Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So here we are...Income tax return time!!!

going on a cruise yes, even after everything going on with the costa concordia "sinking". ordering parts for the new whip as well... ksport coilovers and wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    Why make no sense? Later, QD.
    If you get a tax refund it means you overpaid throughout the year, hence my comment that you should update your W-4 so that you can not overpay taxes and wait for a refund.

PS. In real life, do you speak the same way you do online?

assuming i dont get fucked for having to file a 1099 along with my w2, that shit has to keep me afloat till i find another job or get the shop up and running... whatever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    If you get a tax refund it means you overpaid throughout the year, hence my comment that you should update your W-4 so that you can not overpay taxes and wait for a refund.

What he said bro.

Ever try calling up the IRS and asking them for a $16,000 interest free loan? Cause that's what they're doing to you.

"Hi, Mr. QD, it's the IRS. Mind if we borrow $16000 interest free? We'll give it back by April next year. Great! that's wonderful! Tell the fam uncle Sam said hey for me!"

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

I don't really get that much back. Regardless of what I get back, I don't really need you to tell me how I should handle my money and how I do what I do. Especially when you don't know me or my background in these areas. I also don't "wait for a refund." I don't need this money. Just nice to get.

I am a well educated person, so yes, I do speak like I type. Why? Later, QD.
    Last edited by quickdodgeŽ; 01-25-2012 at 10:05 PM.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    I love how everyone says "wheels for my car " or some other bullshit LOL

Spend tax refund on heavily depreciating asset

If you can't afford to "buy dope wheelz " on regular salary, probably shouldn't buy with your tax return.

My. 02
    It depends on how you look at it I guess. I do fine paying my bills on a regular basis but can't really afford(and dont necessarily want) to spend money on the car. It's just when you get that check and don't really need to save it, it can be nice to treat yourself a little. I'll definitely be buying something material with about half of mine. But you certainly make a valid point.

IA.COM Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by alpine_aw11 View Post
    It depends on how you look at it I guess. I do fine paying my bills on a regular basis but can't really afford(and dont necessarily want) to spend money on the car. It's just when you get that check and don't really need to save it, it can be nice to treat yourself a little. I'll definitely be buying something material with about half of mine. But you certainly make a valid point.

Pretty pathetic excuse...however, your Mula.. Party up sir !

Painting my car tattoos and saving the rest

I don't really get that much back. Regardless of what I get back, I don't really need you to tell me how I should handle my money and how I do what I do. Especially when you don't know me or my background in these areas. I also don't "wait for a refund." I don't need this money. Just nice to get.
    I apologize. Apparently I offended you by trying to give some friendly advice.

I am a well educated person, so yes, I do speak like I type. Why? Later, QD.
    The car scene can be fairly small so I wouldn't be surprised if I ran into you at some point and now I have some insight into what kind of person you are. Thanks for clarifying.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

I don't get offended by the internet. But I do see that I overreacted to your statement and I apologize for that.

The car scene can be fairly small so I wouldn't be surprised if I ran into you at some point and now I have some insight into what kind of person you are. Thanks for clarifying.
    I'm not sure what you mean here. I'm actually curious as to what kind of person you think I am. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

mainly saving...but gona pay myself a little bit and find a decent set of used coilovers for my beater

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

I don't get offended by the internet. But I do see that I overreacted to your statement and I apologize for that.
    It's cool. That's one thing I hate about internet forums. Easy to misinterpret intent and demeanor.

I'm not sure what you mean here. I'm actually curious as to what kind of person you think I am. Later, QD.
    I think we've belabored this enough but if you really want to discuss further feel free to PM me.

Emergency Medical Tech

Can anyone recommend somebody that do good with filing taxes. I've been using turbotax for the past 4 years and I'm getting screwed. This year, I put the w2 no in and I only get 58 bucks. And they took a lot on taxes last year..

You don't know how STRONG you are until being strong is the only
    CHOICE you have!

'Born Ready!',LJ

Quote Originally Posted by ruah_23 View Post
    Can anyone recommend somebody that do good with filing taxes. I've been using turbotax for the past 4 years and I'm getting screwed. This year, I put the w2 no in and I only get 58 bucks. And they took a lot on taxes last year..
    I have a CPA I've used for years, he's higher than going to one of the chain places but my refunds have been consistently more than they were with the chain places. He's in Douglasville, don't know if you'd want to drive that far but I'll give you his info if you want it.

Made 20k more then I did last yr so I'm pretty sure the IRS is gonna ram it up my ass. I got back $400 from state last yr and owed federal $25, can't win. either your dirt poor and get some cash, which at the end of the day your still poor or your living comfortably and giving more money then what you did all yr long. Honestly I'd rather just break even every yr, that means I paid Uncle Sam his share and I didn't over pay.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

owed $600 last year. expecting to be fucked equally this year since i made about the same.

Roof repairs... definitely a fuckin roof repair.. Shingles are old as hell and gonna run me at least 6k to have someone redo the whole thing. A patch would be nice. Outside of that more tools. Can't go wrong there!

Paying off a credit card and then putting the rest towards what I owe on my car.

// 2011 United Grey GTI 6MT // APR Stage II+ // APR Carbonio Stage I & II Intake // APR Turboback Exhaust // VWR Subframe Mount // South Bend Stage 3 Daily Clutch // R8 Coil Packs // Color Matched Side Markers // Golf R Upper Grille // BBS CH //

....just kidding. I have a S2000 now

Quote Originally Posted by 00CelicaGT View Post
    I got back $400 from state last yr and owed federal $25, can't win.
    Id call that a win in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by 0p7!mu5 View Post
    Roof repairs... definitely a fuckin roof repair.. Shingles are old as hell and gonna run me at least 6k to have someone redo the whole thing. A patch would be nice. Outside of that more tools. Can't go wrong there!
    Quote Originally Posted by roxie911 View Post
    Paying off a credit card and then putting the rest towards what I owe on my car.
    Sounds like y'all are getting too much back. Get your W2s fixed, and dump some money from your paychecks into a savings account. IRS wouldn't give you an interest free loan, so why give them one?

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Prob owe close to $4500, 10-99 FTL
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Mine has been deposited into my savings account. I'm far from cheap. I just don't have a desire for anything right now. Might end up redoing my kitchen cabinets.

QD is, or at least last time I checked, a truck driver. They make a killing if they want to. A hardcore trucker can net 250,000.00 or more in a year if they wish to. How he handles his return is his business.

IA.COM Founder.

Lol.. My favorite time of the year..people running desperate to get their income tax money to blow away.. Silly silly.. Never loan the government your $$ interest free.. Payed closed to 18k in taxes, and will owe about $800 or so.. Some BS. Lol

Paid about 16k in taxes last year, wife paid about 14k. Hopefully we get a couple grand back, but more likely we will be pretty close to even again this year.

As to what I will do with any return, thats an easy one, we are going to do some serious upgrades on the house. Master bath is going to be a complete gut job, Kitchen is going to get some new cabinetry and counter tops.

Tax return is going to the bank. Spring bonus from work, however...gotta get those C5 brakes on my '66 Pontiac.
    -91 240SX -- CA18 Power...SOLD, now terrorizing the streets of Alabama

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123