Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Support an IA member...watch Top Gear US on History Nov. 21 10pm

I think where most of the bashers are going wrong is by comparing it to the UK top gear. NOTHING will ever be as good as the original (no offense Rut)
    But if you take the original out of the picture, the American Top Gear as a good show. And, only being 3 episodes in and only one season under their belt, im sure they didnt quite go all out with their budget. I feel that the just kinda made this one happen to get the show out there and see how people react to it.

Rut is the bearded giant....
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    awwwww snizzap!

What's with all of the haters?
    I love TGUS, I love TGUK. I watch reruns as long as they're showing.
    I think Rut, Tanner, and Adam are tackling the show with their own spin.
    It's going great so far and I look forward to this being the benchmark for American car television.
    REPS!!!

drives a beat up 626 blackshine007's Avatar

I'm enjoying the Top Gear US. It's growing on me the more ya'll get to spend time together. Where at first it was just seemed awkward at first that they give 3 guys different challenges I guess ya'll had to get comfortable with each other. It seems like the awkward faze has passed and ya'll are developing the same chemistry that the Nigels' have established. Kudos to you Rutroe, Adam and Tanner and I believe ya'll will be successful just keep doing what you do

BTW, are you really thinking about getting a SVT velocirapter?

K series 626. That's right. It's got a K in it.

Thanks dudes...glad you're liking it and giving it a chance to grow. I think the show gets better every week and I know we can take it where it needs to go in the future...

I really do want one of those Ford Raptors. They are a lot of truck for the money, and you couldn't build a comparable new F-150 for the money. I really love my Tundra, but I hope I can get one of these....plus, for 7 Grand, what Hennessey does really opens it up. I'm sure many people will say you can make that same power for a little less money, but if it doesn't void any warranty then I'd think about it.
    BooB CreW What ?

One of IA's Awesome Mod's

NASCAR on SPEED's Fun Guy

HOST, Top Gear USA on History Channel starting late this Nov./Dec.

Proud to be Retrosexual Jaimecbr900's Avatar

I actually like the show overall. Some of the story lines are cooky, but then again it was entertaining to see a big boat Cady hit a jump and almost split in half. I got a chuckle out of that. My son and I watch it together. I like the diversity of the challenges, like a truck vs a skydiver or bikes vs hybrids. It makes it different. I didn't agree with you using Krylon on a LEXUS, but that's because I feel that's a relative to blasphemy.....lol.

Keep on keeping on brotha! With as many truly pathetic wannabes around here, I'm sure a lot of the haters are just jealous because they're not hosting a Nationally televised show. Hell, I would be......IF I didn't have a life.

I can't believe you post on here lol (I've been away over a year). I like the show a lot man but some of the skits are very "deja vu" if you know what I mean. I'm sure it's to get the show off the ground. So far my biggest concerns have been put to rest. Chemistry among the host. The line up is working really well. Thanks for bringing the show to the US and I've watched every weekend so far. Keep up the good work.

Adam F. is starting to grow on me.

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by RutRoe View Post
    Thanks dudes...glad you're liking it and giving it a chance to grow. I think the show gets better every week and I know we can take it where it needs to go in the future...

I really do want one of those Ford Raptors. They are a lot of truck for the money, and you couldn't build a comparable new F-150 for the money. I really love my Tundra, but I hope I can get one of these....plus, for 7 Grand, what Hennessey does really opens it up. I'm sure many people will say you can make that same power for a little less money, but if it doesn't void any warranty then I'd think about it.

#1 & #2 I am not a nut swingger or a hater.......

now onto my post...

The show is getting better... Adam is really growing on me and Tanner's boyish shyness seems to work (maybe I like little boys and wanna bang him, who knows)... YOU seem to be the weaker link in the show. I don't know if it is your nerves or stress or what.. but watching you do interviews is ROUGH!!! You had tim allen on the show and that was the best you could do.. really? And when you were driving with adam it seemed like you could not drive and hold a conversation at the same time. And FWIW, I can't either.. ask anyone who has ridden with me!.. but, I am not trying to launch a multi-million dollar TV show.

Now, maybe some of it is editing, but seriously, relax dude.. have a sandwhich and warm glass of milk and chill.. you are doing what 1,000,000 of us WISH we could do. You could be fired tomorrow, so be yourself and have some fun.. and if this is you being yourself and having fun..... well then I guess nothing needs to be done on your part.

And FWIW.. I am on the waiting list for show tickets.... so ya'll are doing something right!
    no boost

Look up some of his stand up. I find his older stuff is funnier.

I have a legit question. I'll find the article on Jalopnik if I can find for reference but is true that Clarkson actually has a lot of input on the production?

Overall I like the show. Out of all the guys on the show you always seem to be the one that has the most character best....jokes i guess you could say not sure how to put it. I absolutely loved your segment on the Aston's which is actually where that bit about Clarkson comes in. It's been a long time since the U.S. Market has had a quality automotive show and I'm glad we have something now worth watching. Keep up the good work Rut! Hope I have a chance to run into you again and i can actually introduce myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan®
    Nah not even. theres not enough alcohol on the planet that would convince me to bang that chick.I wouldn't hit that with Magic Johnson's dick.....on second thought
    Epic Foxbody Thread Crew Member #10

I want the Members Only jacket that he got for the Lexus. That's a $3K Members Only jacket! Rut, when does the bidding start on the jacket?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan® View Post
    Hope I have a chance to run into you again and i can actually introduce myself.
    SOUNDS LIKE A TRAPPPPPPPPP

same here, wish I could say the same for Tanner....I don't think I'll ever like that douche
    -2001 Lexus IS300
    -2004 Pontiac GTO - 530hp/625ft lbs - 10.62@130mph - Sold!

I got five on it, that if this guy ever does meet Evil Goat he shits his pants and says nothing.

I cant say I hate Tanner Foust, Adam is hilarious, Rut always cracks me up too. Obviously the show is nothing like the original but its not bad. I enjoy watching it. Alot of times it seems way too scripted like the whole cast is trying too hard to be funny but such is american tv....what can ya do? I like the show and keep up the good work guys!

i love that damn show

People talk bad about this show, but its entertaining and a helluva fun show to watch
    2001 Nissan Maxima SE
    1989 Ford Crown Victoria LTD
    Stay FROSTY

man i love that show. they went to alaska on the one i saw last night. i dvr that every new episode

Ok rut, its getting slightly better. Happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Dollar View Post
    You haven't told anyone that those are my boobs in your avatar right? Wouldn't want people going crazy or anything...I know how you get jealous

Haha ! Thanks man. And thanks to everyone else who watched the first season.
    BooB CreW What ?

Quote Originally Posted by RutRoe View Post
    Haha ! Thanks man. And thanks to everyone else who watched the first season.
    A guest spot would seal the deal for me to watch it more often. Or just free tickets.

(I'm a sucker for free shit)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Dollar View Post
    You haven't told anyone that those are my boobs in your avatar right? Wouldn't want people going crazy or anything...I know how you get jealous

Certified Gearhead

i have only caught i few episodes but have thought they were good, much better than watching foxbody's and nova's on pinks all day. pretty sure the show will be successful, look at what the competition is, not belittling the show, but pinks is boring to see same cars over and over again, and all the other speed channel shows are just lame.

Pink's isn't the same type of show so it really isn't competition per say
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan®
    Nah not even. theres not enough alcohol on the planet that would convince me to bang that chick.I wouldn't hit that with Magic Johnson's dick.....on second thought
    Epic Foxbody Thread Crew Member #10

loving it so far man. i was kinda iffy at first, as was everyone else, but it has grown on me. thumbs up!

what i want to know, is who makes all the cool stuff for the cars you use? i know you didnt make that cabin. lol

My only complaint is that the Dodge has a 5.9.... NOT a 5.7 Rut lol. The show has really began to grow on me. I actually set it on my DVR now. I caught it mid season but I'm really looking forward to the next season.
    One Big Ass Mistake America

The last actual episode with the trucks was the best IMO. If they were all done that well this show would be much better. Ill admit, at first I didnt like it, and I still dont like Adam, but its getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWR/T View Post
    My only complaint is that the Dodge has a 5.9.... NOT a 5.7 Rut lol. The show has really began to grow on me. I actually set it on my DVR now. I caught it mid season but I'm really looking forward to the next season.
    Totally! I apparently didn't get enough sleep when I did that VO...I mean, shit. I know it's a 5.9...that's a 360, not the smaller 318. You should have seen my face when that hit air. You can't sweat the small stuff, but I won't let something like that happen again, that's for sure.
    BooB CreW What ?

And I'm glad you liked that Cabin...up until when it fell off I had every intention of putting it on some kind of pallet and shipping it home for my daughter. I really loved it. Would have been totally fine to sleep in it a few more nights.
    BooB CreW What ?

drives a beat up 626 blackshine007's Avatar

^^ I was laughing my ass off when I saw that episode. That log cabin was wild and it got real funny when ya'll took it down the road and the shingles where blowing off it. I think that between the 3 of ya'll, you're the most lovable character. I can't compare you to the "Nigel's" but you do bring something different to the show. Keep up the good work

Speaking of which, I think I passed you up oneday on my way to work on 285 E. I was getting off at the Riverdale Rd exit.

K series 626. That's right. It's got a K in it.

Any word on a second season yet? I'm guessing yes...

First season kept improving. When will the second season be airing?

i wanna see a TGUS invades UK AND Crashes their episode it would be classic
    96 Volvo 850 T5 turbo
    98 Mustang Sprayed
    06 Dodge Charger

So the TGUK season "started" on the BBCA last night and they also talked about NASCAR and moonshine...

It's all part of the New World Order's scheme I think.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123