock BOSE stereo with AUXMOD input
    Sola shift knob
    Willans 6-point harnesses
    Sparco 383 steering wheel
    HID headlight kit w/5k bulbs
    SIRIS HID fog light w/5k bulbs (stock bumper)
    Rewired OEM foglights for independant operation
    BossFrog Double Maxx rollbar with SFI padding and vinyl cover & seatbelt relocators
    BossFrog harness bar
    I.L. Motorsport L.E.D. clear 3rd brake light
    Delan hidden hitch
    Black-chrome license plate frame
    Nautilus horn

Wheels/tires (current):

-17x7.5 +37 SSR C-RS with 215-40/17 Federal 595RS tires (street)

-17x7.5 +45 Rota SubZero with 215-40/17 Kumho V710 (track)

The good- Car is a daily driver and is kept in top condition. I maintain the car myself and stay on top of all issues. I have driven the car cross-country with no problems and would do without second-guessing. All parts used are quality parts. A/c was serviced last summer is blows great. The car was tuned by Ed at Balanced Performance when I first got it and I have not really messed with the tune since. It dyno'd 250rwhp @ 11psi. I have since slowly turned the boost up to 14psi as the Hydra has an autotune/learn function that compensates for small changes (datalogging shows spot-on AFRs, no detonation and safe timing settings). I'd estimate the car is making between 270 and 280 rwhp. Everything on the car works properly for the most part*

*The "issues"- Well, not really all that bad. Mostly pertaining to running on a full stand-alone ECU. First off- it will not pass OBD-II emissions without having to swap the fuel injectors, MAF sensor, and plug in the stock ECU. Cold starts in the morning require the car to be turned over 2 times...every time. So it's a little hard to start. Also relating to the Hydra is the idle with A/C on- it fluctuates and can stall of not monitored. No problems while the car is moving though...a/c works great. I will be working on the a/c idle soon though. The headunit- when I was installing the AuxMod, the faceplate separated from the unit when I was pulling it out. While the radio still works (I only use the aux input), the display does not usually display any information/time, the backlight function of the headunit is also not working...so when driving at night, it's all dark...but I kinda like this because the cabin is so small the extra darkness is appreciated. I will be replacing the headunit soon though and plan to wire in a "night panel" switch like what SAAB has so I can choose to turn off the backlight of the radio and HVAC. Lastly, the car has been involved in two small incidents resulting in insurance claim and trips to the body shop. First was a piece of road debris that hit the passenger door and required light body work and the passenger side of the car to be repainted as well as having the windshield replaced with new OEM glass (no aftermarket crap with a tint strip). This was done at Magnum Collision in Marietta Georgia, a very highly rated body shop. The second, (about a year later) was a light brush from a woman in a Mercedes on the driver's side. This was also just cosmetic damage. The insurance company wanted to fix the doorskin and fender, but I opted to make sure both panels were replaced with Mazda OEM parts. I also payed to have the hood completely refinished (sanded down and repainted to eliminate ALL rock-chips from over the years) at this time. I have pictures and all paperwork involved with both incidents that can be provided.

Ready to pounce.... by AnonymousNamelss, on Flickr

View of Atlanta by AnonymousNamelss, on Flickr

engine bay before powdercoating valvecover

IMG_0919 by AnonymousNamelss, on Flickr

Miata_interior_1280x800 by AnonymousNamelss, on Flickr

The cockpit... by AnonymousNamelss, on Flickr

Enkei NT03+M by AnonymousNamelss, on Flickr

w/Stock front bumper

Playing around theTerminus building by AnonymousNamelss, on Flickr
    02' Miata

BTW Sin...how much "cleaning up" would you like me to perform?
    02' Miata

Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
    Have fun.......

Car- 2002 Mazda Miata SE
    Miles- 145k

etc etc
    I'll give you $4k for it.

my oh my...... i'm gonna need a minute on that beautiful miata. probably dive on that one when i get home

BTW Sin...how much "cleaning up" would you like me to perform?
    Get rid of everything that doesnt have someone's car in it if you dont mind. much appreciated.

Have fun.......

Car- 2002 Mazda Miata SE
    Miles- 145k

SE package for 2002 consisted of a special color- Titanium Metallic with interior Saddle Brown leather seats, door panel inserts, steering wheel and floor mats or Blaze Yellow with all black interior with a limited production run of 1491 titanium and 1000 blaze yellow. Performance/handling parts special to the SE were a 6-spd transmission as standard (option on all other trim levels) with 3.9 R&P differential with LSD, Sport Package suspension package consisting of specially valved Bilstein shock absorbers, larger brakes, larger brake master cylinder, extra chassis support bracing and a front tower brace. Power is unchanged from regular production Miatas for this year.

And my wonderful list of modifications-

Engine/Power:

-Flyin' Miata FMII turbo kit*
    *Garrett 2560R ball bearing turbo
    *1-piece silicone charge pipes
    *upgraded intercooler
    *Hydra Nemesis Standalone ECU
    *RC Engineering 550cc injectors
    *MAF delete (Hydra uses MAP)
    Flyin' Miata oil filter relocation kit
    TurboXS "RFL" BOV
    Hallman manual boost controller
    KOYO 55mm radiator
    Flyin Miata fan shroud with SPAL fans
    Magnacore 8mm plug wires
    Mazdaspeed oil cap
    Enthuzacar 3" custom turbo-back exhaust
    Powerflex polyurathane exhaust hangers
    Autometer boost gauge
    Rotella Synthetic oil always used
    Powdercoated valvecover "City Lights" over black base

Suspension/drivetain:
    Ohlins DFV Custom coilovers - 12k/8k springs
    Flyin' Miata sway bars
    Flyin' Miata rear "canon" brace
    BeatRush rear PPF subframe brace
    Carbing transmission brace
    Wilwood 4-piston BBK w/11" rotors (front)
    Porterfield R4-S brake pads
    Goodridge stainless brake lines
    ATE Superblue brake fluid
    Flyin' Miata "Happy Meal" clutch w/10lb flywheel
    Clutch bypass switch
    stock 3.9 TorSen LSD rear-end
    Flyin' Miata adjustable swaybar end links
    949 Racing Aluminum lug nuts
    Redline fluids in differential and transmission

Interior/exterior:
    Garage Vary front nose (authentic JDM parts y0!)
    Bomex Aero Mirrors (more JDM goodies)
    OEM Mazdaspeed MX-5 headlights
    OEM Mazdaspeed MX-5 spoiler
    Spare trunk lid with APR GT-II wing
    OEM/dealer option "large" side skirts
    OEM/dealer option "small" rear mud flaps
    Moss Motors clear side markers
    VW "turbo" emblem
    Mazdaspeed MX-5 rear view mirror cover
    1999 Miata 10th Anniversary seats (blue alcantara inserts w/leather sides and back)
    2003 Miata Sinshen Edition door panel inserts (blue to match seats)
    2003 Miata SE floor mats (blue trimmed to match seats and door panels)
    1999 Miata gauge faces (black as opposed to cream) with custom blue back lighting
    Stock BOSE stereo with AUXMOD input
    Sola shift knob
    Willans 6-point harnesses
    Sparco 383 steering wheel
    HID headlight kit w/5k bulbs
    SIRIS HID fog light w/5k bulbs (stock bumper)
    Rewired OEM foglights for independant operation
    BossFrog Double Maxx rollbar with SFI padding and vinyl cover & seatbelt relocators
    BossFrog harness bar
    I.L. Motorsport L.E.D. clear 3rd brake light
    Delan hidden hitch
    Black-chrome license plate frame
    Nautilus horn

Wheels/tires (current):

-17x7.5 +37 SSR C-RS with 215-40/17 Federal 595RS tires (street)

-17x7.5 +45 Rota SubZero with 215-40/17 Kumho V710 (track)

