Thread: GOP reaches budget lead by Paul Ryan ..........

Default GOP reaches budget lead by Paul Ryan ..........

Ok so someone explain this to me more, Im just sick and tired of reading the biased crap from both sides......

So , Paul Ryan, who is supposed to be this budget hawk, agrees to a budget that spends MORE and adds MORE to the deficit than before? Why didnt we just leave everything as is? I Mean if our goal is to reign in Govt Spending which is clearly out of control, why cave on a budget like this? We just increased spending on both DEF and NON DIS spending? WTF was the point ?

The proposal would restore about $63 billion in funding that had been cut by the so-called sequester. Officials said the increases would be offset by a variety of spending reductions and increased fees elsewhere in the budget totaling about $85 billion over a decade, leaving enough for a largely symbolic deficit cut of $23 billion over the next decade.
    23 Billion over 10 years. WOW. WHOOPTY FUCKING DOO DOO

You know HOW they are getting those FEES? They are charging more fees at the TSA.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/inte...dget-act-2013/

So the GOP , who claim to be concerned about the budget, increased FEEs and rolled back the 63 billion in sequester cuts, and added in more spending.

DONT VOTE GOP, no backbone
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Ok so someone explain this to me more, Im just sick and tired of reading the biased crap from both sides......

So , Paul Ryan, who is supposed to be this budget hawk, agrees to a budget that spends MORE and adds MORE to the deficit than before? Why didnt we just leave everything as is? I Mean if our goal is to reign in Govt Spending which is clearly out of control, why cave on a budget like this? We just increased spending on both DEF and NON DIS spending? WTF was the point ?
    What does "out of control" mean to you?

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    A president that has added more debt than every other president in the history combined.

23 Billion over 10 years. WOW. WHOOPTY FUCKING DOO DOO
    As long as there are no natural or man-made disasters in the next decade...

You can take those savings to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    A president that has added more debt than every other president in the history combined.
    And do you know what that means? Or do you think the US is just in a whole bunch of Visa and Discover card debt?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

This probably isnt the thread for you. Youll never convince me , whether democrat or republican, that 17 Trillion and climbing in deficit spending / overall debt, is sustainable and not "out of control"

Out of control to me is spending 500+ Billion a year on Defense while we have pulled out of the 2 Major Wars we WERE fighting (yet we increase their budgets)
    Out of control to me is continuing 99 Week UE spending when we used to only do 6 months
    Out of control to me is thinking that we cant go back to 2007 spending levels or the entire economy will collapse.

Washington (again regardless of R/D) is incapable of cutting spending, we are continuing to run 1+ Trillion dollar deficits for no real reason.

Take the politics out of it, seriously. Do you think we need to spend 500 billion on defense? the sequester cut 63 billion in spending and it was the end of the world?

Im sorry, I just dont buy it. Theyre acting like cutting $1 out of every $1000 they spend is impossible. Its not. We can argue about WHAT should be cut all day long, but even you have to see the irony in the GOP claiming they care about spending, then passing a budget that spends just as much as the people they were bitching about.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

And do you know what that means? Or do you think the US is just in a whole bunch of Visa and Discover card debt?
    Obama said that Bush was "unpatriotic" for rising the debt to 9 Trillion (a 4 Trillion dollar increase). Obama is responsible for 7 Trillion in new spending, and more by the time he leaves office (because the Deficits are continuning to rise.) Remember that thread where you claimed he had lowered the deficit because he spent less? Well that just go erased, like I said it would, because they are ALWAYS way way off about deficit projections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama 2007
    "The problem is that the way Bush has done it in the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion from the first 42 presidents. No. 43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome. So we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back. $30,000 for every man woman and child. That's irresponsible, that's unpatriotic,"
    This isnt the thread to debate Obamas politics, its about the congress refusing to cut spending that is vastly more than it was 5 years ago.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

This is just getting ridiculous...this gov't has to go.

I am 100% Romanian American. My Grandparents and Parents were born and raised in a communist country. They finally gained political asylum back in 1980. In my parents country, the government there reigned supreme. There were no checks and balances, all previous laws and traditions were tossed in the wind. The gov't did as they pleased, if you did not like it you were beaten or imprisoned. This lasted for decades under the rule of Nicolae Ceausescu. P.S. He lied to gain his way into power. Do you know what the people finally did after years of corruption, lying, and oppression from this " Leader " and his regime? See the link below* They overthrew him and sent him to trial...he was shot dead with his corrupt wife on live television. The rest of his communist party was also overthrown and the people of that great and proud nation took back control....When will America wake up and say enough is enough?

Nemesis '89 - Execution of Nicolae and Elena Ceau
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    This is just getting ridiculous...this gov't has to go.

I am 100% Romanian American. My Grandparents and Parents were born and raised in a communist country. They finally gained political asylum back in 1980. In my parents country, the government there reigned supreme. There were no checks and balances, all previous laws and traditions were tossed in the wind. The gov't did as they pleased, if you did not like it you were beaten or imprisoned. This lasted for decades under the rule of Nicolae Ceausescu. P.S. He lied to gain his way into power. Do you know what the people finally did after years of corruption, lying, and oppression from this " Leader " and his regime? See the link below* They overthrew him and sent him to trial...he was shot dead with his corrupt wife on live television. The rest of his communist party was also overthrown and the people of that great and proud nation took back control....When will America wake up and say enough is enough?

Nemesis '89 - Execution of Nicolae and Elena Ceau
    What the hell does that have to do with this budget deal? Or even America?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Washington (again regardless of R/D) is incapable of cutting spending, we are continuing to run 1+ Trillion dollar deficits for no real reason.

Take the politics out of it, seriously. Do you think we need to spend 500 billion on defense? the sequester cut 63 billion in spending and it was the end of the world?
    Theres definitely a reason. Take the politics out of it.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Theres definitely a reason. Take the politics out of it.
    It buys votes. Thats the only reason why.

There is no rational explanation why we spend at these inflated rates. It erodes our currency, and burdens the next generation with debt. There is no reason to EXPAND the defense budget, theres no reason to have 99 weeks of UE anymore.

You cannot make a rational argument for either
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Do you think the Defense Budget should be expanded (which this deal currently has done)? Yes or no
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Do you think the Defense Budget should be expanded (which this deal currently has done)? Yes or no
    I believe you're wanting two different answers here. I personally don't think we should expand the defense budget. I can understand the reasons why. Is expanding it going to cause a global economic meltdown crisis? No.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I believe you're wanting two different answers here. I personally don't think we should expand the defense budget. I can understand the reasons why. Is expanding it going to cause a global economic meltdown crisis? No.
    This is how i feel about the budget in the USA and how we approach it:

I accept 2 main things as Facts (Not saying you have to)
    1) Deficit Spending increases the chances of inflation, trade wars, devalues currency.
    2) It is unsustainable long term

Knowing those 2 points, I accept the fact that there is deficit spending that must occur. Every business does it, sometimes the govt has to do it as well. However, 5 years removed from a national recession , why do we have 99 weeks of UE ? Can we not go back to 24 weeks like before? Why are we expanding the budget of the Defense Dept when we have drawn down from 2 wars?

Why do we continue to increase spending year over year?

Mind you this isnt GRADUAL increases, we are talking about DOUBLING the national debt in 5 years (what we just did). It took us 200+ years to get to 9 Trillion, in 5 years we hit 17 Trillion and climbing.

It is absolutely dangerous. It CAN cause an economic meltdown in time. We have already seen what it does to other nations that cant afford to pay it back (greece, italy, Eurozone).

Not being fiscally sound hurts us when another disaster happens. If student loan bubble burst tomorrow, we would be screwed. We cannot face another economic crisis like we just had with this kind of spending habits.

The interest alone on the debt is outpacing how we could pay it back. The only way to pay it back will be through significantly higher tax rates
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Also this thread isnt to debate the significance of the national debt , its more about how two faced the GOP is. they claim they care about spending , then pass a budget that continues the very spending they ran against in the last election.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Also this thread isnt to debate the significance of the national debt , its more about how two faced the GOP is. they claim they care about spending , then pass a budget that continues the very spending they ran against in the last election.
    There's no real difference in republicans and democrats anymore.... it's communism and communism lite and theyre both working to make sure a 3rd party never disrupts their control over our lives.

What the hell does that have to do with this budget deal? Or even America?
    That democratic leadership is bringing America closer to communism.