Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pentagon training manual:

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    I will stick to believing in real facts, data, and statistics, instead of paranoid, narcissistic propaganda about white privilege.
    Thats your right

Do I need to read all 600+ pages when the training manual's own summary states it clearly?
    Unless you want to have an uninformed opinion about the situation

The officers sent to that training did not have the option to leave the course.
    You do not have to be an EO officer if you don't want to. The course is very optional. If you choose to become an EO officer, you have to learn about every aspect of equal opportunity and its history, which includes everything in this manual.

Did your professors ever tell you that viewing someone with distrust would bring you closer together?
    Nothing about any aspect of equal opportunity, the history of black discrimination or white privilege taught me to distrust white people. That's not its objective.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Thats your right
    And I believe that you have the right to whatever opinion that you wish to have also. Even if it (any belief) has absolutely no basis, you still have that right. I think that we agree on that.

Unless you want to have an uninformed opinion about the situation
    If you have to fully read every page of every article that we discuss, then you have an uninformed opinion on almost every topic, by that explanation.

You do not have to be an EO officer if you don't want to. The course is very optional. If you choose to become an EO officer, you have to learn about every aspect of equal opportunity and its history, which includes everything in this manual.
    Agreed.

Nothing about any aspect of equal opportunity, the history of black discrimination or white privilege taught me to distrust white people. That's not its objective.
    That's not what I asked.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

If you have to fully read every page of every article that we discuss, then you have an uninformed opinion on almost every topic, by that explanation.
    The fact is you made an opinion about what is taught in the EO course without actually reading the manual or taking the course. Thus, your opinion is uninformed.

That's not what I asked.
    What kind of answer are you looking for? I've never been taught to view anyone with distrust. No course material was racially divisive. Your question is kinda non-sequitur.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Senior Member | IA Veteran

The fact is you made an opinion about what is taught in the EO course without actually reading the manual or taking the course. Thus, your opinion is uninformed.

What kind of answer are you looking for? I've never been taught to view anyone with distrust. No course material was racially divisive. Your question is kinda non-sequitur.

Dont have to read the entire manual to form an opinion that the manual should not contain any racist anti-white rhetoric. Did you read every single page of every single piece of NAZI literature before forming an opinion about it?

I'm pretty sure that you didn't read the manual or take the course, so you don't know what it contains. What would that make your opinion? By your explanation, it would be uninformed.

The difference is that I actually have read racist text from the manual, and so, your argument is invalidated.

If you couldn't understand my original question, then you haven't taken any sociology courses. I asked one of the most basic questions.

Double post
    Last edited by .blank cd; 11-03-2013 at 01:16 PM.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I'm pretty sure that you didn't read the manual or take the course, so you don't know what it contains. What would that make your opinion? By your explanation, it would be uninformed.
    I don't have an opinion on the course, I haven't taken it. You read a couple sentances selected by Fox News and decided it and the material was racist. Your opinion that its racist is by that definition unquestionably uninformed.

If you couldn't understand my original question, then you haven't taken any sociology courses. I asked one of the most basic questions.
    Should I have to tell you again how absolutely 100% correct you guys are? I wish I was smart enough to go through life deciding the things I didn't know about were racist.

Your question was a complex question fallacy. It reads like "have you told your mom you beat your wife" where either a yes or no answer implies that you beat your wife. In the question "do your professors teach you that distrust brings people closer together?", either a yes or no answer would imply that I've been taught that distrust brings people closer together. So my answer is I've never been taught that distrust brings people closer together. And as much as I've learned about racial privilege and discrimination, I've never been taught any anti-white or black rhetoric.

In conclusion, until you've taken the course, read the 600+pg manual, you do not have an arguable opinion. Sorry. If you think what they teach in this course is racist anti white rhetoric, then write your congressman. I'm sure they would value the opinion of someone who's never taken the course or read the manual.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I don't have an opinion on the course, I haven't taken it. You read a couple sentances selected by Fox News and decided it and the material was racist. Your opinion that its racist is by that definition unquestionably uninformed.

Should I have to tell you again how absolutely 100% correct you guys are? I wish I was smart enough to go through life deciding the things I didn't know about were racist.

Your question was a complex question fallacy. It reads like "have you told your mom you beat your wife" where either a yes or no answer implies that you beat your wife. In the question "do your professors teach you that distrust brings people closer together?", either a yes or no answer would imply that I've been taught that distrust brings people closer together. So my answer is I've never been taught that distrust brings people closer together. And as much as I've learned about racial privilege and discrimination, I've never been taught any anti-white or black rhetoric.

In conclusion, until you've taken the course, read the 600+pg manual, you do not have an arguable opinion. Sorry. If you think what they teach in this course is racist anti white rhetoric, then write your congressman. I'm sure they would value the opinion of someone who's never taken the course or read the manual.
    The concept of white privilege is anti white rhetoric, so if you have learned about white privilege, then you have learned racist anti white rhetoric. White privilege does not exist. The term white privilege is conjured up by jealous, racist, minorities who need to rationalize their shortcomings vs the overall success of the white race. There is no such thing is white privilege. There is a white majority in the US. It is no different than any other country's majority other than the fact that American citizens, who are predominantly white, are the only citizens on earth who up to this point in history have controlled their government.

Is that white privilege? the fact that we're free and continue to demand freedom? The government is making the transition to quit answering to the demanding "privileged" white citizen and adjusted to buying the vote of the "victim"

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15
    Is that white privilege?
    No.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

No.
    Give me an example of white privilege then.

You really want to claim that you didn't state your opinion?
    "No racially divisive teaching exists." - You
    "No course material was racially divisive." - You

The sentences that I quoted are certainly racist propaganda. If you cannot see that, then I have to question if you really understand what racism actually is.
    If part of the manual is racist, then it has racist material in it. It's that simple.

You are reading too much into the question, and I can understand how you could. Just take the question completely away from this conversation, and I do not assume that you distrust people on skin color alone.
    My point was that sociology professors do not teach that fostering distrust will bring unity amongst both sides - because it is well-known that it won't. Teaching the false concept of white privilege will not bring whites and blacks closer together. Don't you agree that we should be finding positive ways to bring the groups together?

Looks like you will be avoiding the political section of this forum. By your own statement above, you really don't have an arguable opinion on any subject. Since you aren't white, and haven't experienced white privilege, why do you have an opinion at all on it? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Give me an example of white privilege then.
    He doesn't have one. I've already asked several times.

Blanks logic: even though your experiences are real they are merely anecdotal and don't align with the "facts" presented to me by professors, therefore they are opinions and I will dismiss them even though I have no real world relatable experience to base my opinion on.

edit
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 11-04-2013 at 09:09 AM.

and the result.............

BlankCD ladies and gentlemen.
    Seriously? Have you ever listened to Carville? If you ever had, you would have known this was not something that he would ever say, and is obviously false.

This is worse than what Blank does. Blank may spread disinformation on ideologies at times, but it is never an attack like using a false quote. This is not the first time that you have posted clearly false quotes - you need to check your sources before you start posting lies like this.

Carville is often brash, argumentative, and says controversial things, but he is not stupid.

snopes.com: James Carville Quote
    https://www.ijreview.com/2012/10/195...ally-clueless/

Seriously? Have you ever listened to Carville? If you ever had, you would have known this was not something that he would ever say, and is obviously false.

This is worse than what Blank does. Blank may spread disinformation on ideologies at times, but it is never an attack like using a false quote. This is not the first time that you have posted clearly false quotes - you need to check your sources before you start posting lies like this.

Carville is often brash, argumentative, and says controversial things, but he is not stupid.

snopes.com: James Carville Quote
    https://www.ijreview.com/2012/10/195...ally-clueless/
    Annoying.

Contents of the quote are true.

Annoying.

Contents of the quote are true.
    Show me where he said it. It is a false quotation, period.

Show me where he said it. It is a false quotation, period.
    I'm not disputing that.......

It annoys me when fake quotes are posted, i dont want to have to fact check everything i read.

with that said....... that quote, whoever said it, was a true statement.

Unlike Blank........ I do not WANT to spread disinformation and have no problem admitting a mistake. I delete posts whenever theyre not valid.

I'm not disputing that.......

It annoys me when fake quotes are posted, i dont want to have to fact check everything i read.

with that said....... that quote, whoever said it, was a true statement.

Unlike Blank........ I do not WANT to spread disinformation and have no problem admitting a mistake. I delete posts whenever theyre not valid.
    I'm glad you deleted it.

You really didn't see that it was an obvious falsified quote? There is no way Carville ever would have said anything even remotely like that. You do know who Carville is, right?

I'm glad you deleted it.

You really didn't see that it was an obvious falsified quote? There is no way Carville ever would have said anything even remotely like that. You do know who Carville is, right?
    Not really, the shoe fits. I believe the quote is true.... it just wasnt Carville that said it. Thinking back on it, you're right, Carville is way to seasoned at being a manipulate liar to be that honest in a quote.

Not really, the shoe fits. I believe the quote is true.... it just wasnt Carville that said it. Thinking back on it, you're right, Carville is way to seasoned at being a manipulate liar to be that honest in a quote.

By being intentionally attributed to Carville (it wasn't by mistake) that it makes it a falsified quote - i.e. an intentional malicious lie.

By being intentionally attributed to Carville (it wasn't by mistake) that it makes it a falsified quote - i.e. an intentional malicious lie.
    I agree and i do not like these tactics.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

I hate white people, they have the easy life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbow View Post
    I hate white people, they have the easy life.
    Amen
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Still waiting on an example or explanation of what white privilege is.

White privilege? anyone? I really need to find out what this is so i can start receiving these benefits....

I feel like i'm missing out on so many white privileges......

You support radical racist politicians, you support radical racists laws, you support institutional racism......

so blank, please explain to me what white privilege is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12