Thread: 350z Ls2 swap. Noob to v8s, need to touch base on this project before it gets started

Unknown

Exclamation 350z Ls2 swap. Noob to v8s, need to touch base on this project before it gets started

So this is what I'm working with.

Picked it up not to long ago. Not the first time I've worked with a VQ,
    however I'm liking the sound of a v8.
    Basically I'm looking into the Ls2 swap and need some insight on what exactly I'm getting myself into.
    Yes, I know I need a conversion kit, motor, transmission..I'm not an idiot. What I'm trying to do is
    pick up some knowledge on the tuning for everything, and what all I need to upgrade.
    Any advice, readings, really anything that will get me closer to my goal would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

You can get a truck 5.3 or a 6.0 and mod it and make the same power or more then a ls2. you can use the truck or camaro harness and pcm. But with modification making the harness like a stand alone and removing the pats system from the pcm. Also you can use a megasquirt set up. You will have issues getting the factory gauges to work, The gm tach signal is the same as a 4cyl. So the tach will be off on a factory 6cyl car like your 350z for example. Also depends on what accessories you want to keep a.c/ p/s. getting it to fit and run are the easy part.
    Hella stock member!

IA Member

The guys at sikky were a lot of help to me.