Thread: i hope no one does business with this guy

Default m3

water under the bridge.....

Well you offered 1500 less that what he was asking over the phone on a car you have not even seen in person. Im sure there is alot more to this story then what your telling. I have sold cars for many years and my number one rule is I dont nego the price over the phone. People that offer 7800 will always show up with only 7500 or less. And most people that try to Nego over the phone are not serious buyers anyway.
    Hella stock member!

i took down the post water under the bridge....

you are probably right in most cases so the people (me) who are serious get lump into the tire kicker category....and i did the see the car...the car was traded in at carmax and i saw it there and before i could act they wholesaled it...then it popped back up. so i knew what i was looking at...oh well it is water under the bridge now...no need to start a war...just upset at being talked to that way..

SO You probably think he bought it stupid cheap and wanted him to sale it to you stupid cheap. Im sure since he was a dealer you did not want to pay the tax and title fee on top of that 7800 offer that he by law has to pay. I had a car dealers licence and I can tell you the dealer mark up is not near what you think and I know how easy it is as a dealer to get frustrated with customers trying to get over on you.
    Hella stock member!

no, i was just making an offer on what i thought the car was worth. nothing more nothing less. everyone is entitled to make money...i am not cheap..i was trying to pay what i felt the car was worth...regardless of my offer, do you feel he should have cussed me out and called me names? again, i am legit, trying to buy a car....that is all..it is over here..no more..done and done.i pulled it down..so it is over in my book..just frustrated...

I get your point..he is on the defensive bc of all the bs he puts up with...like I said its over

I dont know I was not there to know what was said Is it bad business practice to cuss and call names yes, but customers can drive a person over the edge in this economy very quick. Not saying what he did was right but i can certainly understand why. You dont get he would have to pay over 500$ in taxes and title fees on top of that "low ball offer" and already you asking 1500 to 2000 less no I would not have sold the car to you at a loss either.
    Hella stock member!

ALot of customers think they can do no wrong and can be as insulting as possable and think sales people should take it ''based on the customer is always right'' thinking and that sales people should kiss there ass not matter what! Well to quote ben aflack in the movie mall rats " THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS AN ASSHOLE"!
    Hella stock member!