Thread: NC GOP Chair resigns after 'Daily Show' Interview

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

I'm sure someone will take the bait.

He should have resigned. Stupid comments show his ineptness .

I don't understand the racial aspect of voter ID. its such an easy argument to win it needs no racial undertones
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    He should have resigned. Stupid comments show his ineptness .

I don't understand the racial aspect of voter ID. its such an easy argument to win it needs no racial undertones
    This.

OK, I am going to jump on the grenade. Mostly because I am bored, but also because its a legitimate discussion as long as it can be kept on topic.

What part of requiring a voter to have an ID is racist, discriminatory, bigoted, or exceptionally exclusionary?

I ask because I have absolutely no clue. Funny that none of the people that have claimed its racist have pointed out anything specific either.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    OK, I am going to jump on the grenade. Mostly because I am bored, but also because its a legitimate discussion as long as it can be kept on topic.

What part of requiring a voter to have an ID is racist, discriminatory, bigoted, or exceptionally exclusionary?

I ask because I have absolutely no clue. Funny that none of the people that have claimed its racist have pointed out anything specific either.
    It's racists to ask people to have an ID because it disproportionately effects minorities who have been oppressed from obtaining an ID by white supremacy. So quit being a racist, buy a computer, get the internet, attempt to sign up for Obamacare and when that doesnt work, use your phone to call a call center which will then direct you back to the website you just left. If by some miracle you are able to get through, have your social security number, ID and a copy of your w2 ready.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post

bu villain actually presented a pretty well thought out argument about this in another thread on here a while back. I forget which thread it was but it was about the best argument I had heard against it other than "it's racist and exclusionary". I still didn't buy his argument, but I could at least see where he was coming from with it.

blank seems to be on a roll with the Daily Show lately. Not surprising because it's sadly where a lot of low-information Americans get their news. I thought this episode was interesting though.

Everybody Hates U.S. - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 10/24/13 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

But it leaves off this section

Everybody Hates U.S. - Nations be Spying, Yo - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 10/24/13 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

and this

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...et-and-lowdown