Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Obamacare and your premiums.

Default Obamacare and your premiums.

So how many of you have received your renewal notices and seen the increases due to the "Affordable" Care Act?

I got mine in the mail a few days ago with two options through my current provider:

A) Keep my current plan for one more year with a typical approx. 12% annual premium increase after which I will be forced onto an ACA compliant plan at my next renewal or

B) Renew with an ACA compliant plan now with a 100% premium increase which also includes a bunch of coverage I don't need or want.

From what little shopping around I have had time to do lately the premiums look pretty similar with other companies for my coverage as well. So much for that "you can keep your current plan" and "affordable" nonsense. I'm honestly considering just dropping coverage altogether for now and taking the hit on the fine since I have probably used my health insurance less than 5 times in the past 10 years, all of which I could have easily paid for out of pocket.

BCBS kept our premiums within a few cents thus far

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Just got the letter in the mail stating that my blue cross coverage offered by my employer will no longer be available, stating "the ongoing implementation of the affordable healthcare act will drive the cost of medical care up significantly, which will impact both you and your company".
    The cost of keeping BCBS would be "more than the company was willing to accept".

I will copy this letter and remove personal information if anyone doubts what i'm posting.

Thanx Obama.

Just got the letter in the mail stating that my blue cross coverage offered by my employer will no longer be available, stating "the ongoing implementation of the affordable healthcare act will drive the cost of medical care up significantly, which will impact both you and your company".
    The cost of keeping BCBS would be "more than the company was willing to accept".

I will copy this letter and remove personal information if anyone doubts what i'm posting.

Thanx Obama.

I'm sure someone will be along to explain that you're not losing coverage because of Obamacare, you're losing it because your greedy capitalist employer cares more about profits than it's employees or some other such nonsense.

the politics section is just not the same without blankcd, seems like everyone here is on the same side and no one is playing devil's advocate.

AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998

Quote Originally Posted by C230K View Post
    the politics section is just not the same without blankcd, seems like everyone here is on the same side and no one is playing devil's advocate.
    If blank is half as smart as blank thinks blank is...... he is hanging his head in shame and avoiding this section. The reality of Obama's failures is becoming too obvious to ignore, even for those who desperately want to ignore it.

I've been hearing former Obama supporters say "Romney was right" all week.

My premiums will go from $44.29 to $47.74.

My employer pays 87% of my heath plan and I will likely end up with even higher premiums because I have a Cadillac plan.
    Last edited by BanginJimmy; 10-19-2013 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C230K View Post
    Let me get my pants on...

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post

I'm sure someone will be along to explain that you're not losing coverage because of Obamacare, you're losing it because your greedy capitalist employer cares more about profits than it's employees or some other such nonsense.
    Capitalism? No. Not so sure much capitalism is going on here.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

I've been hearing former Obama supporters say "Romney was right" all week.
    RMoney was right. We should have called the ACA "Romneycare" instead of Obamacare. That would've made it so much better.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

LOL

As funny as this whole government website crash is..... be thankful it's not something important like our healthcare.......

oh wait........

well, at least you can sit back and take comfort in the fact that the government knows what's better for you better than you do.

Charles Krauthammer had an excellent talk with Stewart tonight about the nature of modern conservative/liberal dialogue.

It would benefit EVERYONE participating in this forum to watch it.

With your ears open.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I really like Krauthammer even though i have disagreed with him before.

Link?
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Probably just went up on thedailyshow.com. It was tonight's episode.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Charles Krauthammer had an excellent talk with Stewart tonight about the nature of modern conservative/liberal dialogue.

It would benefit EVERYONE participating in this forum to watch it.

With your ears open.
    You're really the only person with communication issues here.

This is how it usually goes....

Blank- 2+3=5

Opposition- 4+1=5 too.

Blank- typical fox news neo-conservative right wing hive mind. I'm right, it's not up for debate because south redneck anarchy ideology astrophysics post colonial muscular distribution. I'm out unless you need to be educated more.

Opposition- your stance makes no sense.

Blank- stance? What stance?? I didn't take a stance.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 10-24-2013 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    I really like Krauthammer even though i have disagreed with him before.

Link?
    Charles Krauthammer - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 10/23/13 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

No change.

Obamacare: More than 2 million people getting booted from existing health insurance plans - CBS News

(CBS News) CBS News has learned more than two million Americans have been told they cannot renew their current insurance policies -- more than triple the number of people said to be buying insurance under the new Affordable Care Act, commonly known as Obamacare.

There have been estimates about hundreds of thousands of people losing coverage, CBS News' Jan Crawford reported on "CBS This Morning." CBS News has reached out to insurance companies across the country to determine some of the real numbers -- and this is just the tip of the iceberg, Crawford said. The people who are opening the letters are shocked to learn they can't keep their insurance policies despite President Obama's assurances to the contrary.

The White House is on the defensive trying to explain it, after Mr. Obama repeatedly said, "If you like your doctor or health care plan, you can keep it."

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said, "What the president said and what everybody said all along is that there are going to be changes brought about by the Affordable Care Act to create minimum standards of coverage."

It's an unexpected reality of Obamacare being told through anecdotes in local papers and on social media. But the hard numbers reveal the evidence is far more than anecdotal. CBS News has confirmed with insurance companies across the country that more than two million people are getting notices they no longer can keep their existing plans. In California, there are 279,000; in Michigan, 140,000; Florida, 300,000; and in New Jersey, 800,000. And those numbers are certain to go even higher. Some companies who tell CBS News they've sent letters won't say how many.

Industry experts like Larry Levitt, of the Kaiser Family Foundation, say the insurance companies have no choice. "What we're seeing now is reality coming into play," he said.

Obamacare forces them to drop many of their plans that don't meet the law's 10 minimum standards, including maternity care, emergency visits, mental health treatment and even pediatric dental care.

That means consumers have to sign on to new plans even if they don't want or need the more generous coverage. Industry experts say about half the people getting the letters will pay more -- and half will pay less, thanks to taxpayer subsidies. Levitt said, "The winners outnumber the losers here, but because of all the website problems, it's hard to find out who the winners are because they don't even know it themselves."

And for the people who've gotten the letters, the broken website is a real problem, Crawford added on "CTM." They don't know what to do. They don't know if they get subsidies. And then there are others getting the letters who have very good insurance but are being told they can't keep it. Industry experts CBS News talked to say for everyone, the best bet is to just call their insurance companies to get the information.
    So much for that whole keeping your plan if you like it thing.

Its now being reported by "left" media outlets as well.

Its something that we have all been saying for years, since day 1 that the american voting population never understood. When you force private companies to pay more in costs they find ways to minimize those costs. They cut jobs, benefits, salaries, etc.

THIS IS ALL BY DESIGN. Obama and the Democrats NEED the private individuals to go to the exchange because they need their money to subsidize the poor. Again we dont focus on raising the poor out of poverty, we focus on taking from others to make the poor more comfortable.

This is what they want, they want the private insurance out of business so they can move to single payer, which isnt feasible and will never work in America
    -www.usedbarcode.net

When a single payer system eventually comes to the US, my guess will be around 2030-40, it will be the "conservatives" idea all along.

Thank you, based conservatives.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

And it would still not be feasible or able to work.

I also wasnt speaking in political parties. A bad law is a bad law no matter who came up with it. And youre wrong, the single payer system that GOP brainstormed back in 92-96 was not the same model that is being used now.

Romneycare also wasnt the same, and it has bankrupted MA and they are moving towards single payer. also, bad idea
    -www.usedbarcode.net

-www.usedbarcode.net

And it would still not be feasible or able to work.
    It will work, and staunch conservatives will say it was their idea the whole time. That's how they work. At least in the media. IRL, they typically work together to find a solution. Those are the kinda of things they don't tell you on Breitbart and Schiff blogs.

Romneycare also wasnt the same, and it has bankrupted MA
    False.

‘RomneyCare’ Facts and Falsehoods

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

It will work, and staunch conservatives will say it was their idea the whole time. That's how they work. At least in the media. IRL, they typically work together to find a solution. Those are the kinda of things they don't tell you on Breitbart and Schiff blogs.
    your opinion, but it wont work. you cant collect enough in taxes to pay for the care, its already been shown. If we ever get to single payer, you will see the economy implode, doctors retire, nurses and practioners pay cut, it would be disaster for the economy. Kind of like what we are seeing right now with Obamacare. Its hurting the economy, and shrinking hours for "poor"people, and terminating coverage. Everything it was deisgned to fix, its made worse.

Nice try

Single Payer System - Massachusetts & Vermont Consider Move Towards New HC Plan - Kelly File - YouTube

Romney care has failed to do anything it promised
    Romneycare foretells Obamacare failures | The Detroit News

“Coverage for the uninsured in the state exchange was more expensive than estimated,” says Josh Archambault, director of Health Care Policy at Massachusetts’ Pioneer Institute, of 20 percent cost over-runs that necessitated tax hikes. To control costs, he adds, Massachusetts also doubled down on exchange regulation, reducing customers’ choices.

What’s more, Romneycare inflated state health premiums that were already among the nation’s highest. Which is to say, while Romneycare has failed to reduce costs, its residents were already paying for a heavily regulated system. Not so for the rest of America, which is now witnessing sticker shock as Washington imposes Massachusetts-sized costs on everyone. Michigan premiums for an average family will grow 12 percent, according to exchange data compiled by the Heritage Foundation. Indiana’s premiums rise 26 percent; Florida’s 25 percent.

Massachusetts’ health entitlement spending ballooned to 40 percent of its budget (and you thought Michigan’s 25 percent was out of control). But didn’t all this spending lead to universal health coverage in Massachusetts? No. The state already had an unusually low 6 percent of its population uninsured. Romneycare has cut that number in half, mostly with hundreds of millions in government subsides. But coverage is still not universal.

Meanwhile, access to health care has declined.

