Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NAME ONE THING OBAMA HAS DONE RIGHT... WITH FACTS AND STATISTICS.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    Exactly how are you trying to claim that the 17 SEALs that died on that helicopter are the same ones that took out bin Laden? I hate to break it to you, but you are jumping to conclusions that have no foundation in fact.

You still haven't answered as to who would be a credible sources. Apparently, no one actually involved from either side is considered a credible source to you, so there is no way that you would ever accept the truth.
    What "truth" am i not accepting?

I'm saying questions are unanswered and the whole truth is not known.

What detail have i commented on that you believe is not a fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Pretty insensative to mock the families of fallen soldiers.

I ask the same questions they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    What "truth" am i not accepting?

I'm saying questions are unanswered and the whole truth is not known.

What detail have i commented on that you believe is not a fact?
    You refuse to accept that Obama gave the order to the team that killed bin Laden by denying that they killed him. You have absolutely no factual basis to claim that both enemies (both who happen to agree that the SEALs killed bin Laden) are liars. You refuse to accept the statements of people based upon their position of work, their religious beliefs, etc, just because it does not fit your contrived narrative.

You can't say that the truth isn't the truth just because you have questions that you can't answer and you don't know the whole truth.

Since the only link that you have posted at all on anything here was Dollard's site, and then it did not address the original points that I made, what makes you think that he has more accurate information than the soldiers that were there, or bin Laden's own followers? What access to "truth" does he have that the people actually involved in the operation do not?
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

You refuse to accept that Obama gave the order to the team that killed bin Laden by denying that they killed him. You have absolutely no factual basis to claim that both enemies (both who happen to agree that the SEALs killed bin Laden) are liars. You refuse to accept the statements of people based upon their position of work, their religious beliefs, etc, just because it does not fit your contrived narrative.

You can't say that the truth isn't the truth just because you have questions that you can't answer and you don't know the whole truth.

Since the only link that you have posted at all on anything here was Dollard's site, and then it did not address the original points that I made, what makes you think that he has more accurate information than the soldiers that were there, or bin Laden's own followers? What access to "truth" does he have that the people actually involved in the operation do not?
    I did not deny that OBL is dead or who killed him.

I asked a question that i felt you would have difficulty answering.

I dont deny bin laden is dead or that a seal killed him. Not because of any undisputable evidence, mostly just a gut feeling.

I say again........

I question the deal we made to locate him and the events that followed, including the blackout, burial, and seal ambush.

Im only asking questions, not drawing conclusions.

Pretty insensative to mock the families of fallen soldiers.

I ask the same questions they do.
    lol hes dead man. Somehow i doubt you are offended. youre not exactly MR Sensitivity.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I question the deal we made to locate him
    What deal

including the blackout, burial, and seal ambush.
    Sources

Im only asking questions, not drawing conclusions.
    Seems like you have already drawn conclusions.

Numerous GOP people said "Ive seen the death photos, there is no doubt OBL is dead". Why would GOP LIE in the middle of a major election>?
    -www.usedbarcode.net

lol hes dead man. Somehow i doubt you are offended. youre not exactly MR Sensitivity.
    I should change my name to Mr Sensitivity.

Im not denying that hes dead. Just noting that something smells foul.

"Obama Murdered My Son": SEAL Team 6 Father Speaks Out | Obama

Site is suspect, and crazy people gonna crazy.

Lots of govt conspiracies out there, lots of Alex Jones inflammatory shit, stuff i dont pay attention to.

I am pretty confident that if Saxby Chambliss, other ranking GOP members on the SIC and other high ranking Democrats say they saw classified information that is of national security, that proves OBL is dead, I believe them. They have nothing to gain helping each other.

If they released the photos people would claim it was fake, just like Obamas BC. He doesnt release it, people claim its fake and he doesnt have one, he releases it , and its FAKE! IT ISNT THE LONG FORM SO IT ISNT REAL!

We also operate with a little more ............class that the enemy. We got our guy, we killed him, we took no prisoners, and we showed we were better than the opposition. We dont cut peoples heads off and drag them through the street and pull their limbs off and tie them to a car bumper. We killed one of the most EVIL people to roam this earth, and still buried him in his religious customs ways.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Just to address the ORIGINAL topic a little more.... Obama has:

Ended the War in Iraq: He ordered all U.S. military forces out of the country. The last troops left on December 18, 2011.

Repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”: He ended the restriction and formalized new policy allowing gays and lesbians to serve openly in the military for the first time.

Raised Fuel Efficiency Standards: His administration released new fuel efficiency standards in 2011 that will nearly double the fuel economy for cars and trucks by 2025.

And if you care about our veterans:
    He increased support for Veterans. With so many soldiers coming home from Iraq and Iran with serious physical and mental health problems, yet facing long waits for services, he worked with Congress to increase the 2010 Department of Veterans Affairs budget by 16 percent and 2011 budget by 10 percent. He also signed a new GI bill offering $78 billion in tuition assistance over a decade, and provided multiple tax credits to encourage businesses to hire veterans.

I think that we can agree that he has done at least one thing.

Site is suspect, and crazy people gonna crazy.

Lots of govt conspiracies out there, lots of Alex Jones inflammatory shit, stuff i dont pay attention to.

I am pretty confident that if Saxby Chambliss, other ranking GOP members on the SIC and other high ranking Democrats say they saw classified information that is of national security, that proves OBL is dead, I believe them. They have nothing to gain helping each other.

If they released the photos people would claim it was fake, just like Obamas BC. He doesnt release it, people claim its fake and he doesnt have one, he releases it , and its FAKE! IT ISNT THE LONG FORM SO IT ISNT REAL!

We also operate with a little more ............class that the enemy. We got our guy, we killed him, we took no prisoners, and we showed we were better than the opposition. We dont cut peoples heads off and drag them through the street and pull their limbs off and tie them to a car bumper. We killed one of the most EVIL people to roam this earth, and still buried him in his religious customs ways.

OBL is living in Rio with Elvis......

/sarcasm

OBL is living in Rio with Elvis......

/sarcasm
    Tired of repeating myself. You seem fixated on putting words in my mouth.

How many troops died in the war vs Obama's "ending" of the war?

Asking for a friend

Asking for a friend
    dont be ambiguous. Im not really sure myself.

I dont think he has done anything of real value personally
    -www.usedbarcode.net

dont be ambiguous. Im not really sure myself.

I dont think he has done anything of real value personally

This might as well be Alex Jones site. Al Qaeda has more legitimacy than him and this site combined.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that this isnt legitimate.

While I was there in Dec. 03 2 soldiers from 10th Mountain Div. were killed. I remember because it was the first time I went to FOB Salerno, they were killed in an RPG attack a few days before Xmas.

Tired of repeating myself. You seem fixated on putting words in my mouth.

Actually, that one was just some humor - I don't really think that you believe that OBL is alive still. You have been consistent on that statement.

What about Iraq? because most of the deaths were in Iraq, not Afghanistan. This makes sense because bush wanted to clean out Iraq first.

Obama did the opposite
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Are you aware that Iraq and Afghanistan are NOT the same country?

I posted that he ended the war in Irag, and you answered with data on Afghanistan troop fatalities after quoting the word "ending"?

Fact: A total of 4,486 U.S. soldiers were killed in Iraq between 2003 and 2012.

Fact: As of February 28, 2014, there have been 2,175 U.S. military deaths in the war in Afghanistan and additional 132 fatalities in the broader Operation Enduring Freedom outside Afghanistan. 1,795 of these deaths inside Afghanistan have been the result of hostile action. In addition there are 1,173 U.S. civilian contractor fatalities.

Stocks closed at $40 in that article.

Forbes claimed the stock needed to rise to $53/share to break even. That's a $13 loss per share. And the $26B I was referring to was the money that went straight to the UAW that was never repaid to the tax payer. That's where a large chunk of that 9.7% shareholder stake mentioned in the last line is about since that was part of the deal.

Killing off Pontiac was another requirement...but you didn't hear about the jobs lost from that, did ya?
    -91 240SX -- CA18 Power...SOLD, now terrorizing the streets of Alabama

And if you care about our veterans:
    He increased support for Veterans. With so many soldiers coming home from Iraq and Iran with serious physical and mental health problems, yet facing long waits for services, he worked with Congress to increase the 2010 Department of Veterans Affairs budget by 16 percent and 2011 budget by 10 percent. He also signed a new GI bill offering $78 billion in tuition assistance over a decade, and provided multiple tax credits to encourage businesses to hire veterans.

I think that we can agree that he has done at least one thing.
    Increasing the budget and removing bureaucracy are two completely different things. Getting anything done with the VA is an absolute nightmare, and that Department is constantly riddled with scandals, fraud, waste, and abuse of taxpayer funds.

In other words, piss poor example to refer to.

Quote Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post
    Stocks closed at $40 in that article.

Forbes claimed the stock needed to rise to $53/share to break even. That's a $13 loss per share. And the $26B I was referring to was the money that went straight to the UAW that was never repaid to the tax payer. That's where a large chunk of that 9.7% shareholder stake mentioned in the last line is about since that was part of the deal.

Killing off Pontiac was another requirement...but you didn't hear about the jobs lost from that, did ya?
    Overall, the US government did loose a little over $10B of taxpayer money on the bailout of GM. The argument is that over $100B of value would have been lost if GM went under.
    Personally, I was against the bailout at the time.

Increasing the budget and removing bureaucracy are two completely different things. Getting anything done with the VA is an absolute nightmare, and that Department is constantly riddled with scandals, fraud, waste, and abuse of taxpayer funds.

In other words, piss poor example to refer to.
    I agree on almost all of that, except that the original question was looking for one thing that he as done - it didn't say it had to be 100% perfect. I have a friend who came home from Iraq, couldn't find a job to support his family, and the US paid for him to go to school on the GI Bill. He now has a job, supports his family, and pays his taxes. Would you say that increasing funding for him was a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    While I was there in Dec. 03 2 soldiers from 10th Mountain Div. were killed. I remember because it was the first time I went to FOB Salerno, they were killed in an RPG attack a few days before Xmas.
    The official US Armed Forces records show only one death in December of 2003, in regards to Operation Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan conflict). The death was not combat-related and did not even happen in Afghanistan.
    Army Sgt. Theodore L. Perreault

Army Sgt. Theodore L. Perreault of Webster, Mass.; assigned to 1st Battalion, 181st Infantry Regiment, Massachusetts National Guard (attached to Joint Task Force Gitmo), Worcester, Mass.; died of a non-combat-related cause on Dec. 23, 2003, at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

The 10th Mountain division has a list of all of their fatalities here:
    Fort Drum - Fallen Warriors

There were 40 deaths in Dec 2003 related to Operation Iraqi Freedom.

More documents on Military Deaths:
    404 - File or directory not found.
    http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/R41084.pdf

I agree on almost all of that, except that the original question was looking for one thing that he as done - it didn't say it had to be 100% perfect. I have a friend who came home from Iraq, couldn't find a job to support his family, and the US paid for him to go to school on the GI Bill. He now has a job, supports his family, and pays his taxes. Would you say that increasing funding for him was a bad thing?
    You're talking to someone who currently collects GI Bill benefits.

The reason he had to increase the budget for the GI Bill was because more soldiers, sailors, Marines and airmen were leaving the service, and began putting in the paperwork to collect their benefits. I first applied for my benefits for the Summer 2009 semester. I didn't receive any of my benefits for another 6 months, and the only reason we got that was because we (Student Veterans of America) had to write our Congressman and get special approval for funding. Luckily our school recognized the issue and didn't cancel our classes, and even so, the money we DID get was an advance, not our actual money. THAT funding didn't even come until Spring 2010, and then we had to pay back the money that was advanced to us

So yeah, I know ALL about the VA, and I'm telling you...the VA is a bunch of crooked individuals that depend on us veterans for a job, yet they make it increasingly difficult to collect what is owed to us according to the contract we signed when we swore an oath to defend this country.

And yet they try to get away with shit like this...

VA record destruction scandal grows | The Daily Caller

I'll say it again...this President does not care about fiscal accountability since he does not care about the average American. He would much rather throw money at a situation in a fruitless attempt to solve it. But, I'm glad to see that SOME members of Congress still listen.

Congress Is Getting Tougher on the VA - WSJ.com

Are you aware that Iraq and Afghanistan are NOT the same country?

I posted that he ended the war in Irag, and you answered with data on Afghanistan troop fatalities after quoting the word "ending"?

Fact: A total of 4,486 U.S. soldiers were killed in Iraq between 2003 and 2012.

Fact: As of February 28, 2014, there have been 2,175 U.S. military deaths in the war in Afghanistan and additional 132 fatalities in the broader Operation Enduring Freedom outside Afghanistan. 1,795 of these deaths inside Afghanistan have been the result of hostile action. In addition there are 1,173 U.S. civilian contractor fatalities.
    The war didnt end, it moved. The middle east is as volatile as ever. This should be noted before patting anyone on the back for "ending" wars. Our country has been at war for most of my life with no end in site. Im not ready to get out the confetti and party hats just yet.

Weve been at war since 2001. Is the world a safer place today than it was when we started?
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 03-24-2014 at 07:40 PM.

The war didnt end, it moved. The middle east is as volatile as ever. This should be noted before patting anyone on the back for "ending" wars. Our country has been at war for most of my life with no end in site. Im not ready to get out the confetti and party hats just yet.

Weve been at war since 2001. Is the world a safer place today than it was when we started?
    Depends on your definition of war, I suppose.

Our soldiers have been being targeted by Islamic militants for the last 30+ years.

I can name one thing Obama has done right...

He was a successful thread topic on Importatlanta!!!!

I refuse to spread reputation around before giving it to Echonova again.

Nobody else posts enough for me to do that.

Are US troops still fighting in Iraq?

Is Iraq the same country, or next to, Afghanistan?

Did anyone ever promise you that the world would be a safer place?

thats great, and it has fuck all to do with the statements David said

The war in Iraq ended. that is not in dispute
    -www.usedbarcode.net

AWESOME

Compare the first sitting black president to a "trained ape" and portray him as inferior......

release the race pimps

-rev-al-sharpton-jpg
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Ok, I really do not support this President nor his agenda. But, i do give credit when it is due. One thing the President did that was good...the HARP program for borrowers who are underwater. Under his administration, this program was put in place to help homeowners refinance. How do I know? I sell mortgages, it is my business to know.
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    Ok, I really do not support this President nor his agenda. But, i do give credit when it is due. One thing the President did that was good...the HARP program for borrowers who are underwater. Under his administration, this program was put in place to help homeowners refinance. How do I know? I sell mortgages, it is my business to know.
    HARP was a decent program, but it didnt actually change anything, it just put on a bandaid. For some, that bandaid was enough to get them through. For others, it was a bandaid on a sucking chest wound.

PTFA S.896

Ill take the prize behind curtain #3.

But for every thing Obama did right, he did 1000 things wrong and hes still a worthless shit bag.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    HARP was a decent program, but it didnt actually change anything, it just put on a band aid. For some, that bandaid was enough to get them through. For others, it was a bandaid on a sucking chest wound.
    I know first hand that HARP saved a lot of people a great deal on their monthly payments. I don't see it as a band aid, it was more like a small reparation to homeowners who despite the economic recession maintained good standing on their mortgages. Think about it, the banks screw a bunch of people over ( specifically with ARMS ) and then the markets crash. Home values plummet therefore putting a lot of people out of the market to refinance. They were stuck in high interest rates and were told by the big banks that there was nothing that could be done due to the home being underwater...nice scheme no? These people were trapped in crazy loans while historically low rates in the 2's & 3's were being sold left and right. Hate the guy and disagree with just about everything that he stands for...but he did save a lot of people from losing their homes. They are actually in the works now for expanding the eligibility of the program for borrowers that had loans not owned by Fannie or Freddie.
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    I know first hand that HARP saved a lot of people a great deal on their monthly payments. I don't see it as a band aid, it was more like a small reparation to homeowners who despite the economic recession maintained good standing on their mortgages. Think about it, the banks screw a bunch of people over ( specifically with ARMS ) and then the markets crash. Home values plummet therefore putting a lot of people out of the market to refinance. They were stuck in high interest rates and were told by the big banks that there was nothing that could be done due to the home being underwater...nice scheme no? These people were trapped in crazy loans while historically low rates in the 2's & 3's were being sold left and right.
    What part of this was NOT the fault of people buying homes they couldnt actually afford?

Some call it predatory lending, I call it stupid people not reading what they are signing.

I call it a bandaid for the simple fact that nothing was done to prevent it from happening again. ARMs are still out there even though interest rates are already rising. The govt is still pushing banks to write loans for people that wont pay them back, the Fannie and Freddie are buying them up. Until the govt steps in and prevent these types of loans (ARMs, interest only ect) and stops encouraging their use by backing them through the GSE's we are just asking for a fresh round of economic failure.

^ Read the book "Greedy Bastards" by Dylan Ratigan. He breaks it down to a very simple explanation to where basically the banks lobbied to Congress to let them insure their own mortgage loans, which removed all incentive of them caring if the mortgage was paid, b.c they would collect no matter what.

And then began the sub-prime mortgage rates that caused that particular bubble.

Oh yeah, and then they got bailed out on top of it.

^ Read the book "Greedy Bastards" by Dylan Ratigan. He breaks it down to a very simple explanation to where basically the banks lobbied to Congress to let them insure their own mortgage loans, which removed all incentive of them caring if the mortgage was paid, b.c they would collect no matter what.

And then began the sub-prime mortgage rates that caused that particular bubble.

Oh yeah, and then they got bailed out on top of it.
    Who cares who lobbied for it in the first place. It caused the bubble, and wrecked havoc on our economy for the next probably decade before it recovers. What matters is that nothing Obama has done has done anything to curb a new round of it.

The book is more than just a history lesson.

It offers insight into the corruption that plagues our current political system.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast