Thread: What exactly is...

Quote Originally Posted by LS3_KID View Post
    Dumbass.
    That's just mean
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Dollar View Post
    Oh ok. Obviously can tell I'm not a movie fanatic
    THAT'S MY JAM!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    what do you have against Old Navy? What did Old Navy do to you? You should have had your gift reciept for your return you ghostfaced bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesClues View Post
    That's just mean

Oh ok. Obviously can tell I'm not a movie fanatic
    Actually I just googled Blue Steel and that popped up under the pictures, lol.
    ~Val for President~
    ~RIP Leisa - You will be missed~

LizBiz eats Carpet! bdydrpdmazda's Avatar

eventually I will be considered an OG

Quote Originally Posted by BluesClues View Post
    That's just mean
    It was well needed though. You are a habitual line stepper, at least in this thread.

I said all of that to say --- I'm an OG in the scene... but not so much in the ATL scene although I am a native. Memories man... it was much more fun back in the day.
    "I'm not a gynecologist... but I'll take a look."

Actually I just googled Blue Steel and that popped up under the pictures, lol.
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by LS3_KID View Post
    It was well needed though. You are a habitual line stepper, at least in this thread.
    What lines have I been crossing?
    THAT'S MY JAM!
    what do you have against Old Navy? What did Old Navy do to you? You should have had your gift reciept for your return you ghostfaced bitch.

Proud to be Retrosexual Jaimecbr900's Avatar

Guys, real OG's KNOW they're OG's.

If you were invited and went to infamous IA parties back in the day......you're probably an OG.

If you remember Alex (Carrasco) or Pablo being judges at car shows and had Pablo stick his hand up your tail pipe to tell you your shit is NOT clean.....you're probably an OG.

If you were here and got pissed during the great crash.....you're probably an OG.

If you were there to see when the "IA girls" wore short shorts, did booty dances, and hung with the boys at the big and small shows......you're probably an OG.

If you remember having shows from the ice rink to race tracks to AMS (when NOPI NATS was fun) AND everybody had a good time drinking and cutting up......you're probably an OG.

If you remember Team ECI dominance, X-rated antics, being scared of clowns, Team Fuct wild boys, Kat knocking some guy out, 3somes in the middle of parties, pink parties, Altezzas were cool, cotton in the wheel wells was cool, rescuing CRX's out of crazy EX's garages.......then you're definetly an OG.....

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BABY J View Post
    I said all of that to say --- I'm an OG in the scene... but not so much in the ATL scene although I am a native. Memories man... it was much more fun back in the day.
    I got you. O-O-OG here. Probably a quad-OG since I drove my first modded car back in 1986. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

If you went to or COMPETED in Nopi at Lakewood Exhibition Center - then you've been around. I was a mini-trucker back then rollin a ranger laid out on airride suspension built from a Grainger catalog - there were no KITS yet. LOL. OLD SKOOL.

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    I got you. O-O-OG here. Probably a quad-OG since I drove my first modded car back in 1986. Later, QD.

I was 7 years old. LOL

Proud to be Retrosexual Jaimecbr900's Avatar

Pffft, youngster....

I just miss the old IA, before we had 3 billion mods and a bunch of shit talking kids.
    IA Rules doesn't allow these images in sigs

- IA Mgmt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimecbr900 View Post

If you were invited and went to infamous IA parties back in the day......you're probably an OG.

If you remember Alex (Carrasco) or Pablo being judges at car shows and had Pablo stick his hand up your tail pipe to tell you your shit is NOT clean.....you're probably an OG.

If you were here and got pissed during the great crash.....you're probably an OG.

If you were there to see when the "IA girls" wore short shorts, did booty dances, and hung with the boys at the big and small shows......you're probably an OG.

If you remember having shows from the ice rink to race tracks to AMS (when NOPI NATS was fun) AND everybody had a good time drinking and cutting up......you're probably an OG.

If you remember Team ECI dominance, X-rated antics, being scared of clowns, Team Fuct wild boys, Kat knocking some guy out, 3somes in the middle of parties, pink parties, Altezzas were cool, cotton in the wheel wells was cool, rescuing CRX's out of crazy EX's garages.......then you're definetly an OG.....

I remember those! Although wasn't invited to parties (when I first joined) just went anyway lol, my first show was HIN at the IA booth , and I remember the pink parties (I didn't go though), and of course altezzas lol
    THAT'S MY JAM!

~Val for President~
    ~RIP Leisa - You will be missed~

I was 7 years old.
    I know. Son.

Pffft, youngster....
    HEY! I said I drove my first "modded" car. Not my first car....aaahhhhhhh, lolol.

I was browsing through NOPI stores when the only thing they sold was VW parts. Later, QD.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post

I personally only think Julio and Paul and Pablo can tell you if you are OG are not.

and Pablo
    changed it a little
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

OGs remem when Godfather Customs was the shit (the old location).

Billy the Kid was THE paint king in South ATL.

Lowrider Mag was your mag for inspiration even if you didn't have hydros.

"The Truck Stop" in Griffin was one of the leading shops for all fab work for mini-trucking in ATL area.

Tweed EVERYTHING in the interior was the shit!

I was a member on Supraforums and SELOC way before I was on here. I'm not an OG, but I run this now. JK

Oh and our first big fight on IA was with Under Pressure, not SpeedMonkey. He gets no credit.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

FO SHO
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
    I was a member on Supraforums and SELOC way before I was on here. I'm not an OG, but I run this now. JK

Oh and our first big fight on IA was with Under Pressure, not SpeedMonkey. He gets no credit.
    i think the UP thing didnt really take off. The speedmonkey thing was epic. Wheres the videotape!
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Tweed EVERYTHING in the interior was the shit!
    I got to take it a bit further. Back in the 80s, we kept our vinyl door panels and treated them to drip effects. Outlined drips inside the door and painted them the same color as the outside to make it look like the paint had dripped in. Also, we did what was called "rocking the dash." There was a two-bottle set of paints that you would spray on your entire dash and it would give off a rocky type surface to it. Looked real cool back then. And finally, we used to paint shapes on our tail lights and all other lenses (except head lights - GTS smoked covers for those). Most people put directional arrows on their signals. On my tail lights, I got a pack of 1' sticker dots and placed them in rows and columns on my tail lamps and painted the entire housing. I took the stickers off, et voila, My entire tail lamp had a polka dot pattern. Lolol. Later, QD.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    i think the UP thing didnt really take off. The speedmonkey thing was epic. Wheres the videotape!
    Maybe it was just traumatic for me. It was the first time I experienced someone being so unreasonable IMO in the whole shop world.

I have someone sending me back all of my tapes from being digitized for TV reels. I should have them soon. I am going to get it up one day. It will be so worth the lulz.

Hey. Whatever happened to Pitbull. I always wondered that.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

I got to take it a bit further. Back in the 80s, we kept our vinyl door panels and treated them to drip effects. Outlined drips inside the door and painted them the same color as the outside to make it look like the paint had dripped in. Also, we did what was called "rocking the dash." There was a two-bottle set of paints that you would spray on your entire dash and it would give off a rocky type surface to it. Looked real cool back then. And finally, we used to paint shapes on our tail lights and all other lenses (except head lights - GTS smoked covers for those). Most people put directional arrows on their signals. On my tail lights, I got a pack of 1' sticker dots and placed them in rows and columns on my tail lamps and painted the entire housing. I took the stickers off, et voila, My entire tail lamp had a polka dot pattern. Lolol. Later, QD.
    ^^^ OG. LOL

BELOW: hmmmmm.... Baby J in 1996. And YES this is the same Honda w/ the h22 swap and n20 that dragged Seitsinger down the road (in addition to my juiced d16 ef). I put stock wheels up front for the runs and left the wires out back - LOL. I was one of the 1st on SuperHonda and AccordClub to do H series AND auto to manual conversion. 101 spoke 13x7in Daytons FTMFW!!

::

::

80s made LED taillights lol.

Damn this thread brings back the memories....

Jeffries
    NP meets
    Ice rink car show
    underbody neons were cool
    all the car clubs(i was in UC then wTn)
    collins' old teg
    Kat punching John at Pauls party
    The yellow and blue IA mobile
    Valentines day in the limo with Paul, Julio, Jamie, Atif, and Scott
    Under pressure(i still hang out with those guys)
    Hung Wei Lo

Lots 'O memories......
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

joined the first time in mid 03. then the server got hacked and then crashed.
    You know better; next time will be a ban.

anyone remember focused intentions?

Quote Originally Posted by §treet_§peed View Post
    joined the first time in mid 03. then the server got hacked and then crashed.
    so you were 16? OG not found.

You haven't told anyone that those are my boobs in your avatar right? Wouldn't want people going crazy or anything...I know how you get jealous

^^yep

remember car shows at the North Atlanta Trade Center and in front of Dave and Busters???

Or what about when we all played Whirly Ball??? For new years??

Jimmy B's for New years???
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    so you were 16? OG not found.
    did say i was, now did i.

Quote Originally Posted by D3UC3S View Post
    ^^yep

remember car shows at the North Atlanta Trade Center and in front of Dave and Busters???

Or what about when we all played Whirly Ball??? For new years??

Jimmy B's for New years???
    lol i actuall remember most of that more from when i was hanging out with my cousin when i was 15. she had a mostly stock 99 camaro z28. then when i got my first car. many of you will laugh but this is when it was cool to have neons everywhere, 17's, mid size spoiler, loud ass stereo, etc. it was a 1987 chevy nova. was a 4 door, resembled a corrola
    anyways, i used to hang out with Fatz, cuz, and cloud. if you knew about Focused intentions you know who im talking about. but when Fatz and Cuz left to make their own car club i went with them. i wish i could upload some pics i used to have of my car. it was at the first focused intentions car show. Got two trophies actually lol. One for show for older cars category and another for the sound off. I miss that car. It wasn't much considering now days most kids first cars are brand new or high performance cars. I worked and bought that car when i was 15 all on my own. Paid for every mod and done most of them on my own. Well what i knew how to do and/or could do.

I used to rag on FI. What a drama induced club that was. We also used to get a laugh out White Smoke. Later, QD.

i think the first time i met Julio was when i was like 14 at a small car show in ATL with my cousin when she took her Camaro but didn't know til later. truth be told i probably met a lot of you older cats way back when i just don't remember it. I didn't realize a good friend of my Ricky Ortiz new Julio forever until last year. But yea I've never said i was a OG, all i have said is i have been around for awhile and had some fun. Hell the first 3 nopies i went to i was only 13-16 and i was drinking mixed drinks with the police watching me mix them. I remember when the friday night line in front of Atlanta Motor Speedway was like a huge ass party and every one would share what they had with everyone. I remember walking down the line several times each year i went with a beer in one hand and a bottle of rum in the other. for letting people take small shots i would get like 2 or 3 beers from them. Hell one year i had a book bag and a jump suit on that got full of beer. It was pretty cool when you could walk around inside of the car show with a beer in one hand and a bottle of liqour in the other and the state patrol riding around inside full uniform in their cars with a beer would cheers to you as you walk by lol. God how i miss those days.

I used to rag on FI. What a drama induced club that was. We also used to get a laugh out White Smoke. Later, QD.
    No doubt about that shit. You remember this one girl named Samantha that almost the whole crew fucked? What a story that goes and comes with here.

LOL @ Nopi, I remember going to nopi when it was a vw only show.

You haven't told anyone that those are my boobs in your avatar right? Wouldn't want people going crazy or anything...I know how you get jealous

LOL @ whitesmoke

and wicked Onez

I remember when Bri was running around chasing her little bro and playing in the dirt with sticks and shit @ the Jimmy Carter Sonic...what the hell happened with that one?
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

I'm just refering to my stand point. Hell I miss there being a scene period around here.

Quote Originally Posted by D3UC3S View Post
    LOL @ whitesmoke

and wicked Onez

I remember when Bri was running around chasing her little bro and playing in the dirt with sticks and shit @ the Jimmy Carter Sonic...what the hell happened with that one?
    I remember when the scene up here used to be pretty packed out. Our little "strip" was bumper to bumper the whole way around. The whole Wicked Onez crew would ride through each parking lot hitting switches for all to see like we were supposed to bow down to them. that's another thing i liked about most car meets, groups, clubs. or shows. It was all about the love of the scene, family, friends, and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by §treet_§peed View Post
    I'm just refering to my stand point. Hell I miss there being a scene period around here.
    There hasnt been a good one here in several years.

It was definately different then for sure...every car club threw their own show and EVERYONE went. Summers were jammin back then and yes, neon was cool. I won my kit from the 02 Whothennow car show raffle when i was still in Unique Creations.
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

There hasnt been a good one here in several years.
    that's the fucking truth. I get a LOL out of some of the kids i see when i go out on the weekends around here. like right now i sold my civic and my bike. Bought a cheap ass beat up 3 toned 91 gmc sierra 1500. had to pay bills. i say three toned when it's actually more like 5 toned. blue, rust, primers, white paint, and brown paint, with a few black paint accents. its not the greatest thing in the world but it will do til i can afford better. but i get rev'd at and asked it i wanna race even still by some kids. another thing that irritates me is when kids or people by already modded or fully done cars/trucks and try to pass them off as if they have done all the work. or when mommy or dad has bought the car and/or done the mods.

How old are you? Later, QD.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast