Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Change My View

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    what if youre wrong?

Look we already know what happens in Chicago and NY. It doesnt stop anything.
    if im wrong we carry on the same way we have for over 200 years... crime rates continue to steadily drop the same way they currently are....

and rednecks like me can continue being paranoid from the safety of our trailer park bunkers. right?

now what if youre wrong? any going back from that mistake?

i shouldnt be in this conversation anyways.

i dont own any guns, i lost them in an avalanch while hunting snowshoe rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    if im wrong we carry on the same way we have for over 200 years... crime rates continue to steadily drop the same way they currently are....

and rednecks like me can continue being paranoid from the safety of our trailer park bunkers. right?

never insinuated you were a redneck :P

So our gun laws today are the same as in 1776? We have made NO CHANGES? Cmon you know thats not true.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

never insinuated you were a redneck :P

So our gun laws today are the same as in 1776? We have made NO CHANGES? Cmon you know thats not true.
    youre avoiding the question.

Which question, this one?

If im wrong , and the govt attempts a gun grab, then yes, there is a Civil War and we would fight to figure out if we could come back from that mistake. Again, no military will enforce that rule if it happened.

Answer my question, you made a statement that "the last 200 years nothing changed" when you and I both know that is PATENTLY false. We have stricter laws, tighter regulations , and far more advanced weaponry than the founders ever thought or dreamed of.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Which question, this one?

If im wrong , and the govt attempts a gun grab, then yes, there is a Civil War and we would fight to figure out if we could come back from that mistake. Again, no military will enforce that rule if it happened.

Answer my question, you made a statement that "the last 200 years nothing changed" when you and I both know that is PATENTLY false. We have stricter laws, tighter regulations , and far more advanced weaponry than the founders ever thought or dreamed of.
    false. i didnt say "nothing has changed", though things would be a lot better if nothing had changed. weve got along just fine without registration, crime is dropping and there is no justification for more gun laws.

we had "machine guns" in the 1700s. the founders were more worried about future Obamas than they were about citizens. what part of "the government should fear its people" do you not understand.

so you acknowledge that theres no going back if we do registration, sounds like a good reason to sleep on it. it should be off the table untill at least 2016 when the squater gets evicted.

false. i didnt say "nothing has changed", though things would be a lot better if nothing had changed. weve got along just fine without registration, crime is dropping and there is no justification for more gun laws.
    f im wrong we carry on the same way we have for over 200 years
    Thats insinuating that nothing has changed for over 200 years.

Crime is dropping where? And what are you comparing it too? I mean lynchings are down, should be not pass anymore Civil Rights acts?

we had "machine guns" in the 1700s. the founders were more worried about future Obamas than they were about citizens. what part of "the government should fear its people" do you not understand.
    You are FAR MORE intelligent than this . dont patronize me sir. Founders didnt have access to portable carbon frame high velocity large capacity guns during the revolutionary war , hell even the Civil War.

They didnt have access to $150 Hi Point 9mm that can kill. They didnt have 2 times as many guns in circulation as the population. They didnt have a lot of the issues that we deal with today. But, they also didnt say anything about being responsible in ownership.

so you acknowledge that theres no going back if we do registration, sounds like a good reason to sleep on it. it should be off the table untill at least 2016 when the squater gets evicted.
    I separate the 2 , to me registration doesnt mean defacto gun removal/grab. It does in your mind. I already stated that on the first page. As long as we share those 2 different visions and beliefs, we have nothing to discuss past that.

I still love you.nohomo
    -www.usedbarcode.net

first machine gun patent was given in 1718. founders gave us access to everything they had access to.

lynchings are down? someone tell Al and Jesse....

cost of a gun matters because of??

every lawful citizen should have access to an affordable firearm.

registration is a means to locate and take guns, theres no disputing this fact. you just believe that theyre only gonna take them from the bad guys.

history proves that the only thing a government does with power is abuse it.

you think handing a gun registry to the IRS, NSA and DHS is in your best interest as a white conservative?

first machine gun patent was given in 1718. founders gave us access to everything they had access to
    Youre right. And in 1719, every citizen could go down to the local guns and ammo store, swipe his or her debit card, pick one up and it's accompanying ammunition, and carry it home strapped to his back.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

registration is a means to locate and take guns, theres no disputing this fact.
    I disagree. Registration doesnt lead to locate and take. Just like background checks didnt lead to locating and taking guns. It would keep criminals from having a grey market to buy their weapons, it would allow law enforcement to focus on the BLACK MARKET which is what we all care about.

you think handing a gun registry to the IRS, NSA and DHS is in your best interest as a white conservative?
    IRS/NSA/DHS , who agreed to it being them to have a gun registry? Why cant we tie it to the local DMV?

You dont think the NSA already knows what you purchased
    -www.usedbarcode.net

pretty much.

I disagree. Registration doesnt lead to locate and take. Just like background checks didnt lead to locating and taking guns. It would keep criminals from having a grey market to buy their weapons, it would allow law enforcement to focus on the BLACK MARKET which is what we all care about.

IRS/NSA/DHS , who agreed to it being them to have a gun registry? Why cant we tie it to the local DMV?

You dont think the NSA already knows what you purchased

sigh.........

would you be alarmed if the IRS had access to the gun registry? DHS? DOJ?

if the IRS had access to both your medical records and gun registry would that alarm you?

registration is a means to locate and take guns, theres no disputing this fact. you just believe that theyre only gonna take them from the bad guys.

history proves that the only thing a government does with power is abuse it.
    This is the kind of answer I was looking for!

Why do you think registration is a means to locate and take?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post

happens every place that has registration. the bill gives that authority, if you or something you own becomes prohibited. what is and isnt prohibited can change as they see fit.

why do you play stupid? youre aware, you just support it

LMAO.....theyre doing bait bike on cops.

lot of white folks goin to jail tonight....lolololol

on that note, im out.

would you be alarmed if the IRS had access to the gun registry? DHS? DOJ?

if the IRS had access to both your medical records and gun registry would that alarm you?
    Yes, i would be alarmed. Especially considering the recent IRS scandals targeting political opposition.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Yes, i would be alarmed. Especially considering the recent IRS scandals targeting political opposition.
    bingo.

I am still waiting on a federal precedent for confiscation of weapons that were legally purchased.

Sin, why do you keep tying everything to the feds when no one has said anything about involving the feds or about lists of gun owners? The only thing I have said is requiring an FFL to process any transfers of ownership.

Why can't a registry with weapons currently be enforced, simple, there is no way to prove who owns a particular firearm if it was sold before the reporting requirements went into effect.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    I am still waiting on a federal precedent for confiscation of weapons that were legally purchased.

Sin, why do you keep tying everything to the feds when no one has said anything about involving the feds or about lists of gun owners? The only thing I have said is requiring an FFL to process any transfers of ownership.

Why can't a registry with weapons currently be enforced, simple, there is no way to prove who owns a particular firearm if it was sold before the reporting requirements went into effect.
    feds are the ones seeking it. with the previous bill, the IRS would oversee the registration. you think the feds are gonna keep thier hands off that info???

theyve already raided homes and confiscated guns in blue states...... ive posted a dozen examples. where was the SCOTUS to protect those ppl?

DHS violated ppls rights in Boston on national TV.....

nobody cares.... were all fat lazy self absorbed Americans who dont want to be bothered with it.

Youre right. And in 1719, every citizen could go down to the local guns and ammo store, swipe his or her debit card, pick one up and it's accompanying ammunition, and carry it home strapped to his back.
    Wrong. Back in the day you actually had to carry around money. Not as convenient as some meaningless digital form I know. But they were backwards back then. Bless their hearts.

History.

BTW: This guy has a PHD and footnotes. I would expect a minimum of three days of research for you to fact-check everything and point out where he is wrong on a point-by-point basis along with your own footnotes documenting everything and have it subject to a peer review.

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Wrong. Back in the day you actually had to carry around money. Not as convenient as some meaningless digital form I know. But they were backwards back then. Bless their hearts.
    Ummmmm.....

/s ?

History.

BTW: This guy has a PHD and footnotes. I would expect a minimum of three days of research for you to fact-check everything and point out where he is wrong on a point-by-point basis along with your own footnotes documenting everything and have it subject to a peer review.
    So you believe registry is a means to confiscate because Obama could, in 3 years, position himself as a supreme dictator, organize his primarily white cabinet, institutionally persecute white people, relax all gun laws except for white people, organize 2 paramilitary divisions tasked with policing laws against white people, then confiscate their guns.

Then what? What is the endgame of this scenario? Kill all white people? Melt all the guns down and sell the scrap metal to China?

No need for any more research, Mr. PhD/book salesman did a good bit for me, he just left out a books worth of important details. No big deal. Not like we're trying to be unbiased over here. I'm not satisfied until my pages are dripping with agenda (In this case, American right wing, and a book selling agenda.)

Quote Originally Posted by Halbrook
    Himmler, head of the Nazi terror police, would become an architect of the Holocaust, which consumed six million Jews. It was self evident that the Jews must be disarmed before the extermination could begin.
    Ummmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by Halbrook
    Out of all the acts of armed citizen resisters in the war, the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising of 1943 is difficult to surpass in its heroism. Beginning with just a few handguns, armed Jews put a temporary stop to the deportations to extermination camps, frightened the Nazis out of the ghetto, stood off assaults for days on end, and escaped to the forests to continue the struggle. What if there had been two, three, many Warsaw Ghetto Uprisings?
    During this battle, 15,000 Jews were slaughtered, another 50,000 were sent to concentration camps. Only 20 Nazis died. If there were 2 or 3 more uprisings, well, we know how to multiply.
    To add to this, Germany nearly occupied Russia. Even with their ground and air superiority, the Wehrmacht managed to kill millions of Russia's Red Army, so it's very optimistic to think that untrained Jews, who were poorly armed in the first place, could have made such a significant difference against the German army, the SS and the SA. The Jews also faced state sanctioned non-military violence through Kristallnacht, they only made up 1% of the German population, and Halbrooks own figures claim only 4000 weapons and 200,000 rounds of ammunition were seized. So it is difficult to see how it was "self evident" the Jews had to be disarmed. It would seem the act was in fact more of a symbolic gesture.

History, instead, tells us that something usually precedes gun confiscation, like institutional racial oppression and genocide.

And no need for fact checking. He was on point with the facts. He was just missing most of the rest of them. The sources he cited should also support the information I provided. Checked some of them. Most of it I already knew. But building your opinions on half-truths is just as dishonest as building them on lies.
    Last edited by .blank cd; 02-28-2014 at 08:28 AM.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I don't believe that requiring citizens to follow the same rules required when purchasing a new weapon as when purchasing a used constitutes some form of mass conspiracy to disarm the population. Especially when there's over 500 million arms in circulation to begin with.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I don't believe that requiring citizens to follow the same rules required when purchasing a new weapon as when purchasing a used constitutes some form of mass conspiracy to disarm the population. Especially when there's over 500 million arms in circulation to begin with.
    Good. You believe what they hoped you would. Theyre good pitch men, next theyll have you ordering a slap chop.

The devil is always in the details. Registration is the hook. Its the "rational" suggestion on page 197 of a 3754 page bill. Gun control is a top priority for any anti-American/anti-colonial radical. Theres gun control buried in nearly every piece of legislation. Theres gun control in the healthcare bill even... Sara Palin called it back in 2007.

I dont know how much more obvious it has to be... how can anyone believe that gun control isnt a top priority for democrats, communists, anti-Americans and democrats.

Ummmmm.....

/s ?

So you believe registry is a means to confiscate because Obama could, in 3 years, position himself as a supreme dictator, organize his primarily white cabinet, institutionally persecute white people, relax all gun laws except for white people, organize 2 paramilitary divisions tasked with policing laws against white people, then confiscate their guns.

Then what? What is the endgame of this scenario? Kill all white people? Melt all the guns down and sell the scrap metal to China?

No need for any more research, Mr. PhD/book salesman did a good bit for me, he just left out a books worth of important details. No big deal. Not like we're trying to be unbiased over here. I'm not satisfied until my pages are dripping with agenda (In this case, American right wing, and a book selling agenda.)

Ummmmm......

During this battle, 15,000 Jews were slaughtered, another 50,000 were sent to concentration camps. Only 20 Nazis died. If there were 2 or 3 more uprisings, well, we know how to multiply.
    To add to this, Germany nearly occupied Russia. Even with their ground and air superiority, the Wehrmacht managed to kill millions of Russia's Red Army, so it's very optimistic to think that untrained Jews, who were poorly armed in the first place, could have made such a significant difference against the German army, the SS and the SA. The Jews also faced state sanctioned non-military violence through Kristallnacht, they only made up 1% of the German population, and Halbrooks own figures claim only 4000 weapons and 200,000 rounds of ammunition were seized. So it is difficult to see how it was "self evident" the Jews had to be disarmed. It would seem the act was in fact more of a symbolic gesture.

History, instead, tells us that something usually precedes gun confiscation, like institutional racial oppression and genocide.

And no need for fact checking. He was on point with the facts. He was just missing most of the rest of them. The sources he cited should also support the information I provided. Checked some of them. Most of it I already knew. But building your opinions on half-truths is just as dishonest as building them on lies.
    So youre dismissing Obama's dreams of his father based on him not having enough time to see it completed? Hes laid the frame work for racial oppression and cracked the door open for those from the middle east who would seek genocide.

Hes doing exactly what your bible said he should do. He wont finish the job in 3 years.... no "community organizer" could, but hes laid a solid framework of propaganda for the next radical on deck and done possibly unrepairable damage to US currency... again, all mentioned in your bible.

Good. You believe what they hoped you would. Theyre good pitch men, next theyll have you ordering a slap chop.

The devil is always in the details. Registration is the hook. Its the "rational" suggestion on page 197 of a 3754 page bill. Gun control is a top priority for any anti-American/anti-colonial radical. Theres gun control buried in nearly every piece of legislation. Theres gun control in the healthcare bill even... Sara Palin called it back in 2007.

I dont know how much more obvious it has to be... how can anyone believe that gun control isnt a top priority for democrats, communists, anti-Americans and democrats.
    you keep referencing an old bill, not a bill i would support.

So, until theres legislation we can actually debate, its kind of a moot point.

I would support a bill that would treat guns the same way as we treat car registration. Require an FFL to transfer ownership so guns arent being sold to Felons and Mentally unstable people. Use the same rules as used gun sales , as we ALREADY USE FOR NEW GUN SALES.

Until I see an honest open debate between lawmakers on this issue, there isnt much here to scrutinize. If a bill came out saying the IRS would oversee the registration, i would not be in favor of it. If they said the ATF would be policing it, i would support it, because THEY ALREADY POLICE NEW GUN SALES.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I worked in the industry sir, I know vastly more about the details than you do. They ALREADY seek out people with Muslim Names who purchase firearms, they already request information from businesses behind the scenes post gun sale.

Let me say it again, I do not support any legislation that is currently been put forward. I am open to treating weapons as needing mandatory FFL transfer regardless of POS.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

you keep referencing an old bill, not a bill i would support.

So, until theres legislation we can actually debate, its kind of a moot point.

I would support a bill that would treat guns the same way as we treat car registration. Require an FFL to transfer ownership so guns arent being sold to Felons and Mentally unstable people. Use the same rules as used gun sales , as we ALREADY USE FOR NEW GUN SALES.

Until I see an honest open debate between lawmakers on this issue, there isnt much here to scrutinize. If a bill came out saying the IRS would oversee the registration, i would not be in favor of it. If they said the ATF would be policing it, i would support it, because THEY ALREADY POLICE NEW GUN SALES.

Lets pretend that obamacare is a myspace account, sinces thats a good indicator of how secure your information is. On this "obamacare myspace" his top 5 friends are the IRS, DHS, DOJ, NSA and muslim brotherhood. When obamaspace needs to know if a friend needs help, he PMs the IRS to get gossip on finacial records. When obamaspace thinks one of his followers has a mental problem he contacts the DHS. If the NSA gets wind of some juicy gossip, he tells the IRS who then "checks" the medical records for mental illness.

A gun control bill has already been passed. Its called the affordable healthcare act. Its missing one component that you want to offer them.

You said the IRS being envolved would make you nervous. They are. Be nervous.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 02-28-2014 at 10:33 AM.

I worked in the industry sir, I know vastly more about the details than you do. They ALREADY seek out people with Muslim Names who purchase firearms, they already request information from businesses behind the scenes post gun sale.

Let me say it again, I do not support any legislation that is currently been put forward. I am open to treating weapons as needing mandatory FFL transfer regardless of POS.
    Heirlooms is one of thier focuses. Specifically prohibited in the last bill.

Ive touched 200 or so guns in my lifetime, about 7 of them were handed to me by someone in the "industry".

I support the grey market.... black market.. green market or any other market.

Prohibition isnt my cup of tea.

Lets pretend that obamacare is a myspace account, sinces thats a good indicator of how secure your information is. On this "obamacare myspace" his top 5 friends are the IRS, DHS, DOJ, NSA and muslim brotherhood. When obamaspace needs to know if a friend needs help, he PMs the IRS to get gossip on finacial records. When obamaspace thinks one of his followers has a mental problem he contacts the DHS. If the NSA gets wind of some juicy gossip, he tells the IRS who then "checks" the medical records for mental illness.

A gun control bill has already been passed. Its called the affordable healthcare act. Its missing one component that you want to offer them.

You said the IRS being envolved would make you nervous. They are. Be nervous.
    we are talking about future legislation , completely irrelevant argument, and im not sure why you keep bringing up Obamacare and the ACA. I understand the problems with the ACA, and we arent talking about the govt deeming someone a mental patient and removing their guns from them.

again you KEEP TALKING about removing weapons, no one is talking about that.

Again, I rest my case, as long as you believe that ANY responsible gun registration THAT ALREADY HAPPENS , leads to defacto seizure of said weapons, and that the govt is involved in wanting to remove arms, we will never have a meaningful discussion
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Heirlooms is one of thier focuses. Specifically prohibited in the last bill.

Ive touched 200 or so guns in my lifetime, about 7 of them were handed to me by someone in the "industry".
    why do you keep talking about PAST BILLS? We are talking about NEW bills, bills that havent even been proposed. You cant argue legislation that hasnt been even introduced yet. Im not sure i would support anything right now, id have to SEE THE PROPOSAL and how far it goes.

I support the grey market.... black market.. green market or any other market.

Prohibition isnt my cup of tea.
    I disagree, I dont support the grey market, or the black market. I also dont believe giving people grenade launchers and full auto weapons believing that it will police itself is smart.

I am all for legalizing marijuana , but that doesnt mean im for legalizing all drugs, let everyone do heroin and cocaine at will.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

we are talking about future legislation , completely irrelevant argument, and im not sure why you keep bringing up Obamacare and the ACA. I understand the problems with the ACA, and we arent talking about the govt deeming someone a mental patient and removing their guns from them.

again you KEEP TALKING about removing weapons, no one is talking about that.

Again, I rest my case, as long as you believe that ANY responsible gun registration THAT ALREADY HAPPENS , leads to defacto seizure of said weapons, and that the govt is involved in wanting to remove arms, we will never have a meaningful discussion
    BELIEVE what you want to BELIEVE, the legislation gives them authority to confiscate, they have confiscated in blue states already for "mental health".

Wonder if the anxiety i claim to have in order to get my weed card is gonna have a DHS knocking on my door.

Forget Obamacare, your feelings about the Govt, etc. Answer me 2 questions:

1) Do you know that when you purchase a new firearm from a dealer, they are required to do a background check, and levels of the STATE and FEDERAL govt know who is buying that weapon? Concealed Carry is the govt KNOWING you have weapons. Do you know that?

2) Why should we have 1 set of rules for NEW weapons, then completely disregard those rules for USED weapons? It makes no sense to me that people say FFL for a new gun purchase is perfectly acceptable, but the SECOND you walk outside the business and want to sell it used, to require the SAME RULES = GUBERMENT COMING TO TAKE MY ARMS, DONT INFRINGE MY RIGHTS BRO, OBAMA IS A NAZI, WE ARE HEADING TOWARD HITLER-ISM! Explain to me why we have 2 sets of rules and the benefit from it
    -www.usedbarcode.net

BELIEVE what you want to BELIEVE, the legislation gives them authority to confiscate, they have confiscated in blue states already for "mental health".

Wonder if the anxiety i claim to have in order to get my weed card is gonna have a DHS knocking on my door.
    this is why its tought to have any meaningful conversation with you, you go off the deep end into paranoid conspiracy theories and Alex Jones type rhetoric. Calm down, take a Xanax , and chill.

This is a VERY broad issue. I would prob venture to say that Blue States, like NY and Illinois, should look at abolishing all rules on weapons and we wipe the slate clean and start over.

Rule # 1 - Right to bear arms
    Rule # 2 - Keep bans on Full Auto/Grenade/Silencers already in effect at Federal Level
    Rule # 3 - Issue titles to all new weapons and require FFL to transfer that weapon or face $10,000 fine or 3 years in jail

There.

Do you know that if you have mental health problems they can ALREADY confiscate your weapons? Its not new
    -www.usedbarcode.net

why do you keep talking about PAST BILLS? We are talking about NEW bills, bills that havent even been proposed. You cant argue legislation that hasnt been even introduced yet. Im not sure i would support anything right now, id have to SEE THE PROPOSAL and how far it goes.

I disagree, I dont support the grey market, or the black market. I also dont believe giving people grenade launchers and full auto weapons believing that it will police itself is smart.

I am all for legalizing marijuana , but that doesnt mean im for legalizing all drugs, let everyone do heroin and cocaine at will.
    I am.

this is why its tought to have any meaningful conversation with you, you go off the deep end into paranoid conspiracy theories and Alex Jones type rhetoric. Calm down, take a Xanax , and chill.

This is a VERY broad issue. I would prob venture to say that Blue States, like NY and Illinois, should look at abolishing all rules on weapons and we wipe the slate clean and start over.

Rule # 1 - Right to bear arms
    Rule # 2 - Keep bans on Full Auto/Grenade/Silencers already in effect at Federal Level
    Rule # 3 - Issue titles to all new weapons and require FFL to transfer that weapon or face $10,000 fine or 3 years in jail

There.

Do you know that if you have mental health problems they can ALREADY confiscate your weapons? Its not new
    Fuck that.

Youre talking yourself in circles and at the same time confirming my "conspiracy theory".

They can confiscate for "mental health".

The IRS is part of the group that will decide "mental health".

So, either they can or cant confiscate, make up your mind.

I will never register a weapon. You ok with making me a criminal without me lifting a finger? I imagine im not alone

Youre repeating everything im saying.... it just doesnt seem to be flipping the same switch for you.

Id say the word conspiracy has a higher batting avg than the word racism... but thats just me thinking out loud

Fuck that.

Youre talking yourself in circles and at the same time confirming my "conspiracy theory".

They can confiscate for "mental health".

The IRS is part of the group that will decide "mental health".

So, either they can or cant confiscate, make up your mind.
    Show me the bill that has gun registration that has the IRS in charge of deicing mental health, and I will not be in favor of it.

STOP BRINGING UP PAST BILLS, NO ONE IS IN FAVOR OF THEM.

We are talking about future possible bills/legislation
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast