Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pentagon training manual:

Default Pentagon training manual:

... white males have unfair advantages

A controversial 600-plus page manual used by the military to train its Equal Opportunity officers teaches that "healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian" men hold an unfair advantage over other races, and warns in great detail about a so-called "White Male Club."

“Simply put, a healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian male receives many unearned advantages of social privilege, whereas a black, homosexual, atheist female in poor health receives many unearned disadvantages of social privilege,” reads a statement in the manual created by the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute (DEOMI).

The manual, which was obtained by Fox News, also instructs troops to “support the leadership of people of color. Do this consistently, but not uncritically,” the manual states.

The military manual goes into great detail about a so-called “White Male Club.”
    The Equal Opportunity Advisor Student Guide is the textbook used during a three month DEOMI course taught at Patrick Air Force Base in Florida. Individuals who attend the training lead Equal Opportunity briefings on military installations around the nation.

The 637-page manual covers a wide range of issues from racism and religious diversity to cultural awareness, extremism and white privilege.

I obtained a copy of the manual from an Equal Opportunity officer who was disturbed by the course content and furious over the DEOMI’s reliance on the Southern Poverty Law Center for information on “extremist” groups.

“I’m participating in teaching things that are not true,” the instructor told me. He asked not to be identified because he feared reprisals.

“I should not be in a position to do that,” he said. “It violates Constitutional principles, but it also violates my conscience. And I’m not going to do it – not going to do it.”

Read an excerpt from the manual here.

DEOMI instructors were also responsible for briefings at bases around the country that falsely labeled evangelical Christians, Catholics and a number of high-profile Christian ministries as domestic hate groups.

I contacted the Pentagon as well as the DEOMI multiple times for comment on this story, but so far they have not responded to my requests.

DEOMI opened in 1971 in response to the civil rights movement. It’s responsible for Equal Opportunity/Equal Employment Opportunity education and training for military active duty and reservists, according to its website.

The subject of white privilege emerged in a 20-page section titled, “Power and Privilege.”

“Whites are the empowered group,” the manual declares. “White males represent the haves as compared to the have-nots.”

The military document advises personnel to “assume racism is everywhere, every day” and “notice code words for race.” They are also instructed to “understand and learn from the history of whiteness and racism.”

“Assume racism is everywhere, everyday,” read a statement in a section titled, ‘How to be a strong 'white ally.'"

“One of the privileges of being white is not having to see or deal with racism all the time,” the manual states. “We have to learn to see the effect that racism has.”

On page 181 of the manual, the military points out that status and wealth are typically passed from generation to generation and “represent classic examples of the unearned advantages of social privilege.”

“As such, the unfair economic advantages and disadvantages created long ago by institutions for whites, males, Christians, etc. still affect socioeconomic privilege today,” the manual states.

The guide also points out that whites are over-represented and blacks are underrepresented in positive news stories, that middle class blacks live in poorer neighborhoods than middle class whites and that even though there are more white criminals than any other race, the news coverage of black criminals is about equal to the news coverage of white criminals.

The military manual goes into great detail about a so-called “White Male Club.”

“In spite of slave insurrections, civil war, the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments, the women’s suffrage movement leading to the 19th amendment, the civil rights movement, urban rebellions and the contemporary feminist movement, the club persists,” the document states.

DEOMI states that “full access to the resources of the club still escape the vision of equitable distribution.”

The military also implies that white Americans may be in denial about racism.

In a section titled, “Rationalizations for Retaining Privilege and Avoiding Responsibilities,” the military lays out excuses white people use.

“Today some white people may use the tactic of denial when they say, ‘It’s a level playing field; this is a land of equal opportunity,’” the manual reads. “Some white people may be counterattacking today by saying political correctness rules the universities or they want special status.”

DEOMI points out that if “white people are unable to maintain that the atrocities are all in the past, they may switch to tactics to make a current situation seem isolated.”

They said some of the ways whites may claim to be victims include saying things like, “I have it just as bad as anyone else,” “They’re taking away our jobs,” or “White people are under attack.”
    The military concludes the section by urging students to “understand and learn from the history of whiteness and racism” and “support the leadership of people of color.”

I called former Congressman and Lt. Col. Allen West (ret.) to get his take on the manual. In a nutshell – he wants a congressional investigation.

“This is the Obama administration’s outreach of social justice into the United States military,” he told me. “Equal Opportunity in the Army that I grew up in did not have anything to do with white privilege.”

West said he is very concerned about the training guide.

“When the president talked about fundamentally transforming the United States of America, I believe he also had a dedicated agenda of going after the United States military,” he said. “The priorities of this administration are totally whacked.”

West said the DEOMI manual reminded him of a similar program inflicted on the military by President Clinton.

“They came down with a new training requirement called, ‘Consideration of Others Training,’” he said. “The soldiers were supposed to sit around and go through vignettes and talk about their feelings.”

I truly wish the Pentagon and the DEOMI would return my telephone calls. I’d like to know how teaching soldiers, airmen and sailors about white privilege and fomenting racial division helps them protect our nation from the enemy.
    Pentagon training manual: white males have unfair advantages | Fox News

I'm sure this will get dismissed because it's from Fox, but oh well.

My sentiment on this:
    I’d like to know how teaching soldiers, airmen and sailors about white privilege and fomenting racial division helps them protect our nation from the enemy.

If this crosses a line for racial discussion here feel free to delete it, I know it has been a hot button topic in here before.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

it doesnt stop there.........................................

go look at common core.................. our schools will soon be teaching anti-white rhetoric such as this. This is textbook institutional racism. The government is getting ahead of the curb and apparently licking their chops at the idea of a white minority at some point in the future.

It's also very troubling that speaking out against white racism is so taboo................ as if defending white people is not allowed.

This just in: a course on equal opportunity, intercultural communication, and religious, racial, gender, and ethnic diversity and pluralism teaches about the concept of white privilege in America.

OH THE HUMANITY

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

White privilege is a myth promoted by those who seek to use racial division to gain themselves more power. It's nothing more than that.

The whole preaching that white people just pass down their wealth generation after generation is laughable to anyone who has studied any American history. Let's look at the Atlanta metro area as an example. When Dekalb and the surrounding counties were formed, the land was divided up via the land lottery. For DeKalb, the county was formed in 1822, and my own ancestor moved onto the land that he got in 1826. Like the others around him, he was a subsistence farmer. Over time, his sons sold the land, and continued to be farmers, never getting rich, and never passing down wealth. They couldn't even afford slaves if they wanted them.
    My own father passed away a few years ago, and left me a lot more debt than cash/property. No wealth was passed down, and I worked 7 days a week, at minimum 10 hours a day, for a decade, just to have a basic living. I only got 3 small weeklong vacations during that decade, and one was at the beginning, and one was at the end.
    Currently, I live pretty well, and am able to have a house in a good neighborhood, and send my kids to some of the better schools in the state. No one gave that to me - there was no "white man's club", and I worked for everything that I have. I never got any wealth passed down, and never had anyone give me any break because of skin color. If you knew me back when I was a teenager, you know that I started off in a worse position than a lot of minorities at the same time and place, but I worked my way up without help.

Where is this white privilege? It doesn't exist for almost any white males - unlike the claim by this manual. If you don't believe it, just look at the same economic figures that show the breakdown of wealth puts the vast majority in the top 1% (an if you break it down, most is in the top 0.1%), leaving the majority of white males in the same boat as everyone else. Everyone has to struggle to make it, and to waste time thinking that someone else is getting ahead of you is wasting the time that you could be using to make your own wealth larger.

