Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ga's law on headlights (color)

Default Ga's law on headlights (color)

Ok, I've done some hardcore research as the cops have had me hard at it since I purchased my yellow headlight bulbs through Luminics after reading their selling point of "50-state DOT legal".

So I was ticketed for violation of Georgia State Law (we're gonna call these GSL's) 40-8-22 stating "no headlights" as he said the yellow wouldn't count as headlights. I researched the law and it states that one must be illuminated on either side of the vehicle within certain heights and such. I went to court, explained I DID have lights, they were just yellow, and won...scratch free.

Recently I was pulled in Cherokee by a Sheriff (cuz they decided not to have cops) at friggin' 3 in the morning DESPITE a car passed me (speeding of course) and the cop pulls ME over. WTF. So he says he pulled me cuz of my lights, and I explained that according to the law, I'm not breaking it. He states that although I've done my research and am correct, my lights are STILL incorrect according to 40-8-34, which says "The color in all lighting equipment covered in this title shall be in accordance with Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Standard J578, April, 1965, as thereafter revised or amended."
    So I looked up J578 and found that the law did state, "Headlamps MUST be white in color". That is, of course, until in 1998 when the law was revised because Phillips and Sylvania started producing the "blue tinted" headlamps (HID, Xenon, etc). Code J578 was then revised with "must be white in color" scratched out.

So my concern and question is this...does anyone have any information on any of this or know of someone I can ask? I've switched to white lamps until I can solve this (thanks to a 5finger discount from my job) but I'd like to know what the law is, whether I'm right or wrong.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Right or wrong, you really seem to be an idiot. All I've seen from you are posts on how "fucked up" you're gonna be because you got pulled over by the cops.....and they have noooooreason to. Maybe you should change your lifestyle and stop underage drinking, "5finger" discounting and doing whatever else the fuck you are doing to underservingly draw the cops attention towards you. Then you could actually have fun on IA instead of posting all the time for legal advice. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

KING OF SIGS BISH FRO RRY Rican219's Avatar

2008 Pontiac G8 GT (Not your Daddys 4 door)
    2006 CBR F4i - (Sold)
    2007 Lexus IS - (Sold)
    2006 MazdaSpeed 6 - (Sold)
    Most recent cars list is too long

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ
    Right or wrong, you really seem to be an idiot. All I've seen from you are posts on how "fucked up" you're gonna be because you got pulled over by the cops.....and they have noooooreason to. Maybe you should change your lifestyle and stop underage drinking, "5finger" discounting and doing whatever else the fuck you are doing to underservingly draw the cops attention towards you. Then you could actually have fun on IA instead of posting all the time for legal advice. Later, QD.
    Own3d!

Emergency Medical Tech

easy..call a lawyer..that's what they are here for.

You don't know how STRONG you are until being strong is the only
    CHOICE you have!

'Born Ready!',LJ

Damn.... Just.. Damn...lol
    Brett (One of the true OG's, No really... ask anyone)
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

www.facebook.com/brett.lowenthal1

R.I.P Leisa, You are never forgotten - 10/7/08

damn QD.

Calling out 06blkbalt raven97990's Avatar

I think its that time of the month for QD
    Resize pic smaller.

" If u can't hear the whine, then your behind "

shit qd...lol...that just made my night! +1 for complete ownage

Yeah I'm with QD, you should just steal that ticket back from the officer who gave it to you and rip it up...
    BooB CreW What ?

One of IA's Awesome Mod's

NASCAR on SPEED's Fun Guy

HOST, Top Gear USA on History Channel starting late this Nov./Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by raven97990
    I think its that time of the month for QD
    No. Actually I'm pretty sure you're wrong on that account. Being that I am a male, I cannot physically go through "that time of the month." Later, QD.

no sugar coating here it seems....

^^^ Yea. My wife really did just leave to go to the store to pick up some groceries. And sugar was on the list. Later, QD.

Calling out 06blkbalt raven97990's Avatar

No. Actually I'm pretty sure you're wrong on that account. Being that I am a male, I cannot physically go through "that time of the month." Later, QD.
    Actually, I was aware of the fact that you are male, but males do sometimes display signs of pms, their hormones sometimes do cycle, and can be shown in manners similar to the crouchyness of pms.
    Resize pic smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by raven97990
    Actually, I was aware of the fact that you are male, but males do sometimes display signs of pms, their hormones sometimes do cycle, and can be shown in manners similar to the crouchyness of pms.
    Understandably so that I can see where you are coming from. Though, lest I am not going through any physical or mental hormonal imbalances as I type, I can assure you that this is strictly just to:

FUCC THIS MUTHAFUCCA UP!!!!

Lolol. Later, QD.

QD tell your wife when she heads to my house after you leave to go to work in the morning, to hit Burger King to get me breakfast please
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

She said ok. Onle one condition, though. You have to tell Leisa to quit calling her after 10. She said the phone sex is kind of getting boring so she needs to spice it up some. Later, QD.

Got it
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

Damn, QD. Qwn3d to the max. However...you don't know what the fuck I do or am into. I'm not here to flame...and I didn't get a ticket for the headlights. I was simply wondering if anyone knew anything of it, seeing as I'm not the only out there who has had them as I've seen quite a number of cars with them. As for the five finger discount...dude, it's a warehouse. 3$ headlights missing won't be noticed. Not to mention the company can more than afford it, seeing as it's a BMW/Mercedes Benz warehouse who deals direct with Germany for parts, and brings in approximately 23M$ a year before paying it's employees and buying additional parts and such. The woman makes approximately 3M$ profit yearly. As stated...she's not gonna miss them. If she does...what gives. They'll be written off as a tax writeoff, which means it won't cost her anything. You're right...the alcohol issue is of my blame. I never said the cop was in the wrong for writing the ticket. I never said the court systems were wrong for bending me over...did I? I don't recall any such accounts. I was simply (yet again) wondering if anyone knew of similar instances. Yes, I do drink underage. How many people haven't? It's not like I get wasted and go out there and wreck...fuck that. It's not like I get wasted and even drive. I've never been medically injured by it, never been to a hospital, never hurt anyone, never not-remembered the night before...the ONLY thing that I've done wrong is been underage when drinking...of which I'm certain all but just a handful on this site have done the same.

So really...I don't know what to say to you. And you shouldn't have anything to say to me. So...to sum it all up? Suck a cock. If you don't like my posts, you don't have to read them, let alone post in them. You must have missed the other posts where I've asked for information on seats, searched to purchase seats from people, asked about where I can autoX, where people are meeting up, invited people on mtn runs with my and my club. Did you miss that part? Or were you too busy bitching about something else?

Thanks, BL

Oh, my mistake. I see where you got the inference that I had a ticket for this. Yes, I posted I had received a ticket in the past. I won in court for that. When I was last pulled over...I didn't get a ticket. I should have put it in plain writing for you. My mistake. Although I should have assumed this on your post with ignorance on the topic and not knowing what was going on, I'll make it clear now as to help you in making your online-life a bit shorter as you won't have to type as much.

I DID NOT RECEIVE A TICKET FOR THIS INCIDENT.

Last edited by JokerTypeR; 11-17-2005 at 06:58 PM.

Default Sit back and enjoy the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by JokerTypeR
    Damn, QD. Qwn3d to the max.
    Goddamn right.

However...you don't know what the fuck I do or am into. I'm not here to flame...
    Fucc what you do or are. I'm glad you're not here to flame. Leave that to me.

As for the five finger discount...dude, it's a warehouse. 3$ headlights missing won't be noticed.
    Holy shit! Had I known that when I worked at McDonalds's...being that they have served over a billion people, who knows how many cheeseburgers I could have gotten away with.

Not to mention the company can more than afford it, seeing as it's a BMW/Mercedes Benz warehouse who deals direct with Germany for parts, and brings in approximately 23M$ a year before paying it's employees and buying additional parts and such. The woman makes approximately 3M$ profit yearly. As stated...she's not gonna miss them.
    So that makes it ok?

Yes, I do drink underage. How many people haven't?
    O know of at least one.

It's not like I get wasted and go out there and wreck...fuck that. It's not like I get wasted and even drive.
    Well, at least you are capable of typing one worth a shit sentence.

So really...I don't know what to say to you. And you shouldn't have anything to say to me. So...to sum it all up? Suck a cock.
    Is that all you could come up with? I mean you typed up this loooong drawn out essay on whatever this is about and that was all you could come up with to put me in my place? You could've at least added a derogatory label at the end of that.

For example: Suck a cock, bitch.

If you don't like my posts, you don't have to read them, let alone post in them.
    I think that is very sweet and sincere on your part to give me that option. I, however, don't know if I'll take you up on it.

You must have missed the other posts where I've asked for information on seats, searched to purchase seats from people, asked about where I can autoX, where people are meeting up, invited people on mtn runs with my and my club. Did you miss that part?
    Nope. Didn't miss it.

Oh, my mistake. I see where you got the inference that I had a ticket for this. Yes, I posted I had received a ticket in the past. I won in court for that. When I was last pulled over...I didn't get a ticket. I should have put it in plain writing for you. My mistake. Although I should have assumed this on your post with ignorance on the topic and not knowing what was going on, I'll make it clear now as to help you in making your online-life a bit shorter as you won't have to type as much.

You tried SUPER hard on that one, didn't you? Lolol. I hope you stick around a while and post more often. This will be fun. Later, QD.

Goddamn right.

Holy shit! Had I known that when I worked at McDonalds's...being that they have served over a billion people, who knows how many cheeseburgers I could have gotten away with.

So that makes it ok?

O know of at least one.

Is that all you could come up with? I mean you typed up this loooong drawn out essay on whatever this is about and that was all you could come up with to put me in my place? You could've at least added a derogatory label at the end of that.

I think that is very sweet and sincere on your part to give me that option. I, however, don't know if I'll take you up on it.

Nope. Didn't miss it.

You tried SUPER hard on that one, didn't you? Lolol. I hope you stick around a while and post more often. This will be fun. Later, QD.
    That's way to much analyzing for me to reply to all of it except a piece here and there. As stated, I'm not here to flame. I'm a person into cars who builds and tunes, and occasionally gets in trouble. However, if you saw that I post on other topics outside of my troubles, why would you comment saying that I don't? Derrogatory statements...why should I? I'm not here to flame. As for a comment to "put you in your place"...my goal isn't to put you down, put you in your place, or say "dude, meet me at the varsity at midnight so I can kick your ass". This is the internet...a thing I use to research this and that...not start fights. No, I didn't try hard on that last one. I was actually trying to hurry up in response to you as I was on my way out the door to my girlfriend's house before she went in for surgery. Yes, I will be around for quite some time as I know a couple people on here and come here for a little information, as well as meets and such. I hope to see you at one sometime. Again...not to fight.

Later

DC5-R

lol dis some funny shit.

KING OF SIGS BISH FRO RRY Rican219's Avatar

2008 Pontiac G8 GT (Not your Daddys 4 door)
    2006 CBR F4i - (Sold)
    2007 Lexus IS - (Sold)
    2006 MazdaSpeed 6 - (Sold)
    Most recent cars list is too long

I was actually trying to hurry up in response to you as I was on my way out the door to my girlfriend's house before she went in for surgery.

Later
    Surgery Huh.....lemme guess is she getting a takeadickouttame

That one was too easy...I had to get it before QD did !

^^^ Lolol. I wouldn't have went there with it. I'll stick to just the dude. I don't mess with anyone's family or whoever as long as they don't get themselves involved. Later, QD.

Joker Performance 1 Neon StreetSweepn's Avatar

This is possibly the dumbest shit i have ever read all anyone had to do was answer the mans question about his yellow headlights (which by the way the yellow ones did look better than the new white ones ). There was no need for either one of u to act like 2 yr. olds(one more than the other). I know JokertypeR personally and he is my boy we ride together whenever we get the chance so he made a couple bad choices but hey we all have. As for QD i have respect for you because as of yet i have no reason not too. i have a solution for this whole prob. Joker put ur yellows back in and in the words of ICE CUBE " FUCK THE POLICE". And QD dont snap on folks when the ask a question if u dont know the answer leave ur out but hey thats just my

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSweepn
    " FUCK THE POLICE"
    Nice one, dude. It's that shitty attitude that keeps your boy in the predicaments he gets in. I put my two cents for two reasons. The first reason is the same reason a dog would give you as to why he licks his own nuts:

1. I can
    2. When I see geniuses fuccing up and try to see if they can get out of it and call it bullshit and say cops are assholes, I'll say something.

If your boy wasn't so bent on breaking the law, he probably wouldn't have to sweat on how he's gonna get out of it. Trust me, I've been around long enough to know it is much more relaxing to be sitting around knowing I don't have to worry if I'm gonna be in jail by the end of the night. If my morality and common sense has you to not have respect for me, then so be it. It won't bother me one bit to have someone with your or your boys lack of morals not respect me. Later, QD.

Nice one, dude. It's that shitty attitude that keeps your boy in the predicaments he gets in. I put my two cents for two reasons. The first reason is the same reason a dog would give you as to why he licks his own nuts:

1. I can
    2. When I see geniuses fuccing up and try to see if they can get out of it and call it bullshit and say cops are assholes, I'll say something.

If your boy wasn't so bent on breaking the law, he probably wouldn't have to sweat on how he's gonna get out of it. Trust me, I've been around long enough to know it is much more relaxing to be sitting around knowing I don't have to worry if I'm gonna be in jail by the end of the night. If my morality and common sense has you to not have respect for me, then so be it. It won't bother me one bit to have someone with your or your boys lack of morals not respect me. Later, QD.
    See, this post actually has some decency in it, and I'll respect it. But dude, you're still overlooking that I never said cops were assholes...they're doing their job. As for "fucking the police" naw...again...they're doing their jobs, and sometimes, it's beneficial to people. I also never said the cop was full of shit. I simply stated that if I was right, and the cop was wrong, it's bullshit that the situation arose (again, we're tlaking about the headlights situation only) because the cop should know the law better than I do. I was pretty certain I was correct until the cop pulled me over for them, for which then I was asking for other opinions. Not to hear someone snap on me. So all in all, I think we both have valid points. I need to stay outta trouble, no doubt. This post wasn't a pity post.

However, I see this site isn't good for much more than gossip, and talk. I think I'll stick to HT, SIA, and VWV for my tuning and actual performance. If you think you've got the performance to keep up, though...please show your balls. Yesterday was our fall run for which we had over 30 cars turnout for the run of which included some cars that I'm certain are out of YOUR usual crew's. To name a few, Lotus Elise, Ferrari 355 F1, drift Supra, Z, G35, Z06. Not to mention a Cordoba and I who hit the turns measuring in at between 1.4 and 1.6 G's in the turns, making us untouchable to all but the Cooper S and exotics.

Til then, keep bein' gangsta, if you want. I'm out...

Want proof? http://homepage.mac.com/dragonfli_x/...toAlbum89.html
    http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/wj2Ex9Vb

Hope to see you 'round.

Ok, I've done some hardcore research as the cops have had me hard at it since I purchased my yellow headlight bulbs through Luminics after reading their selling point of "50-state DOT legal".

So I was ticketed for violation of Georgia State Law (we're gonna call these GSL's) 40-8-22 stating "no headlights" as he said the yellow wouldn't count as headlights. I researched the law and it states that one must be illuminated on either side of the vehicle within certain heights and such. I went to court, explained I DID have lights, they were just yellow, and won...scratch free.

Recently I was pulled in Cherokee by a Sheriff (cuz they decided not to have cops) at friggin' 3 in the morning DESPITE a car passed me (speeding of course) and the cop pulls ME over. WTF. So he says he pulled me cuz of my lights, and I explained that according to the law, I'm not breaking it. He states that although I've done my research and am correct, my lights are STILL incorrect according to 40-8-34, which says "The color in all lighting equipment covered in this title shall be in accordance with Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Standard J578, April, 1965, as thereafter revised or amended."
    So I looked up J578 and found that the law did state, "Headlamps MUST be white in color". That is, of course, until in 1998 when the law was revised because Phillips and Sylvania started producing the "blue tinted" headlamps (HID, Xenon, etc). Code J578 was then revised with "must be white in color" scratched out.

So my concern and question is this...does anyone have any information on any of this or know of someone I can ask? I've switched to white lamps until I can solve this (thanks to a 5finger discount from my job) but I'd like to know what the law is, whether I'm right or wrong.
    Honestly, just abide by the law. Saves the trouble of dealing with the law!

I've been pulled over in the past for my headlights (when I had projectors w/ halo) I eventually changed them out. Blue, yellow whatever is cool to have BUT in the end the law is set accordinly mainly for safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Type-R
    Honestly, just abide by the law. Saves the trouble of dealing with the law!

I've been pulled over in the past for my headlights (when I had projectors w/ halo) I eventually changed them out. Blue, yellow whatever is cool to have BUT in the end the law is set accordinly mainly for safety.
    Yeah, as stated, I switched to the white bulbs, yanked the halo ring out of the projectors, and I still have my yellow bulbs for show and stuff, but otherwise, I'm sick of dealing with it. Ij ust wanna know for my own personal interest. As for the future, the headlights are to be converted to JDM. All in time.

Yeah, as stated, I switched to the white bulbs, yanked the halo ring out of the projectors, and I still have my yellow bulbs for show and stuff, but otherwise, I'm sick of dealing with it. Ij ust wanna know for my own personal interest. As for the future, the headlights are to be converted to JDM. All in time.
    Aye

I got pulled over by SC state trooper going through a small town. He said I had blue headlights. Then I broke out the rules and regs and examples of BMW halo's. Needless to say I got off the hook but that was just more reason to remove the headlights

Whatever happened to "stick to HT, SIA, and VWV?" Later, QD.

Whatever happened to "stick to HT, SIA, and VWV?" Later, QD.
    Yeah, but then someone posted something other than flaming remarks, so I figured I'd keep in touch for a minute. That and I got in touch with someone on here with a teggy who's interested in running the mountains with my crew.

WOW! COOL! Later, QD.

Goddamn right.

So that makes it ok?

O know of at least one.

Nope. Didn't miss it.

Q-e-thug-D strikes again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to quickdodgeŽ again.

Damn, QD. Qwn3d to the max. However...you don't know what the fuck I do or am into. I'm not here to flame...and I didn't get a ticket for the headlights. I was simply wondering if anyone knew anything of it, seeing as I'm not the only out there who has had them as I've seen quite a number of cars with them. As for the five finger discount...dude, it's a warehouse. 3$ headlights missing won't be noticed. Not to mention the company can more than afford it, seeing as it's a BMW/Mercedes Benz warehouse who deals direct with Germany for parts, and brings in approximately 23M$ a year before paying it's employees and buying additional parts and such. The woman makes approximately 3M$ profit yearly. As stated...she's not gonna miss them. If she does...what gives. They'll be written off as a tax writeoff, which means it won't cost her anything. You're right...the alcohol issue is of my blame. I never said the cop was in the wrong for writing the ticket. I never said the court systems were wrong for bending me over...did I? I don't recall any such accounts. I was simply (yet again) wondering if anyone knew of similar instances. Yes, I do drink underage. How many people haven't? It's not like I get wasted and go out there and wreck...fuck that. It's not like I get wasted and even drive. I've never been medically injured by it, never been to a hospital, never hurt anyone, never not-remembered the night before...the ONLY thing that I've done wrong is been underage when drinking...of which I'm certain all but just a handful on this site have done the same.

So really...I don't know what to say to you. And you shouldn't have anything to say to me. So...to sum it all up? Suck a cock. If you don't like my posts, you don't have to read them, let alone post in them. You must have missed the other posts where I've asked for information on seats, searched to purchase seats from people, asked about where I can autoX, where people are meeting up, invited people on mtn runs with my and my club. Did you miss that part? Or were you too busy bitching about something else?

Thanks, BL

If its $3 why not just pay for it? Or atleast ask if you can have it?

That WOULD have been easier to do given this company sold to the public...but it doesn't.

Look, I think QD and I'z convo has gone far enough with plenty of comments from the outside. So why not let this drop?

Yeah, QD is gangsta, and cool and all that crap :jerkit: cool stuff, grats to him for bein' a dick...

If ya'll have somethin' to say, and have the balls to try me...check the mountain runs.

Other than that, I'm hoping we can stay on good grounds. I'm here for car shit. Not argueing.

Thanks.

, grats to him for bein' a dick...
    For someone wanting to be "on good grounds," you sure aren't setting a good example, dumbass. Here you are complaining all over IA about how the cops are always getting you, unfairly, and you're going to go on a moutanin run. I know if you get caught, it will not be because you did something wrong. It'll be because the cops suck and you should be allowed to drive and act how you want. Hmmmm. Later, QD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast