Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NAME ONE THING OBAMA HAS DONE RIGHT... WITH FACTS AND STATISTICS.

Popcorn.gif

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    What part of this was NOT the fault of people buying homes they couldnt actually afford?

Some call it predatory lending, I call it stupid people not reading what they are signing.

I call it a bandaid for the simple fact that nothing was done to prevent it from happening again. ARMs are still out there even though interest rates are already rising. The govt is still pushing banks to write loans for people that wont pay them back, the Fannie and Freddie are buying them up. Until the govt steps in and prevent these types of loans (ARMs, interest only ect) and stops encouraging their use by backing them through the GSE's we are just asking for a fresh round of economic failure.
    I find it odd that I would even debate someone on the "good" that Obama has done lol. That being said, when is the last time you actually applied for a mortgage? I deny people on a daily...yes daily basis. The idea behind an ARM, Interest Only, ect...is not in itself a "bad idea" or "predatory" in any way. If i have a borrower looking to purchase a home but flip it in the next 2-5 years...why would he/she not want an ARM/Interest only loan? Let's call it what it really is...the 90's and 00's were an era of "free money". Sure the lobbyists pushed regulation changes...but EVERYBODY was on board. The people all wanted a piece of the "American Dream" and everybody else wanted a piece of the pie. There was money to be made...great deals of money. I hear the stories from loan officers all the time. They made a killing. The true problem was that they were giving away money...100% financing with 80/20 loans, stated income/assets, ect...Yeah the big banks screwed everyone...and better yet...after the bailout and after the "recovery" the banks still denied people the ability to refinance since there was no equity in the home...enter Obama and the HARP program. No matter which way you try to swing it...it was a good thing he did.

It is not a bandaid. If you are not currently selling mortgages or in the business...then you don't know what you are talking about. Underwriting guidelines are extremely strict and there are MANY in place that are there to avoid another bubble like the last one. I could write books about all the measures put into place to avoid it.
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

NOT A FUCKING THING!!! 2016 cannot get here any sooner.
    The Carbon Fibered R6

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    when is the last time you actually applied for a mortgage?
    Refied on my house 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    I deny people on a daily...yes daily basis. The idea behind an ARM, Interest Only, ect...is not in itself a "bad idea" or "predatory" in any way. If i have a borrower looking to purchase a home but flip it in the next 2-5 years...why would he/she not want an ARM/Interest only loan? Let's call it what it really is...the 90's and 00's were an era of "free money". Sure the lobbyists pushed regulation changes...but EVERYBODY was on board. The people all wanted a piece of the "American Dream" and everybody else wanted a piece of the pie. There was money to be made...great deals of money. I hear the stories from loan officers all the time. They made a killing. The true problem was that they were giving away money...100% financing with 80/20 loans, stated income/assets, ect...Yeah the big banks screwed everyone...and better yet...after the bailout and after the "recovery" the banks still denied people the ability to refinance since there was no equity in the home...enter Obama and the HARP program. No matter which way you try to swing it...it was a good thing he did.

It is not a bandaid. If you are not currently selling mortgages or in the business...then you don't know what you are talking about. Underwriting guidelines are extremely strict and there are MANY in place that are there to avoid another bubble like the last one. I could write books about all the measures put into place to avoid it.
    About 4 months ago I did a preapproval and was approved for 330k mortgage from BoA, a little less from Wells Fargo and USAA. Here's the thing though, there is no possible way I could actually pay a 330k mortgage on my measly 75k a year income and still afford things like food and electricity. If thats the idea of tight standards, I guess we should be lucky we got off as easy as we did with foreclosures because banks must have been bending over backwards to top the others approval amount. Maybe I could have gotten 1mil back then.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyF View Post
    Dumbest post in the thread didn't come from Sinfix this time. Fucking shocker.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyF View Post
    Careful what you wish for.... 2016 will be here soon and we'll have to listen to blank say if you dont vote for hillary its because youre a chauvinist

Obama did his "Mission Accomplished" speech today. Not that he'll ever to be held accountable.

7.1 million. Bwhaahhahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Obama did his "Mission Accomplished" speech today. Not that he'll ever to be held accountable.

7.1 million. Bwhaahhahahahahahaha
    Magic. Funny how they couldn't produce numbers for months and then suddenly as the deadline arrives they have up to the minute numbers.

How many of those people have A) actually paid for coverage and B) were previously uninsured, cause that's what 0care was all about right? Helping all those uninsured folk get covered? Oh, and by uninsured I mean actually uninsured not "let's count the people who's plan was cancelled because of 0care and then signed up as people who were uninsured."

I'm just pissed of I can't pay more or get dropped altogether because I have a pre-existing condition. Thanks Obama.

Let's vote Obama out in 2016 so we can repeal obummercare and I can pay more again. I'm just tired of having insurance.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    I'm just pissed of I can't pay more or get dropped altogether because I have a pre-existing condition. Thanks Obama.

Let's vote Obama out in 2016 so we can repeal obummercare and I can pay more again. I'm just tired of having insurance.
    All I know is, insurance is a civil right, not a privilege.

Also "can't pay more"... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL

I couldn't, yet still had to.

Give it a few more years, you'll catch up with me. I've been on Obamacare for four years

So much win in this single post I just dont know where to begin.

1. Insurance to cover a pre-existing condition isnt insurance, its sticking someone else with the bills.

2. Repeal Obamacare? Why bother? Just exempt everyone from it through executive order. No reason to bother Congress with something so trivial.

3. A lot of people really liked their insurance until Obamacare came around. 60y/o women with an hysterectomy really appreciate having access to prenatal care now though.

Lets be real though. Obamacare has several conditions that really needed to be addressed. The problem is that they pretty much ignore most of those points and instead center their arguments on lies. No one in their right mind (even you Blank) EVER thought Obamacare would reduce costs or even slow the rise in costs. How do I know this? because there is absolutely nothing in the bill that would do that.

Instead of focusing on the small details lets look at the big picture, the cost of health insurance to the consumer. I cant think of a single reason Obamacare would bring down the retail cost. I can think of 1 MAJOR reason for the cost of health care to rise though. Insurers want to see profits at a certain level. Because of the floor on the amount spent on actual health care, insurers will not be able to keep their present margins. To keep profits where they want with a smaller margin simply means raising the cost of doing business. For example, insurer currently profits 25% of your $200 premium, or $50. Now they have to lower that amount to 20% of your premium. What makes more sense for a business? Lowering their overall profits, or adjusting prices to get to their target profit? So, instead of paying $200 a month in premiums, insurers are making the exact same amount of money with the lower margin by simply jacking up the rates to $250 a month.

Refied on my house 2 years ago.

About 4 months ago I did a preapproval and was approved for 330k mortgage from BoA, a little less from Wells Fargo and USAA. Here's the thing though, there is no possible way I could actually pay a 330k mortgage on my measly 75k a year income and still afford things like food and electricity. If thats the idea of tight standards, I guess we should be lucky we got off as easy as we did with foreclosures because banks must have been bending over backwards to top the others approval amount. Maybe I could have gotten 1mil back then.
    There is no perfect way to make sure the borrowers will pay their mortgages. At some point in time, doesn't the consumer have some sort of responsibility? Underwriting standards allow 31% of gross income to be used as a total housing payment including Principle/Interest/Taxes/Insurance and mortgage insurance.In your case for example, you have $6250 a month of qualifying income, your total payment could not exceed $1937.50 a month. In addition to that, your total monthly debt obligations can not exceed 43% of your total income or $2687.50. That would leave you with $3562.50 left over for other things...of course that is gross income not net.If they had to go based off of net income minus all " living expenses" then no body in America would be a home owner except for the elite. The standards are tight enough ( especially with new QM and ATR regulations )to keep banks from writing bad loans. There is a nice middle ground for the availability of credit and responsible origination.
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

2 things patently wrong with your statement, and im sure you know this.

1) Premiums have risen, not fallen, this is not even a debate.

2) People who didnt have insurance, still dont, because they dont need to pay for it. Obama quoted 40 million without insurance, to date, 7 million have "SIGNED UP" which really means they made a login, it doesnt mean they PURCHASED insurance. The real numbers are estimated to be less than 3 million.

3/40 million covered, have continually not met their own imposed quotas, premiums rising.

Welcome to Obamacare. Everything it was designed to do, its not (its not controlling cost and its not increasing access)
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

So much win in this single post I just dont know where to begin.

1. Insurance to cover a pre-existing condition isnt insurance, its sticking someone else with the bills.

2. Repeal Obamacare? Why bother? Just exempt everyone from it through executive order. No reason to bother Congress with something so trivial.

3. A lot of people really liked their insurance until Obamacare came around. 60y/o women with an hysterectomy really appreciate having access to prenatal care now though.

Lets be real though. Obamacare has several conditions that really needed to be addressed. The problem is that they pretty much ignore most of those points and instead center their arguments on lies. No one in their right mind (even you Blank) EVER thought Obamacare would reduce costs or even slow the rise in costs. How do I know this? because there is absolutely nothing in the bill that would do that.

Instead of focusing on the small details lets look at the big picture, the cost of health insurance to the consumer. I cant think of a single reason Obamacare would bring down the retail cost. I can think of 1 MAJOR reason for the cost of health care to rise though. Insurers want to see profits at a certain level. Because of the floor on the amount spent on actual health care, insurers will not be able to keep their present margins. To keep profits where they want with a smaller margin simply means raising the cost of doing business. For example, insurer currently profits 25% of your $200 premium, or $50. Now they have to lower that amount to 20% of your premium. What makes more sense for a business? Lowering their overall profits, or adjusting prices to get to their target profit? So, instead of paying $200 a month in premiums, insurers are making the exact same amount of money with the lower margin by simply jacking up the rates to $250 a month.
    Ive said this for 5 years, healthcare i a FOR PROFIT system. Blank doesnt understand this, the left doesnt understand this, you are making sense, they dont understand that either.

NOPE PREMIUMS ARE FALLING
    Premiums rising faster than eight years before Obamacare | The Daily Caller
    49-State Analysis: Obamacare To Increase Individual-Market Premiums By Average Of 41% - Forbes

EVEN FUCKING SEBELIUS IS SAYING IT
    Premiums will rise in 2015, says Sebelius | TheHill
    Premiums will rise in 2015 under ObamaCare, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said on Wednesday.

“I think premiums are likely to go up, but go up at a smaller pace than what we’ve seen since 2010,” Sebelius said in response to a question from Rep. Erik Paulsen (R-Minn.).
    Blank never showed is so called "premiums are down" because its not true, or, hes getting a subsidy because he doesnt make enough money. People that are getting insurance because "they cant afford it" are getting it because of the subsidy which is a dirty word for OTHER PEOPLES TAX MONEY.

They havent solved anything, they have made it worse, the old system was FAR better. If you wanted insurance you got it, you went out and paid for it. and it was CHEAPER.

NOW, you MUST have insruance, it COSTS MORE, and if you cant afford it you get FINED if you dont purchase it
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Islander

there is no possible way I could actually pay a 330k mortgage on my measly 75k a year income and still afford things like food and electricity. .
    Then you're doing it wrong. I know someone that lives on $1800 in expenses (mortgage, food, bills etc), and makes barely $2500 a month. He is swinging it and will have his home paid off in 10 years (he did a 15 yr loan). His loan was for 160K btw.... and he makes a measly 30K a year...
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

Islander

Yes, instead let's just force the entire country to pay more for your pre-existing condition while slapping me with shit I don't need, like maternity and newborn care; mental health and substance use disorder services

Thanks, Obama!
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    2 things patently wrong with your statement, and im sure you know this.

1) Premiums have risen, not fallen, this is not even a debate.
    Has nothing to do with my statement, and may be true for some people. Not all cases are the same. You don't have to "debate it" if you don't want to. Lol

Welcome to Obamacare. Everything it was designed to do, its not (its not controlling cost and its not increasing access)
    Sounds like you, like a lot of others may be unclear on what ACA was designed to do. And it most assuredly has increased access. Thats undebatable.

Guess that makes 0 things patently wrong with my statement.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by ISAtlanta300 View Post
    Yes, instead let's just force the entire country to pay more for your pre-existing condition while slapping me with shit I don't need, like maternity and newborn care; mental health and substance use disorder services

Thanks, Obama!
    I hear ya man

We had a good thing going with all that free health care. Up until Obama, when someone came into an ER and couldn't afford the care the hospitals were federally mandated to provide to patients by my hero Pres Reagan, it was just miracled into being free. All the work and time the doctors put in to treating people? Free. All the test and diagnostics? No charge....Medications? Supply-side Jesus paid for it.

Does Obama think he is God or something???

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Has nothing to do with my statement, and may be true for some people. Not all cases are the same. You don't have to "debate it" if you don't want to. Lol
    This is just laughable, you act like if you surveyed 100 people and 1 person says "my premiums lowered" he becomes the poster child for dismissing all other 99 people. its just dumb. Its not even worth arguing.

The facts are pretty clear , i posted several articles, premiums are rising, not lowering. Obama specifcally promised premiums would lower. They arent. Not even close

Sounds like you, like a lot of others may be unclear on what ACA was designed to do. And it most assuredly has increased access. Thats undebatable.

Guess that makes 0 things patently wrong with my statement.
    Troll post

6 million cancellations=Increased access, only in a liberals world.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I hear ya man

We had a good thing going with all that free health care. Up until Obama, when someone came into an ER and couldn't afford the care the hospitals were federally mandated to provide to patients by my hero Pres Reagan, it was just miracled into being free. All the work and time the doctors put in to treating people? Free. All the test and diagnostics? No charge....Medications? Supply-side Jesus paid for it.

Does Obama think he is God or something???
    Whats changed?

People arent signing up for the ACA like Obama thought, because theres no benefit to do it.

If the ACA is so great, why does OBama keep delaying the mandates for coverage? WE NEED COVERAGE, then delays the mandate lol cant explain that.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    Magic. Funny how they couldn't produce numbers for months and then suddenly as the deadline arrives they have up to the minute numbers.

How many of those people have A) actually paid for coverage and B) were previously uninsured, cause that's what 0care was all about right? Helping all those uninsured folk get covered? Oh, and by uninsured I mean actually uninsured not "let's count the people who's plan was cancelled because of 0care and then signed up as people who were uninsured."
    Written by the OBAMA LOVING Washington Post
    Health policy experts said that the long-term significance of the high enrollment numbers for this first year of insurance will take time to clarify. “There is still a lot of haze around this,” said Jonathan Oberlander, a professor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill who studies health-care politics.

Oberlander and others noted that the number of people who have gotten coverage varies significantly by state. In addition, uncertainty lingers about how many people who have signed up have actually begun to pay for their new health plans, how many will continue to pay for them, and how many of the enrollees had no insurance before.
    RIGHT LEANING THE BLAZE
    As the White House and news headlines celebrate Obamacare “enrollment” hitting the 7 million mark, a secretive study from the RAND Corporation reportedly suggests as few as 858,000 previously insured Americans have actually paid for their new policies.

President Barack Obama announced an “enrollment” total of 7,041,000 on Tuesday during a press conference, heralding it as proof that the Affordable Care Act is successful and here to stay.

The White House has not provided answers to key questions about the numbers, including how many enrollees were previously insured, how many Americans have actually paid their first month’s premium or how many Americans have seen their costs increase.
    Then this
    White House says 7 MILLION Obamacare enrollments, but study shows 858,000 | Mail Online
    -www.usedbarcode.net

6 million cancellations=Increased access, only in a liberals world.
    Comparing "cancellations" to access. Only in a "conservatives" world. Fail post.
    Whats changed?

People arent signing up for the ACA like Obama thought, because theres no benefit to do it.

If the ACA is so great, why does OBama keep delaying the mandates for coverage? WE NEED COVERAGE, then delays the mandate lol cant explain that.
    Tide comes in, tide goes out, can't explain that lol.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix
    Dumbfuck
    Hey everyone! Sinfix just called me a Dumbfuck and is slowly chipping away at my reputation points! Look how smart he is!

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

That was a serious hit to my Internet bravado though.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Hey everyone! Sinfix just called me a Dumbfuck and is slowly chipping away at my reputation points! Look how smart he is!

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    I neg you when you deserve to be negged. Its not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    I neg you when you deserve to be negged. Its not rocket science.
    You're a real hero. A patriot bro if you will.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You're a real hero. A patriot bro if you will.
    Are we having a moment? We should bro hug or something.

So cancelations= more access now lolol
    -www.usedbarcode.net

So cancelations= more access now lolol
    You're still comparing cancellations to access

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Let's pretend Blank's house burned to the ground, thankfully no one was hurt. First Blank called the Obama for a bail-out, but Obama was too busy playing golf to take the call. So Blank dials up Allstate insurance...

"Thank you for calling Allstate Insurance where you are always in good hands"

Blank responds "I need to get fire insurance for my house, it just burned down."

"It... it... it has all ready burned down sir, Did I hear you right?" Customer service asks

"That is correct, why else would I be calling?" Blank says indignantly.

"We can't insure you for damages that have already happened" she timidly says.

"Why not" Blank asks "it's not fair to deny coverage for a preexisting condition".

"Sir" she replies, her voice a little firmer after the realization she's not talking to a rational person "I'm not sure you understand how insurance works"...

You're still comparing cancellations to access
    6 million policies cancelled because of ACA , how does that equate to people having MORE ACCESS?

Less people have insurance= more people have insurance? Is that what you are arguing?

EVEN if we took all the "7.1 million signups" which NO ONE believes is even close to being true, you would be 1.1 million + in new customers who are without a doubt, now paying MORE for insurance.

Problem is, its not 7.1 million, its more like 1 million.

The law has had a negative effect
    -www.usedbarcode.net

If people have more access, then why is Obama delaying the mandates? why is he hiring LBJ and Magic to push the ACA if its so much better, why arent people RUNNING to sign up?
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Before Obamacare... 43 million uninsured.

After Obamacare... 47 million uninsured.

Let's assume the 7.1 million number is even correct, IT'S THE LAW. YOU HAVE TO HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE... AND STILL ONLY 7.1 SIGNED UP. SUCCESS BRO! ONLY LESS THAN 50-SOMETHING MILLION TO GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Let's pretend Blank's house burned to the ground, thankfully no one was hurt. First Blank called the Obama for a bail-out, but Obama was too busy playing golf to take the call. So Blank dials up Allstate insurance...

"Thank you for calling Allstate Insurance where you are always in good hands"

Blank responds "I need to get fire insurance for my house, it just burned down."

"It... it... it has all ready burned down sir, Did I hear you right?" Customer service asks

"That is correct, why else would I be calling?" Blank says indignantly.

"We can't insure you for damages that have already happened" she timidly says.

"Why not" Blank asks "it's not fair to deny coverage for a preexisting condition".

"Sir" she replies, her voice a little firmer after the realization she's not talking to a rational person "I'm not sure you understand how insurance works"...
    I feel like you don't understand how analogies work.

A person getting insured with a pre-existing condition would be like buying insurance for a house that's in the middle of a flood plain. Your analogy is like buying health insurance after the user is already dead. Death is not a pre-existing condition.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

6 million policies cancelled because...
    Because they were not compliant with new ACA guidelines. Some of whom were automatically enrolled in compliant plans. Let's keep it honest, shall we.

Less people have insurance= more people have insurance? Is that what you are arguing?
    More people can get insurance. That's what access means.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Why is he hiring LBJ and Magic to push the ACA
    Awareness.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

More people can get insurance. That's what access means.
    People have always been able to get insurance.

If you took away 6 million peoples cars because for some reason they didn't meet some new arbitrary gov't standard and then set up a gov't website to help them buy a new more expensive car with features they don't want do they now have more access to transportation than before?

Awareness.
    4 years or nearly constant headlines and people still don't know about it? Do we really want to extend the lives of those people?

As to your point on access, show me where this increased access is documented. They may have this fancy new medicaid policy, but can they find a doctor to see them? I've seen stories from across the country of people with medicaid policies not being able to find a local doctor that would accept new patients.
    Why is it so hard to find a doctor? - Magazine - The Boston Globe

There is 1 article that points out many of the problems that were made worse by ACA, not better. Let's see if you can find the flaw with one of the proposed fixes.

4 years or nearly constant headlines and people still don't know about it? Do we really want to extend the lives of those people?

As to your point on access, show me where this increased access is documented. They may have this fancy new medicaid policy, but can they find a doctor to see them? I've seen stories from across the country of people with medicaid policies not being able to find a local doctor that would accept new patients.
    Why is it so hard to find a doctor? - Magazine - The Boston Globe

There is 1 article that points out many of the problems that were made worse by ACA, not better. Let's see if you can find the flaw with one of the proposed fixes.
    My disabled mom's previous doctor stopped taking medicaid and told her cash only. He wouldnt even refill her perscription. Now she cant find a dr who will take new patients and hasnt been able to get RA medicine for going on 2 months now. On the days when she cant walk, she has to go to the ER for care.

The funny thing about health insurance is that it doesnt cure anything.... you need a dr for that. Good luck if youre on medicaid

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast