Thread: Making a right turn on red without coming to a complete stop. 2x. Am i fucked?

Default Making a right turn on red without coming to a complete stop. 2x. Am i fucked?

I recently moved to Cali, and i got a call from my family member saying i received a ticket. ( Havent changed my address yet so ticket went to GA)

I was charged for failing to stop for an official red traffic control signal.

Back in GA, if no car was in sight at red light i usually didn't come to a complete stop (slow roll) and never got a ticket for that even at a camera light.

My question is, what should i do at court. I am receiving two citation for two different days of the same charge....Yeah i know i f'ed up but i had no idea i was doing something wrong until i got this citation and another one coming on the way since i noticed the flash two days ago.

On the ticket it says i am eligible for traffic school but i doubt i will be on the second one that i think is coming on the way.

I know i am wrong and will pay for my mistake, but i am worried about the point situation.

Should i try and ask the judge to drop the two tickets for going to Traffic School and pay both fines?

Thanks.
    :idb:

To be blunt... You're fucked. Hope you have $872 for the fines.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/traff...fornia2011.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    To be blunt... You're fucked. Hope you have $872 for the fines.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/traff...fornia2011.asp
    Could be worse than that since he said he hasn't changed his address yet:

VC 14600(A) Failure to notify DMV of address change (for driver's license) within 10 days:
    2010 Fine: $146
    2011 Fine: $154

VC 4159 Notify DMV of change of address (for vehicle registration) within 10 days:
    2010 Fine: $108
    2011 Fine: $114

VC 21453(A) Failure to stop at a red signal:
    2010 Fine: $380
    2011 Fine: $400

So actually you could be looking at $1068 if they want to hit you with the failure to change your address crap, although I'm not sure how they'd go about proving that you're a permanent resident and not just visiting.

Certified Gearhead

it sounds to me man that your fucked 2 times homie

So how do you like Cali?
    One Big Ass Mistake America

fuck...thanks for replies guys. Well this sucks, first time moving out and living on my own and this ......

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWR/T View Post
    So how do you like Cali?
    Cali is great. Hot girls everywhere, great weather, everything is nice.

1-5 guy to girl ratio in GA, 5-1 Girl to guy ratio in Cali. Or at least where i stay at. (Seal Beach)

fuck you were right echo, just checked online for the fine fee. 460$ if i want to close the case . 530$ if i want to take traffic class. and i have to pay traffic class on top of that...

i guess i'll wait for other citation to come in mail (who knows how many will come i drive that street everyday) and try and get a deal or something. lol.

not sure how it works in ga but in tn if you dont pay a red light traffic camera ticket it gets turned over to a collection agency...got one a few years back and didnt pay it. it didnt go on my license and i received one letter in the mail from a collection agency. i would just go get a new license issued from cali since you live there now and say fuck it. its not like they are gonna arrest you and bring you back to ga for failing to pay a red light traffic camera ticket.

Consider it an expensive learning experience. Shit happens, man. While this mistake is affordable, ya miiiiiiiight wanna look into the age of consent laws for CA as they may be different from GA. Thats a mistake you won't be able to talk (or pay) your way out of.

Your 21 so still got a lot of learning to do from mistakes I know it sucks.
    I'm sure fines are more strict in Cali so best be careful... and remember it's california so don't be silly wrap your willy.

Quote Originally Posted by G.C View Post
    fuck you were right echo
    I never get tired of hearing that.

1-5 guy to girl ratio in GA, 5-1 Girl to guy ratio
    I have my moments where I miss the obvious, but isn't that the same fucking ratio?

Of course I own this.
    IT PUTS THE OREOS ON THE RIM

but i had no idea i was doing something wrong until i got this citation and another one coming on the way since i noticed the flash two days ago.
    not only are you fucked but you're stupid as well....did your drivers book say slow roll when turning right at a red light? no it says stop, you know you're supposed to stop, pay your fine and do it right from now on
    -2001 Lexus IS300
    -2004 Pontiac GTO - 530hp/625ft lbs - 10.62@130mph - Sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    I got five on it, that if this guy ever does meet Evil Goat he shits his pants and says nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Goat View Post
    not only are you fucked but you're stupid as well....did your drivers book say slow roll when turning right at a red light? no it says stop, you know you're supposed to stop, pay your fine and do it right from now on
    Yeah im sorry i didn't remember the whole drivers book.

Quote Originally Posted by Bajjani View Post
    I have my moments where I miss the obvious, but isn't that the same fucking ratio?

It is.

The problem with the majority of Cali girls is they have their heads shoved so far up their own ass they cant see beyond the back of their teeth. That or they are complete psychos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bajjani View Post
    Yeah I was scratching my head when I read it like htf does that make sense but I get what he was going for.

my b! hahaha