Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Change My View

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    I feel my answer was pretty straight forward. I dont recall endorsing anarchy.

Ill take anarchy over communism. The rule of law exists without police stations. Humanity isnt something dispensed by your government. Is the law the only thing stopping you from murdering or raping someone?

Humanity created law. An absense of law enforcement is not an absence of law.

Do you feel law abiding citizens are out numbered and out gunned by criminals? If not... what are you scared of?

You know who should fear anarchy the most?

A criminal. Otherwise who would protect them?

You've watched too much TV if you believe any of this.

You really think the rest of society would keep on like nothing was amiss if police stations and those that uphold the law went away tomorrow?

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    You've watched too much TV if you believe any of this.

You really think the rest of society would keep on like nothing was amiss if police stations and those that uphold the law went away tomorrow?
    Little self diagnosis on that one, my friend. Maybe its you who feels Bane will take over Gotham if not for the police.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 03-01-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Law was created by the lawless. Anarchy is nothing more than a reset button, its not a permanent condition.

Little self diagnosis on that one, my friend. Maybe its you who feels Bane will take over Gotham if not for the police.

Actually, I have been to parts of the world where anarchy reigns supreme, have you? I know exactly what it looks like when survival is the only motivation.

Law was created by the lawless. Anarchy is nothing more than a reset button, its not a permanent condition.
    How many thousands of years do you think it look to go from the lawlessness of wandering people of the stone age to the system of laws we have in place now? Anarchy isnt a reset button to play the game again, its the power button before you change the game.

Actually, I have been to parts of the world where anarchy reigns supreme, have you? I know exactly what it looks like when survival is the only motivation.

How many thousands of years do you think it look to go from the lawlessness of wandering people of the stone age to the system of laws we have in place now? Anarchy isnt a reset button to play the game again, its the power button before you change the game.
    What places of the world are these?

Give me an example of a place as culturally advanced as the US, that fell into anarchy for non economic reasons.

Also remember.... i said " no laws > too many laws" im comparing anarchy to an alternative, not promoting it.

Democracy gave us slavery, two world wars, a never ending war on terror at the expense of freedom and banned big gulps... who knows what "lawlessness" would bring.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 03-01-2014 at 01:43 PM.

What would i do today without laws...... hmmm..

Id probably take off my seatbelt, smoke a plant and go fishin, maybe ride my bike without a helmet....

ANARCHY!!!!!!!! ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

What would i do today without laws...... hmmm..

Id probably take off my seatbelt, smoke a plant and go fishin, maybe ride my bike without a helmet....

ANARCHY!!!!!!!! ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

more likely you would be doing none of those things as you wouldnt have a bike, or a car, or a helmet. You might be able to get some weed though.

What places of the world are these?
    East Timor and the tribal areas of Asscrackistan to name a couple.

Give me an example of a place as culturally advanced as the US, that fell into anarchy for non economic reasons.
    And why do you think the US is so culturally advanced? I'll give you a hint, it has to do with the laws that govern our interactions.

Also remember.... i said " no laws > too many laws" im comparing anarchy to an alternative, not promoting it.
    And I said the number of laws has nothing to do with it.

Democracy gave us slavery,
    Cultural norms of the time.

two world wars,
    I dont remember a vote over whether or not to start a world war. Can you link to it? I remember the US getting involved in WWI after the Germans sunk the Lucentania. I can remember the US getting involved in WWII after the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor.

a never ending war on terror at the expense of freedom and banned big gulps...
    This is politicians, not democracy. Democracy is nothing more than a political theory. The republic we live in today is FAR different than a democracy.

who knows what "lawlessness" would bring.
    I think the tribal regions in much of Africa would be a pretty good hint.

East Timor and the tribal areas of Asscrackistan to name a couple.

And why do you think the US is so culturally advanced? I'll give you a hint, it has to do with the laws that govern our interactions.

And I said the number of laws has nothing to do with it.

I dont remember a vote over whether or not to start a world war. Can you link to it? I remember the US getting involved in WWI after the Germans sunk the Lucentania. I can remember the US getting involved in WWII after the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor.

This is politicians, not democracy. Democracy is nothing more than a political theory. The republic we live in today is FAR different than a democracy.

I think the tribal regions in much of Africa would be a pretty good hint.
    Youre missing the chicken vs egg argument. Law was created by the lawless. The "moral superiority" of America is not a result of law or government.

Africa lacks much more than law. Fill Africa with colleges, hospitals, business, markets, homes and arm every peaceful law abiding citizen, then see how they do with an absence of government.

Most of the world's genocide has been organized by governing bodies, whether it be religions or actual governments.

Any conclusion you come to about anarchy in America is speculation and opinion, theres nothing to base it on.

America was founded by the rebelious, defiance might be our oldest tradition.

On a "law scale" of 1-10, 1 being anarchy and 10 being the far left communist view where the government holds your dick for you when you piss..... id say we need to be at a 2-3. Were currently at a 6-7 and democrats want us to reach a 8-9

If you broke down every single law in America, what % of laws do you think would be vital for a peaceful existence?

more likely you would be doing none of those things as you wouldnt have a bike, or a car, or a helmet. You might be able to get some weed though.
    It would be rough at first.... but after a few robbery attempts, there would probably be plenty of vacancies in my neighborhood.

The law sure is keeping cars and bikes safe now isnt it?

How many hours do spend in jail for stealing a bike?

If you broke down every single law in America, what % of laws do you think would be vital for a peaceful existence?
    I'm not sure about laws... But some guy a while back made a list of ten things that would seem to do the trick if everyone obeyed them. But the chances of that happening are about the same as Obama not writing a third autobiography.

I think he thinks that Democrats (as they are today) were responsible for all those things and not necessarily the idea of democracy. That's probably what he means.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    I think he thinks that Democrats (as they are today) were responsible for all those things and not necessarily the idea of democracy. That's probably what he means.
    I dont like either. Democrats past and present or the idea of democracy.

Not sure what i was trying to say anymore. At this point in the day my mind is fa..... more faded than usual..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234