Thread: Experience...... what are your thoughts... how do you gain it?

Default Experience...... what are your thoughts... how do you gain it?

What do you guys consider a first hand experience???

If a friend broke his/her leg, and you were there to take him/her to the hospital.... wouldn't that be sharing the experience?
    maybe not sharing the pain from the experience... but still you were there when it happened... heard it break.... heard the scream.... saw the bone protruding.......

discuss...

... dang.. i gotta take lunch... be back in an hour...

Quote Originally Posted by Killer
    but still you were there when it happened... heard it break.... heard the scream.... saw the bone protruding.......
    Link to Vid?

First hand experience and First hand encounter is totally different things to me

Encounter is what you are saying above, experience is something I have to live with and go through myself.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis
    Encounter is what you are saying above, experience is something I have to live with and go through myself.
    Very true.

Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

First hand experience and First hand encounter is totally different things to me

yeah that sounds pretty good to me

pretty good point...

that being said, could you not accurately describe a first hand encounter near as well as the person that had the experience??

lets say, you watched a basketball game....(or any sports game.. for that matter) and you knew one of the players...

you have an outside look at the whole game.... BUT he/she brushes up against the other players... scores that last minute point....

you may not have felt the excitement/adrenaline he/she did... but you have an accurate story to tell watching from the sidelines right????

anymore thoughts?

pretty good point...

that being said, could you not accurately describe a first hand encounter near as well as the person that had the experience??

lets say, you watched a basketball game....(or any sports game.. for that matter) and you knew one of the players...

you have an outside look at the whole game.... BUT he/she brushes up against the other players... scores that last minute point....

you may not have felt the excitement/adrenaline he/she did... but you have an accurate story to tell watching from the sidelines right????

i think with sports its specially different. watching might get a little exciting and what not. but when im playing for real, im in the ****ing zone.

lmao

pretty good point...

I would say no. You don't have the same perspective nor are you experiencing the same thought process.
    IA Rules doesn't allow these images in sigs

- IA Mgmt

no interpretation or first hand account is more accurate than what THE ACTUAL PERSON experienced. if i was a dumbass and got in a wreck and you were a passenger, sure you "experienced" it first hand, and can say oh i know not to do such and such. but in the end i'm the one dealing with ALL the consequences (insurance, medical bills, wrecked car, etc) so my experience would be different than your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by shagwAg3n
    no interpretation or first hand account is more accurate than what THE ACTUAL PERSON experienced. if i was a dumbass and got in a wreck and you were a passenger, sure you "experienced" it first hand, and can say oh i know not to do such and such. but in the end i'm the one dealing with ALL the consequences (insurance, medical bills, wrecked car, etc) so my experience would be different than your experience.
    i think that's too different of a situation.... the passenger def had an experience....

just different than the owner of the car.... just because the passengers experience stops after he/she is home safely does not mean they didn't have an experience...

BUT what about that person on the street corner.... they EYE WITNESS... that person saw what both parties did and could give a pretty accurate description of what happened...

they may not be able to say, "well the sun was in driver a's eyes... while driver b had spilled their coffee and wasn't looking"

but they could say "driver A slowed down to a near stop when approaching an intersection with a green light... driver be rear ended driver A with out hitting the brakes..."

either way both the drivers, the passengers, and the witness have a different story... and i would say they all had some sort of experience.... just with different point of views...

What a boring thread!!!

I experienced nausea reading this thread.

precisely

100% Asshole FTW!!! JustinSane110™'s Avatar

pretty good point...

So are you basically trying to get us all to say it's ok for you to tell someone else's story about something that happened to them? I don't get where this is going exactly, lol.

But, I agree with Jorge.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane110™
    So are you basically trying to get us all to say it's ok for you to tell someone else's story about something that happened to them? I don't get where this is going exactly, lol.

But, I agree with Jorge.