Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aljazeera

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Lets back it up a notch. I understand the context as it's projected by republicans is exaggerated. I still think he's talking about muslims and i still disagree with it. I disagree with it more along the grounds of what hasnt been said, vs what he actually said. As my own rights continue to evaporate, i'm tired of seeing american politicians champion the causes of other countries.
    What you are really saying is that you don't like how Obama is in a rush to avenge the deaths of non-Americans in Syria, but not in a rush to avenge the deaths of Americans in Benghazi, right?
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    What you are really saying is that you don't like how Obama is in a rush to avenge the deaths of non-Americans in Syria, but not in a rush to avenge the deaths of Americans in Benghazi, right?
    Broader than that.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Because Islam is filth. They are the polar opposites of american values. Women and children are raped and murdered daily in the name of islam. Fathers give their daughters away to other men as young as age 9. Their laws condone rape and violence. They are the world leader in genocide and crimes against humanity. It makes me sick to my stomach to see how apologetic some americans are to muslims. Fuck every single muslim walking this planet.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbow View Post
    Wow.
    The optimistic side of me wants to believe that you are saying "wow, i cant believe muslims allow fathers to give away their 9 year old daughters"

The realistic side of me believes that you are saying "wow, i cant believe you insulted muslims"

The optimistic side of me wants to believe that you are saying "wow, i cant believe muslims allow fathers to give away their 9 year old daughters"

The realistic side of me believes that you are saying "wow, i cant believe you insulted muslims"
    It's more of "wow" your stupidity and rudeness amazes me. I did write more, but it was too rude for me so I deleted it and I don't care to fight.

If you truly believe that, that's your choice.

It's more of "wow" your stupidity and rudeness amazes me. I did write more, but it was too rude for me so I deleted it and I don't care to fight.

If you truly believe that, that's your choice.
    Yeah, me being rude is a crime against humanity. I'll work to be more polite and not be outraged by the rape and murder. When i see people get disfigured, children thrown off roof tops, or people's heads cut off... i'll slow down, take a deep breath and remember to be polite.

Yeah, me being rude is a crime against humanity. I'll work to be more polite and not be outraged by the rape and murder. When i see people get disfigured, children thrown off roof tops, or people's heads cut off... i'll slow down, take a deep breath and remember to be polite.
    You are still confused. The tragedies you see on the news "in the name of Islam" represent the extreme minority of a small sect of Islam. You're attributing the minority to the majority. That is called a hasty generalization.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    You are still confused. The tragedies you see on the news "in the name of Islam" represent the extreme minority of a small sect of Islam. You're attributing the minority to the majority. That is called a hasty generalization.
    The tragedies i see are endorsed by the Koran. It's not a generalization, it's calling an orange and orange. If you are a good, law abiding muslims citizen, then it is you who is confused, because there is no way to practice sharia law and united states law at the same time. They are conflicting ideas.

Your belief system is one big contradiction. In one thread you're saying minors arent developed enough to make decisions and then in another thread youre defending a religion that allows 9 year olds to be given away in marriage.

The tragedies i see are endorsed by the Koran. It's not a generalization, it's calling an orange and orange. If you are a good, law abiding muslims citizen, then it is you who is confused, because there is no way to practice sharia law and united states law at the same time. They are conflicting ideas.
    Have you read the Koran? What does it say about endorsing these tragedies? Do the majority of Muslims interpret the Koran this way?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Unless you've read the Quran you have no room to talk.

Research it, read the Quran, then tell me if every single Muslim is as you describe. I have Muslim friends and have even dated two Muslims, I've yet to meet one on the extreme side. I've met more extreme Christians than Muslims.

There's no point in even discussing our feelings, you will never open your eyes.

Research it, read the Quran, then tell me if every single Muslim is as you describe. I have Muslim friends and have even dated two Muslims, I've yet to meet one on the extreme side. I've met more extreme Christians than Muslims.

There's no point in even discussing our feelings, you will never open your eyes.
    I'm sure i could find at least one decent person in the KKK.....

The muslims that dated you are not real muslims, otherwise they wouldnt have dated you. A lot of people are religious by affiliation. Its your friends and exgirlfriends who need to research the religion they claim. They are the ones confused.

also, none of this guy's friends thought he was radical either.

Last edited by Sinfix_15; 09-05-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Have you read the Koran? What does it say about endorsing these tragedies? Do the majority of Muslims interpret the Koran this way?
    I'm in the process of picking at it. I've posted several scriptures already. Why continue if youre not going to address them.

Do i feel a majority of muslims interpret it literally? i hope not. Even if they arent living by the word, theyre a part of a "team" that is responsible for most of the world's genocide. Thousands of women and children get raped on behalf of islam. Thousands of americans have died in the name of islam. I've seen enough.

One persons interpretation. About a billion more to go. Better get started.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

One persons interpretation. About a billion more to go. Better get started.
    Islam allows 9 year olds to marry. Not only marry, but be given away. In our country, that is rape and a violation of civil rights.

Is the basis of your argument that muslims do not actually follow their religion?

Islam allows 9 year olds to marry. Not only marry, but be given away. In our country, that is rape and a violation of civil rights.

Is the basis of your argument that muslims do not actually follow their religion?
    Similar to almost every religion, the vast majority of adherents are not strict fundamentalists. So why are you judging an entire religion based on the actions of a small minority?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Similar to almost every religion, the vast majority of adherents are not strict fundamentalists. So why are you judging an entire religion based on the actions of a small minority?
    Why do you still question his stupidity? He has no basis for his beliefs, he's just a "good ol' Amurcan" with closed minded beliefs and extreme difficulty in understanding and/or processing anything that isn't in his everyday life.

because that "small minority" is the cause for millions of people suffering.

Why do you still question his stupidity? He has no basis for his beliefs, he's just a "good ol' Amurcan" with closed minded beliefs and extreme difficulty in understanding and/or processing anything that isn't in his everyday life.
    You think with your heart more than you do your mind. That's admirable, but foolish. One day you will take off the rose colored glasses and see the world for what it is.

This is Islam

because that "small minority" is the cause for millions of people suffering.
    So by that logic, its ok to generalize an entire group of people based on the actions of a few, if that few causes other people suffering?

Is it ok if I said white people are filth?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

It's possible to make someone un-bigoted.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You think with your heart more than you do your mind. That's admirable, but foolish. One day you will take off the rose colored glasses and see the world for what it is.

This is Islam
    Right. That's Islam.

Have you read the Koran?
    Have you?

Somehow I doubt the "extreme Christian" thing... But if you've met 12 Timothy McVeigh's, then damn... You need a new group of friends. I've never met an extremist on either side.

But I do agree with you on the Muslim aspect. I have many Muslim friends and I try to be as respectful as I can to their religion (as I can, I have read the Quran, but not studied it as in depth as I would like) and they have always returned the favor in kind to my religion. We may disagree on the messenger, but at least we agree on the same higher power.

I don't think all Muslims are Islamic extremist... But you can't deny all Islam extremist's are Muslim (yes, I feel dumb even having to type that).

So by that logic, its ok to generalize an entire group of people based on the actions of a few, if that few causes other people suffering?

Is it ok if I said white people are filth?
    I'm not basing my judgment on skin color. Practicing islam is a choice that people make. I judge them by the principles of their religion that they chose to be a part of. Every crime and action i criticize is an action by someone who claims they did it because of Islam.

Being white isnt a choice. Your analogy has no connection. Also, my stance against muslims is not bigotry. I have no prejudice, there is causation for my opinion. Or are we going to pretend that the majority of terrorism around the world isnt predominantly islamic?

Right. That's Islam.
    I know, and yes it is. I'm sorry that your casual experiences with claim to be muslims makes you ignore the genocide taking place in countries that are predominantly islamic.

I'm not basing my judgment on skin color. Practicing islam is a choice that people make. I judge them by the principles of their religion that they chose to be a part of. Every crime and action i criticize is an action by someone who claims they did it because of Islam.

Being white isnt a choice. Your analogy has no connection. Also, my stance against muslims is not bigotry. I have no prejudice, there is causation for my opinion. Or are we going to pretend that the majority of terrorism around the world isnt predominantly islamic?
    Practicing Islam is a choice, BUT, not all people who practice Islam are extremists as you make them out to be. It's down right ignorant to think that. Is it fair to say Islam has the highest majority of extremists out of religious groups? Sure. BUT, that doesn't mean every Muslim is a terrorist or believes in the BS nonsense these people fight for.

I know, and yes it is. I'm sorry that your casual experiences with claim to be muslims makes you ignore the genocide taking place in countries that are predominantly islamic.
    Casual experience with claim? What are you even talking about? You're saying the Muslims I know are just "fake" Muslims? lol I FULLY understand everything that goes on in those countries, what you fail to realize is that these extremists are just that, extremists, you show me straight from the Quran where it says half of these BS claims you find on Islamisthedevil.org.

To clarify a previous post, I didn't mean I know actual extremist Christians, I meant I knew more "Christians" that were more on the hostile/judging side than Muslims. I should not have used the word extremist.

Practicing Islam is a choice, BUT, not all people who practice Islam are extremists as you make them out to be. It's down right ignorant to think that. Is it fair to say Islam has the highest majority of extremists out of religious groups? Sure. BUT, that doesn't mean every Muslim is a terrorist or believes in the BS nonsense these people fight for.

Casual experience with claim? What are you even talking about? You're saying the Muslims I know are just "fake" Muslims? lol I FULLY understand everything that goes on in those countries, what you fail to realize is that these extremists are just that, extremists, you show me straight from the Quran where it says half of these BS claims you find on Islamisthedevil.org.

To clarify a previous post, I didn't mean I know actual extremist Christians, I meant I knew more "Christians" that were more on the hostile/judging side than Muslims. I should not have used the word extremist.

Obviously not 100% of all muslims are extremist. Most of the extremist on this planet are muslims. Most of the terrorists on this planet are muslims. The core values of Islam are extreme. The actions of islamic extremist are not radical individuals following their own path, they are following the instruction of their religious beliefs.

How many people have to die before islam can be criticized? does that number even exist for you? or will you always fall back on "theyre not all bad".

Nothing to see here.....

just a islamic wedding

Obviously not 100% of all muslims are extremist. Most of the extremist on this planet are muslims. Most of the terrorists on this planet are muslims. The core values of Islam are extreme. The actions of islamic extremist are not radical individuals following their own path, they are following the instruction of their religious beliefs.

How many people have to die before islam can be criticized? does that number even exist for you? or will you always fall back on "theyre not all bad".
    I will never stoop down to a level where I judge a whole culture based on the extreme actions of some claiming to be within.

Read the Quran and study up, then get back to me if you want a serious debate.

Nothing to see here.....

just a islamic wedding

Jesus you're stupid.

You're making a hasty generalization, so can I make hasty generalizations too? Or is it only the generalizations you want to make?

All Islam is filth because a few have killed some people.

So all white people are filth because a few have killed some people

All Christians are filth because a few have killed some people.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Anyone who doesn't like Obama is a fat redneck.

Obviously not 100% of all muslims are extremist. Most of the extremist on this planet are muslims.
    Sounds like you're stating this as a fact. Source?

Most of the terrorists on this planet are muslims.
    Source?

More generalization

How many people have to die before being white can be criticized?

How many people have to die before being Christian can be criticized?

How many people have to die before being an American can be criticized?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

I will never stoop down to a level where I judge a whole culture based on the extreme actions of some claiming to be within.

Read the Quran and study up, then get back to me if you want a serious debate.

Jesus you're stupid.

I'm in the process of reading it. You gonna study with me? you gonna answer to the radical scripture??

Also, you must of thought that picture was a joke.... that actually is a wedding.... those men actually are marrying those underage girls. Why would you insult me for bringing this to your attention? you do realize that child marriage is a part of muslim culture right? as usual, your own ignorance is what causes hostility between us.

Sounds like you're stating this as a fact. Source?

Source?

More generalization

How many people have to die before being white can be criticized?
    White people are criticized now even though they share a portion of negative statistics with 13% of the population. Being white isnt a choice, if you chose to criticize a person based on their skin color alone, you are a racist.

How many people have to die before being Christian can be criticized?
    Enough have already died, they deserve criticism today.

How many people have to die before being an American can be criticized?
    That number has been reached as well, proceed with the criticism.

Why do you feel like this is the type of shit that is going to make you win an argument over me? for someone who addresses my posts more than anyone else on this sight, you dont appear to read any of them. My views are as consistent as anyone you will ever meat. I am not selective in where i apply my beliefs. You keep trying to fit a square peg into a round whole when you paint me as your token conservative. I'm sorry you cant use your same tired ole "vs conservative redneck" argument here, you're gonna need new material. You on the other hand are very selective with what you believe. The topics you chose and chose not to stand up for says a lot about you.

Anyone who doesn't like Obama is a fat redneck.
    Obama's approval rating is dropping to historic levels. The numbers will paint him as the worst president in american history. Lot of fat rednecks in the world.

White people are criticized now even though they share a portion of negative statistics with 13% of the population. Being white isnt a choice, if you chose to criticize a person based on their skin color alone, you are a racist.

Enough have already died, they deserve criticism today.

That number has been reached as well, proceed with the criticism.

Why do you feel like this is the type of shit that is going to make you win an argument over me? for someone who addresses my posts more than anyone else on this sight, you dont appear to read any of them. My views are as consistent as anyone you will ever meat. I am not selective in where i apply my beliefs. You keep trying to fit a square peg into a round whole when you paint me as your token conservative. I'm sorry you cant use your same tired ole "vs conservative redneck" argument here, you're gonna need new material. You on the other hand are very selective with what you believe. The topics you chose and chose not to stand up for says a lot about you.
    You already lose the argument when you have to use logical fallacies and build straw men to support it. I'm just pointing it out to you.

And I'm not painting you as a token conservative anything. I don't think you've ever said anything remotely conservative

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You already lose the argument when you have to use logical fallacies and build straw men to support it. I'm just pointing it out to you.

And I'm not painting you as a token conservative anything. I don't think you've ever said anything remotely conservative
    Let me summarize your argument for you.

Me - look at all of this murder, rape and terrorism in the name of islam. Look at the religious scriptures that endorse murder, rape and terrorism.

you - There's a lot of muslims, not all of them murder, rape or terrorize. People do not really follow the religion they follow. (insert token conservative insult here)

Let me summarize your argument for you.

Me - look at all of this murder, rape and terrorism in the name of islam. Look at the religious scriptures that endorse murder, rape and terrorism.

you - There's a lot of muslims, not all of them murder, rape or terrorize. People do not really follow the religion they follow. (insert token conservative insult here)
    And you're using a hasty generalization to support your own conclusion: Islam is filth.

So if I look at all the atrocities committed in the name of Christianity, could I make the argument that Christianity is filth and everyone who follows it?

If I look at all the atrocities committed in the name of being american, could I also say that being american is filth?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast