Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's our El Presidente to do?

Default What's our El Presidente to do?

Obama...

clearly told Putin...

to stay out of the Ukraine or suffer some non-nondescript punishment from the "international community".

Russia approves use of military in Ukraine - Yahoo News

Now what?

He will do the same thing he did with the "red line" in Syria. He will fold.

He really doesnt have a choice but to fold though. Hagel has already stated Obama's plan to reduce military manpower back to pre WW2 levels. He has also come out and said we will no longer enjoy a military dominance under his leadership.

On a side note, I could actually go along with what Obama was doing if the cuts were left unspent and used to reduce deficits and debt. Its not though, he just plans on spending that money on expanded handout programs and "infrastructure" projects.

Like I said, he will do nothing. Well, he may come out later this week and claim he didn't say what he said, but that's it. Putin is looking to bring back the old Soviet days and he found a useful idiot in the whore house that will only be too happy to comply.

He will bitch about how he wants to act now but not make a move till EU opens its mouths and NATO is on board.

Quote Originally Posted by -EnVus- View Post
    He will bitch about how he wants to act now but not make a move till EU opens its mouths and NATO is on board.
    Well he has a pen and a phone, he could just do it himself if the international community won't do anything.

Plus it's after the election... He has more flexibility now.

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Well he has a pen and a phone, he could just do it himself if the international community won't do anything.

Plus it's after the election... He has more flexibility now.
    He wouldn't wanna be the president forever know as the Black one who went to war with Russia lol

"President Obama expressed his deep concern over Russia's clear violation of Ukrainian sovereignty and territorial integrity, which is a breach of international law," the White House said after the leaders spoke for 90 minutes on Saturday. - Reuters

Shit's getting serious now. A 90 minute phone call. Putin must be hiding in his basement in complete fear and terror after that.

If this continues to escalate at this pace Putin will receive a iPod filled with Obama's greatest speeches by the end of the week.

"President Obama expressed his deep concern over Russia's clear violation of Ukrainian sovereignty and territorial integrity, which is a breach of international law," the White House said after the leaders spoke for 90 minutes on Saturday. - Reuters

Shit's getting serious now. A 90 minute phone call. Putin must be hiding in his basement in complete fear and terror after that.

If this continues to escalate at this pace Putin will receive a iPod filled with Obama's greatest speeches by the end of the week.

They can meet in Paris when Hollande hands over the keys to the city.

What is really funny to me though is that this is as much a sign of European politics as anything else. Russia doesnt fear European militaries because the Euros have leaned so heavily on the US for their defense for decades. Instead of spending appropriate money on their own defense, they spent it on domestic programs.

Indeed. Wonder if they would like that missile defense program now...

Indeed. Wonder if they would like that missile defense program now...
    Or maybe a division or 2 of tanks of their own.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Putin should listen to Obama and ignore the nazi and radical islam uprisings in Europe.

Not always a good thing to let the grasshoppers run the ants out of town, south africa for example.

Last edited by Sinfix_15; 03-02-2014 at 05:31 PM.

We've figured out where he was during Benghazi...(It's as plausible an explanation as any that has been offered)

Inside The White House Movie Theater

Maybe he'll head there for this crisis?
    '73 HLS30 129806 ; L-28, street cam, SUs, 5-speed, Koni's, Suspension techniques springs, swaybars, 3.90 R200 LSD

Heavily medicated for your protection

Yea, they are going to boycott the prep meetings for the G8.

The thing to remember is that Putin doesnt care about foreign sentiment.

SMH... The President does not know how to win a hand when it comes to bluffing. Don't make threats when countries know you're decreasing military spending and they know you have no desire to start any new wars.

The President should not make empty threats, but instead let his actions speak. The fact that he is not willing to get the military involved is the only reason I voted for him in 08. It’s time for the U.S. to stop sacrificing our Men and Women and our Wealth on conflicts around the world. We have spent around 4 trillion dollars on the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Just imagine if that money was spent on infrastructures, education, science and grants for new businesses here in the U.S.

You cannot go starting any mess in Russia's backyard and not expect there to be serious consequences. Remember we have the NATO missile defense system and Russia does not have too many allies like the old days. I wouldn't want to start any hostilities so close to their borders. You can only back a dog so far in to a corner before it has no choice but to bite first.
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

I mean this is nothing new, hes incredibly inept at foreign affairs. This is like the 5th time hes been backed into folding because hes unwilling to be "a war president".

which im ok with, except like Jimmy said, he wants to use the defense cuts on making sure poor people have free healthcare and higher minimum wage.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERJC View Post
    SMH... The President does not know how to win a hand when it comes to bluffing. Don't make threats when countries know you're decreasing military spending and they know you have no desire to start any new wars.

The President should not make empty threats, but instead let his actions speak. The fact that he is not willing to get the military involved is the only reason I voted for him in 08. It’s time for the U.S. to stop sacrificing our Men and Women and our Wealth on conflicts around the world. We have spent around 4 trillion dollars on the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Just imagine if that money was spent on infrastructures, education, science and grants for new businesses here in the U.S.

You cannot go starting any mess in Russia's backyard and not expect there to be serious consequences. Remember we have the NATO missile defense system and Russia does not have too many allies like the old days. I wouldn't want to start any hostilities so close to their borders. You can only back a dog so far in to a corner before it has no choice but to bite first.

We tried isolationism before and we still ended up in WW2. I don't really disagree with you though. War has become less about the military and more about the politicians. Where has that gotten us? Vietnam, first gulf war, Iraq war, asscrackistan, and hearts and minds over violence and firepower.

On the other side of the coin, how many more times can we be punked before someone takes a shot at us?

Lasty, Obama already ditched the missile defense sites in Poland and the Czech Republic to appease Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    We tried isolationism before and we still ended up in WW2. I don't really disagree with you though. War has become less about the military and more about the politicians. Where has that gotten us? Vietnam, first gulf war, Iraq war, asscrackistan, and hearts and minds over violence and firepower.

On the other side of the coin, how many more times can we be punked before someone takes a shot at us?

Lasty, Obama already ditched the missile defense sites in Poland and the Czech Republic to appease Putin.
    To me Isolationism would be better for us and the world. I am against globalization, as I believe there will all ways be winners and losers in the world no matter what. It is not our job to make those selections in the world, and no where in the Constitution does it say that we have a responsibility to the rest of the world. I feel war should be saved until you're willing to do the unimaginable in order to win, and I think if more people felt that way then there would be a lot less wars the U.S. would be so willing to jump in to.

Policies changes whenever someone new is elected in this country,and meddling in other countries affairs is a long term commitment that must be adhered to by future policy makers. I only support these endless wars if we were imperialistic (Financial benefited), but we're not since that does not match our values.

Yes we still ended up in WW2 but at least we came out ahead in both wars. We wouldn't be the richest nation if it wasn't for the fact that we stayed on the sidelines and sold weapons and goods to the rest of the world that was at war.
    Last edited by TIGERJC; 03-03-2014 at 07:26 PM.
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERJC View Post
    We wouldn't be the richest nation if it wasn't for the fact that we stayed on the sidelines and sold weapons and goods to the rest of the world that was at war.
    WW2 had very little to do with the wealth that US citizens have amassed since the 1929 crash. That wealth came from the flood of innovation that took place. It came from a rise in standard of living the world has never seen before. Most importantly though, it came from a strong work ethic among the middle class. Yes, there were some major contractors that made out huge during the war, but that was a small group.

In the 20 years after the end of WW2 you had 3 major sectors of the economy come into their own. First you had commercial avaition, which was limited to only the wealthy before the war. Second, you had the massive growth in private vehicles. This created huge employment gains in manufacturing and all of the associated fields. Third was the interstate program started after the Korean War under Eisenhower.

The ripple effect of growth in those sectors combined with the shortage of manpower caused by casualties during the wars lead to high wages and low unemployment. The men coming back into the work force were very skilled and very resourceful, which only added to the profits of their employers and in turn, increased growth.

What were we talking about again?

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    WW2 had very little to do with the wealth that US citizens have amassed since the 1929 crash. That wealth came from the flood of innovation that took place. It came from a rise in standard of living the world has never seen before. Most importantly though, it came from a strong work ethic among the middle class. Yes, there were some major contractors that made out huge during the war, but that was a small group.

In the 20 years after the end of WW2 you had 3 major sectors of the economy come into their own. First you had commercial avaition, which was limited to only the wealthy before the war. Second, you had the massive growth in private vehicles. This created huge employment gains in manufacturing and all of the associated fields. Third was the interstate program started after the Korean War under Eisenhower.

The ripple effect of growth in those sectors combined with the shortage of manpower caused by casualties during the wars lead to high wages and low unemployment. The men coming back into the work force were very skilled and very resourceful, which only added to the profits of their employers and in turn, increased growth.

What were we talking about again?
    I agree with all of that except the part where you said WW2 had little to do with us amassing so much wealth.
    We dominated manufacturing (Our bread and butter) after WW2 since most of Europe and its factories were in ruins. Yes the automobiles helped spurn the growth of the middle class, but American manufactures benefited from the lack of competitions which in large part was due to the lack of factories and man power around the world. I agree with the strong work ethic, but we have always had a strong work ethic. We still do if you look at U.S. workers productivity numbers and yes innovation has helped those number.

We were talking about the Next great war. Every year it is something, I still can't believe those idiots in Washington voted for the IRAQ war. Most of the Country knew that war was bullshit, but Iraq was a pawn in the middle East that kept it in balance. If Iran every got close to a nuke, Saddam would have invaded and if we provided support we could have toppled Iran. However I would not want to eliminate Iran, since they also served a purpose in keeping Iraq and Saudi Arabia in check.

This is why I don't believe we need to go around and meddle in other countries affairs. The World will always have their conflicts, and we should just watch from a far until we suspect it is a danger to our national security (No more treaties with smaller nations).
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

Well according to their agreements, he has every Russian right to go into the Ukraine.

EHH its a fight we should stay out of. This problem happened 5 years ago, Obama has doubled down on staying away and out of conflicts, he either stays the course, or risks looking even weaker with empty threats
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Perhaps my fears were premature... I forgot John Kerry was on the job.

Putin cools tensions in Ukraine, Kerry in Kiev - Yahoo News

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    EHH its a fight we should stay out of. This problem happened 5 years ago, Obama has doubled down on staying away and out of conflicts, he either stays the course, or risks looking even weaker with empty threats
    Exactly. As long as no NATO nations are directly threatened we need to leave this alone and let Europe deal with it. The world complains about the US getting involved in everything, its time we sat out a while and let the world rethink their stance.

Is this a good time to get on my soapbox about dumping the UN or should I watch them flail about uselessly for a while first?

Perhaps my fears were premature... I forgot John Kerry was on the job.

Putin cools tensions in Ukraine, Kerry in Kiev - Yahoo News
    And our vaunted nation security team and state dept probably fell for this too.

The only reason Putin is stopping now is the create a new normal, just like he did with Georgia. As soon as the world takes the current situation as normal, Ukraine can kiss the rest of the Easter half of their country good bye. Or maybe it will be one of another half dozen former soviet states thats next on the agenda.

Might be a silly question, but can anyone explain why it wouldnt benefit us for russia to envade ukraine?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Might be a silly question, but can anyone explain why it wouldnt benefit us for russia to envade ukraine?
    No direct impact on the US either way. Massive impact is possible, even likely, for the rest of Europe.

Obama signed an executive order. What courage in the face of evil.

Truly a leader a cut above all his predecessors.

Meanwhile in other news, no way this could go wrong.
    U.S. To Bolster Air Defense Along Russian Border: What That Means

I think he revoked passports or something today.

Such Strong
    Much Leader
    WOW

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-34342...Imgur-FJ1H.gif
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Uh. They need a Black Sea port for their Navy... Not seeing how that is a benefit to us.

Or we can accept a reputable source of news like thinkprogress.com... They can explain while nobody saw this coming, it's not a failure of intelligence, merely that smart people see things differently. #LOL

Why It's Wrong To Claim U.S. Intel 'Failed' To Predict Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine | ThinkProgress

Crimea decides to hold a vote to determine whether they will belong to ukraine or russia, Obama rejects this solution because it violates ukraines constitution.........

Lol democracy.....

Can someone send Obama a copy of the US constitution?

Uh. They need a Black Sea port for their Navy... Not seeing how that is a benefit to us.

Or we can accept a reputable source of news like thinkprogress.com... They can explain while nobody saw this coming, it's not a failure of intelligence, merely that smart people see things differently. #LOL

Why It's Wrong To Claim U.S. Intel 'Failed' To Predict Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine | ThinkProgress
    Ukraine is a fascist country that is filled with flag waving nazis. They also want nuclear weapons.

Russian navy really a threat to US?

Id rather have a stable rival get stronger than an unstable "ally" get stronger.

Plus, what about "democracy"? Theres a lot of russia supporters in ukraine.

Russian navy really a threat to US?
    You obviously have no concept of history #thingsblankcdwouldsay

Great book, mediocre movie.

Crimea decides to hold a vote to determine whether they will belong to ukraine or russia, Obama rejects this solution because it violates ukraines constitution.........
    Since when has Obama been concerned with constitutions?

I

Speaking to the comparison...

Ukraine with nukes vs russian navy.

Call me crazy...... but i dont see russia or any other country rolling up on our beaches anytime soon.

Biggest threat to the US is our open boarders and our very own politicians.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast