Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Serious Question: Need Help, Please.

Quote Originally Posted by AznTraitor
    Okay...first, what are you pressing charges for? Stolen Property? Theft by taking? those will not bide well since he is on the loan too.

After all that has been said and done, you really only need to get an attorney to represent you and draft a binding contract that is reasonable for you and the ex on how to handle the car, either selling it and split the money , or he and the grandma/niece re-fiance the car without your name...

so find where the niece has the car, get scrappy to go repo it and hold it at their lot, call grandma/niece/ex to meet at said attorney's office and have meeting and lay the plan out.

a reasonable attorney will only charge you $125 an hour which you can have the attorney draft up that they will pay half the charges since they made it come to this.
    I'm not exactly sure what I need to do, that's why I'm waiting on him to call me back and tell me what I'm pressing charges for... (I'm really clueless when it comes to law stuff... I majored in psychology and journalism, lol!)
    :boobies: & = :idb:

Hey gurly.. Im sorry that your goin threw this.. I wish there was something i could do.. (cleans sniper rifle). But i know that the lawyer should help ya out with some things to do in order to get the car back. (pulls out ghillie) It may take time to get everything worked out (puts on BDU's) But in the mean time find out all ya can about where the cars at and get everything ready for civil court (jumps in truck and heads north)! I hope that ya get things worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by B18c1Turboed
    Ok what says he dont have the car? or let someone borrow it? Im sorry but all you can do is hire a lawyer and force him to return your money or the car.

its a suxy situation, only other option is you have to go take the car,from whoever has the car and make them fight you for it,but it will be in your possesion then! Thats what i would do.. I wouldnt contact them anymore i would just try to locate the car!!!
    i totally agree with you, but you can still make it a living hell for them.

you just have to play dumb. dont tell them the full story.

"I let someone borrow the car, not they cant locate it and they wont give it backl"

Then do as Azntraitor said, repo that ***** to an impound lot
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Privateer Racing!!

How much do you owe on the car? And if there is no insurance on it, you are screwed .WHy? becasue you will be liable if any accidents occurs.

Meaning you will be sued, go too tag office and they can tell you if the car has insurance on it. Since the state requies insurance to be downloaded to them.
    They cant see with what comapny,but they can see if it has insurance.

Something you can do, go too tag office and suspend the tag, and whoever gets pulled over will get arrested for driving with no registration. Go tell them the car is broken down and you would like too suspend the tag for the time being.And the car will get impound!

Quote Originally Posted by Cav-E-R
    I'm not exactly sure what I need to do, that's why I'm waiting on him to call me back and tell me what I'm pressing charges for... (I'm really clueless when it comes to law stuff... I majored in psychology and journalism, lol!)

Okay....I think you need to drop the pressing charges line...don't mention that to the attorney anymore.

Do you know this Attorney ie family/friend referal? or was it just someone you found on your own with no prior dealings before?

You need to tell them you need representation and a legal contract that is removing you from a co-signed loan between yourself and ex with a reasonable timetable and that the car will not be driven anymore until the matter is resolved. Don't worry about all the details and over loading the attorney, just get the straight points and facts across. You can then make this a civil case if they sign and break the contract or pass the timetable dates.

What you can bring to the table...
    1.)you have a company (Scrappy's) that will take the car and hold it until it is all dealt with
    2.)receipts of the downpayment you made, and first few payments
    3.)dates/times you have tried to make contact with ex with no action

have everything done at the attorney's office, ie meetings and contract signing.

Quote Originally Posted by AznTraitor
    Okay....I think you need to drop the pressing charges line...don't mention that to the attorney anymore.

Do you know this Attorney ie family/friend referal? or was it just someone you found on your own with no prior dealings before?

You need to tell them you need representation and a legal contract that is removing you from a co-signed loan between yourself and ex with a reasonable timetable and that the car will not be driven anymore until the matter is resolved. Don't worry about all the details and over loading the attorney, just get the straight points and facts across. You can then make this a civil case if they sign and break the contract or pass the timetable dates.

What you can bring to the table...
    1.)you have a company (Scrappy's) that will take the car and hold it until it is all dealt with
    2.)receipts of the downpayment you made, and first few payments
    3.)dates/times you have tried to make contact with ex with no action

have everything done at the attorney's office, ie meetings and contract signing.
    Right. Will do. Thx.

How much do you owe on the car? And if there is no insurance on it, you are screwed .WHy? becasue you will be liable if any accidents occurs.
    $15k - I am very familiar with the laws of owning a financed vehicle (this isn't my first rodeo!!!) and having FULL-COVERAGE insurance on the car.

Read 1st post, please.

Privateer Racing!!

Right. Will do. Thx.

$15k - I am very familiar with the laws of owning a financed vehicle (this isn't my first rodeo!!!) and having FULL-COVERAGE insurance on the car.

Read 1st post, please.

You are aware of the laws? But you gave the car back!! Doesnt make sense to me,but OK!!

just wondering.. um can he get on here and read this at all?? Cause i mean if he knows whats goin on it'll give them time to do whatever. and then you'll be on a level field which is what you dont really want seeing as he holds the car.

You are aware of the laws? But you gave the car back!! Doesnt make sense to me,but OK!!
    No no... I was bullied out of the car because at the time I was uninformed about the laws.. NOW, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper
    just wondering.. um can he get on here and read this at all?? Cause i mean if he knows whats goin on it'll give them time to do whatever. and then you'll be on a level field which is what you dont really want seeing as he holds the car.
    Nah... He doesn't use the comp. much.. (He's not that bright!)

Ok just checking..

IA.COM Founder.

A LAWYER CANT DO ****.. GO TO COURT ALL YOU WANT..... DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. THATS IF YOUR EX HAS THE CAR..... IM TELLING YOU.. DONT BELIEVE ME? GO AHEAD , GO TO COURT.. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.

IA.COM Founder.

You have a better chance at this :

1 - Go get the car..

2- Keep it for 2 month

3- Get insurance and make the car payment for 2 month aswell as the insurance.

4- Then throw the mofo into lake lanier

5- report it stolen

6 - hopefully you have Gap or are not upside down

7- Let insurance handle the claim

haha, I know is crazy.. but your only hope.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Julio
    You have a better chance at this :

1 - Go get the car..

2- Keep it for 2 month

3- Get insurance and make the car payment for 2 month aswell as the insurance.

4- Then throw the mofo into lake lanier

5- report it stolen

6 - hopefully you have Gap or are not upside down

7- Let insurance handle the claim

haha, I know is crazy.. but your only hope.. lol
    haha, I read your ummm, LARGE post -

THE EX DOESN'T HAVE THE F-ING CAR FOR THE 50TH TIME!!

Sorry, had to!!! I do have GAP and I've never been upside down in the car because I put so much down...

Interwebs terrorist Friggintitsman's Avatar

No no... I was bullied out of the car because at the time I was uninformed about the la[img]ws.. NOW, I know.

I thrive on caffineand HATE

Privateer Racing!!

Sorry, had to!!! I do have GAP and I've never been upside down in the car because I put so much down...

AND NEIGHTER DO YOU!

IA.COM Founder.

Neither do you... Im just saying your ex.. because you cant do NOthing without your ex.

Only thing you can do is go repo the car from the person who has it. BUT... BUT.. If its beeing payed on time, your ex can simply say he was making the payments and take back from you LEGALLY. Because he is the main guy in the contract.

Seriously.. You might as well.. hold on tight

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123