Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: R.I.P. Ricardo (Rico) Dicks

Quote Originally Posted by sleepin240
    Got to see my boy after everyone had left and it didn't even look like him. it really bothered me, but his mother told me to be strong bc that is how rico would have wanted us to be. RIP RICO. "JUICY" im in the process of trying to buy his girls' Durango so she can take over the payments for the IS300. we will build it the way he wanted us to. Dan knows whats up.
    let me know if u need any help along the way
    07' Jeep Wrangler X
    GA Trail Riders

Damn i didn't know him but he sounds like a complete stand up guy and whoever did this better suffer for however many lifetimes they think they'll live. My prayers will go out to him and his family
    72 Datsun 510 goon SR
    83 Datsun Maxima RB
    80 Toyota Cressida 4M

-zen motors-

i wish this was just one of those times he would just up and disappear on us... he would say i'll be over in 20 minutes and then straight disappear for 3 days. no calls nothing. and then out of the blue.. bam he's at our door.. walks in like nothing happened... ha ha juicy.. lol and then u just forget about being pissed at him for dissing for 3 straight days.

seeing his casket was pretty hard to deal with.... i tried to stay strong but i just broke down with laura at my side. i thougth it was a really cute touch having the Lexus and Honda emblems on the casket... rico would have liked that alot.. too bad we couldn't put 19's and a body kit on it too.

well.. about to head out to see him go home for good... i'll miss you man... caleb will be fine... he's got alot of us around. we'll meet again. i promise.
    Last edited by GGPIS3; 02-14-2007 at 06:24 PM.

Wish I could have made it this morning. Work wouldn't let me off because he wasn't "immediate family"...b.s. God Bless you Rico, and your Family.

i did ok, just a few tears, until i saw his mom loose it at the end and i couldnt take it and went to tears
    07' Jeep Wrangler X
    GA Trail Riders

yes... it was cool seeing alot of people out there that i didnt think knew him. a mother should never have to bury her son. but things happen.. you can never be too careful you have to grow up and take precautions... this could have happened for the dumbest reasons. i know i've said it to all my friends on here.. but seriously... i dont want to lose any of you over some bullshit.. god bless.. i love you all.
    2 / 3 = 0.666

Unknown

Dan, I am a very, very, close cousin and friend (from South Carolina) of Ricardo's sister Tajuana and "Cardo"(Rico). Before he left Fairfax, SC and moved to Altanta, Ga our family called him "Cardo" (also short for Ricardo). So, I've known Rico since he was a little kid (5 or 6 years old)...he and Robin were cute as a button. His mother (who I call aunt Diane was like my second mother away from home) and his father Robert (who we call "Bazzle") has alawys taken my sister and me on all their family trips and vacations when Tajuana and I were in middle school and high school, so Tajuana, Ty, Rico and Robin are like my brothers and sisters. For some reason though, Rico always had this distinct personality about himself that none of aunt Diane's kids ever had. God has a plan for us all and for that reason, I know his plan for Cardo (Rico)was no mistake when he called on him Friday morning. I do hope the heartless, sick animal, (and all accomplices involved) that did this to our baby is sick right now..can't eat..sleep..or think is bought to justice...b/c someone knows something, including the people of the home!!!! Words of advice, you will reap what you sew!

-zen motors-

Quote Originally Posted by peachez
    Dan, I am a very, very, close cousin and friend (from South Carolina) of Ricardo's sister Tajuana and "Cardo"(Rico). Before he left Fairfax, SC and moved to Altanta, Ga our family called him "Cardo" (also short for Ricardo). So, I've known Rico since he was a little kid (5 or 6 years old)...he and Robin were cute as a button. His mother (who I call aunt Diane was like my second mother away from home) and his father Robert (who we call "Bazzle") has alawys taken my sister and me on all their family trips and vacations when Tajuana and I were in middle school and high school, so Tajuana, Ty, Rico and Robin are like my brothers and sisters. For some reason though, Rico always had this distinct personality about himself that none of aunt Diane's kids ever had. God has a plan for us all and for that reason, I know his plan for Cardo (Rico)was no mistake when he called on him Friday morning. I do hope the heartless, sick animal, (and all accomplices involved) that did this to our baby is sick right now..can't eat..sleep..or think is bought to justice...b/c someone knows something, including the people of the home!!!! Words of advice, you will reap what you sew!

i agree with you completely... someone knows something.. someone has to know something. the question is who and why the hell aren't they coming forward?

btw..whats your name? and you're right about Rico.. he most definitely had a distinct personality.. kinda like a light thats alway brightens a room.

Unknown

Default R.I.P....Rico

Quote Originally Posted by GGPIS3
    i agree with you completely... someone knows something.. someone has to know something. the question is who and why the hell aren't they coming forward?

btw..whats your name? and you're right about Rico.. he most definitely had a distinct personality.. kinda like a light thats alway brightens a room.

I'm his cousin Wanda and the reason no one has come forward is due to a guilty conscious, envy. I was at the house on Saturday and at the funeral on yesterday, so I'm sure we saw one another. It was such a blessing to see so many different nationalities that (Rico) inspired (blacks, whites, chinese, asian, korean, etc). Once again there was something special about him.
    Last edited by peachez; 02-16-2007 at 07:08 AM. Reason: misspelled

there was, just look at the number of people, the races of people (as mentioned) and the age of people there. There were people like me who were around that 19-21 range, people who graduated a few years before us around 24-25 and then u had people even older into 30's and 40's. He was a great person that u couldnt help but like after u got to know him.
    07' Jeep Wrangler X
    GA Trail Riders

-zen motors-

i wish i took the time to look around a little more.. i guess i was a bit out of it. not quite all there if you know what i mean. i remember seeing a large crowd... and then when i looked up again, most everyone had already started to walk away. i wanted to stay longer, but i know Rico wouldn't want me to freeze my ass off knowing how much he disliked the cold. i will go back on a warmer day and spend some time with him...

he was doing incredible for his age.... he had accomplished so much... more than what most twice his age have done. He had that special aura where everything he touched turned to gold. he touched many peoples lives and brought alot of happiness into the world. he will be remembered and loved till the end of time.

Quote Originally Posted by GGPIS3
    i wish i took the time to look around a little more.. i guess i was a bit out of it. not quite all there if you know what i mean. i remember seeing a large crowd... and then when i looked up again, most everyone had already started to walk away. i wanted to stay longer, but i know Rico wouldn't want me to freeze my ass off knowing how much he disliked the cold. i will go back on a warmer day and spend some time with him...
    i managed to look around a few times. im really tall (6'5" or 6'6") so i was up there enough to see and when they asked us all to step back a little is when i looked around. It still doesnt seem real to me... doesnt seem like it was him in there. having it closed took away from it some for me, made it easier to deal with i guess is that way to put it.
    07' Jeep Wrangler X
    GA Trail Riders

I saw "Little Rico" Caleb at work where his mom brought him , as I was walking by I call his name then go JUICY!! his eyes wide open, just follow me there for a minute!! in a way Rico still with us just except in peewee size ....

Unknown

Default R.I.P...Rico Dicks

Quote Originally Posted by 05Tib
    there was, just look at the number of people, the races of people (as mentioned) and the age of people there. There were people like me who were around that 19-21 range, people who graduated a few years before us around 24-25 and then u had people even older into 30's and 40's. He was a great person that u couldnt help but like after u got to know him.
    You are absolutely right about the different age groups as well. I am a close cousin and friend who is 30, and the impact Rico had and still has on us all is unbelievable! You all are alot younger than Tajuana (his sister) and I am and you have a lot to live for because death has no age group anymore! We all will do the silliest, stupidiest things in our lives between the ages of 17-22. With this being said, enjoy your lives to the fullest....move forward and don't look back b/c this is what Rico would want. My grandmother always told us to be very mindful of the company you keep...everyone whom we think are our friends doesn't mean us well. Just remember that Rico is free now...and until our time comes, we are the ones who will be living in pain. His work here is complete and I must say to RICO...JOB WELL DONE! So let's prepare ourselves to meet him again...for one day (could be tomorrow, next week, next month, in 6 months or next year), we will be doing this all over again. So let this be a lesson to us all because death is the absolute only thing we can't escape!

Also, please keep in touch with auntie Diane (his mother). If you knew Rico like you say you do, then you would want to keep in touch with her. They were very close and they both have the same traits...good looks, willingness to help anyone, loving and caring, etc..They have always been the most genuine people anyone could ever meet.

R.I.P...Ricardo ("Cardo") Dicks. The nickname"Rico" is cute but "Cardo" will always be my nickname for him.

Wanda

-zen motors-

hey Wanda...

i am also one of his older friends.. turning 31 next month. Even though Rico had a mind of his own and was doing pretty well, i still felt compelled to share whatever wisdom i could with him. he was a bit stubburn at times and hard to get through, but you just had to know how to argue/debate with him. He would try to find the weirdest examples that didn't prove anything lol. I always tried to help elevate him and provide support to his ideas of success and how to get there. we always talked about different business ideas and i would push his mind to think past the tree and to see the forest.

we had plans of starting our first business together... but never got around to putting it down on paper and moving forward. we were both in our own little worlds thinking we had all the time in the world. well.. for those of you reading this... CARPE DIEM! if you dont know what that means... GET OFF YOUR ASS AND SEIZE THE DAY! dont wait for tomorrow, cuz you dont know if tomorrow will be there. Live for today.

Quote Originally Posted by peachez
    You are absolutely right about the different age groups as well. I am a close cousin and friend who is 30, and the impact Rico had and still has on us all is unbelievable! You all are alot younger than Tajuana (his sister) and I am and you have a lot to live for because death has no age group anymore! We all will do the silliest, stupidiest things in our lives between the ages of 17-22. With this being said, enjoy your lives to the fullest....move forward and don't look back b/c this is what Rico would want. My grandmother always told us to be very mindful of the company you keep...everyone whom we think are our friends doesn't mean us well. Just remember that Rico is free now...and until our time comes, we are the ones who will be living in pain. His work here is complete and I must say to RICO...JOB WELL DONE! So let's prepare ourselves to meet him again...for one day (could be tomorrow, next week, next month, in 6 months or next year), we will be doing this all over again. So let this be a lesson to us all because death is the absolute only thing we can't escape!

Also, please keep in touch with auntie Diane (his mother). If you knew Rico like you say you do, then you would want to keep in touch with her. They were very close and they both have the same traits...good looks, willingness to help anyone, loving and caring, etc..They have always been the most genuine people anyone could ever meet.

R.I.P...Ricardo ("Cardo") Dicks. The nickname"Rico" is cute but "Cardo" will always be my nickname for him.

Wanda

-zen motors-

please come show your love and support for Rico and Caleb....

http://forums.importatlanta.com/show...6#post35475136

R.I.P. Ricardo Dicks sleepin240's Avatar

RICO LIVED A FAST PACED LIFE AND HE ACCOMPLISHED MANY THINGS IN LIFE. HE WOULD ALWAYS TALK ABOUT STARTING ALL KINDS OF BUSINESSES AND WAYS TO MAKE IT BIG. I KNOW HE WOULD HAVE BEEN A REAL SUCCESSFULL BUSINESS MAN AND FATHER TO CALEB. YALL ARE RIGHT BECAUSE HE DID HAVE A SOFT HEART FOR OTHERS. HE ALWAYS WOULD MAKE EVERYBODY FEEL BETTER WITH HIS CRAZY COMMENTS AND JOKES, JUICY... HOPEFULLY ALL THE THINGS HE BOUGHT LIKE HIS HOUSE, CARS, TOYS, AND EVERYTHING DOES NOT GET SOLD BECAUSE HE TRIED SO HARD TO ATTAIN THESE THINGS AND IT WOULD BE A WASTE TO JUST GIVE EM AWAY. I KNOW HE IS WATCHING OVER US RIGHT NOW AND LIVING IN A WAY BETTER WORLD THAN THIS SICK ONE. RIP RICO. WE LOVE YOU DAWG.
    R.I.P. Ricardo Dicks (RICO)

the funeral was great, many people showed up despite the bitter cold weather. just comes to show how many people were influenced by his life. rip brotha.

-zen motors-

Quote Originally Posted by sleepin240
    RICO LIVED A FAST PACED LIFE AND HE ACCOMPLISHED MANY THINGS IN LIFE. HE WOULD ALWAYS TALK ABOUT STARTING ALL KINDS OF BUSINESSES AND WAYS TO MAKE IT BIG. I KNOW HE WOULD HAVE BEEN A REAL SUCCESSFULL BUSINESS MAN AND FATHER TO CALEB. YALL ARE RIGHT BECAUSE HE DID HAVE A SOFT HEART FOR OTHERS. HE ALWAYS WOULD MAKE EVERYBODY FEEL BETTER WITH HIS CRAZY COMMENTS AND JOKES, JUICY... HOPEFULLY ALL THE THINGS HE BOUGHT LIKE HIS HOUSE, CARS, TOYS, AND EVERYTHING DOES NOT GET SOLD BECAUSE HE TRIED SO HARD TO ATTAIN THESE THINGS AND IT WOULD BE A WASTE TO JUST GIVE EM AWAY. I KNOW HE IS WATCHING OVER US RIGHT NOW AND LIVING IN A WAY BETTER WORLD THAN THIS SICK ONE. RIP RICO. WE LOVE YOU DAWG.

u best be at intercrew tonight...

-zen motors-

Quote Originally Posted by carbongs
    the funeral was great, many people showed up despite the bitter cold weather. just comes to show how many people were influenced by his life. rip brotha.

i dont know about any funerals being great... but there were people there from all walks of life.... rico was truly loved by many people. we'll be celebrating his life tonight at intercrew... come join us...

R.I.P. Ricardo Dicks sleepin240's Avatar

ill definitely be at intercrew tonight paying my respects to RICO.
    R.I.P. Ricardo Dicks (RICO)

carbon king

great guy. RIP Rico im going to smoke one for you.
    Last edited by legendman92; 02-19-2007 at 08:07 AM.
    95 M3,S50,JE 11:1,Arrow rods,BMP cams,Ferra valves & springs,P&P,28 lb inj,3.5MAF,CAI, AA tuned,racing dynamic headers,AA track pipe, uuc pullies, M5 clutch,BMP strut bar

Unknown

I found this thread earlier this evening while looking up the News article to show Caleb... You have no idea the size of the smile on both of our faces this evening, especially Caleb's. This is his first real glimpse at who his father was beyond stories from mommy and grandma. Thank you. #juicy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234