Thread: 2014 Mid-terms

Default 2014 Mid-terms

I will start with the easy one. GOP expands its lead in the House significantly. Probably in the area of 20 seats.

GOP will take the Senate 51-49. This comes with a caveat though. If a candidate on their way to an easy win effectively takes their self out of the race with retarded comments it cannot be predicted.

Here is a list of Senators up for election. Ignore the commentary, its just the list I am worried about.
    U.S. Senate Races

Dems currently hold a 55-45 edge in the Senate and I honestly dont see any way they keep the majority. I see the GOP picking up no less than 6 seats and could easily envision them winning 11.

A good article to outline some of the more interesting races early in the process.

2014 elections: 10 critical Senate races - James Hohmann - POLITICO.com

I hope so, and I hope they have the balls to tackle the serious issues we have coming up.

Repeal Obamacare and replace it
    Cut spending
    Cut defense
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

lets all be honest here...even if your predictions are accurate for the elections...will anything for the average Joe citizen get any better? Probably not. Regardless of what party they represent and what lies they might tell to get re elected...they still look out for themselves first. We have to send Washington a message some how...we have to instill fear in them.
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    lets all be honest here...even if your predictions are accurate for the elections...will anything for the average Joe citizen get any better? Probably not. Regardless of what party they represent and what lies they might tell to get re elected...they still look out for themselves first. We have to send Washington a message some how...we have to instill fear in them.
    I am with you there. I think the best way to do that is to speak out against all the negative campaigning. No truly honorable person will ever put their friends and family through that level of pettiness and scrutiny for their personal gain. So we are left with borderline antisocial egomaniacs who lust for power and prestige.

it really makes you think though...what...if anything can be done? The dissatisfaction level and disgust of the gov't seems to be very high. Why are the citizens not marching on Washington? Why is no one more vocal? I too am guilty of this...but you get to the point where you start to think...will all the corruption...will our voices even mean anything?
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    I am with you there. I think the best way to do that is to speak out against all the negative campaigning. No truly honorable person will ever put their friends and family through that level of pettiness and scrutiny for their personal gain. So we are left with borderline antisocial egomaniacs who lust for power and prestige.
    throw out people like Peter King, who, are saying because Rand Paul is suing over the NSA stuff, is "killing americans"(paraphrasing)

Peter King: Rand Paul creates
    -www.usedbarcode.net

IMO clearly the NSA is overstepping its boundaries, and I applaud someone like Paul standing up to the regime (on both sides) to do something about it.

I also agree with him on the Drone issues, if Obama can bomb anyone at will, even US Citizens abroad , what else can he do?
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Thumbs up to Peter King.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

I believe that what the NSA is doing in terms of data mining is illegal. Props to Rand Paul for standing up and having the balls to sue and challenge.

You are entitled to your opinion, but Peter King is a fucking idiot
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    but Peter King is a fucking idiot
    He is the GOP version of Alan Grayson.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him move to the left side of the aisle soon.