The good- Car is a daily driver and is kept in top condition. I maintain the car myself and stay on top of all issues. I have driven the car cross-country with no problems and would do without second-guessing. All parts used are quality parts. A/c was serviced last summer is blows great. The car was tuned by Ed at Balanced Performance when I first got it and I have not really messed with the tune since. It dyno'd 250rwhp @ 11psi. I have since slowly turned the boost up to 14psi as the Hydra has an autotune/learn function that compensates for small changes (datalogging shows spot-on AFRs, no detonation and safe timing settings). I'd estimate the car is making between 270 and 280 rwhp. Everything on the car works properly for the most part*

*The "issues"- Well, not really all that bad. Mostly pertaining to running on a full stand-alone ECU. First off- it will not pass OBD-II emissions without having to swap the fuel injectors, MAF sensor, and plug in the stock ECU. Cold starts in the morning require the car to be turned over 2 times...every time. So it's a little hard to start. Also relating to the Hydra is the idle with A/C on- it fluctuates and can stall of not monitored. No problems while the car is moving though...a/c works great. I will be working on the a/c idle soon though. The headunit- when I was installing the AuxMod, the faceplate separated from the unit when I was pulling it out. While the radio still works (I only use the aux input), the display does not usually display any information/time, the backlight function of the headunit is also not working...so when driving at night, it's all dark...but I kinda like this because the cabin is so small the extra darkness is appreciated. I will be replacing the headunit soon though and plan to wire in a "night panel" switch like what SAAB has so I can choose to turn off the backlight of the radio and HVAC. Lastly, the car has been involved in two small incidents resulting in insurance claim and trips to the body shop. First was a piece of road debris that hit the passenger door and required light body work and the passenger side of the car to be repainted as well as having the windshield replaced with new OEM glass (no aftermarket crap with a tint strip). This was done at Magnum Collision in Marietta Georgia, a very highly rated body shop. The second, (about a year later) was a light brush from a woman in a Mercedes on the driver's side. This was also just cosmetic damage. The insurance company wanted to fix the doorskin and fender, but I opted to make sure both panels were replaced with Mazda OEM parts. I also payed to have the hood completely refinished (sanded down and repainted to eliminate ALL rock-chips from over the years) at this time. I have pictures and all paperwork involved with both incidents that can be provided.

Ready to pounce.... by AnonymousNamelss, on Flickr

View of Atlanta by AnonymousNamelss, on Flickr

engine bay before powdercoating valvecover

IMG_0919 by AnonymousNamelss, on Flickr

Miata_interior_1280x800 by AnonymousNamelss, on Flickr

The cockpit... by AnonymousNamelss, on Flickr

Enkei NT03+M by AnonymousNamelss, on Flickr

w/Stock front bumper

Playing around theTerminus building by AnonymousNamelss, on Flickr
    Just by going off most of the parts listed not taking into consideration the time spent. I would say around 10-12k. The parts are well thought out and very descriptive. I wish all fs threads looked like this.
    <3 Catnipples

Just the Ohlins coilovers are worth more than my entire Miata. LOL

FML

This is the hardest type of car to value, because it's value is simply "what someone's willing to pay for it". Miata has a cult following so it's definitely a car that people desire. This particular car is exceptional. I am going to have to try very hard to find something to criticize about it. Probably the best Miata i have ever seen period. If Jay Leno wakes up tomorrow and says " i need a Miata in my collection today ", this is the type of car his agent would seek out to buy.

On a scale of 1-10 on what i expect when i look at a Miata, this car is a 12. The only "negative" i can point at is the mileage. At a glance this car is so pristine that you would assume it's a garage baby with 2-3k miles, so when you hear 145k, it sticks out at you a little bit, but with that said.... a Miata is a Miata, it's not a 65 mustang. It's a driver car, its meant to be driven and it has. The blue interior ever so slightly takes away from the appearance simply because it's a personalized color choice. I feel the same about the colored valve cover. Both of these criticisms come with me TRYING to find something to critique about this car.

Body/Appearance - Stunning to look at from every angle. From front to back, left to right, up down... every aspect of this car flows and looks fantastic. Every body panel mates perfectly with the next. It's simplicity at it's finest. The modifications that are done do not look like modifications, they look like they were meant to be there, as they should. Based on expectations of a Miata, this one breaks the scale. 10***/10.

Engine - Nothing i can point to on the entire car would signal me to have any concerns what so ever about the mechanical stability of this car. It has high end expensive performance modifications everywhere you look. All signs pointing to the fact that no corners were cut building this car. Even factoring in the miles, i cant grade this drivetrain lower than a 10/10.

Suspension/wheels - Same as the engine, high end expensive modifications, no corners cut. The type of person looking to spend big money on a Miata is going to appreciate the quality of suspension modifications since as i said before, a Miata is a driver's car. It's status in the auto community is based on its road prowess. Anything to accentuate that aspect of the vehicle is a plus. High end wheels in perfect condition are a easy increase in value. 10/10.

Interior - The inside of this car is as elegant as you would expect it to be based on everything you see on the outside. Very small criticism on the blue since that is somewhat of a personalization. Not enough to detract from the car's value, but is one area where potential value could be increased. 10/10

Value assessment - When you start adding up the sum of its parts it's mind blowing. There's still a large market for Miatas and there's still people who walk onto car lots and pay $20k for a stock used Miata. There's not a doubt in my mind that if this Miata was sitting on a car lot beside the 2008-2010s that some people would chose this car over those cars. It's everything you could want in a Miata and more.... with that said.... it's still a 2002 and it still has 145k miles. Unlike Mustangs, i dont think Miatas are getting cooler with age. Fortunately for this Miata, it's still as cool as any Miata on the market, including the ones sitting on the showroom floor.

Price - Low range $12.5k High range $16k With that said, no price would surprise me. I'd love to see this car in an auction format. It's a car everyone SHOULD like and on the right impulse it could bring a staggering price.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 01-03-2013 at 03:48 PM.

What size were these NT03's?

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

In an attempt to jump start this thread back again. This is not an attempt to insult people or be funny..... if you want to put your car under the microscope with someone who is opinionated and highly critical, i will give you my honest opinion. Wont try to be nice or mean to you and will tell you exactly what i think. I am a critical asshole. If something is wrong, i wont shy away from mentioning it. People who are potentially buying your car are going to look for things wrong with it, you already know they like it.... otherwise they wouldnt be looking at it to begin with, but when they come to buy it... theyre going to critique and try to bargain. Be prepared for this exchange. I dont think my opinion is any greater than anyone elses and it is just that, my opinion. However, i am offering it to you if you want it.

I'm still trying to figure out the JB Weld in the BOV mount on the 240.

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    What size were these NT03's?
    17x7.5" +45

Sin- will get back to you in a few.
    02' Miata

In an attempt to jump start this thread back again. This is not an attempt to insult people or be funny..... if you want to put your car under the microscope with someone who is opinionated and highly critical, i will give you my honest opinion. Wont try to be nice or mean to you and will tell you exactly what i think. I am a critical asshole. If something is wrong, i wont shy away from mentioning it. People who are potentially buying your car are going to look for things wrong with it, you already know they like it.... otherwise they wouldnt be looking at it to begin with, but when they come to buy it... theyre going to critique and try to bargain. Be prepared for this exchange. I dont think my opinion is any greater than anyone elses and it is just that, my opinion. However, i am offering it to you if you want it.
    Hell, I'll do it.

lemme get some pictures

2004 Silverstone Nissan 350z Touring 6MT Coupe
    92k miles

Exterior:
    XXR 006 18x8.5/9.5 +36
    20mm bolt on spacers all the way around
    Tein S-Tech Springs
    BFG KDW2/NT Tires 245/45/18 275/35/18
    Windows Tinted 15%
    LED License Plate Lights
    LED Parking Lights in headlights
    6000k HID headlights (Upgraded from stock 4300k)
    Shorty Antenna
    Clear Front Reflectors

Interior:
    Pioneer 2300 AVH-DVD 5.9" Touch Screen Head Unit
    10" dB Drive Sub in Zenclosure Box
    1500 watt dB Drive Amp
    LED interior lights

Performance:
    Nismo CAI with hydroshield
    Nismo Replica Cat-Back

All maintenance up to date, oil changed every 4,000 with Full synthetic. Only nissan service parts used. Diff/Transmission just flushed at 90,000.

lmk if ya need more pictures brohan

This is the hardest type of car to value, because it's value is simply "what someone's willing to pay for it". Miata has a cult following so it's definitely a car that people desire. This particular car is exceptional. I am going to have to try very hard to find something to criticize about it. Probably the best Miata i have ever seen period. If Jay Leno wakes up tomorrow and says " i need a Miata in my collection today ", this is the type of car his agent would seek out to buy.

On a scale of 1-10 on what i expect when i look at a Miata, this car is a 12. The only "negative" i can point at is the mileage. At a glance this car is so pristine that you would assume it's a garage baby with 2-3k miles, so when you hear 145k, it sticks out at you a little bit, but with that said.... a Miata is a Miata, it's not a 65 mustang. It's a driver car, its meant to be driven and it has. The blue interior ever so slightly takes away from the appearance simply because it's a personalized color choice. I feel the same about the colored valve cover. Both of these criticisms come with me TRYING to find something to critique about this car.

Body/Appearance - Stunning to look at from every angle. From front to back, left to right, up down... every aspect of this car flows and looks fantastic. Every body panel mates perfectly with the next. It's simplicity at it's finest. The modifications that are done do not look like modifications, they look like they were meant to be there, as they should. Based on expectations of a Miata, this one breaks the scale. 10***/10.

Engine - Nothing i can point to on the entire car would signal me to have any concerns what so ever about the mechanical stability of this car. It has high end expensive performance modifications everywhere you look. All signs pointing to the fact that no corners were cut building this car. Even factoring in the miles, i cant grade this drivetrain lower than a 10/10.

Suspension/wheels - Same as the engine, high end expensive modifications, no corners cut. The type of person looking to spend big money on a Miata is going to appreciate the quality of suspension modifications since as i said before, a Miata is a driver's car. It's status in the auto community is based on its road prowess. Anything to accentuate that aspect of the vehicle is a plus. High end wheels in perfect condition are a easy increase in value. 10/10.

Interior - The inside of this car is as elegant as you would expect it to be based on everything you see on the outside. Very small criticism on the blue since that is somewhat of a personalization. Not enough to detract from the car's value, but is one area where potential value could be increased. 10/10

Value assessment - When you start adding up the sum of its parts it's mind blowing. There's still a large market for Miatas and there's still people who walk onto car lots and pay $20k for a stock used Miata. There's not a doubt in my mind that if this Miata was sitting on a car lot beside the 2008-2010s that some people would chose this car over those cars. It's everything you could want in a Miata and more.... with that said.... it's still a 2002 and it still has 145k miles. Unlike Mustangs, i dont think Miatas are getting cooler with age. Fortunately for this Miata, it's still as cool as any Miata on the market, including the ones sitting on the showroom floor.

Price - Low range $12.5k High range $16k With that said, no price would surprise me. I'd love to see this car in an auction format. It's a car everyone SHOULD like and on the right impulse it could bring a staggering price.

Well thank you very much Sir for the kind words. Like you've said, it's a driver's car and I have taken advantage to enjoy the car as much as possible. There are very few Miatas worth turning into garage queens- one like the test color cars that were releaed in 1990 where each one was a custom color that Mazda thought about producing but never did. They are one-off and documented cars. Other than those, unless someone has a particularly low VIN of any of the Special Edition cars with lo miles, they're all just Miatas in the end. Mazda never really had anything too special with the Miatas though.

I guess the only "dispute" I could have with your appraisal would be about the seats. Here is my insight as to why I chose the path I did. Since they are OEM seats from a 1999 Miata Anniversary Edition, which are fairly sought out by Miata enthusiasts because of their color and interior, they would be fairly easy to attain and be recognized by and Miata enthuziast. I've heard of people loving and hating both interiors- the AE interior and the 02SE Saddle interior. Personally, I hate leather seats and wasn't the biggest fan of the brown, but I did not want to mess with aftermarket seats because very few of them fit properly and look right in the car. About the nicest non-Miata seat I've seen used in Miatas are from the Elise, but those are kind of expensive and require custom seat brackets. So I thought the AE blue/black seats would be a nice compromise and not clash with the exterior color of the car too much...and I could kinda color match other bits to them for a fairly OEM look. There were also solid blue cloth seats on the 2003 Shinsen (oddly enough, it is also Titanium Metallic), but I feel it would have been just a bit too much blue, thought I've thought about seeing out a pair and trying them out. The 2003 Shinsen Edition had the blue door panel inserts that I ended up using.

Stock 02SE interior-

1999 Anniversary Interior

2003 Shinsen interior

Interior 2003 Shinsen Miata by LostBob Photos, on Flickr

And mine when not trying to look all artsy lol

In the end, I wanted to use OEM parts that I thought would blend well together. As for the valvecover- yeah, it doesn't quite "match"...but that was the point...it's where the car gets to show its party side lol. But it's something that is small and easy to change if need be. I didn't want to be traditional with it and go with polished or black wrinkle. It's like the woman in the serious business suit who bends over and you catch a peek of a bight blue thong hahaha.
    Last edited by Doppelgänger; 01-04-2013 at 09:05 AM.
    02' Miata

Well thank you very much Sir for the kind words. Like you've said, it's a driver's car and I have taken advantage to enjoy the car as much as possible. There are very few Miatas worth turning into garage queens- one like the test color cars that were releaed in 1990 where each one was a custom color that Mazda thought about producing but never did. They are one-off and documented cars. Other than those, unless someone has a particularly low VIN of any of the Special Edition cars with lo miles, they're all just Miatas in the end. Mazda never really had anything too special with the Miatas though.

I guess the only "dispute" I could have with your appraisal would be about the seats. Here is my insight as to why I chose the path I did. Since they are OEM seats from a 1999 Miata Anniversary Edition, which are fairly sought out by Miata enthusiasts because of their color and interior, they would be fairly easy to attain and be recognized by and Miata enthuziast. I've heard of people loving and hating both interiors- the AE interior and the 02SE Saddle interior. Personally, I hate leather seats and wasn't the biggest fan of the brown, but I did not want to mess with aftermarket seats because very few of them fit properly and look right in the car. About the nicest non-Miata seat I've seen used in Miatas are from the Elise, but those are kind of expensive and require custom seat brackets. So I thought the AE blue/black seats would be a nice compromise and not clash with the exterior color of the car too much...and I could kinda color match other bits to them for a fairly OEM look. There were also solid blue cloth seats on the 2003 Shinsen (oddly enough, it is also Titanium Metallic), but I feel it would have been just a bit too much blue, thought I've thought about seeing out a pair and trying them out. The 2003 Shinsen Edition had the blue door panel inserts that I ended up using.

Stock 02SE interior-

1999 Anniversary Interior

2003 Shinsen interior

Interior 2003 Shinsen Miata by LostBob Photos, on Flickr

And mine when not trying to look all artsy lol

In the end, I wanted to use OEM parts that I thought would blend well together. As for the valvecover- yeah, it doesn't quite "match"...but that was the point...it's where the car gets to show its party side lol. But it's something that is small and easy to change if need be. I didn't want to be traditional with it and go with polished or black wrinkle. It's like the woman in the serious business suit who bends over and you catch a peek of a bight blue thong hahaha.
    That does change my perspective on the seats. With the blue, it wasnt me saying i didnt like them, saying someone might not like them. Trying to value this car based on the best potential buyer, someone with big money to spend and high end tastes. An "off" color would annoy that type of buyer. I was unaware that blue/silver was a factory matched combo, but that completely deletes my criticism since it is.

Oh I understood exactly what you were saying
    I also knew you probably didn't know these obscure details of the Miata production world and was providing you with said details so you could file them with "things I have learned today" lol
    02' Miata

This one i am mostly going to defer to KBB since it's for the most part stock. I do see a few areas to offer insight on. condition wise this car is exactly what i expect if i'm looking for a 350z. The mileage is a little bit over where i would hope to find it for that year, but nothing worthy of concern. Overall appearance of the car is good. I'm not in love with the wheel selection and will comment further on that.

Body/appearance - Good color, paint and body are in good condition. Exactly what you would expect from the year/make. The stickers detract from value but are easily removed. Factory trim is all well maintained and the car looks exactly as it should. 9.9/10

Interior - Stereo is a nice touch but the exposed speaker is a bit of an eye sore. I know a lot of stereo enthusiasts put their speakers on display, but this isnt a passion everyone shares. The most common opinion towards stereo would be that theyre better heard than seen. Some speakers with a more neutral appearance arent as eye catching when exposed, but those particular ones with the red ring are noticeable. Easy fix, a cover for the speaker to give it a more factory finish would be a small improvement. Aside from that, the stereo fit and finish appears to be nice and subtle. You have a high quality head unit and components, it adds to value. 9.7/10

Engine - Need pics, will assume it's as expected.

Wheels/suspension - Springs are a value increase but not a major one. With the wheels, they look good, but they are a downgrade in value. I am a big XXR advocate and love their wheels, but in this particular case there is a couple of issues with the selection. Most importantly, they dont fit. The biggest reason NOT to buy XXRs is fitment. If XXR makes a wheel that fits your car precisely, no reason not to save money and buy them. A 350z is somewhat of a collector car, so any modification that you do to it that is not a clear improvement over factory is a downgrade. The touring wheels are 18x8.5, you replaced them with an 18x8.5 and incorporated a 20mm spacer. If you've noticed a trend with my grading, personalization is NOT a value increase. If you put the stock wheels back on the car it would retain more of it's value. Not saying you *should* do that, your car should look how YOU want it to look, but when youre selling it, it needs to look how the buyer wants it to look and most buyers will want the factory wheels over XXRs. 350z is a premium sports car, it has premium factory wheels. 7.5/10

Price assessment - All things considered, this car is mostly stock and in great condition. It has some modifications but none i would say are significant value INCREASES.... This car should retain it's market value and sell for exactly what it's worth.

Low range - 10.5k High range 11.5k
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 01-04-2013 at 01:16 PM.

This one i am mostly going to defer to KBB since it's for the most part stock. I do see a few areas to offer insight on. condition wise this car is exactly what i expect if i'm looking for a 350z. The mileage is a little bit over where i would hope to find it for that year, but nothing worthy of concern. Overall appearance of the car is good. I'm not in love with the wheel selection and will comment further on that.

Body/appearance - Good color, paint and body are in good condition. Exactly what you would expect from the year/make. The stickers detract from value but are easily removed. Factory trim is all well maintained and the car looks exactly as it should. 9.9/10

Interior - Stereo is a nice touch but the exposed speaker is a bit of an eye sore. I know a lot of stereo enthusiasts put their speakers on display, but this isnt a passion everyone shares. The most common opinion towards stereo would be that theyre better heard than seen. Some speakers with a more neutral appearance arent as eye catching when exposed, but those particular ones with the red ring are noticeable. Easy fix, a cover for the speaker to give it a more factory finish would be a small improvement. Aside from that, the stereo fit and finish appears to be nice and subtle. You have a high quality head unit and components, it adds to value. 9.7/10

Engine - Need pics, will assume it's as expected.

Wheels/suspension - Springs are a value increase but not a major one. With the wheels, they look good, but they are a downgrade in value. I am a big XXR advocate and love their wheels, but in this particular case there is a couple of issues with the selection. Most importantly, they dont fit. The biggest reason NOT to buy XXRs is fitment. If XXR makes a wheel that fits your car precisely, no reason not to save money and buy them. A 350z is somewhat of a collector car, so any modification that you do to it that is not a clear improvement over factory is a downgrade. The touring wheels are 18x8.5, you replaced them with an 18x8.5 and incorporated a 20mm spacer. If you've noticed a trend with my grading, personalization is NOT a value increase. If you put the stock wheels back on the car it would retain more of it's value. Not saying you *should* do that, your car should look how YOU want it to look, but when youre selling it, it needs to look how the buyer wants it to look and most buyers will want the factory wheels over XXRs. 350z is a premium sports car, it has premium factory wheels. 7.5/10

Price assessment - All things considered, this car is mostly stock and in great condition. It has some modifications but none i would say are significant value INCREASES.... This car should retain it's market value and sell for exactly what it's worth.

Low range - 10.5k High range 11.5k
    excellent. Thank you sir.

Wheels were already on it. Not my choice xD

And to further add, Stickers are no longer on the car, and speaker cover is coming. Just hard to place a sub in such a small vehicle.

Hmmm. I think I wanna play. I'll get some pics later.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Sin- IIRC the average miles/year used to be 12k, but leasing and financing companies use 15k a year and the "new" average is like 15-18k. So a 2004 with "average" miles seems about spot-on, or a little low, around 92k.
    02' Miata

Sin- IIRC the average miles/year used to be 12k, but leasing and financing companies use 15k a year and the "new" average is like 15-18k. So a 2004 with "average" miles seems about spot-on, or a little low, around 92k.
    correct, was REALLY low at 56 when I bought it in 2011, but I put 35k miles on it in 2 years. Still "low" miles, though.

Seems high to most, though because its getting close to that scary 100k mile mark.

But his value seems extremely fair to me. I like this thread.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Catnip's Avatar

I should write out a description for the Mercedes
    '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx

Quote Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
    I should write out a description for the Mercedes
    Now that would be challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by l Gizzy l View Post
    And to further add, Stickers are no longer on the car, and speaker cover is coming. Just hard to place a sub in such a small vehicle.
    I've got a 10" sub in my Miata... and still made a week long trip to bury my Grandmother with my daughter.

Shut your face about space.

Hey, that rhymes.

BTW: I'm unhappy with the mileage on said Miata. Have had to take several long distance trips in it lately. Frickin' '94 with 104k.

I'm disgusted with myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    I've got a 10" sub in my Miata... and still made a week long trip to bury my Grandmother with my daughter.

Shut your face about space.

Hey, that rhymes.

BTW: I'm unhappy with the mileage on said Miata. Have had to take several long distance trips in it lately. Frickin' '94 with 104k.

I'm disgusted with myself.
    that is disgusting.....

The miata gods would be displeased.

Wait.......

Hey Echo.....Jenn and I took my car on a nearly 2-week trip from here to the Flyin' Miata Summer Camp in 2009...and we made a few stops along the way. Google miles is well under what I actually put on the car with all the extra driving around we did at each destination....it was more like 6k+ miles. Oh and this is with all of our luggage, cameras and laptop computers in the car. Come at me Bra.

BTW- You been keepin' Little Red Riding Hood waxed since she came home?
    02' Miata

This car.

Low $1700 High $2700
    I need to re re asses your value....1000

Me and the gurus are re wiring and painting the engine bay....to our surprise....cb7tuner used mother fucking speaker wire for the main wires running to the alternator. Hell half the chassis wires were speaker wires. Main power wires should be at least 10 gauge.

"I make 80k a year but can't afford tge right wires to wire up my sr"

Fucking idiot.
    <3 Catnipples

Hey Echo.....Jenn and I took my car on a nearly 2-week trip from here to the Flyin' Miata Summer Camp in 2009...and we made a few stops along the way. Google miles is well under what I actually put on the car with all the extra driving around we did at each destination....it was more like 6k+ miles. Oh and this is with all of our luggage, cameras and laptop computers in the car. Come at me Bra.

BTW- You been keepin' Little Red Riding Hood waxed since she came home?
    You ever seen a 16yr old girl pack for a week long trip? You've seen the sub... Try packing around that with dress clothes. Once there, I discovered I inherited some of my Grandfather's old rifles. They rode home on the parcel shelf wrapped in clothes and bungee corded to the rollbar. LOL

About that waxing thing... Yea no. Been trying to keep it washed on a regular basis, whether it just sat in the garage two weeks or not. Took it out today to take my kids to basketball and noticed it was time for another wax job.

When are you free?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast