Thread: Change My View

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Lets pretend that obamacare is a myspace account, sinces thats a good indicator of how secure your information is. On this "obamacare myspace" his top 5 friends are the IRS, DHS, DOJ, NSA and muslim brotherhood. When obamaspace needs to know if a friend needs help, he PMs the IRS to get gossip on finacial records. When obamaspace thinks one of his followers has a mental problem he contacts the DHS. If the NSA gets wind of some juicy gossip, he tells the IRS who then "checks" the medical records for mental illness.

A gun control bill has already been passed. Its called the affordable healthcare act. Its missing one component that you want to offer them.

You said the IRS being envolved would make you nervous. They are. Be nervous.
    we are talking about future legislation , completely irrelevant argument, and im not sure why you keep bringing up Obamacare and the ACA. I understand the problems with the ACA, and we arent talking about the govt deeming someone a mental patient and removing their guns from them.

again you KEEP TALKING about removing weapons, no one is talking about that.

Again, I rest my case, as long as you believe that ANY responsible gun registration THAT ALREADY HAPPENS , leads to defacto seizure of said weapons, and that the govt is involved in wanting to remove arms, we will never have a meaningful discussion
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    we are talking about future legislation , completely irrelevant argument, and im not sure why you keep bringing up Obamacare and the ACA. I understand the problems with the ACA, and we arent talking about the govt deeming someone a mental patient and removing their guns from them.

again you KEEP TALKING about removing weapons, no one is talking about that.

Again, I rest my case, as long as you believe that ANY responsible gun registration THAT ALREADY HAPPENS , leads to defacto seizure of said weapons, and that the govt is involved in wanting to remove arms, we will never have a meaningful discussion
    BELIEVE what you want to BELIEVE, the legislation gives them authority to confiscate, they have confiscated in blue states already for "mental health".

Wonder if the anxiety i claim to have in order to get my weed card is gonna have a DHS knocking on my door.

BELIEVE what you want to BELIEVE, the legislation gives them authority to confiscate, they have confiscated in blue states already for "mental health".

Wonder if the anxiety i claim to have in order to get my weed card is gonna have a DHS knocking on my door.
    this is why its tought to have any meaningful conversation with you, you go off the deep end into paranoid conspiracy theories and Alex Jones type rhetoric. Calm down, take a Xanax , and chill.

This is a VERY broad issue. I would prob venture to say that Blue States, like NY and Illinois, should look at abolishing all rules on weapons and we wipe the slate clean and start over.

Rule # 1 - Right to bear arms
    Rule # 2 - Keep bans on Full Auto/Grenade/Silencers already in effect at Federal Level
    Rule # 3 - Issue titles to all new weapons and require FFL to transfer that weapon or face $10,000 fine or 3 years in jail

There.

Do you know that if you have mental health problems they can ALREADY confiscate your weapons? Its not new
    -www.usedbarcode.net

this is why its tought to have any meaningful conversation with you, you go off the deep end into paranoid conspiracy theories and Alex Jones type rhetoric. Calm down, take a Xanax , and chill.

This is a VERY broad issue. I would prob venture to say that Blue States, like NY and Illinois, should look at abolishing all rules on weapons and we wipe the slate clean and start over.

Rule # 1 - Right to bear arms
    Rule # 2 - Keep bans on Full Auto/Grenade/Silencers already in effect at Federal Level
    Rule # 3 - Issue titles to all new weapons and require FFL to transfer that weapon or face $10,000 fine or 3 years in jail

There.

Do you know that if you have mental health problems they can ALREADY confiscate your weapons? Its not new
    Fuck that.

Youre talking yourself in circles and at the same time confirming my "conspiracy theory".

They can confiscate for "mental health".

The IRS is part of the group that will decide "mental health".

So, either they can or cant confiscate, make up your mind.

Fuck that.

Youre talking yourself in circles and at the same time confirming my "conspiracy theory".

They can confiscate for "mental health".

The IRS is part of the group that will decide "mental health".

So, either they can or cant confiscate, make up your mind.
    Show me the bill that has gun registration that has the IRS in charge of deicing mental health, and I will not be in favor of it.

STOP BRINGING UP PAST BILLS, NO ONE IS IN FAVOR OF THEM.

We are talking about future possible bills/legislation
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Show me the bill that has gun registration that has the IRS in charge of deicing mental health, and I will not be in favor of it.

STOP BRINGING UP PAST BILLS, NO ONE IS IN FAVOR OF THEM.

We are talking about future possible bills/legislation
    Understood. Im not digging back into the previous bill. Its called "the safe communities safe schools act" if you want to look for yourself.

We'll talk about the next bill when it drops, even though gun legislation is a part of nearly every bill from healthcare to tax code.... even environmental. EPA is going after ammo companies now.

Whats wrong with having a silencer? I have one... am i more likely to be a criminal?

Question: what makes a rifle more lethal, a silencer or a scope?

Question: what makes a rifle more lethal, a silencer or a scope?
    Neither, if it looks scary than it's the most deadly.

the legislation gives them authority to confiscate,

THERE IS NO LEGISLATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, what does it take to get it through that thick skull of yours?

Nothing that has been proposed or even talked about in regards to registration is something I would support. I dont even support registration in the literal sense. I support all gun transactions go through an FFL, thats all.

To take it a step further, I would support legislation that requires the reporting of any lost or stolen firearm within 24 hours of discovery.

You talked about blue states confiscating weapons, I am ok with the STATE confiscating weapons from people who purchased them legally, but became ineligible to own a firearm. I would make 2 changes to the law California though. First, guns should be able to be transferred to someone legally allowed to own a firearm via a limited power or attorney. This POA should give the designee authority to sell any weapons and ammo to an FFL. Second, anyone who has their guns confiscated for mental health reasons should be allowed a hearing in which a judge makes a decision based on testimony from doctors.

I will never register a weapon. You ok with making me a criminal without me lifting a finger? I imagine im not alone

I will never register a weapon. You ok with making me a criminal without me lifting a finger? I imagine im not alone
    If meaningful legislation has the publics support and is passed and you refuse to register the NEW weapons (remember civics 101 laws are NOT retroactive) then yes, you should be punished accordingly
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Youre repeating everything im saying.... it just doesnt seem to be flipping the same switch for you.

Id say the word conspiracy has a higher batting avg than the word racism... but thats just me thinking out loud