Thread: This whole Ferguson, MIssouri case.......

Islander

Default This whole Ferguson, MIssouri case.......

...can someonone explain to me exactly WHAT they are protesting? The case is being investigated and the officer who shot is on paid leave until the investigation is complete....sooo why are they on the streets? What do they want???
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

Quote Originally Posted by ISAtlanta300 View Post
    ...can someonone explain to me exactly WHAT they are protesting? The case is being investigated and the officer who shot is on paid leave until the investigation is complete....sooo why are they on the streets? What do they want???
    They want to loot and break things and steal, and otherwise engage in lawlessness with no real consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by ISAtlanta300 View Post
    I would guess the original protesters want justice for Michael Brown. As with a lot of protesters, some take advantage of the moment and loot and riot. Some of them may be doing it on purpose to make the entire protest look bad.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    I would guess the original protesters want justice for Michael Brown.
    I have my own ideas of what may have gone down, but what makes you so sure justice hasnt been done already? As far as I know we havent heard the officer's side of the story.

I have to say that the protesters have a legitimate cause in this case. The police have not been transparent, and there is certainly someone lying in this case - and the eyewitness accounts so far already give enough probable cause for an arrest of the officer. If it was anyone else, the shooter would be under arrest the same day.
    The feds agree and have taken over the investigation.
    The tactic of implementing a curfew is also questionable as the local police have repeatedly tried to muzzle the protesters.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

If what I think went down happens to be close to the truth, the cop is going away for murder. That doesn't change the fact that the rioters are only making a bad situation worse and further pushing the police onto the defensive. An arrest may calm things down, but since when do we arrest people simply to alleviate the masses? I do agree that an individual would be arrested on the spot, a cop will never be arrested until afterms an investigation.

Awwww... In a rare breach of character Obama is cutting short his vacation to give a shit.

Obama heading back to DC in rare vacation break - Yahoo News

About what I'm still not sure. But the messiah can't have the appearance of doing nothing. At least while on vacation. So he'll do nothing back at the White House.

Never mind the fact this "break" was pre-planned before any of this shit went down.

Islander

I would guess the original protesters want justice for Michael Brown..
    What kind of 'justice' do they want? Do they want the cop thrown in jail without due process? Do they want to judge and hang the cop themselves to a tree? Do they want the cop delivered to them so they can 'have their way' with him?

As stated, the FBI is investigating, the cop is on leave, and the case is being reviewed. Soooooo...why are they still on the streets?????

Islander

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    I do agree that an individual would be arrested on the spot, a cop will never be arrested until afterms an investigation.
    That is because a cop is usually authorized to use deadly force, and an investigation has to be concluded to verify that such force was justified. They have that power as 'protectors' of the law. A person who shoots another would only be arrested when the facts warrant further investigation. A homeowner who shoots a home invader seldom gets arrested if it is immediately determined that it was justified. Arrests are only made when there is some reasonable doubt.

You are missing that Brown was unarmed. The police are authorized to use deadly force only when there is serious risk of the accused to do so as well. The police are not authorized to use deadly force against an unarmed individual 30 feet away with his hand up. Shooting such an individual 6 times with two in the head doesn't sound like a fight for a gun was going on.

Islander

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    You are missing that Brown was unarmed. The police are authorized to use deadly force only when there is serious risk of the accused to do so as well. The police are not authorized to use deadly force against an unarmed individual 30 feet away with his hand up. Shooting such an individual 6 times with two in the head doesn't sound like a fight for a gun was going on.
    Yes, and there are a lot of unarmed individuals who were justifiably gunned down in all of the officer's right to do so. For example, if you just beat up your wife and a cop comes to investigate, and you yell "I have a gun! I'm going to kill you" and make a sudden move for your pockets, I can guarantee you that you will be shot and may be killed in the process, even if you were armed or not.

A cop can't discern if you have a weapon or not. "unarmed" can only be determined after the fact. It is not like the cop was walking down the streets and just randomly aiming at kids to kill. We don't know yet the details of the investigation and will have to wait for all the facts. Some say he was shot in the back, which was just dis proven by the autopsy. Some say he stopped and then charged back towards the cop (allegedly this statement was caught on video) and this would match the autopsy of him being shot from the front. Some say the gun went off in the car. Some say this, some say that. We don't know. You don't know. Did he have his hands up? Was he charging? Was he running away? All this would have to be determined. IF at the end it is still not clear, he will be arrested like Zimmerman and would have to prove his innocence.

Until then, those people have no business being on the streets, rioting and destroying the city. They can save that for later, if he is found innocent (sarcasm) . Until then, they should go home, shut up, and let the authorities do their work.

Islander

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    Also, I will bet you that a person who just clocked me in the face, went for my gun, ran away and then charged back at me is definitely not looking for a hug.....I believe the risk was there. This "kid" was 6 feet plus and close to 300lbs. Hardly a 'teen' you can just cuff on the hood of your car with satin gloves, don't you think?

You probably need to go look at the information that they are releasing. The way they are releasing it is also suspect. You won't see any video from the police as they do not have cameras. The first thing that they started to do is attack the testimony of the witnesses of the incident. It escalated from there.

The looters and rioters are another matter - we agree completely on that.

The officer should be innocent until proven guilty but there is no reason to give him special treatment.

And none of that has been proven either. I haven't seen police claim that he turned and charged back at the officer, either.

Edit: it just hit CNN as a claim by the officer. Question is, how far away was brown then when he started this charge? Even farther away?
    Last edited by David88vert; 08-18-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Regardless of the situation, there should still be some level of discretion when dealing with unarmed people. If you're a cop, and you can't handle yourself against someone who is unarmed and untrained, maybe the police force isn't for you.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Islander

Regardless of the situation, there should still be some level of discretion when dealing with unarmed people. If you're a cop, and you can't handle yourself against someone who is unarmed and untrained, maybe the police force isn't for you.
    Don't you think there should also be a level of discretion when dealing with an officer (police)? I.e. not hit them, go for their gun and/or bum rush them? Your statement is very broad and there are a lot of different scenarios that would shut down that argument.

You don't become a cop to street fight. The kid had many chances to do the right thing (allegedly), by complying. Yes sir. I'll move sir. Sorry sir. Even if you get arrested, better to take the shit and get a paycheck later if you're wrongfully arrested. But you just don't pick a fight.

Ironically, this reminds me A LOT of the Trayvon case. Again, the fight mentality and to 'flex' instead of comply. Had Trayvon just went home and stayed there he would have still been alive. He CHOSE to go back and confront Zimmerman. Had Brown complied and just gotten off the street and walked away on the sidewalk, he would have still been alive. He CHOSE to give lip to the officer which escalated into this mess. Unless you really believe that he said "ok officer sir, sorry I'll move" and the cop shot him for that?