1989 Nissan 240SX

Please go through this entire ad before contacting me. It will take $2,800 in cash for you to take this car home with you. I am firm on this price, so please do not waste my time or yours. I have a clean and clear Georgia title in my name, ready to go. I do not need help selling this car.

I have put this car up for sale a few times before, but have gotten cold feet and pulled it down. I have recently found a different car that I want, and I am now ready to part ways with mine.

Car:
1989 Nissan 240SX XE Coupe
216,XXX miles
Stock, single-cam 2.4L KA24E inline-four engine with full emissions delete (The car is emissions exempt in Georgia since it's greater than 25 years old. It did pass emissions a couple of years ago though, and I have the papers to prove it.)
Five-speed manual transmission
AC (converted to R134), heat, PS, manual doors and windows, no sunroof
Rare, original, seafoam green two-tone paint

I have had this car for about three years now and have been using as my daily driver. It has never let me down. I have a large stack of receipts with many different types of maintenance parts that have gone on the car to make it reliable. Off the top of my head, here are parts that I have replaced as well as other work that has been done: fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs and spark plug wires (NGK), distributor cap and rotor, motor mounts and transmission mount (polyurethane), water pump, timing kit, oil pump, one fuel injector, radiator cap, radiator hoses, all four brake calipers, pads, and rotors, all four tires, differential fluid, transmission fluid, regularly changed motor oil and filter, tension rod bushings (polyurethane), steering rack boots, outer tie rods, front lower control arms with new bushings and ball joints, alignment, starter, gaskets, hoses, etc.

I know every inch of this car and can give the complete rundown to anyone who comes to take a look at it.

It has sat in stop-and-go traffic on I-85 for multiple summers with the AC on full blast without overheating. It does burn a bit of oil, but I feel like that is to be expected from a 26-year-old car. It idles well and pulls all the way to redline without a hiccup. The clutch holds well and gives a lot of feedback. The transmission is in good shape, although second gear occasionally grinds during hard driving, but there are no popouts or anything. The shifter can feel a bit notchy, but I have three quarts of AMSOil GL-4 transmission fluid that will go with it; it's some of the best transmission fluid for these cars (currently has Redline MT-90 which isn't bad too). The interior is complete and in pretty good shape; I keep it clean. Has a nice headunit with auxiliary input so you can connect your phone and play music through the decent sound system. No rust anywhere except for in the battery tray.

Now, there are a few problems. First off, the car was in a fender bender a few years ago. I have since replaced all relevant body panels (front bumper, passenger-side headlight and fender, and hood) with straight replacements. The damage was inflicted right where the core support meets the fender rail and the area needs to be pulled up and out about two inches for everything to line up perfectly. The damage is purely cosmetic and the car still drives true. There is also a ding on the driver door. Please refer to the last three pictures to get a better idea of the body damage.

As for mechanical issues, the engine's lifters do make a bit of noise. This is a common problem on these single-cam engines. Sometimes the lifters will be mostly silent and sometimes they'll be noisy. Also, it has developed a starting issue ever since I installed the adjustable fuel pressure regulator. When I first start it cold, I have to give it a bit of throttle to get the engine running. After that though, the engine is completely fine. It'll idle normally and get up to operating temp. It seems to be a fuel-related issue, but I'm not completely sure since it has a new fuel pump and fuel pressure is within spec at 33 PSI with vacuum and 43PSI without. It runs well, it's just that starting seems to be an issue. The valve cover gasket is also starting to seep some oil. Also, the fuel level floater thing broke when I installed the fuel pump so the fuel gauge doesn't work any more; I just got by the trip meter. And the speedometer can act crazy at times, but sometimes it works fine so I think it's just a bad ground or something. The driver-side headlight motor stopped working. I've been told that if you clean the brushes of the motor is should work again.

Despite these issues, I'm still confident in the ability of this car to be a solid daily driver or a great project car if you want to do an engine swap. I have some extra parts and stuff to go with the car as well. The tires also have a Discount Tire's road hazard warranty thing. The car is 26 years old, and isn't perfect, but I still think it's better than a lot of 240s for sale today; it's actually clean and unmolested.

Call or text (4O4) 8O3-3O83 if you are a serious buyer. My name is Anthony. Thanks!