Thread: Goodbye Switzerland, it was fun while it lasted.

That will be an interesting little social experiment to watch unfold.

Where is Switzerland going?

BTW. That article does a horrible job at explaining Switzerlands social insurance program. It's really not even worth picking through all the inflammatory language and buzzwords.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Dont laugh.... another democrat or two and we'll be with those idiots.

I wonder if they have "undocumented citizens" racing over thier boarders to suckle up to the government teet too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Dont laugh.... another democrat or two and we'll be with those idiots.
    Funny that you said that. Alaska has a similar basic income program. Guess who the mighty govorner is in that great state?

So I suppose it'll be a republican or two before it comes here.

And it will come here. As soon as liberals let go of the current social welfare program.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Funny that you said that. Alaska has a similar basic income program. Guess who the mighty govorner is in that great state?

So I suppose it'll be a republican or two before it comes here.

And it will come here. As soon as liberals let go of the current social welfare program.
    Im more than aware of your faith in your bible.

Im more than aware of your faith in your bible.
    Is there anything else you know how to say? Gets kinda tired TBH

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Is there anything else you know how to say? Gets kinda tired TBH
    Just stay the course and continue "organizing communities". I enjoy letting you know that you amuse me, dont let it distract you.

So a married couple would get paid almost $70k a year.

Alaska natives get paid from the oil companies. Switzerland people will get paid from the chocolate companies??? I'm not sure.

But when you have the population of San Fransisco but the GDP of $362.4 billion (PPP, 2012 est.) You can afford such projects in the short term. But to quote Marget Thatcher loosely... 'The problem with liberalism is that eventually you run out of other people's money'.

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Alaska natives get paid from the oil companies. Switzerland people will get paid from the chocolate companies??? I'm not sure.

But when you have the population of San Fransisco but the GDP of $362.4 billion (PPP, 2012 est.) You can afford such projects in the short term. But to quote Marget Thatcher loosely... 'The problem with liberalism is that eventually you run out of other people's money'.
    Wisdom so simple and easy to understand...........

Yet liberal radicals like blank still exist.

What we need to realize is that running out of other peoples money is all part of the plan.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 03-04-2014 at 07:58 PM.

Somehow I overpaid the Federal Government by 5k this year and have unexpected monies. Perhaps I should donate it to the less fortunate Swiss people...

Nah.

If so, you really dont have a clue what you are talking about.

But to quote Marget Thatcher loosely... 'The problem with liberalism is that eventually you run out of other people's money'.

According to Blank, govt debt doesnt matter so they can borrow in perpetuity to keep the handouts coming.

On a serious note though, there is no possible way for this to work. No one in their right mind is going to do the low pay grunt jobs for 2500 a month when the govt will give them 2500 a month to sit at home and do nothing. What will it do to prices when businesses have to pay 3500 a month for a job that only demands 1500 a month? The inflation alone will make that 2500 a month even less significant than the current 1500 a month average fast food worker.

And the willful ignorance train rolls on.

Sometimes I forget that I'm dealing with people who no next to nothing about macroeconomics, and are diametrically opposed to anything that sounds even remotely like higher taxes.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Alaskas permanent fund program is in fact a state run program, put together by a republican governer

But to quote Marget Thatcher loosely... 'The problem with liberalism is that eventually you run out of other people's money'.
    Another misquote

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    If so, you really dont have a clue what you are talking about.
    Ummm. The Alaskan permanent fund program. The current governer is a republican, the governer before him was a republican. The governer that set up the program was a republican. I'm not sure what you're misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    According to Blank, govt debt doesnt matter so they can borrow in perpetuity to keep the handouts coming.
    Surely I must have said that somewhere. Could you quote that for me?

On a serious note though, there is no possible way for this to work. No one in their right mind is going to do the low pay grunt jobs for 2500 a month when the govt will give them 2500 a month to sit at home and do nothing. What will it do to prices when businesses have to pay 3500 a month for a job that only demands 1500 a month? The inflation alone will make that 2500 a month even less significant than the current 1500 a month average fast food worker.
    Study after study has debunked this whole doomsday inflationary argument. People who quit menial employment free up jobs for people who want to work.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

It's difficult to argue for a better administered social welfare program to people who are staunchly opposed to anything that looks like taxation, and who have this deeply seeded belief that poor people who get a little bit of free money every month stop working all together. I'd believe it too, except for the fact that it doesn't happen that way in reality. Lol

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Switzerland is a vastly different economic model than the USA, sorry. its comparing apples and oranges. Same with Iceland before the 2008 collapse.

I just dont see the point in paying people to not work, so people who want to work, take their job? Makes no sense to me really.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Switzerland is a vastly different economic model than the USA, sorry. its comparing apples and oranges. Same with Iceland before the 2008 collapse.
    This is exactly right.

I just dont see the point in paying people to not work, so people who want to work, take their job? Makes no sense to me really.
    If you're working somewhere for less than UBI, and you want to go to school (pretty sure that's free there too), this could afford you the time to move forward without having to worry about necessities. It also has an economic boosting and crime reducing effect.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

This is exactly right.

If you're working somewhere for less than UBI, and you want to go to school (pretty sure that's free there too), this could afford you the time to move forward without having to worry about necessities. It also has an economic boosting and crime reducing effect.
    I mean i think we can assume that some people would just stay home and be lazy, some people would choose to go to school, some people would choose to work anyways so they can have double income (do they get paid $2500 regardless? or is there a Income ceiling?)

Europeans have a much harder work ethic anyways, and they take education much more seriously. Theres a reason our scores suck globally.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Ummm. The Alaskan permanent fund program. The current governer is a republican, the governer before him was a republican. The governer that set up the program was a republican. I'm not sure what you're misunderstanding.
    What does party have to do with where the payments come from? Royalties from oil and gas exploitation in Alaska isnt even worth comparing to a handout just for being alive.

Surely I must have said that somewhere. Could you quote that for me?
    I wii do it later if I remember. A quick search found a couple instances, but we all know I need to find the smoking gun or you will come up with some tpe of excuse as to how that isnt what you said. Quickly followed by another mention of you being smarter than anyone else here.

Study after study has debunked this whole doomsday inflationary argument. People who quit menial employment free up jobs for people who want to work.
    Please link to some of these studies that show this. While you are at it, show me the studies that show people will work for a paycheck/handout worth 2500 a month when they can get the same 2500 a month without putting forth the effort to actually get a job.

Well.... lets evaluate the demographic who most unanamously supports this ideology.

Black people in the US vote overwhelming in favor of welfare, they also overwhelmingly support communism abroad.

So now lets look at education, unemployment and crime rates.

I some cities as many as 90% of black male teens are unemployed, more than half drop out of high school and then very few go on to college. The unemployment rate for black males is more than double what it is for white males. Crime rates follow the same trend.

How do you motivate people to invest in themselves and work for a living when the system nurtures a culture of victimhood and dependence? These political ideas are just as much "someone else has too much" as they are "i dont have enough".

"I dont have enough" is an easy problem to fix with education and work ethic.

I think this political ideology is more to do with "someone else has to much" and the government(s) are more than happy allowing citizens to plunder other citizens as long as they get thier share.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 03-05-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Over 90% of black teens are unemployed,
    Wrong, 38%.
    Black Teen Unemployment Jumps to 38%

Chicago, not nationally, although Blacks rank higher than almost anyone in UE demographics.

Read THE BELL CURVE.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Chicago, not nationally, although Blacks rank higher than almost anyone in UE demographics.

Read THE BELL CURVE.
    Let me try to explain the point im trying to make...

If the NFL was conducting a study to improve the QB position. In thier study Jamarcuss Russell, Tim Tebow and Ryan Leaf come to one conclusion and Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Joe Montana come to a different conclusion..... maybe we should consider the source. In America, the vote of a high school QB counts exactly the same as a vote from a hall of famer. As long as theres more Ryan Leafs than Tom Bradys, the mob reigns supreme.