Ok, I've done some hardcore research as the cops have had me hard at it since I purchased my yellow headlight bulbs through Luminics after reading their selling point of "50-state DOT legal".

So I was ticketed for violation of Georgia State Law (we're gonna call these GSL's) 40-8-22 stating "no headlights" as he said the yellow wouldn't count as headlights. I researched the law and it states that one must be illuminated on either side of the vehicle within certain heights and such. I went to court, explained I DID have lights, they were just yellow, and won...scratch free.

Recently I was pulled in Cherokee by a Sheriff (cuz they decided not to have cops) at friggin' 3 in the morning DESPITE a car passed me (speeding of course) and the cop pulls ME over. WTF. So he says he pulled me cuz of my lights, and I explained that according to the law, I'm not breaking it. He states that although I've done my research and am correct, my lights are STILL incorrect according to 40-8-34, which says "The color in all lighting equipment covered in this title shall be in accordance with Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Standard J578, April, 1965, as thereafter revised or amended."
So I looked up J578 and found that the law did state, "Headlamps MUST be white in color". That is, of course, until in 1998 when the law was revised because Phillips and Sylvania started producing the "blue tinted" headlamps (HID, Xenon, etc). Code J578 was then revised with "must be white in color" scratched out.

So my concern and question is this...does anyone have any information on any of this or know of someone I can ask? I've switched to white lamps until I can solve this (thanks to a 5finger discount from my job) but I'd like to know what the law is, whether I'm right or wrong.