Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Serious Question: Need Help, Please.

IA MEmber

...... kick that womans ASS!

MOST HATED

Sounds like you have a hell of a game plan.
    Get your car back, sell it, and be done with it asap.

Proud to be Retrosexual Jaimecbr900's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cav-E-R
    That's my only prob. I have no key, although I do have a tow service... Plus, I don't have any clue where the car is!!!
    The key is not an issue once you get the car back in your side of the fence, so don't worry too much about that.

The finding the car??? Well, that's why I suggested using Granny to flush it out. She obviously knows who has it. So if you get her riled up thinking that whomever that is may get arrested for driving a "stolen" car, she may just give in and tell you where it's at or better yet.....tell her that if she doesn't want her "friend" arrested that he/she can just drop off the car and keys off at HER house and you'll come get it. No harm, no foul. If she doesn't go for that, just tell her you'll have whoever is driving the car when they find it arrested for car theft.

IA MEmber

Hire a PI if you have the money. that could be cheaper than a Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimecbr900
    The key is not an issue once you get the car back in your side of the fence, so don't worry too much about that.

The finding the car??? Well, that's why I suggested using Granny to flush it out. She obviously knows who has it. So if you get her riled up thinking that whomever that is may get arrested for driving a "stolen" car, she may just give in and tell you where it's at or better yet.....tell her that if she doesn't want her "friend" arrested that he/she can just drop off the car and keys off at HER house and you'll come get it. No harm, no foul. If she doesn't go for that, just tell her you'll have whoever is driving the car when they find it arrested for car theft.
    That's my plan... Thanks!! If she wants to play hard ball, I'm game. I'm assuming she thinks I'm some young dumb kid and she can bully me again... I'm past that...
    :boobies: & = :idb:

btw, you have no verbal cantract with said grandmother if she gave the car to someone that is not on the loan

hope this all works out, i would have one of your lawyer friends call the grandmother, she could be found partially liable if she gave the car to someone else and a call from a lawyer could 'scare' her into doing the right thing if the car is not in possesion of you or your former bf
    00 GSR 13.33@114 (355/304), 92 LX 5.0(twin somethings), 02 MTI(TX) ZO7 427 (540/518)sold, bmw 318w/2jz(driftn), 93 Supra TT Hardtop, 04 ford excursion, 55 chevy cruiser

MabletonSpeedShop member

MCE Mafia supporting member
    honored to be MCE Dec'08 rotm
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RNQN9i4Be-kvette mtn run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjgbxbGyN5A poopra 1st 9sec 1/4

if you are on the contract/lease agreement, its yours.

PERIOD.

GO get the car back. Call the grandmother and say you want to pick the car up. If she gives you lip, hang up, go tothe house, and call the cops report it stolen.

Get the car back, turn it in, or sell it an profit.

/thread
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

life lesson for everyone.

NEVER co-sign sh*t unless you are 100% sure this person has the cash to pay it or not a deadbeat.

I did this once, looooong ago for a buddy who wanted a CC with hifi buys so he could get a stereo, he had a job, known him for a while, but then he lost his job and got his phone turned off and basically stopped making payments....after the first call from the creditors, I hunted him down and pretty much took him straight to the bank so he could get a loan through his bank and pay off the hifi buys account and be done with it.

Never again have I ever put my name in sh*t for anyone.

run a carfax, looks for last known area for emissions and ask the finance company who is making th payments writing the checks, maybe someone has an address
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. KiDD
    if you are on the contract/lease agreement, its yours.

PERIOD.

GO get the car back. Call the grandmother and say you want to pick the car up. If she gives you lip, hang up, go tothe house, and call the cops report it stolen.

Get the car back, turn it in, or sell it an profit.

/thread
    not a bad idea and the cops may get the grandmother to fess up to who she gave it to and then she would have a police report witht the grandmother involved to take to court or give to a lawyer
    00 GSR 13.33@114 (355/304), 92 LX 5.0(twin somethings), 02 MTI(TX) ZO7 427 (540/518)sold, bmw 318w/2jz(driftn), 93 Supra TT Hardtop, 04 ford excursion, 55 chevy cruiser

MabletonSpeedShop member

MCE Mafia supporting member
    honored to be MCE Dec'08 rotm
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RNQN9i4Be-kvette mtn run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjgbxbGyN5A poopra 1st 9sec 1/4

run a carfax, looks for last known area for emissions and ask the finance company who is making th payments writing the checks, maybe someone has an address
    How do I get a carfax? Also, emissions aren't required in Gainesville/Hall Co, I do know the car is in Hall County.

I will call the bank and see if I can find out who's making payments and get an addy.

Called the bank. Unfortunately, it's what I expected. The checks have been written out of the company account (the company his grandparents own) BLAH!

Tiff it really is a moot point.

The car is YOURS, the grandmother CANNOT HOLD IT FOR RANSOM.

I dont give a RATS ASS WHO SHE GAVE IT TO.

It would be like me loaning you my car, and then you saying its now yours.

As long as you signed NOTHING with the grandma, go to the grandmas house, call the cops, and say the car was stolen.

with any luck they will arrest HER.

I would say"i let a friend borrow my car and now she refuses to give it back to me".

She will HAVE TO GIVE UP THE LOCATION of the car to the cops.

CHA CHING ill be here all week
    -www.usedbarcode.net

i know what you are going through though i just broke up with my GF and shes being a raging ***** about paying me back the $2000 in deposits i laid down for our new apartment (that she now gets to live in)

Unfortunetly for her im evil, and always have an insurance policy
    -www.usedbarcode.net

LOL.. I know.. I know.. But I want to stick to my word and wait til 5.

Tiff call the insurance company that is listed for the vehicle, tell them that you are on the title and would like to know the address of the current policy holder. Being on the title they shouldn’t refuse the request and hopefully lead you to the car. If the address listed is the company writing the checks give me a call.

Tom

I can have a repo truck go to her house and demand unit. she wont want the embarrassment and disturbance of us sitting there. just let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickBrick
    Tiff call the insurance company that is listed for the vehicle, tell them that you are on the title and would like to know the address of the current policy holder. Being on the title they shouldn’t refuse the request and hopefully lead you to the car. If the address listed is the company writing the checks give me a call.

Tom
    Tom, I would LOVE to, but I don't know which insurance company insures the car, and according to Wachovia, there isn't a policy... I tried that.

Krissy - Lets do it!

Privateer Racing!!

Well what happens if the Ex is driving the car? Their is nothing you can do, since you ar both the owners! I would have never given them the car to begin with,unless they returned all your money!

But if her Ex has the car then it will be a civil matter, you cant take something away from another tited owner!!

I think your best bet is try to locate the car, and go take it!! And make him fight you in court, eighter way i see this becoming a civil matter, and thats what the police are going to end up saying, since their are 2 owners on the title and you are 2nd.

Privateer Racing!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuickBrick

Tom

Wrong! We cant not disclose no information, you must be a policy holder. They can get in real trouble by ithe insurance commissioner office, if they give you info.and not being listed on the policy!!

cav e r, if you know the owner's full name just post it up

let teh cybersleuths on IA do the dirty work and locate the car

IA.COM Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by B18c1Turboed
    Well what happens if the Ex is driving the car? Their is nothing you can do, since you ar both the owners! I would have never given them the car to begin with,unless they returned all your money!

But if her Ex has the car then it will be a civil matter, you cant take something away from another tited owner!!

I think your best bet is try to locate the car, and go take it!! And make him fight you in court, eighter way i see this becoming a civil matter, and thats what the police are going to end up saying, since their are 2 owners on the title and you are 2nd.

The only good advice given in this thread.

The only right you have is.. go and get the car.. and keep paying for it. you cant refi without your ex.

But your ex has it.. Nothing you can do... If your ex has it.. you can't repo it of him.. You will be in trouble even though you are on the tittle. So you have to be careful if you going to take the car though.. make sure is not your ex driving it. Why would you get in trouble, because you are the co signer... Youre the person who basically guaranteed the loan and responsible for it. If you cant pay as the co signer cars get rep'd by bank.

You are stuck.... even if you go get the car.. you can't do **** without the ex.. you cant sell it, you cant refinance it... only thing you can do is pay for it.

Yeah, you can go to civil court.. nothing will happen.. yeah, you can get a lawyer..nothing will happen... a contract is a contract..

ONly way out is to refinance it...and you are going to need your ex for that.
    You can def get the car though...

How I know.. I'm in similiar situation.... but I have the car.

Chalk it up as a lesson learned....

Long story short: Bought a car with the ex... Both of our names are on the car, I'm the co-signer. When we split, his GRANDMOTHER harrassed the **** out of me to give the car back (even though I made the payments AND put $4 G's into the damn thing as the down payment)

I got tired of the harrassment and dropped the car off. The next day, she gave it to someone else, they "took over the payments;" however, the car is still in MY name... (Keep in mind, his grandmother's name is NO WHERE on that car) They are always late, but never 30 days. I'm scared they are going to fucc up my credit and my car is about to go ku-put and can't get another loan because that car is still on my credit...

Also, I don't have insurance on it, the ex does. Should I call my insurance company to find out what I need to do?

What can I do? Can I report it stolen without having insurance?!
    I would contact the finance company and get taken off of the car immediately (if at all possible - I don't know how those things wk)! Sometimes, you just have to eat the money. I have a friend who shared a Best Buy card with a Boyfriend...when they broke up, she went to take him off of the card, but he had already purchased a 50inch name brand TV. She was contemplating fighting him on it, but since he is psycho and she wanted him out of her life for good, she decided to just pay it off to be done with it. it sucks, but eat the 4k, get your name off of the car, and go and finance a new one if you need another car. Hope you get through it!
    LaurenK a.k.a. Mrs. Nixon

Privateer Racing!!

Quote Originally Posted by LaurenK
    I would contact the finance company and get taken off of the car immediately (if at all possible - I don't know how those things wk)! Sometimes, you just have to eat the money. I have a friend who shared a Best Buy card with a Boyfriend...when they broke up, she went to take him off of the card, but he had already purchased a 50inch name brand TV. She was contemplating fighting him on it, but since he is psycho and she wanted him out of her life for good, she decided to just pay it off to be done with it. it sucks, but eat the 4k, get your name off of the car, and go and finance a new one if you need another car. Hope you get through it!

Getting taken off an Auto loan isn’t easy,. There is a reason he needed a co signer. Basically his credit sucked or he didn’t make the income. I’m sorry but when dating someone if eighter one of those are a problem. LEAVE THEN.

obviously 1 he don’t make any money or 2 he isn’t responsible to pay his stuff on time anyways!!

Never co-sign unless you married!!

And as far as Lauren , yes you could remove him if he was a Authorized User, but if that card was in his name also.. Good luck!!

The one and only Buddha buddha@TeamFX's Avatar

Tiff...I don't know if you've thought about it...But the grandma likes me...remember I might can talk to her and find out something. Plus I'm pretty sure I know who has the car and where they live.
    Year One R&D/New Product
    Budget Boy's Performance EST. 2005
    "We're bustin ours, to kick yours"

Contact an attorney.

They will probably try to help you get the car back or help you sue the ex for the down payment & any other money you put into the car. The finance company won't "take your name" off of the contract until it is financed through someone else. So if your ex leaves the car under his name, your name will always be on there as the co-s. And also, if the person they are "letting make payments" on the car defaults, it will mess up your ex's credit before it will mess up your credit. They will try to get the money out of him first before they try to get it out of you.

Good luck, but I would at least CONSULT with an attorney & explain the situation to find out what the best course of action to take will be..

Okay... pretty much, the cop I talked to was a dumbass... made a report and called me this morning to tell me that we can't play the stolen car game b/c technically the car isn't stolen.

I have to contact a civil attorney, which I have done. He is calling me back in a few minutes so I can schedule an appt. I will fill everyone in when I find out more.

Also, the ex doesn't have it. I know that for sure.

Chris, talk to her - see what you can find out... I don't dare step foot on that property, she'll shoot me!!! LOL!

Privateer Racing!!

I have to contact a civil attorney, !
    JUst like i stated yesterday, this will turn into a civil matter!!!

the hell its not stolen!

Call the grandma, say you want your car back, record it.

If she refuses, then call the cops and say "I WANT TO REPORT MY CAR STOLEN, I LET SOMEONE BORROW IT AND THEY WILL NOT GIVE IT BACK TO ME"

get car back

take pics of stupid granny

????

profit
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Privateer Racing!!

the hell its not stolen!

Call the grandma, say you want your car back, record it.

If she refuses, then call the cops and say "I WANT TO REPORT MY CAR STOLEN, I LET SOMEONE BORROW IT AND THEY WILL NOT GIVE IT BACK TO ME"

get car back

take pics of stupid granny

????

profit

How is it stolen, if her ex let the grandmother or the other person borrow it? Its still his car also. And he can let who ever he wants drive it. Its not stolen just becasue she doesnt know who has it, she should be talking to her EX not the grandmother!!

How is it stolen, if her ex let the grandmother or the other person borrow it? Its still his car also. And he can let who ever he wants drive it. Its not stolen just becasue she doesnt know who has it, she should be talking to her EX not the grandmother!!
    BUT I CAN'T GET AHOLD OF THE EX!!!

Privateer Racing!!

Ok what says he dont have the car? or let someone borrow it? Im sorry but all you can do is hire a lawyer and force him to return your money or the car.

its a suxy situation, only other option is you have to go take the car,from whoever has the car and make them fight you for it,but it will be in your possesion then! Thats what i would do.. I wouldnt contact them anymore i would just try to locate the car!!!

The Return of BUTTzilla PhatbacK's Avatar

tiff I say you just blow the damn thing up!! ooorrrr hire someone to steal it and drive it off a cliff or something!
    05 STi

Talk to Buddha@TeamFX? I mean, he offered? Right now you need to focus all your energy on Buddha for getting the info you need since he's in good with the family and will lead to the whereabouts of the ex and then the car. It's obvious Grandma is not going to budge, because your deadline was 5pm yesterday and she could give a crap.

My suggestion, CONTACT BUDDHA@TEAMFX get a plan together with him at this point.

Ok what says he dont have the car? or let someone borrow it? Im sorry but all you can do is hire a lawyer and force him to return your money or the car.

its a suxy situation, only other option is you have to go take the car,from whoever has the car and make them fight you for it,but it will be in your possesion then! Thats what i would do.. I wouldnt contact them anymore i would just try to locate the car!!!
    I know he doesn't have the car because his GRANDMOTHER gave the car to her neice along with my $9000 engagement ring. That's how I know.

I am awaiting the phone call from the attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatbacK
    tiff I say you just blow the damn thing up!! ooorrrr hire someone to steal it and drive it off a cliff or something!
    Kali, you crack me up and that'd be a brilliant plan, but my biggest issue is that I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S INSURED!! LMAO... I would hope and pray that it is, but that's why I need to take action sooner than later! The bank has no record of insurance after I took it off in February when I gave the car up and they will take the car if the insurance info isn't called in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AznTraitor
    Talk to Buddha@TeamFX? I mean, he offered? Right now you need to focus all your energy on Buddha for getting the info you need since he's in good with the family and will lead to the whereabouts of the ex and then the car. It's obvious Grandma is not going to budge, because your deadline was 5pm yesterday and she could give a crap.

My suggestion, CONTACT BUDDHA@TEAMFX get a plan together with him at this point.
    I talked to Chris (Buddha) last night.. he's my best friend.. he knows what's up and is working on it too. Thanks for all of your advice!

I know he doesn't have the car because his GRANDMOTHER gave the car to her neice along with my $9000 engagement ring. That's how I know.

I am awaiting the phone call from the attorney.

jesus....$9k ring? I surely hope it wasn't your money or credit that bought that ring.

Waiting on that attorney will not do much because it'll be held up in litagations with he said/she said, it can be delayed to the moon and back because one party can't make appearances....all while racking up legal fees...

edit in***
    BINGO, you are in business....the Niece has the car, so just need to find out where she is and where she works or what she does....and get Scrappy's company to go get it.

Quote Originally Posted by AznTraitor
    jesus....$9k ring? I surely hope it wasn't your money or credit that bought that ring.

Waiting on that attorney will not do much because it'll be held up in litagations with he said/she said, it can be delayed to the moon and back because one party can't make appearances....all while racking up legal fees...
    LOL... yes, it was beautiful.. here's a pic.. right at 2 cts... platinum and diamonds (with lil' footballs, lol!) No it was his grandmother's credit, lol!

I still can't do anything until I press charges in court and I am not going in without an attorney!

Sorry - the car and the ring... pics.. had to resize!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -car-jpg   -ring-jpg  
    Last edited by Cav-E-R; 09-25-2008 at 10:26 AM.

The Return of BUTTzilla PhatbacK's Avatar

[QUOTE=Cav-E-R]Kali, you crack me up and that'd be a brilliant plan, but my biggest issue is that I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S INSURED!! LMAO... I would hope and pray that it is, but that's why I need to take action sooner than later! The bank has no record of insurance after I took it off in February when I gave the car up and they will take the car if the insurance info isn't called in!!!

Ugh ****ty. why do ex's have to be an everlasting pain in the ass! its alllwaayyss something. hope you get it all figured out! god knows you want to avoid having to go to court and all that crap!
    05 STi

I still can't do anything until I press charges in court and I am not going in without an attorney!

Okay...first, what are you pressing charges for? Stolen Property? Theft by taking? those will not bide well since he is on the loan too.

After all that has been said and done, you really only need to get an attorney to represent you and draft a binding contract that is reasonable for you and the ex on how to handle the car, either selling it and split the money , or he and the grandma/niece re-fiance the car without your name...

so find where the niece has the car, get scrappy to go repo it and hold it at their lot, call grandma/niece/ex to meet at said attorney's office and have meeting and lay the plan out.

a reasonable attorney will only charge you $125 an hour which you can have the attorney draft up that they will pay half the charges since they made it come to this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast