Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aljazeera

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    And you're using a hasty generalization to support your own conclusion: Islam is filth.
    Actually, "Islam is filth" is not a generalization. Perhaps my "conclusion" that all muslims are filth is a generalization. A statement that i say in anger, but have already admitted that i know 100% of muslims are not bad people. The religion they follow is filth. They are guilty of ignorance, at least.

So if I look at all the atrocities committed in the name of Christianity, could I make the argument that Christianity is filth and everyone who follows it?
    Yes. Why do you feel i would answer any different? The modern day muslim has a lot in common with the crusading christian of the past. Society also has a pretty tight leash on christians and that leash remains long after the crusade has ended. There's a lot of questions and criticisms for christians to answer to.... i think a lot of christians are beginning to realize that. To my knowledge, i dont think there's an organized religion on this planet that i couldnt critique. Some more than others and Islam is easily and by extremely large margin at the top of that list.

If I look at all the atrocities committed in the name of being american, could I also say that being american is filth?
    Being an american doesnt really constitute anything. America by design is a group of individuals. You can be american and muslim at the same time, even though those ideas are contradictory to each other. America is also structured in a manner to where it's ever changing. Certain administrations of government are filth. Certain eras of history were filth. It would be very hard to place blame on the "american idea" though. The constitution is pure. America by design is pure. The corrupt actions of americans throughout history were actions not defined by our constitution. Our current president and current elected officials do not follow the rules of "being an american". Islam clearly defines and endorses the criminal actions committed by islamic extremist. All of these terrorists are not breaking the rules of islam, they are the ones following the letter of the law.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    I'm in the process of reading it. You gonna study with me? you gonna answer to the radical scripture??

Also, you must of thought that picture was a joke.... that actually is a wedding.... those men actually are marrying those underage girls. Why would you insult me for bringing this to your attention? you do realize that child marriage is a part of muslim culture right? as usual, your own ignorance is what causes hostility between us.
    Sure I will study it with you, make a thread and post DIRECT quotes from your readings, not that you found out of context on some anti-Islam site. You're so closed minded it's not even funny. You hate Muslims because some bad ones commit some bad crimes, sure the numbers are high, but Islam as a whole in its true form does not support these actions or encourage them.

Saying that marrying children is part of "Muslim culture" is the equivalent as me saying mortification is part of Christian culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbow View Post
    Sure I will study it with you, make a thread and post DIRECT quotes from your readings, not that you found out of context on some anti-Islam site. You're so closed minded it's not even funny. You hate Muslims because some bad ones commit some bad crimes, sure the numbers are high, but Islam as a whole in its true form does not support these actions or encourage them.

Saying that marrying children is part of "Muslim culture" is the equivalent as me saying mortification is part of Christian culture.
    This is going to be an eye opening experience for you. I'll start a thread at some point this week. I'll make sure to link direct scriptures so you can reference them.

What you're doing is an honest mistake. You're guilty of exactly what you accuse me of. Your opinion of muslims is based on a good "sample" of them, my disdain for muslims i admit is also based on a bad "sample" of them, but upon further investigation, i learned that these islamic radicals are following the letter of the law defined by their religion. They are not rogue individuals. The religion itself is corrupt.

This is going to be an eye opening experience for you. I'll start a thread at some point this week. I'll make sure to link direct scriptures so you can reference them.

What you're doing is an honest mistake. You're guilty of exactly what you accuse me of. Your opinion of muslims is based on a good "sample" of them, my disdain for muslims i admit is also based on a bad "sample" of them, but upon further investigation, i learned that these islamic radicals are following the letter of the law defined by their religion. They are not rogue individuals. The religion itself is corrupt.
    I'm not basing my feelings on who I have met, I am basing them on what I felt from when I read the Quran and really studied into it. I even started taking Arabic. I felt confused with half the stuff I heard after 9/11 and years following so felt the need to look into it myself, not by reading peoples opinions or things they "think" to be true, but to find out and interpret it myself. The fact that I know some Muslims holds no real meaning here, it simply was said since you made it out at first to be that ALL Muslims were radicals.

It's also ignorant for either of us to sit here and act like we can decipher Islam as a whole on a forum. There are many different areas in the religion that I have not even read on yet, it's not just one thing. Christianity is not just one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbow View Post
    It's also ignorant for either of us to sit here and act like we can decipher Islam as a whole on a forum. There are many different areas in the religion that I have not even read on yet, it's not just one thing. Christianity is not just one thing.
    To fully understand any religious work could take a lifetime depending on the person. We're not going to discover the mystery of the world by bantering back and forth over a forum, but deciphering some scripture could make for an interesting conversation. While i am going to shine a spot light on worst aspects of islam i can, i'll make sure the "islam thread" will not be a combative one like usual.

To fully understand any religious work could take a lifetime depending on the person. We're not going to discover the mystery of the world by bantering back and forth over a forum, but deciphering some scripture could make for an interesting conversation. While i am going to shine a spot light on worst aspects of islam i can, i'll make sure the "islam thread" will not be a combative one like usual.
    I look forward to it.

Actually, "Islam is filth" is not a generalization. Perhaps my "conclusion" that all muslims are filth is a generalization. A statement that i say in anger, but have already admitted that i know 100% of muslims are not bad people. The religion they follow is filth. They are guilty of ignorance, at least.

Yes. Why do you feel i would answer any different? The modern day muslim has a lot in common with the crusading christian of the past. Society also has a pretty tight leash on christians and that leash remains long after the crusade has ended. There's a lot of questions and criticisms for christians to answer to.... i think a lot of christians are beginning to realize that. To my knowledge, i dont think there's an organized religion on this planet that i couldnt critique. Some more than others and Islam is easily and by extremely large margin at the top of that list.

Being an american doesnt really constitute anything. America by design is a group of individuals. You can be american and muslim at the same time, even though those ideas are contradictory to each other. America is also structured in a manner to where it's ever changing. Certain administrations of government are filth. Certain eras of history were filth. It would be very hard to place blame on the "american idea" though. The constitution is pure. America by design is pure. The corrupt actions of americans throughout history were actions not defined by our constitution. Our current president and current elected officials do not follow the rules of "being an american". Islam clearly defines and endorses the criminal actions committed by islamic extremist. All of these terrorists are not breaking the rules of islam, they are the ones following the letter of the law.
    As long as you understand that all of this is a generalization and your own opinion. Not fact. It doesn't matter one bit to me that you're trying to justify your bigotry, only that you understand that's what you're doing.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

As long as you understand that all of this is a generalization and your own opinion. Not fact. It doesn't matter one bit to me that you're trying to justify your bigotry, only that you understand that's what you're doing.
    It's not bigotry. Perhaps you should understand the word you're using.

It's not bigotry. Perhaps you should understand the word you're using.
    Bigotry. I understand what it is. I used the right word.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Bigotry. I understand what it is. I used the right word.
    Clearly you dont. You openly bash anything you see fit, then claim victim status when someone bashes something you support. Are your views towards christianity bigotry?

Also, i'm more than aware that you're an ignorant douche, i have been aware of this for a while now, but if you still feel the need to confirm this to me, do it in the correct thread.

Default Aljazeera

Clearly you dont. You openly bash anything you see fit, then claim victim status when someone bashes something you support. Are your views towards christianity bigotry?

Also, i'm more than aware that you're an ignorant douche, i have been aware of this for a while now, but if you still feel the need to confirm this to me, do it in the correct thread.
    Definitely using the right word. My views on Christianity aren't bigotry. Mainly because I don't judge the whole based on the actions of the few

I don't need to confirm you're being a bigot anymore. Its not really up for debate. I've told you one time. That should be enough. You want to use sweeping generalizations to demonize an entire group of people, that's your prerogative. I'm just letting you know when you do that, its the textbook definition of bigotry. That's my last word on the issue, and I'm making a mention to the mods to delete the other thread since I can't do it myself.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Definitely using the right word. My views on Christianity aren't bigotry. Mainly because I don't judge the whole based on the actions of the few

I don't need to confirm you're being a bigot anymore. Its not really up for debate. I've told you one time. That should be enough. You want to use sweeping generalizations to demonize an entire group of people, that's your prerogative. I'm just letting you know when you do that, its the textbook definition of bigotry. That's my last word on the issue, and I'm making a mention to the mods to delete the other thread since I can't do it myself.
    alright captain save a hoe. I realize your feelings have been hurt. I'm sorry you're such a pussy.

I find it hilarious for you to be so butt hurt about an islam debate when there's 100 page threads of relentless christian bashing on this forum. Way to be a hypocrite.

Everything i have said or will say about Islam will come with direct quotes from the Quran. What are you so scared of? Why is this such a sensitive issue for you? There's clearly some personal connection here, you're unusually butt hurt and starting to come unraveled. I find it amusing.

Is it ok if I said white people are filth?
    Sure its okay to say that. Freedom of speech and personal beliefs. Personally I think the world population as a collective whole is filth. We are such a fucked up species that we will never change.

I agree with Sinfix to a degree. I dont have any qualms with Muslims themselves but the religion itself has very demeaning and fucked up directions.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123