If Romneycare predicted Obamacare’s high costs, it warns of worse: growing physician shortages as regulations drive caregivers from the market. A 2011 survey “by the Massachusetts Medical Society reveals that fewer than half of the state’s primary care practices are accepting new patients, down from 70 percent in 2007,” reports Anne-Marie Turner, president of the Galen Institute. “The average wait time for a routine checkup with an internist is 48 days. It takes 41 days to see an OB/GYN, up from 34” in one year.

This doctor shortage, driven by poor government reimbursement for health services, also has increased hospital emergency room visits, contradicting Obama’s — and Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder’s — claim that Medicaid expansion will reduce uncompensated care. Just 53 percent of internists and 62 percent of family physicians, for example, will see Massachusetts Medicaid patients.

“Insurance rates have continued to increase with more mandates like fertility coverage,” says Paul Bachman, director of research for Boston’s Beacon Hill Institute. “So now the governor has approved price controls that dictate that health costs can’t increase more than inflation.” That means more doctor shortages.

From The Detroit News: Romneycare foretells Obamacare failures | The Detroit News

Also you like to look at small snapshots and I dont know if its not in your wheelhouse, but you look forward. Costs rising, subsidies growing, medicare spending up 2 billion. Its not a good system and has only increased costs
    -www.usedbarcode.net

your opinion, but it wont work. you cant collect enough in taxes to pay for the care, its already been shown. If we ever get to single payer, you will see the economy implode, doctors retire, nurses and practioners pay cut, it would be disaster for the economy.
    Wow. The apocalypse will follow, fire, brimstone, the second coming of Christ, the final battle between good and evil, Cubs win World Series type of devastation, right?

LOL

Nice try
    Your claim that Romneycare has bankrupt MA was very false.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

hey, I was right about "You can keep your doctor " was a lie.

Im right that the new economy is now part time workers

Im right that the economy was not going to be back to normal after 4 years.

ive been right about a lot, and if you ahve any sense of business you know that with single payer , there is no private companies anymore.

Where do you think all the health insurance jobs go? GONE
    Where do you think doctors will go when the Govt tells them what they get paid? - GONE

Go look at any country close to USA population, healthcare is worse than here.

Just sit back, im confident im right.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

When Liberals dont understand that 2+2=4, its pointless.

You cant tax enough to pay for the single payer system, that is fact. we dont have to debate anything else, because itll always come back to paying for the single payer. Unless you want to go tell your poor people that they need to pony up another 10-15% in taxes to pay for govt healthcare.

Single Payer wont work, the country would collapse before that ever happened.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

LMAO

"I once got so many guaranteed customers purchasing my product, my costs went up and I had to retire."

Said no one ever.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

ive been right about a lot, and if you ahve any sense of business you know that with single payer , there is no private companies anymore.

Where do you think all the health insurance jobs go?
    Who cares? They'll assimilate.
    Where do you think doctors will go when the Govt tells them what they get paid?.
    I'll imagine they'll still keep doctoring. I couldn't imagine going to medical school for half my life, then saying "Fuck it. I'm done being a doctor."

But hey, I'm sure that's the reason why all the doctors in Europe and Canada quit. Not a single doctor left.

Right?

Oh wait.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Poor NHS Doctors. How are they possibly going to put food on the table with a meager $150,000 a year. Might have to play a really small violin here. LOL

"Salaried GPs who are part of a CCG earn between £54,319 to £81,969 dependent on, among other factors, length of service and experience."

Pay for doctors - NHS Careers

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

ok youre right, care wont change, everything will be perfect, doctors will voluntarily take paycuts to treat more patients (YEAH, give me MORE WORK FOR LESS PAY!), and you can ignore the fact that it costs money to cover more people, and you cannot tax enough people to pay for single payer.

With the rollout of the ACA, i cant wait to see single payer. Itll all be roses and rainbow farts
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Poor NHS Doctors. How are they possibly going to put food on the table with a meager $150,000 a year. Might have to play a really small violin here. LOL

"Salaried GPs who are part of a CCG earn between £54,319 to £81,969 dependent on, among other factors, length of service and experience."

Pay for doctors - NHS Careers
    spoken like a guy who has never had a 6 figure job, or the education to obtain one.

When it costs you $100k to go to medical school, and your job dictates you make $300,000, 150k is not enough. But liberal like you dont understand that. You live in a world where cost and pay dont exist. Everything grows on trees that the rich provide to the poor
    -www.usedbarcode.net

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

spoken like a guy who has never had a 6 figure job, or the education to obtain one.

A lot of people don't realize that 6 figures is not really a lot nowadays.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

"But sir, your plan will wipe out an entire industry to help less than 15% of the population".......
    Who cares? They'll assimilate.

When it costs you $100k to go to medical school, and your job dictates you make $300,000, 150k is not enough. But liberal like you dont understand that. You live in a world where cost and pay dont exist. Everything grows on trees that the rich provide to the poor
    Spoken like someone who knows absolutely nothing about medical school, it's job market, or economics. But it's not surprising

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    And your point?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast