Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Cop Car To Outrun...or try....

Banned

Default New Cop Car To Outrun...or try....new charger

Did somebody say 6.1L HEMI? 425 hp 420 lbft torque. Right now looks like there going to produce Charger R/T's, Daytona's, and SRT-8's. The SRT-8 gets the 6.1L HEMI.

It’s not called the Enforcer like many of us were expecting, and it really doesn’t look much different than the street Charger. It is available with all the necessary heavy-duty items and in V-6 or V-8 packaging. This Charger can also be ordered with a dashboard kit which will allow for mounting of specific police-related gear, something that was never OEM on a cruiser before. Ford better do something quick about the rear gas tank Crown Vic because we might have the new king of police transportation.

Last edited by Z71StarsNBarsZ71; 05-19-2005 at 02:41 PM.

They can't control the slow boats they have now. I hope they can control that much power during a chase.

whew... that last pic is nicey nice

Banned

i believe that last one is an srt8

They cant touch da civic!!!
    Brett (One of the true OG's, No really... ask anyone)
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

www.facebook.com/brett.lowenthal1

R.I.P Leisa, You are never forgotten - 10/7/08

wow....we're fucked!

also....one cannot outrun Motorola
    Val RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfwit
    my only rule in life
    1: NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DATE A GIRL OFF IA, OR TELL A GIRLFRIEND ABOUT IA.

Yea that walkie talkie goes everywhere

a tru OG,.. ask somebody

wow.. more ways for cops to waste our tax dollars.. especially how expensicve gas is now....
    Jimmy Blair II
    www.Pinnacleracing.com
    01 Tahoe w/ 'sclade stuff
    99 Grand Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by Big Body Accord
    wow.. more ways for cops to waste our tax dollars.. especially how expensicve gas is now....

dude...i honestly think they really do need them....how would one feel if one was driving around in a jinormously heavy, slow, crappy handling Crown Vic...fuck they're fasted car is an Intrepid :jerkit: ...yes granted some have a Z28 lying around....

yousef

just my
    Val RIP
    my only rule in life
    1: NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DATE A GIRL OFF IA, OR TELL A GIRLFRIEND ABOUT IA.

2002 SRP Scoob WRX jonnyboy0150's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leisa
    whew... that last pic is nicey nice
    Word, that thing is sick!
    95 Turbo Integra For Sale
    05 Ram 2500 Cummins

A day late, a buck short Buford®'s Avatar
    Starin' at the world through my rear-view.

Quote Originally Posted by theskinnyone
    dude...i honestly think they really do need them....how would one feel if one was driving around in a jinormously heavy, slow, crappy handling Crown Vic...fuck they're fastest car is an Intrepid :jerkit: ...yes granted some have a Z28 lying around....

yousef

just my
    Uuhh... Duluth has the Grand Prix GTP's. Those are faster than the Vic's. They never whip out the Z28's.

Fuck you, RP.
    My 2001 Acura 3.2CL Type-S

Val for president!
    Yes, I would have voted for her.
    In loving memory of Valerie Antranikian.

Quote Originally Posted by Accord Monster
    Uuhh... Duluth has the Grand Prix GTP's. Those are faster than the Vic's. They never whip out the Z28's.

Fuck you, RP.

oh yeah forgot about those....

my bad....(i didn't mean to instigate anything)....
    Val RIP
    my only rule in life

2002 SRP Scoob WRX jonnyboy0150's Avatar

South carolina has z28s with v6 camaro wheels and no external light bars or any of that. The only visible markings are a blue stripes on each side, u cant tell from the front or rear. Ive seen the cops that drive them too, they wear those goofy ass drill instructor hats! What kooks! HAHA!
    95 Turbo Integra For Sale
    05 Ram 2500 Cummins

IA.COM Founder.

still a dodge.

-=Mi4=-

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Julio
    still a dodge.
    YUP! oh well... i guess they gonna write mo tickets to pay for those

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by civic95
    They can't control the slow boats they have now. I hope they can control that much power during a chase.
    that's because they handle like shit, even with the upgraded interceptor springs and shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Accord Monster
    Uuhh... Duluth has the Grand Prix GTP's. Those are faster than the Vic's.
    those are also front wheel drive, fuck that. I feel sorry for any cop I see in a FWD.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboy0150
    South carolina has z28s with v6 camaro wheels and no external light bars or any of that. The only visible markings are a blue stripes on each side, u cant tell from the front or rear. Ive seen the cops that drive them too, they wear those goofy ass drill instructor hats! What kooks! HAHA!
    SC also has unmarked M5's they run up and down 85, I'd be a whole lot less worried about a camaro than a car tha is just as powerful but built for high speeds & can actually handle.

FLSP Have a few C5 Vette's. Only really see them on the Turnpike though.
    Adam Elite-founder www.eliteofatlanta.com

A.C.E. GA Rep. [email protected]

1994 JDM converted GSR

McDonough has several Z28's w/ six speed tranny that stay in the vicinity of I75. They also have some cars they've started putting in use with the light bars molded in the front and rear that are very hard to identify until it's too late.

When negotiations fail... Ruiner's Avatar

It doesn't scare me.
    AIM: RuinerTT
    2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE

i bet they handle as bad as the crown vic or worse

Banned

well it will handle like any other big bulky sedan if they use the base model but if they use the srt 8 i think it will handle just fine

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Actually, those pics are of the new Dodge Charger everyone on this board ragged about not too long ago.... Not the SRT8....

Banned

the srt8 is the charger with the 6.1 hemi....

Banned

Flexing Modern Muscle: Introducing the All-New 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8

With its infusion of Street and Racing Technology (SRT) DNA, the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 provides exactly what performance enthusiasts want in their American muscle sedan: more power, world-class ride and handling, benchmark braking, functional and aggressive-looking exterior enhancements and a race-inspired interior.

* Dodge Charger + 425-horsepower 6.1-liter HEMI® + SRT = a car only Dodge can offer
    * Balanced Performance: the quickest sedan in the Dodge lineup, plus race-bred handling, world-class braking
    * SRT Performance: 0-60 mph in 5-second range, 0-100-0 mph in mid 16-second range, 60-0 mph in approximately 110 feet
    * New York, Mar 24, 2005 - When Dodge unveiled the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger into its lineup, performance-car aficionados had a lot to celebrate. The party gets kicked up a notch with the introduction of the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8.

“The all-new Dodge Charger embodies all of the key attributes of the Dodge brand – bold, powerful, street-smart and full of life,” said Darryl Jackson, Vice President, Dodge Marketing, Chrysler Group. “The all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 builds on the Dodge formula. It starts with a 425-horsepower 6.1-liter HEMI® engine and continues with a powerful dose of renowned Street and Racing Technology performance for a tremendous performance-per-dollar value story.”

During the heyday of the original Dodge Charger, performance was measured mainly in straight-line numbers. Today, SRT adds a complete approach with the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8.

“The SRT approach to performance is multi-dimensional,” said Dan Knott, Director, Street and Racing Technology, Chrysler Group. “For example, the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 incorporates Brembo brakes to stop as well as it accelerates. Its handling is world-class across a dynamic range. Its interior is designed specifically for the performance driver. And its performance exterior characteristics don’t just look great, they’re also functional.”

As an all-around performer, the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 is capable of awe-inspiring numbers unheard-of in a muscle sedan: 0-60 mph in around 5 seconds, quarter-mile time in the 13-second range and braking distance from 60-0 mph in approximately 110 feet. The Dodge Charger SRT8 is also capable of accomplishing SRT’s signature performance test of 0-100-0 mph in the mid 16-second range.

Ride and Handling

Chassis improvements on the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 include SRT-tuned dampers, specially tailored spring rates and suspension bushings, and large-diameter anti-sway bars. The ride height of the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 is one-half inch lower than the Dodge Charger. Handling is enhanced for performance with an Electronic Stability Program (ESP) specially tuned for the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8.

The all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 rides on unique SRT-developed five-spoke 20-inch forged aluminum wheels. Tires are high-performance Goodyear Supercar F1 three-season tires with asymmetrical tread (four-season tires are an available option) - 245/45/20 in the front, and 255/45/20 in the rear.

Braking

Balanced performance demands the ability to slow and stop a vehicle in proportion to the ability to accelerate. The braking system of the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 provides benchmark braking performance, befitting the Charger SRT8’s extreme performance character.

All four wheels feature Brembo performance brake calipers, with the red finish characteristic of all Dodge SRT vehicles. Each four-piston caliper grips a vented rotor; 360 x 32mm discs up front, with 350 x 26mm in the rear.

Exterior

Functional performance is at the heart of the SRT credo. To that end, an all-new front fascia includes integrated ducts that help direct fresh air to cool the brakes. The front fascia also incorporates an air dam to reduce lift. The hood is equipped with a scoop to funnel cool air into the engine compartment.

The rear fascia features integrated lower strakes to direct air flow and aggressive cutouts to accommodate dual 3.5-inch exhaust tips. A dramatic decklid spoiler set on dual stanchions increases downforce for high-speed stability and traction.

And because SRT vehicles look as good as they perform, a unique heritage-style SRT badge is set into the blacked-out grill. Body-colored exterior mirrors fold inward for convenience in tight quarters.

Three exterior colors are available: Bright Silver, Brilliant Black and Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat.

Interior

Race-inspired interior appointments in the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 start with power-adjustable, deeply sculpted and highly bolstered sport seats in the front fitted with performance suede inserts to hold occupants during maneuvering. Rear seats have matching performance suede inserts. All seats have contrasting red stitching.

Other sporting touches include “carbon fiber” technical leather trim on the steering wheel for better grip, and special finishing on the center stack.

A 180-mph (300 kph) speedometer, tachometer and temperature gauge feature dark faces unique to the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8. An LED display within the gauge cluster is driver-configurable for oil temperature, oil pressure and tire pressure readouts.

Available options on the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 include power sunroof, Kicker® audio system with six-disc CD changer, DVD-based Navigation system with turn-by directions and voice prompts, automatic temperature control, heated front seats and side air bags.

Also available are SIRIUS® Satellite Radio and a UConnect™ hands-free communications system with Bluetooth™ technology. This system recognizes up to seven different Bluetooth-equipped cellular phones and responds to voice commands, utilizing a microphone in the rear-view mirror and the stereo system’s speakers for hands-free conversations.

The 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 interior is offered in Dark Slate Grey/Light Graystone.

Powertrain

Just as the very first Charger – the original 1964 “Charger by Dodge” concept car - sported a HEMI V-8, the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 gets its motivation from a HEMI, too. In this case, it’s a big-bore, SRT-engineered version producing 425 horsepower and 420 lb.-ft. of torque.

Several features of the new 6.1-liter SRT HEMI recall the legendary HEMI engines of previous decades, including the namesake hemispherical combustion chambers that provide power and efficiency, orange-painted cylinder block, black valve covers, and even the horsepower rating (with less displacement, the 6.1-liter HEMI’s 69.8 horsepower-per-liter rating exceeds that of the legendary Street HEMI of the 1960s and ‘70s).

To create the 6.1-liter version of the Chrysler Group’s HEMI, SRT powertrain engineers applied tried-and-true engine-building tricks honed by generations of American hot-rodders.

They unleashed 85 more horsepower by adding more cubic inches, increasing the compression ratio, redesigning the cylinder head, intake and exhaust systems for increased flow, and increasing engine speed.

For more displacement, SRT engineers bored out the diameter of the cylinders in the HEMI by 3.5 millimeters each in order to increase the total displacement to 6.1 liters from 5.7 liters.

Compression ratio was also increased to 10.3:1 from 9.6:1, increasing engine efficiency and power.

Engine breathing was increased with new higher-flow cylinder heads, a specially designed intake manifold, and exhaust headers with individual tubes encased in a stainless steel shell, all unique to the 6.1-liter HEMI engine. Larger-diameter valves and reshaped ports in the heads allow for maximized air flow. The intake manifold was designed with larger-diameter and shorter runners for higher-speed tuning. Exhaust is routed through a large-diameter (2.75-inch vs. 2.5-inch) exhaust system with 3.5-inch chrome tips.

To further increase horsepower, performance-oriented camshaft profiles were developed to allow more air in and out of the cylinders, as well as manage a higher engine speed. SRT engineers increased HEMI’s peak power output engine speed nearly 20 percent to 6,000 revolutions per minute (rpm) from 5,000 rpm. Intake and exhaust valve stems are hollow, and exhaust valve stems are filled with sodium to help dissipate heat more efficiently.

The high-performance SRT 6.1-liter HEMI is strengthened with redesigned components, including a reinforced engine block, forged steel crankshaft, high-strength powdered-metal connecting rods, floating-pin pistons (cooled by oil squirters), and an oil pan modified to manage oil return to the pan sump at high engine speeds.

Power for the SRT 6.1-liter HEMI is channeled through an A580 five-speed automatic transmission with specially calibrated driver-selectable AutoStick®, which offers fully automatic or manual shifting selection. A heavy-duty four-flange prop shaft sends the torque from the transmission to an upgraded differential and axles.

Safety and Security Features
    Following are safety and security features in the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8:

* Advanced Multi-stage Air Bag System: This system inflates with a force appropriate to the severity of the impact. It includes the occupant classification system (OCS)
    * Anti-lock Brake System: Electronic sensors help prevent wheel lockup. The ABS system offers improved steering control under extreme braking and/or slippery conditions
    * Electronic Stability Program (ESP): This feature aids the driver in maintaining vehicle directional stability, providing oversteer and understeer control to maintain vehicle behavior on various road surface.
    * Energy-absorbing Steering Column: Manual-adjust telescoping steering column includes two hydroformed coaxial tubes that move relative to each other, which allows the column to move forward and provide more energy absorption during an impact
    * Occupant Classification System (OCS): The OCS measures the conditions for activation or deactivation of the passenger-side front air bag based upon the weight of the occupant

The 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 will be assembled at Brampton Assembly Plant in Brampton, Ontario, Canada.

Banned

and the black car above IS an SRT-8
    more SRT-8's

....and my top let back umairejaz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by speedminded
    SC also has unmarked M5's they run up and down 85, I'd be a whole lot less worried about a camaro than a car tha is just as powerful but built for high speeds & can actually handle.
    are you serious?!! id love to see a pic

something other then NOOB MitsuEvo6's Avatar

At first i wasn't found of the new charger. I still would ed to see a little more agressive styling, but the power speaks true. I want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner
    It doesn't scare me.
    hahaha, YOU WOULD!! lol, but yeah, i bet.

Quote Originally Posted by umairejaz
    are you serious?!! id love to see a pic
    I remember them as being unmarked but apparently they are "semi-marked", just decals, no roof lights... http://www.promotex.ca/articles/cawt...3_article.html

Banned

that gsp 3 series is sweet looking
    Last edited by Z71StarsNBarsZ71; 04-02-2005 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Z71StarsNBarsZ71
    that gsp m5 is sweet looking
    schp up there :p

Banned

no....it's a gsp but it is a reg 3 series...i didn't even pay attention

"I will say this; the cars were absolutely gorgeous and were real head turners," said Mr. Shepherd when speaking of the GSP BMWs.

As far as I know, no one ever made a model of the Georgia State Patrol 320i. That's too bad, because, as you can see from the picture, Mr. Shepherd is absolutely right: they are real head turners.

look at the side of the car buddy

Banned

The one and only Buddha buddha@TeamFX's Avatar

cliff leave ford out of this...there isnt a problem with the tanks in the crown victoria's
    Year One R&D/New Product
    Budget Boy's Performance EST. 2005
    "We're bustin ours, to kick yours"

Banned

alright so they aren't supposed to be released till june somtime so i am assuming the Silver base model i passed today is the first in Ga. anyways the back was kinda blah but the front of this car is pure sickness in person...it will definately have no problems sellin when they start hittin the lots

"THAT AIN'T RIGHT"V8 OWNR silviadriftr's Avatar

One of the owners of NOPI just got a silver 300m srt-8. Pretty quick for a luxury sedan. Brembo calipers and rotors, 20 chrome srt engraved wheels, ect...
    Mainstream Performance
    Home of Turbo Dave Fabrications
    2JZ TDF Built 240SX SOLD
    My RHD TDF Built SR20 FOR SALE
    record holding-473whp sr20
    stock cams and bottom end

Team Night Kids, I am RHD

looks mean, and fun to try to be chased by LOL
    Shift_Drift

talk about a dead cop there gonna have to scrap tem off the floor that means u run em an they die u get more years

Osaka Sokutatsu mocha latte cupcake's Avatar

Cops.... stop spending my money to try and catch me... besides its still a hemi.... i ain't skerd!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by silviadriftr
    One of the owners of NOPI just got a silver 300m srt-8. Pretty quick for a luxury sedan. Brembo calipers and rotors, 20 chrome srt engraved wheels, ect...
    you mean 300c SRT-8?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast