Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Get ready for the next IA implementation...

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    I have a feeling that the people that do NOT want to see this are the people that may have something to worry about.

Later, QD.
    i have no problem with me taking an iq test, my view is that i dont think it should be mandatory for the forum, i think it would discourage a lot of potential members to the site, if i am just curious about a site, and realize i am forced to take a test just to become a member, i probably would just look for another forum, whether or not i think i would pass, it would strike me as highly unnecessary, i fully understand the "need" to filter out members, however business wise, i think its a horrible move, but as i said, thats just my opinion

CANT STOP WHAT YOU CANT CATCH
    :idb::boobies:I EAT PUSSY FOR REPS! LOL :boobies::idb:

283.5°.516"(13.11mm) DirtyMechanic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDMJAY View Post
    Tenacious D - Friendship test
    correct

p.s. must spread reps first.

Quote Originally Posted by loverboy_gnd View Post
    thts what i said... n dude said no lol
    no its not. you said blacck jack. not the answer. then you said this\/ which was not stated in a answer form. thank you and have a nice day.

dang i coulda sworn tht was when "tenacious d" did the friendship test thingy where he calles up the dude and fucked with his head a lil bit, then told him he passed the test
    The G Spot Hero

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDS, you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by stillaneon View Post
    I don't know that!
    well you have to know these things when your a king, you know...

i have no problem with me taking an iq test, my view is that i dont think it should be mandatory for the forum, i think it would discourage a lot of potential members to the site, if i am just curious about a site, and realize i am forced to take a test just to become a member, i probably would just look for another forum, whether or not i think i would pass, it would strike me as highly unnecessary, i fully understand the "need" to filter out members, however business wise, i think its a horrible move, but as i said, thats just my opinion
    The G Spot Hero

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDS, you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences."

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

that i dont think it should be mandatory for the forum,
    You know there's an easy solution for that, right?

i think it would discourage a lot of potential members to the site,
    ...a lot of potential "stupid" members to the site.

Don't think that this is being done without procedures taking place. Over the course of the last four weeks, several of us have been out car shows, flea markets, church socials and even the local malls giving surveys on what people would like to see in an automotive and/or lifestyle forum. Here are a couple of responses we got:

"I think it's a disgrace to our educational system...teachers already get underpaid for their dedication and then for their students and further decimate the partial education they've received is just an insult to the hard work teachers put forth."

"FUCK YEAH! I think there should be testing for a forum."

That's just a couple of the tens of surveys we've done in the last month. So we've done our research into this and, well....majority rules! Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

You know there's an easy solution for that, right?

...a lot of potential "stupid" members to the site.

Don't think that this is being done without procedures taking place. Over the course of the last four weeks, several of us have been out car shows, flea markets, church socials and even the local malls giving surveys on what people would like to see in an automotive and/or lifestyle forum. Here are a couple of responses we got:

"I think it's a disgrace to our educational system...teachers already get underpaid for their dedication and then for their students and further decimate the partial education they've received is just an insult to the hard work teachers put forth."

"FUCK YEAH! I think there should be testing for a forum."

That's just a couple of the tens of surveys we've done in the last month. So we've done our research into this and, well....majority rules! Later, QD.
    X2. I got a few interesting repsonses that involved sheep, panty hose and handcuffs. But that was closer to Warner Robbins...
    I'm just that guy that spends all his time printing.... T-shirts, banners, vinyl, etc.

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary.... that's what gets you"

handcuffs can be fun...
    The G Spot Hero

i r be excited for this! But in all honesty this is a really good idea. Forum could turn into honda-tech and no one wants that....

Quote Originally Posted by d00d View Post
    i r be excited for this! But in all honesty this is a really good idea. Forum could turn into honda-tech and no one wants that....
    whats honda-tech?
    The G Spot Hero

it's true! QD my fav tmracing83's Avatar

Good idea qd.

OBAMA..... *IS*
    One. Big. Ass. Mistake. America.

So in the preliminary, trial stage, we had 33 people attempt to register. Of those 33, only 8 made it through.

This means, out of this group, 75% LESS stupid will be on IA. This is the kind of numbers we were looking for. I am actually excited about this. Later, QD.

Sounds dumb..

Im NOT one of the STUPID, LOW IQ members but, damn.. You have to take a TEST to join IA.. WOW

from a business standpoint ..... very very bad idea, QD have you guys really thought this through thoroughly, its going to change type of posts / threads that are made which is a good thing, however you're drastically cutting site traffic....... less traffic = less potential customers for sponsors .......... less customers...= less sponsors..... less sponsors = less $$ for the site...... im jus sayin.

from a business standpoint ..... very very bad idea, QD have you guys really thought this through thoroughly, its going to change type of posts / threads that are made which is a good thing, however you're drastically cutting site traffic....... less traffic = less potential customers for sponsors .......... less customers...= less sponsors..... less sponsors = less $$ for the site...... im jus sayin.
    Being in business I'm going to throw out another possibility that I see...

Smart, educated people realize that dumb asses will no longer be allowed on this site. This encourages a different group of people to come into the site and that word spreads that there is a limit on who can get in based on intelligence. This new reputation brings NEW people to the site and traffic remains constant if not grows.

There are a lot of possible scenarios I think could happen from this. But don't ever think that there is only ever one outcome, no matter how sure you are.

Of course I own this.
    IT PUTS THE OREOS ON THE RIM

Quote Originally Posted by Bajjani View Post
    Being in business I'm going to throw out another possibility that I see...

Smart, educated people realize that dumb asses will no longer be allowed on this site. This encourages a different group of people to come into the site and that word spreads that there is a limit on who can get in based on intelligence. This new reputation brings NEW people to the site and traffic remains constant if not grows.

There are a lot of possible scenarios I think could happen from this. But don't ever think that there is only ever one outcome, no matter how sure you are.

Agreed you cannot predict the outcome.... however you will see a decline before said turnaround, and that turnaround... i don't think it would be significant enough to make much of a difference...

im jus sayin.
    No need to. Later, QD.

we now just have to ask our selves....Do we want Smart asses on the forum or Dumb asses hmmmm

cool pics bro

Agreed you cannot predict the outcome.... however you will see a decline before said turnaround, and that turnaround... i don't think it would be significant enough to make much of a difference...
    No need to. Later, QD.
    x2 There is already a large following, and I would also like to think not everybody is a dumb ass. There will always be new members. The smarter they are the better. Those people who are dumb asses may spread wrong information about products, vehicles(in every aspect), and slander others. Typically, if you present your self uneducated, you most likely also present yourself in an overall manner. Np body wants to do business with ignorant people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

No need to. Later, QD.
    QD you of all people who seem to be well educated should agree with me on this one, socially its a good move however business wise... not soo smart

Quote Originally Posted by 5speed View Post
    x2 There is already a large following, and I would also like to think not everybody is a dumb ass. There will always be new members. The smarter they are the better. Those people who are dumb asses may spread wrong information about products, vehicles(in every aspect), and slander others. Typically, if you present your self uneducated, you most likely also present yourself in an overall manner. Np body wants to do business with ignorant people.
    Agreed also.... but to an extent...... sponsors dont care whether they sell their product to an intelligent person or a retard..... as long as their product sells, and the main reason they pay these sites to promote their company / product, its to get "known" by as many people as possible, the more people that use your site.. the more sponsors would want to pay to advertise on your site, as soon as you start turning away 75% of your members, the less sponsors would want to use your site

I fail at test.... My days may be numberd....

It’s just the good ol’ boy in me
    I got my friends I got the recipe
    For one hell of a life

I got my girl got my family
    Got my booze and that’s all I need
    For a hell of a time

HELLYEAH!

Agreed also.... but to an extent...... sponsors dont care whether they sell their product to an intelligent person or a retard..... as long as their product sells, and the main reason they pay these sites to promote their company / product, its to get "known" by as many people as possible, the more people that use your site.. the more sponsors would want to pay to advertise on your site, as soon as you start turning away 75% of your members, the less sponsors would want to use your site
    Yeah, I understand money is money. When you do business with large amounts of money that is involved with modifying cars, then you would like to be doing business with someone who has at least presents themselves as someone who has a High School education. It isn't much to ask. I also think not taking a test, and going to look for another forum is stupid. The amount of time it takes to do that could be the time you took the test.

How about the sponsors chime in on this one?

yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

Yeah, I understand money is money. When you do business with large amounts of money that is involved with modifying cars, then you would like to be doing business with someone who has at least presents themselves as someone who has a High School education. It isn't much to ask. I also think not taking a test, and going to look for another forum is stupid. The amount of time it takes to do that could be the time you took the test.

How about the sponsors chime in on this one?
    true ... however QD mentioned that 75% of new applicants failed the test... do you really think thats the kind of numbers that would have sponsors jumping for your site. i also agree that when dealing with large amounts of money you would wanna deal with someone who at least has some common sense, however when advertising your main goal is getting seen by as much people as possible in your target market, and for someone to be interested in ia they may not have graduated from high school but i would assume they have some interest in cars, which would be the sponsors target market, "car people" . so denying them membership because they fail a test is not the best option... again thats only my opinion, i fully respect and accept whatever is QD's and the other mods final decision

true ... however QD mentioned that 75% of new applicants failed the test... do you really think thats the kind of numbers that would have sponsors jumping for your site. i also agree that when dealing with large amounts of money you would wanna deal with someone who at least has some common sense, however when advertising your main goal is getting seen by as much people as possible in your target market, and for someone to be interested in ia they may not have graduated from high school but i would assume they have some interest in cars, which would be the sponsors target market, "car people" . so denying them membership because they fail a test is not the best option... again thats only my opinion, i fully respect and accept whatever is QD's and the other mods final decision
    I agree that car enthusiasts are the market. From a businessman POV I would prefer it. I know that I may lose potential customers, but IA isn't the only place sponsors are marketing.

Amen.

I agree that car enthusiasts are the market. From a businessman POV I would prefer it. I know that I may lose potential customers, but IA isn't the only place sponsors are marketing.
    true but it is one of the places they are marketing, and from a fellow businessman POV, if i realize im losing 75% of my potential customers, i would just completely leave ia, and focus on my other locations,
    because eventually it would come to a point where its just not feasible any more.. to be paying for advertisements that's not getting to enough of your market to really be worth it

Okay again, loverboy, think a little deeper about this. I'd venture to say half the people who fail these tests are probably the same group of people who lie about their age to get on this website, which is sad. The other half of the people that fail an IQ test probably aren't really the ones making much money to buy your products. ALSO, as a business man, do I want to see my product on "punks" who are going to give the car scene a bad name by being ignorant, immature, stupid ass punks, or do I want people who intelligence who do it for the love of doing it?

Again, this is just another possible outcome.
    Also, I'd love to see a statistic of people who actually spend money on cars that would pass the IQ test vs the people who fail and how much they actually spend.
    I'd be there is a HUGE correlation

Of course I own this.

I'm fucked.

I refer people to the below quote:

I have a feeling that the people that do NOT want to see this are the people that may have something to worry about.
    Later, QD.

Later, QD.
    I don't wanna see you QD. You scare me threatening people with tampons and all, thats a crazy mother fucker there!!

Of course I own this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bajjani View Post
    I don't wanna see you QD. You scare me threatening people with tampons and all, thats a crazy mother fucker there!!
    It's what I do, man. Lolol. Later, QD.

Lmao @ the thread, good luck QD...!

T

I'm Glad I'm Human CHRISNITTOLO's Avatar

As many of you have noticed, there has been a pretty steady rise in the number of "dumb" people on Import Atlanta. The ones that have NOT noticed, probably didn't notice because they are their peers. Well the Justice League has taken notice of this recent influx of the educationally challenged and are prepared to take action. In an ongoing effort to reduce the not so smart crowd and, at the same time, raise the collective IQ level of IA, we will be phasing in an IQ test. This IQ test will focus mainly on common sense, reading comprehension and logic. It will have a minor focus on grammar and basic to moderate English skills. If the test taker fails any two of the main components, he or she will NOT be allowed to proceed into registration. If the test taker does pass all three of the main tests and fails BOTH of the minor portions, he or she will NOT be allowed to continue.

In addition, we will also be sending PMs with links to this test to existing members in order to weed out the dandelions that are already amongst us.

This is an attempt to make this board a more fun and easy reading board.

It will be phased in starting next week. Good luck to everyone. Later, QD.
    So, not only are we going to reduce the amount of new members getting on, but are also going to ban current members that portray themselves out for being dumb by failing the test that was given to them for doing so? I don't mind. Even if I was given the test.
    Quote Originally Posted by tdurr View Post
    sigged.

QD you of all people who seem to be well educated should agree with me on this one, socially its a good move however business wise... not soo smart
    oh he knows exactly what hes doing with this thread...

well i think its in effect if people are already taking the test. so your fight is mute. and completely stupid if you know whats going on. but continue its entertaining...

Later, QD.
    i do believe this is quite a epic thread QD. keep it up.
    The G Spot Hero

Im fucked lol
    Jason..

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMechanic View Post

i do believe this is quite a epic thread QD. keep it up.
    Thank you, sir. This will be hugely beneficial to IA and it's inhabitants. Later, QD.

Thank you, sir. This will be hugely beneficial to IA and it's inhabitants. Later, QD.
    i heard this thread was quite a hoot over by the water cooler.
    The G Spot Hero

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123