Thread: 240sx (sr20) speedmeter not working

KINGZOFSOUTHTOWN

Default 240sx (sr20) speedmeter not working

well i just swapped a sr20 in and it's not working, im missing a speed sensor does anyone know if the KA speed sensor will work? if not anyone know what speed sensor could work besides the jdm sr20? like the sr20 from the sentra? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
    -hmgdrfter-

PP TRACK 350Z

the ka will work.

Custom Tuning By Daniel Willie.
    Parts, Fabrication, Race Car Prep
    770-319-9605 or [email protected]

KINGZOFSOUTHTOWN

Quote Originally Posted by Batlground View Post
    the ka will work.
    i got the ka speed sensor, but i can't seem to find the speed sensor wire on the tranny any idea where it is? if it'snot there can i wire the wires from the speed sensor straight to somewhere so that the speedo will work?
    -hmgdrfter-

PP TRACK 350Z

KINGZOFSOUTHTOWN

Quote Originally Posted by HMGDRFTER View Post
    i got the ka speed sensor, but i can't seem to find the speed sensor wire on the tranny any idea where it is? if it'snot there can i wire the wires from the speed sensor straight to somewhere so that the speedo will work?
    ???
    -hmgdrfter-

PP TRACK 350Z

Unknown

The wiring is part of the wiring harness. In particular the part of the harness that also hooks up to the other sensors on the transmission. So you may just have it pinned somewhere you can't see it.

IA Member

Those wires should be Green and Green/White in the lower harness. They go to an 8-pin connector that connects to the body harness.