Here's the numbers for you:
    Who Rules America: Wealth, Income, and Power
    Beyond the 1 percent | David Cay Johnston

People need to stop using excuses and focus on working to better their own lives. This "training" is even worse as it is being taught to those who are not in the top 20% of wealth in America. The people enlisting are all in the same boat - they aren't from money and privilege, so why would this even be helpful? The answer is that it is not helpful, nor was it ever designed to be helpful. None of it is promoting equal opportunity, intercultural communication, or religious, racial, gender, or ethnic diversity and pluralism. It simply is telling minorities to hate white males. That is not how you build unity or military teamwork. This manual is nothing more than racist hate speech.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

"I'll read a couple hand-selected excerpts from this 600pg manual and decide its racist, without first taking the entire course"

"White privilege doesn't exist. Let me give you a anecdote of my own personal experience as evidence."

The truth is, White privilege exists. White people understand it, black people understand it, Asians and Hispanics understand it. Anyone who understands or has studied american history or history in general understands it. Just because you may have not experienced it yourself or in your one county doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Lol. The whole reason it's becoming less and less of a thing is because we can learn about it. This forum might be the ones who would best benefit from such a course.

There's absolutely nothing racist about this story. It's only purpose though is to be politically divisive. It's pretty irresponsible for Fox to even repost this story. Tomorrow, nothing at all will happen. The course will still exist, people will continue to take it, and the people who read this story won't care anymore. The course will continue to serve its purpose, whether you choose to understand it or not.

The idea of white privilege extends a lot deeper than just "white people get better jobs/have more money etc etc" you could read more about it, but you won't.
    Last edited by .blank cd; 11-01-2013 at 05:37 PM.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Blank, the majority of my friends are minorities, many from other countries, many from here. None of them believe that there is a white privilege. Only one of my black friends believes in it.
    Look at the Chinese and Japanese and how they have been treated in this century. They don't preach this type of hate speech either. There is only a small segment of people trying to gain more power for themselves that preach this rhetoric.

The economic statistics speak the truth, and say the same story as my anecdotes. I guarantee that you had more advantages than I had given to me at the same age. I even went to school near where you live now. I managed to make it on my own with no help, why shouldn't others be able to do the same? I know several Chinese and Korean families that started with way less than I did, and they are all in much better financial shape than I am in now. They succeeded without blaming others for their situation, so why should it be different for anyone else?

I'm all for diversity, and inclusion, but not through an attack on a group based upon the color of their skin. Blaming the "white man" or anyone else doesn't do anything to help pull anyone out of a hole. Working hard gets you where you need to be. This is America, no one can hold back someone who want to make something of themselves.

Show me some proof of this white privilege. I haven't seen where I could take advantage of my skin color yet.

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    Blank, the majority of my friends are minorities, many from other countries, many from here. None of them believe that there is a white privilege. Only one of my black friends believes in it.
    Look at the Chinese and Japanese and how they have been treated in this century. They don't preach this type of hate speech either. There is only a small segment of people trying to gain more power for themselves that preach this rhetoric.

The economic statistics speak the truth, and say the same story as my anecdotes. I guarantee that you had more advantages than I had given to me at the same age. I even went to school near where you live now. I managed to make it on my own with no help, why shouldn't others be able to do the same? I know several Chinese and Korean families that started with way less than I did, and they are all in much better financial shape than I am in now. They succeeded without blaming others for their situation, so why should it be different for anyone else?

I'm all for diversity, and inclusion, but not through an attack on a group based upon the color of their skin. Blaming the "white man" or anyone else doesn't do anything to help pull anyone out of a hole. Working hard gets you where you need to be. This is America, no one can hold back someone who want to make something of themselves.

Show me some proof of this white privilege. I haven't seen where I could take advantage of my skin color yet.
    Why are you still trying to use your personal experiences as evidence? Just because I don't talk to my white friends about the idea of white privilege doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And it's not an attack on any particular race at all. And it's not just about you personally taking advantage of your skin color. It's not about "blaming the white man" and it's deeper than your own personal amount of ambition.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Why are you still trying to use your personal experiences as evidence? Just because I don't talk to my white friends about the idea of white privilege doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And it's not an attack on any particular race at all. And it's not just about you personally taking advantage of your skin color. It's not about "blaming the white man" and it's deeper than your own personal amount of ambition.
    The training implies that white people as a race have an unfair advantage. Where is the evidence of this actually existing? Not one white person that I know has been able to gain an advantage of white privilege, and I live in one of the wealthier zip codes in Georgia. Surely, if it existed, we would see it around where I live, right? Or are you trying to make a case that it is an advantage to be a poor white farmer in a rural area?

How about the economic statistics - they clearly show that the wealth is in the top 1%. Basic math tells you that you can't fit all of the "white people" into that top 1%. Show some current evidence of white privilege - not something from the Jim Crow period - something from our generation that we can see today in our own area.

Let me be clear - racism still exists, and will always continue to exist, but that is not the same as saying that being white automatically gives you more benefits. I am all for teaching about diversity, equal opportunity, etc, but I am never for promoting racially divisive teachings.

Here's a thought for you. If white privilege is a byproduct of institutionalized racism, what would affirmative action in police departments, fire departments and universities be considered as? The police department of Dayton, OH, lowered test standards for its black applicants in 2011, giving black applicants an advantage over non-black applicants (where is the fairness there?). Affirmative action has forced public and private universities to hire minorities regardless of their actual qualifications for the job. Both of those are examples of institutionalized racism that put white males at the disadvantage. That is direct contradictory evidence against the white privilege theory that you appear to advocate, yet this is clearly racist.

Ok. I give up. This course manual and the concept of white privilege is part of a grand conspiracy by a primarily white government to use anti-white propaganda to turn white people against white people. Fox and "RedAlertPolitics" should be nominated for a Peabody for its in-depth investigative journalism in uncovering it

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Blank is clueless as usual, not surprising.

Yep. Completely clueless. Big racist government conspiracy.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    Blank is clueless as usual, not surprising.
    Honest question.............

Is Blank not the dumbest "smart" person you've ever seen in your life?

This same message will be taught to 5 year olds in public schools.

"I'll read a couple hand-selected excerpts from this 600pg manual and decide its racist, without first taking the entire course"

"White privilege doesn't exist. Let me give you a anecdote of my own personal experience as evidence."

The truth is, White privilege exists. White people understand it, black people understand it, Asians and Hispanics understand it. Anyone who understands or has studied american history or history in general understands it. Just because you may have not experienced it yourself or in your one county doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Lol. The whole reason it's becoming less and less of a thing is because we can learn about it. This forum might be the ones who would best benefit from such a course.

There's absolutely nothing racist about this story. It's only purpose though is to be politically divisive. It's pretty irresponsible for Fox to even repost this story. Tomorrow, nothing at all will happen. The course will still exist, people will continue to take it, and the people who read this story won't care anymore. The course will continue to serve its purpose, whether you choose to understand it or not.

The idea of white privilege extends a lot deeper than just "white people get better jobs/have more money etc etc" you could read more about it, but you won't.

Blank may be even more radical than i originally expected. At first i thought he had too much pride to play the race victim card, but now he's going full blown Al Sharpton. Propaganda conquers all weak minds..... the government wouldnt be peddling this filth if it didnt work.

Ok. I give up. This course manual and the concept of white privilege is part of a grand conspiracy by a primarily white government to use anti-white propaganda to turn white people against white people. Fox and "RedAlertPolitics" should be nominated for a Peabody for its in-depth investigative journalism in uncovering it
    And that sarcastic statement is what I expected from you. No evidence, because there is none.

Since you claim that you studied psychology, tell me, what is the easiest way to get people to follow your ideologies and unite against the common good?

Since I already know that you don't know the answer, I'll give it to you. You tell them that someone else is the reason for their current situation, that you are on their side, but the other person/group is their enemy, and they are to blame for everything that bad that happens to them. It is a classic method to get the masses to back your position, and politicians have been using it long before the US existed.

Here's another thought for you. If white privilege was silently passing the power down from white Christian males to more white Christian males, what should our US Supreme Court look like right now? It should be made up of almost all white Christian males, and since they started out as all Protestant, they should primarily be that way, right? With the confirmation of Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court, there is not be a single Protestant Justice, although Protestants make up half the U.S. population and dominated the court for generations. Where is this white privilege in the highest court in the US? More importantly, why is over half the country's population no longer represented by those that share their same beliefs in a branch of the federal government?

Yep. Absolutely right.

Someone give David another medal for schooling me again

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You know. I never tried thinking about it and other things the way you guys do

I mean if racism existed, why haven't I been fire hosed in the middle of the street? Why have I had the same opportunities as all my black friends? The tough questions.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Yep. Absolutely right.

Someone give David another medal for schooling me again
    This is what David would look like if they gave out medals for schooling you.

You know. I never tried thinking about it and other things the way you guys do

I mean if racism existed, why haven't I been fire hosed in the middle of the street? Why have I had the same opportunities as all my black friends? The tough questions.

Have you been firehosed in the middle of the street for being black? When was this on the news? I want to see coverage.

What opportunities have been refused to you specifically on your skin color, yet were automatically given to white people based upon their skin color?

BTW - Do you realize that racism and white privilege are not synonymous? It seems that you are getting these arguments confused.

Racism exists - no one is saying that it doesn't. It is not as overt as it was in the past, but it is not eradicated. It is not isolated to just one race either.
    White privilege is a different topic.

Here is another thing to consider.
    If you take a Hispanic-American, and he wears a "Brown Pride" or "Aztec Pride" t-shirt, you don't see people of other races (including black and white people) saying anything about it. He's just a guy that is proud of his culture. A kid wearing one to school won't get kicked out.
    If you take a African-American, and he wears a "Black Power" t-shirt, you don't see people of other races (including black and white people) saying anything about it (well, you might find a few redneck racists that complain). He's just a guy that is proud of his culture. Unless he is a militant Black Panther or similar, it's usually a no-comment situation. A kid wearing one to school won't get kicked out.
    Now, take a white guy, and have him put on a "White Power" t-shirt. He will be called a redneck, racist, skinhead, Nazi, KKK, etc. - and if he is in the wrong place, he will get beaten. A kid wearing one is likely to get kicked out of school.

Now, what race is being treated unfairly? Why shouldn't everyone just have "American Pride"? The last that I checked, you and I have equal rights and opportunities under the law, and are both Americans. To me, I don't care what your skin color is, and see your actions as an American first.

Now, I'm going to pull a blank, and tell you that you can go research all of this instances, and that I'm not going to do your research for you.

You're absolutely right. The concept of white privilege doesn't exist because you haven't experienced it. I got it.

I'll just leave this here

wikipedia.org/wiki/White_privilege

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You're absolutely right. The concept of white privilege doesn't exist because you haven't experienced it. I got it.

There's no white privilege. There's simply white people living their lives and you needing to rationalize the gap between their success and the success of other groups.

No government on the planet, or in the history of this planet has ever been restricted by a population more than America has been by a white majority. No group of people have ever demanded as much freedom as the white majority in America. As our government makes the transition towards being totalitarian, it appears their strategy is to turn everyone against white people, bribe minorities to create a new class of government dependent people who will not seek to limit the growth of government and then sit back and let nature run its course as the white majority shrinks.

White supremacy, white privilege.... propaganda designed to cater to weak minds like your own. There is no white privilege. Your own arrogance and need to explain your shortcomings without taking responsibility for them is what makes you gravitate toward the culture of victimhood.

The ONLY institutional racism in America is that which caters to minorities.

You're absolutely right too. Wow. Both of you are on a roll with your anecdotal evidence and small sample sizes. Thanks for thoroughly schooling me on how it really is in America based on your own personal experiences. Now I'm absolutely positive the playing field is 110% level

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You're absolutely right too. Wow. Both of you are on a roll with your anecdotal evidence and small sample sizes. Thanks for thoroughly schooling on how it really is in America based on your own personal experiences.
    yeah, small sample size..... you know... world history..... of the entire planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    yeah, small sample size..... you know... world history..... of the entire planet.
    Well before you said you never experienced it, and David said he never experienced it, he said he never saw it happen in Dekalb or Decatur or something. So which is it, world history, or your personal experience? I'm confused here.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Wikipedia, where anyone can add anything that they want. Wonderful example - oh wait, it's not. You still have no factual basis, yet want to dismiss contrary evidence as it does not fit your narrative. Do you realize that it is a concept, and that is not the same as a recognized fact? Surely, you covered the difference when you were studying psychology, right?

Even Lewis Gordon and Eric Arnesen argue against the concept of white privilege - and they are both mentioned in your Wikipedia article. You didn't read the Wikipedia entry before you posted it, did you? What makes you more knowledgeable than them?

But since I know that you will ignore all that I typed (as you have previously done), let me query your intellect with this one pressing question at least - where is this benefit from being white, so that I can take a tangible advantage of it?

Well before you said you never experienced it, and David said he never experienced it, he said he never saw it happen in Dekalb or Decatur or something. So which is it, world history, or your personal experience? I'm confused here.
    Can you read????

What personal experience have i referenced????

I agree..... you are a very confused person.

You're absolutely right too. Wow. Both of you are on a roll with your anecdotal evidence and small sample sizes. Thanks for thoroughly schooling me on how it really is in America based on your own personal experiences. Now I'm absolutely positive the playing field is 110% level

Show some evidence to the contrary. You certainly haven't been able to do that so far.

Show me where I have an advantage over you due to skin color only.

Wikipedia, where anyone can add anything that they want. Wonderful example - oh wait, it's not. You still have no factual basis, yet want to dismiss contrary evidence as it does not fit your narrative. Do you realize that it is a concept, and that is not the same as a recognized fact? Surely, you covered the difference when you were studying psychology, right?
    ahh Wikipedia. The place often challenged when it contradicts your personal beliefs.

Even Lewis Gordon and Eric Arnesen argue against the concept of white privilege - and they are both mentioned in your Wikipedia article.
    So you didn't actually read what they said, and instead glossed over it. No one disputes the existence of white privilege at all, the only thing that's debated are its effects.

But since I know that you will ignore all that I typed (as you have previously done), let me query your intellect with this one pressing question at least - where is this benefit from being white, so that I can take a tangible advantage of it?
    And I'll probably continue ignoring it. I'm not interested in debating whether something exists or not when it exists and you don't understand it.

All I'm saying is that it's not controversial to teach aspects of equal opportunity to a god damn class that's learning about equal opportunity. No racially divisive teaching exists. That's really all the is to it.

*unsubscribed

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

ahh Wikipedia. The place often challenged when it contradicts your personal beliefs.

So you didn't actually read what they said, and instead glossed over it. No one disputes the existence of white privilege at all, the only thing that's debated are its effects.

And I'll probably continue ignoring it. I'm not interested in debating whether something exists or not when it exists and you don't understand it.

All I'm saying is that it's not controversial to teach aspects of equal opportunity to a god damn class that's learning about equal opportunity. No racially divisive teaching exists. That's really all the is to it.

*unsubscribed
    White privilege only exists in your imagination. It exists the same as neverland exists. Your inner racism is on display when you buy into these falsehoods.

How many times do I have to tell you guys you're absolutely right?

You both totally missed your calling as socio-political scientists and sociologists.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

How many times do I have to tell you guys you're absolutely right?

You both totally missed your calling as socio-political scientists and sociologists.
    Help me understand white privilege so that i can start reaping the benefits of being white.

Are you talking about being a part of the majority in a given country? Do chinese people have chinese privilege in china? Do mexicans have mexican privilege in mexico? Do africans have african privilege in africa?

If i move to china, will i be a victim of chinese supremacy?

Am I supposed to believe that it is a better source of fact that the actual economic statistics that I posted and that you ignored? You are quite a character. I get quite a laugh out of your lack of ability to put together a single fact to support your statements, yet you think that your opinion is fact.

I not only read it, I comprehended it (something that seems to outside of your abilities), and I did a little extra research. The mere fact that you think that it's existence isn't disputed shows that you have zero comprehension of what was stated in the article.

