Thread: What would you do differently in this situation?

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Default What would you do differently in this situation?

TICKER: Man stabs girlfriend to death for lying about her HIV status | YNaija

A man confessed to stabbing his girlfriend to death because she did not tell him she was HIV positive before they had sex.
    ‘She killed me, so I killed her’, Larry Dunn Jr, 36, told officers in Dallas, Texas, after the body of Cicely Bolden, 28, was found by her two young children returning home from school.
    The 28-year-old was lying unclad from the waist down on her bedroom floor bleeding from two stab wounds in her neck. Ms Bolden and 36-year-old Dunn had recently started dating.
    He later told police that when she confessed to having the virus she then told him it was ‘not that bad’. He became upset and walked to the kitchen to get a knife which he used to kill her with, according to police.
    Neighbor Latoya Arnett, who called 911, told Kens5: ’All I know is, she didn’t deserve it and her kids didn’t deserve to see her like that.
    ‘She was a good mom. Loved her kids to death. I can’t imagine my kids seeing me like that. I know it hurt them.’

During a recorded interview he admitted the crime and revealed he burned his clothes afterwards and dumped the knife in the garbage at a waffle house.
    Police later recovered the weapon.

The father of Cicely’s son, Jeff Busby, told Fox that Bolden had contracted HIV within the last couple of years. He is currently looking after her son and daughter.
    Speaking about Dunn, who is being held on $50,000 bond, he said: ‘I hope he rots in prison. She did not deserve this.’ Ms Arnett said she went inside the apartment and found Cicely lying on the bedroom floor.
    Earlier that day, she claimed, she had seen Dunn arriving at the apartment. Stuffed teddy bear toys have been laid outside what’s now a boarded-up apartment in Highland Village Drive with candles lit in memory of Ms Bolden.

Bitch Deserved It

in a nice world, she deserved it...in a fukd up world, she definitely deserved it.

WHY TEH FUK YOU GONA TELL SOMEBODY AFTER THEY JUST FUKD YOU, OPPOSED TO PRIOR TO, TO LET THEM KNOW YOU HAVE AN STD?!?!? THAT'S FUKD UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

^^^ I think she can go to prison for that. She deserved it yes!!!!! But her kids didn't.

yea she could have gone to prison for that...didnt that guy who infected all those women when he knowingly had an STD go to jail? same difference, but she got what she deserved...think about it in the long run. she fuks dude, infects him and she never tells him..he goes to fuk another girl have a child by them and the child has an STD that he has to live w/ for the rest of his life, as a result of being treated like an outcast, he just so happens to meet up w/ one of this female's children and infect them...very unlikely to happen, but IJS, circle of life is vicious

You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

What the fuck am I hearing in this forum? She deserved it???

Fucking disgusting.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

yea she deserved it, i'm not mad she got killed. i'm not saying i woulda killed her, but i'm saying SHE deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post

Fucking disgusting.
    It's a tough one. You know you'd be pretty angry in that situation. I can rationalize with someone losing their head in that situation. Was she wrong? very... did she deserve to be stabbed to death, no. Would i want to stab her to death? yes.

knowing she had kids would have been the 1 thing that leveled me out. I probably would have told her, "the only reason you're not bleeding to death on the floor right now is because your kids need a mom, think about that the next time you put yourself in this situation, the next guy might not care as much as me"

It's a tough one. You know you'd be pretty angry in that situation. I can rationalize with someone losing their head in that situation. Was she wrong? very... did she deserve to be stabbed to death, no. Would i want to stab her to death? yes.

knowing she had kids would have been the 1 thing that leveled me out. I probably would have told her, "the only reason you're not bleeding to death on the floor right now is because your kids need a mom, think about that the next time you put yourself in this situation, the next guy might not care as much as me"
    obviously you were the guy before and the next guy didnt care as much as you lol

Not even remotely close to angry enough to stab someone in front of their children. Especially as far as we've come in modern medicine. I would hope he rots in jail, but sadly he's gonna get off on temporary insanity.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

And I can't believe y'all have absolved him of all responsibility in this! Was he not supposed to be wearing a rubber or what??

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Not even remotely close to angry enough to stab someone in front of their children. Especially as far as we've come in modern medicine. I would hope he rots in jail, but sadly he's gonna get off on temporary insanity.
    he didnt stab her in front of kids, sounds like they were at school or something. I'm not saying it's right, its very wrong.....

My point is, this is a crime you can understand. The batman shooter thing, my reaction was "wtf?why? why would someone do that? makes no sense"

with this one..... not so much of a mystery. I completely understand the anger..... if not the reaction.

And I can't believe y'all have absolved him of all responsibility in this! Was he not supposed to be wearing a rubber or what??
    of course he shoulda been strapped up, still same thing, even if he strapped up, she didnt tell him until after, still putting him at risk..even says on the packaging that condoms dont 100% keep you away from STDs...IJS, should shoulda let him know

he didnt stab her in front of kids, sounds like they were at school or something. I'm not saying it's right, its very wrong.....

My point is, this is a crime you can understand. The batman shooter thing, my reaction was "wtf?why? why would someone do that? makes no sense"

with this one..... not so much of a mystery. I completely understand the anger..... if not the reaction.
    EXXXXXXXXXXXXACTLY

So it's cool to stab someone if you're really really angry now?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

So it's cool to stab someone if you're really really angry now?
    No, but i can understand how this happened and relate to the anger that would have forced me to fall on my conscience to avoid making a regrettable decision. I relate to the feelings that led up to this guy making this mistake.

LOL no, but i'm not mad he did that...i mean if it was my sister, of course i'd be mad and say the same thing the family said, but as an outsider looking in, she got what she deserved for being only concerned about herself.

Geoffrey, quit playing devil's..or should i say angels advocate and join in on the acceptance of the death of a slack hoe

An eye for an eye, is why he did it. He states she killed me so I killed her. And can't say I disagree, but Im not sure if I would have had the balls to kill her.

hang a left, make a right and you're there

i would have pressed charges against her, or pursued some sort of legal action against her, imo i dont think it's worth loosing freedom over killing her, especially since she has kids, or what the heck, if she was hot i would have probably stayed with her since im pretty limited on the people i can date, i know a woman who had this same thing happen to her, she was not told until she started seeing simptoms of it, she stayed with the guy for a few years after that, and when they split up, they split up for different reasons, not because of the std

think of the freedom he has possibly lost if he has that STD now though....

hang a left, make a right and you're there

yeah, that's already established, but even with that, there are a bunch things you can do before you die outside of prison, rather than in prison, crazy things like turboing a honda civic

Honestly... I'm on the fence too. Yeah he's living half a life in jail, but you're still living half a life with a disease like that. I couldn't even imagine my reaction in that situation.

And even if he sued her, what would he get out if it? I'm sure she was broke trailer trash and probably wouldn't do significant time with the kids in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco Tirador View Post
    yeah, that's already established, but even with that, there are a bunch things you can do before you die outside of prison, rather than in prison, crazy things like turboing a honda civic
    oh yea i'd love to turbo a civic while i'm dealing w/ a STD

Quote Originally Posted by CRAMERIZKING View Post
    Honestly... I'm on the fence too. Yeah he's living half a life in jail, but you're still living half a life with a disease like that. I couldn't even imagine my reaction in that situation.

And even if he sued her, what would he get out if it? I'm sure she was broke trailer trash and probably wouldn't do significant time with the kids in mind.
    truth

Fucking disgusting.
    Vigilante justice is never OK. She should have been prosecuted for attempted murder like the statute reads.

Killing never excuses a killing.

We have laws for a reason
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

LOVES CONSTITUTION
    DISREGARDS WHEN VIGILANTE

LIKEABOSS
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Vigilante justice is never OK. She should have been prosecuted for attempted murder like the statute reads.

Killing never excuses a killing.

We have laws for a reason
    Lets start off by saying HIV/AIDS isn't as much of a death sentence as it used to be. Science is on the verge of a vaccine and is working feverently on symptom suppression. Some diagnosed with the disease live to be in their 80s.

Secondly, it takes TWO TO TANGO. He has almost as much responsibility contracting the virus as she did giving it to him by not wearing protection. The article also doesn't give specifics as to when she contracted the disease herself, and when she realized she had it herself. She could have contracted it a year ago, had sex with this guy 6 months ago, and not found out until yesterday. Meaning he would already be infected. Timing is critical.

Which brings me to 3. In order to be charged with criminal transmission of HIV in the US, which is only a misdemeanor in most states, you have to prove intent. If they had sex 6 months ago, and she only found out yesterday, there is zero proof of intent. Again, timing is critical.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_transmission_of_HIV#section_4

And how about the hypothetical? What if he stabs her to death, and next week they come out with a cure for "early-onset" HIV, which isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility?

So no, in all seriousness, I can't say that she deserved to be killed. Hyperbolically, there's a bunch of people I want to murder, like the guy that pulled out in front of me and proceeded to do 20 mph under the speed limit.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Lets start off by saying HIV/AIDS isn't as much of a death sentence as it used to be. Science is on the verge of a vaccine and is working feverently on symptom suppression. Some diagnosed with the disease live to be in their 80s.

Secondly, it takes TWO TO TANGO. He has almost as much responsibility contracting the virus as she did giving it to him by not wearing protection. The article also doesn't give specifics as to when she contracted the disease herself, and when she realized she had it herself. She could have contracted it a year ago, had sex with this guy 6 months ago, and not found out until yesterday. Meaning he would already be infected. Timing is critical.

Which brings me to 3. In order to be charged with criminal transmission of HIV in the US, which is only a misdemeanor in most states, you have to prove intent. If they had sex 6 months ago, and she only found out yesterday, there is zero proof of intent. Again, timing is critical.

Criminal transmission of HIV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And how about the hypothetical? What if he stabs her to death, and next week they come out with a cure for "early-onset" HIV, which isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility?

So no, in all seriousness, I can't say that she deserved to be killed. Hyperbolically, there's a bunch of people I want to murder, like the guy that pulled out in front of me and proceeded to do 20 mph under the speed limit.
    Somehow reading this explanation made me less angry about this theoretical situation. You make a good point sir.

I would be sooooo fucking angry, but I couldn't have stabbed her to death.......I might have have cut both her thumbs off. That would be a major inconvenience to her lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chadbee@Forged View Post
    I would be sooooo fucking angry, but I couldn't have stabbed her to death.......I might have have cut both her thumbs off. That would be a major inconvenience to her lol
    In today's world, cutting off a woman's texting thumbs would have been the same as death.

LMFAO

well at least no one will try to rape him in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    well at least no one will try to rape him in prison.
    And props to you for finding the 1 ray of optimism in this otherwise gruesome story.

fuk it...one less IGNORANT NONCARING HIV positive, possible AIDs person on the earth. people need to stop being selfish, period

Islander

I wonder if everyone is still sticking to their opinions based on these facts:

The girl he killed was his MISTRESS, meaning He was CHEATING on his wife and kids with HER.

this "CHEATER" decide to raw-dog this girl without wrapping up. Nevermind the Aids; how about other diseases like herpes n shit he could have given to his wife. And probably did, based on his poor judgment

Now. Did she still deserve to die? Whose fault is it anyway?
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

Islander

Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    fuk it...one less IGNORANT NONCARING HIV positive, possible AIDs person on the earth. people need to stop being selfish, period
    So he wasn't being selfish by rawdogging his mistess which he was cheating on his wife with? Hey as long as it feels good to him right? It be betta without da rubber, rite?
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

Quote Originally Posted by CRAMERIZKING View Post
    And props to you for finding the 1 ray of optimism in this otherwise gruesome story.
    What can I say, I'm an optimist.

Quote Originally Posted by ISAtlanta300 View Post
    So he wasn't being selfish by rawdogging his mistess which he was cheating on his wife with? Hey as long as it feels good to him right? It be betta without da rubber, rite?
    the woman still had no right not telling him before intercourse, period. i'm not sitting here condoning murder or adultery, i'm looking at this woman(subjective) NOT telling this man(subjective) that she's HIV positive, that's selfish, period.

Certified Gearhead

ask this guy what he tinks about what happened..

thats the homie....dashboard love