Thread: sr20de(t) rwd quad throttles

IA Member

Default sr20de(t) rwd quad throttles

Started a project and never finished it. Started with gti-r manifold, drilled flange to fit rwd head, chopped and flipped plenum, ordered top feed high impedence 720cc injectors.

I took the best measurement I could before I sold my sr car for clearance. I had custom mounts that lowered the engine slightly, sr was in a 97 kouki with CF hood, so I don't know if and what other models it will fit in and what mods it would take. I have a spare head still and can take measurements for prospective buyers.

From what I learned this system is pretty simple compared to a open plenum MAP car. the tps sensor is the same as a rwd, the aiv would still work but the cold start idle up would take some work. all the vacuum is pulled from each port and collected in a vaccum chamber so accessories still work. I have everything from a gti-r setup, some will not work after plenum mod, comes with top feed rail, never had stock injectors but do have 720's I can include.

$450 for manifold w/o injectors
    $800 with new 720's (high impedence so no resistors needed)

thats a FWD head, why'd you try to put it in a kouki? and FWD heads stiff go fine on the RWD sr? right? i mean, all oil galleries line up and what not...??i need a new head for my SR.

IA Member

thats a rwd head, the quads came off and AWD gti-r, I tried running it on a rwd to have fast throttle response and build boost quicker with better flow than stock and cheaper than a GReddy. I could swap a gti-r head but I'd lose the cam sensor and have to spend more on different ignition system.

I have quads for sale not a head.