*unsubscribed
    Again, you cannot show a single piece of evidence for it's existence, yet you believe that you know more than white people about it. Your argument is that white males have an advantage being passed down from them from generation to generation, yet white males cannot actually observe this set of benefits, increase or decrease the advantage from it, or anything else. They should just feel guilty for having it, right? LOL

I have no problem with EO or diversity training. White privilege does not fall under that though. It's racist at its core.

Am I supposed to believe that it is a better source of fact that the actual economic statistics that I posted and that you ignored? You are quite a character. I get quite a laugh out of your lack of ability to put together a single fact to support your statements, yet you think that your opinion is fact.
    You can believe whatever you want to believe.

I not only read it, I comprehended it (something that seems to outside of your abilities), and I did a little extra research. The mere fact that you think that it's existence isn't disputed shows that you have zero comprehension of what was stated in the article.
    Ok. Well, if you read what they said, and comprehended it, then you know that the idea of white privilege isn't disputed at all. There's not debate about it. But I'm sure you read it just like you read the whole 600+pg EO training manual before you made assumptions about it.

I have no problem with EO or diversity training. White privilege does not fall under that though. It's racist at its core.
    That's fine. No one will ever make you take the course if you believe its racist from reading a few sentances from the book.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Ok. Well, if you read what they said, and comprehended it, then you know that the idea of white privilege isn't disputed at all. There's not debate about it. But I'm sure you read it just like you read the whole 600+pg EO training manual before you made assumptions about it.

That's fine. No one will ever make you take the course if you believe its racist from reading a few sentances from the book.
    Actually, they will make you take the course.........

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Actually, they will make you take the course.........
    No. They really won't. Don't sign up to be an EO officer, and you'll never have to take the course. Ever. It's really that simple.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

No. They really won't. Don't sign up to be an EO officer, and you'll never have to take the course. Ever. It's really that simple.
    How do i stop them from peddling this filth to children in public schools? How do i stop this radical government from indoctrinating children?

Don't send your kids to public school if you don't want them "indoctrinated"

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Don't send your kids to public school if you don't want them "indoctrinated"
    No need to quote indoctrinated..... this is the perfect example of what indoctrination is.

Targeting the youth...... Hitler would be impressed.

I will stick to believing in real facts, data, and statistics, instead of paranoid, narcissistic propaganda about white privilege.

It is disputed - you just don't realize that it is a concept, not factual. Where is that supporting evidence again? Oh yeah, you don't have any.

Do I need to read all 600+ pages when the training manual's own summary states it clearly?
    “Simply put, a healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian male receives many unearned advantages of social privilege, whereas a black, homosexual, atheist female in poor health receives many unearned disadvantages of social privilege.”

The officers sent to that training did not have the option to leave the course.

I have no problem with them teaching diversity or equal opportunity. Encouraging people to treat each other as equals and to not regard skin color as a positive or negative is a good thing to be teaching. Fostering distrust and telling someone to assume racism is everywhere and to be on the lookout for it is not a positive message promoting diversity and equal opportunity.
    You claim to have take psychology classes. Did your professors ever tell you that viewing someone with distrust would bring you closer together?

I will stick to believing in real facts, data, and statistics, instead of paranoid, narcissistic propaganda about white privilege.

It is disputed - you just don't realize that it is a concept, not factual. Where is that supporting evidence again? Oh yeah, you don't have any.

Do I need to read all 600+ pages when the training manual's own summary states it clearly?
    “Simply put, a healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian male receives many unearned advantages of social privilege, whereas a black, homosexual, atheist female in poor health receives many unearned disadvantages of social privilege.”

The officers sent to that training did not have the option to leave the course.

I have no problem with them teaching diversity or equal opportunity. Encouraging people to treat each other as equals and to not regard skin color as a positive or negative is a good thing to be teaching. Fostering distrust and telling someone to assume racism is everywhere and to be on the lookout for it is not a positive message promoting diversity and equal opportunity.
    You claim to have take psychology classes. Did your professors ever tell you that viewing someone with distrust would bring you closer together?
    Blank doesnt understand because Blank himself is the result of indoctrination like this. The government does things like this because it works. Blank is example of it's application.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast