Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 12 Teenagers rape 2 women in park

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Default 12 Teenagers rape 2 women in park

"Police say two women, ages 32 and 24, were reportedly attacked and sexually assaulted by a group of 10 to 12 black male juveniles in Kosciuszko Park at about 6:54 p.m. Thursday. According to police, the suspects, who range in age from 12 to 17-years-old, remain on the loose."Police: 2 Women Gang Raped By Juveniles In Wilmington Park « CBS Philly

How many bullets do you need to defend yourself against 12 attackers?

My wife's XD9 olds 16+1 and I think after here pulling the trigger 3-4 times the rest will scatter like roaches. Most criminal don't want to be met with resistance let alone a gun that's why most will flea when the victim is yeilding a weapon or defends themselves...
    People like this deserve to be shot in public maybe even hung that way others will think twice before committing the same crimes, thieves should have both there hands cut off. No reason to put animals like these in jail and have us feed them for the rest of they're life, just shoot them of hang them in public and set an example

Juveniles under 15 will most likely stay in juvi til they are 18 then be set free. The rest will likely do less than 10 years a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Juveniles under 15 will most likely stay in juvi til they are 18 then be set free. The rest will likely do less than 10 years a piece.
    We really need to change that law.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    We really need to change that law.
    Why?

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Why?
    Criminals need to be punished. If my 15 year old son committed this crime, i would beat him to death.

Why?
    Honest question. At what age do you believe a minor should be fully culpable for criminal activity? At 13, I believe a minor should be eligible for any punishment up to life with the possibility of parole. I believe any minor criminal should be eligible for parole eventually, no matter their crime. Eligibility does not mean they will be paroled.

Quote Originally Posted by 00CelicaGT View Post
    People like this deserve to be shot in public maybe even hung that way others will think twice before committing the same crimes, thieves should have both there hands cut off. No reason to put animals like these in jail and have us feed them for the rest of they're life, just shoot them of hang them in public and set an example
    I'll quote myself, this is what needs to happen to people like this... If someone is dumb enough to commit the same crime after witnessing a public hanging or shooting, then they can suffer the same fate. I have a close female friend that I've known since 5th grade that was a victim of rape by multiple people and its something that will really destroy a persons self-esteem, and life in general. It happen when we were in the 10th grade (2003) and she struggles with it everyday, she even contemplated suicide at one point but thankfully she didn't. It's really sad to see something like this happen to a person that was always happy, out going, confident. And just made everyone around her smile and to see that completely change is devastating. if you have never known someone close to you who was a victim of rape, then you will never know how damaging it can be. I show no remorse for these animals and they don't deserve due process not matter what the law states, kill them like roaches and move on no reason to incarcerate them.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Why?
    Seriously?

Why?
    Dude your an idiot, nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbow View Post
    Seriously?
    Was a serious question.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteAccord View Post
    I really don't even want to dignify this asinine comment with a response (for that matter, I don't even know why you'd enter this discussion when you're willingly subjecting yourself to verbal abuse) but for the sake of all the people who refuse to think logically, and have less than two brain cells to rub together, like yourself, I'll clarify my question.

Legal culpability of minors has been established through intense and rigorous study of the psychology of minors, thus, if you have a different idea of how the minor system should operate, hopefully you'll be backing up your appeal with more than just a crybaby response, ESPECIALLY before a full investigation of the situation has been completed.

So with that being said, what about the current system of legal culpability of minors do you believe should be changed, in light of this un-investigated incident, and why?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

And whiteaccord, if any, or, most likely, all of that went over your head, let me know and I'll dumb it down to a 1st grade level comment.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by 00CelicaGT View Post
    I show no remorse for these animals and they don't deserve due process not matter what the law states, kill them like roaches and move on no reason to incarcerate them.
    This type of shit scares me as there more than a few people who think this kind of stupid shit, that people shouldn't deserve due process. But it's my fault for expecting more than a modicum of intelligence from this subsection. It's completely absent in this post.

And someone let you carry a pistol...fuck me... You make a great case for intelligence testing for CCW permits.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but for once, Sinfix doesn't have the stupidest comment in the thread.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Honest question. At what age do you believe a minor should be fully culpable for criminal activity? At 13, I believe a minor should be eligible for any punishment up to life with the possibility of parole. I believe any minor criminal should be eligible for parole eventually, no matter their crime. Eligibility does not mean they will be paroled.
    We have a legal system designed for people younger than 18 for a reason. I'm not gonna let one yet-to-be-investigated situation change my opinion on our minor system. As far as my opinion on the legal culpability of minors, I do know what whatever my opinion is on the matter, it will be consistent across the board. So before you tell yourself you think 13 year olds should be eligible for life, ask yourself if if they should be able to consent to sex, drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, and join the military, because ALL of those things go hand in hand.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

We have a legal system designed for people younger than 18 for a reason. I'm not gonna let one yet-to-be-investigated situation change my opinion on our minor system.
    Are you saying that this is an isolated incident? That minors committing crimes, or more specifically sex crimes, is uncommon?

As far as my opinion on the legal culpability of minors, I do know what whatever my opinion is on the matter, it will be consistent across the board.
    Is this your way of not answering?

So before you tell yourself you think 13 year olds should be eligible for life, ask yourself if if they should be able to consent to sex, drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, and join the military, because ALL of those things go hand in hand.
    By those same standards 20y/o's shouldnt be eligible for life, so no, they dont go hand in hand. So what age do you think a person should be fully culpable? What age do you think someone has the mental capacity to understand right and wrong?

Are you saying that this is an isolated incident? That minors committing crimes, or more specifically sex crimes, is uncommon?
    What was the outcome of this case?

By those same standards 20y/o's shouldnt be eligible for life, so no, they dont go hand in hand. So what age do you think a person should be fully culpable? What age do you think someone has the mental capacity to understand right and wrong?
    Since there isn't a specific age, defined by anyone at all, I'm not gonna pretend like I know the answer, and I'm not gonna pretend like its 13. Lol. And yes, by anyone that's educated on the subject, they do go hand in hand. There's no debate about that, and its not something thats even arguable. I don't know where you pulled the 20 y/o analogy from or how it applies.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

What was the outcome of this case?
    What does this have to do with anything?

Since there isn't a specific age, defined by anyone at all, I'm not gonna pretend like I know the answer
    There are specific ages, defined by individual states. You finally admit to something you dont know though. Thats progress.

Lol. And yes, by anyone that's educated on the subject, the do go hand in hand. There's no debate about that
    As you have already pointed out, you dont know what you are talking about. You should have left it there. Why dont you point out 1 single reliable source that correlates joining the military, smoking, drinking and culpability in criminal activities. When you cant find one, come back and admit you are wrong.

As far as mental development goes, there is well documented proof that a normal human doesnt fully develop their decision making capabilities until somewhere between the age of 22 and 27 with 25 being the average.

Again, this doesnt mean you cant determine right and wrong, just fully developed decision making.

Harvard professor and researcher thinks our moral compass is the result of evolution.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/31/he...anted=all&_r=0

Researchers at Yale say babies as young as 6 months have this basic moral compass.
    Psychologists say babies know right from wrong even at six months

What does this have to do with anything?

There are specific ages, defined by individual states. You finally admit to something you dont know though. Thats progress.

As you have already pointed out, you dont know what you are talking about. You should have left it there. Why dont you point out 1 single reliable source that correlates joining the military, smoking, drinking and culpability in criminal activities. When you cant find one, come back and admit you are wrong.
    You want me to tell you why we don't let 13yr olds fuck, drink, smoke, join the military, and be tried as adults?

Are you being serious?

And no, my lack of an answer doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

Harvard professor and researcher thinks our moral compass is the result of evolution.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/31/he...anted=all&_r=0

Researchers at Yale say babies as young as 6 months have this basic moral compass.
    Psychologists say babies know right from wrong even at six months
    Do you understand the difference between mental culpability and morality? Should I explain to you why we don't let 6 month old babies drink or consent to sex or enter into legally binding contracts?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You want me to tell you why we don't let 13yr olds fuck, drink, smoke, join the military, and be tried as adults?

Are you being serious?

And no, my lack of an answer doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

Do you understand the difference between mental culpability and morality? Should I explain to you why we don't let 6 month old babies drink or consent to sex or enter into legally binding contracts?
    Another dodge huh?

LOL. This is how I know you're out of your league on this one. When you start referencing studies to rebut what I say that end up confirming what I say. Here's a little excerpt from the first article

Social animals, he believes, possess the rudiments of a moral system in that they can recognize cheating or deviations from expected behavior. But they generally lack the psychological mechanisms on which the pervasive reciprocity of human society is based, like the ability to remember bad behavior, quantify its costs, recall prior interactions with an individual and punish offenders. “Lions cooperate on the hunt, but there is no punishment for laggards,” Dr. Hauser said.
    Good read though. You should read the whole thing next time, and not just part of it.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Another dodge huh?
    Just making sure you know what you're asking. Making sure you know we're talking about one thing, and you're asking for information about a completely different subject.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Criminals need to be punished. If my 15 year old son committed this crime, i would beat him to death.
    I'm sure if you're of this mindset, something like this might not happen in the first place. But I'll ask anyway:

Are you also in favor of abandoning due process at the cost of human civilization?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I'm sure if you're of this mindset, something like this might not happen in the first place. But I'll ask anyway:

Are you also in favor of abandoning due process at the cost of human civilization?
    I am not in favor of abandoning due process. My own personal reaction is just that, my own personal reaction.

My perfect scenario in a situation such as this is that the 12 teenagers are all shot and killed on the spot while attempting to commit this crime. The criminal justice system should always be a 2nd line of defense behind self defense. The society i want is one where everyone is encouraged to defend themselves and their own communities and the fear of being out numbered by an armed society is the number one deterrent of criminal activity.

back to the topic, people are adults before theyre 18. Certain crimes should be treated the same way no matter who commits them. A judge can decide whether or not to show mercy to a younger criminal, but we shouldnt have a completely different set of rules for minors, It's absolutely ridiculous.

I am not in favor of abandoning due process. My own personal reaction is just that, my own personal reaction.

My perfect scenario in a situation such as this is that the 12 teenagers are all shot and killed on the spot while attempting to commit this crime. The criminal justice system should always be a 2nd line of defense behind self defense. The society i want is one where everyone is encouraged to defend themselves and their own communities and the fear of being out numbered by an armed society is the number one deterrent of criminal activity.

back to the topic, people are adults before theyre 18. Certain crimes should be treated the same way no matter who commits them. A judge can decide whether or not to show mercy to a younger criminal, but we shouldnt have a completely different set of rules for minors, It's absolutely ridiculous.
    Fair enough I guess.

But do you understand why it's the way it is?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

There should be no protection for minors.

If you commit a crime like this, you should face the fullest extent of the law. I don't see kids who commit crime ever offering society anything, so why give them a second chance?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteAccord View Post
    What's my an idiot?

You can join the military at 16. You can consent to sex anywhere from 14 to 18 depending on the state. Drinking is 21, older than any other instance you have mentioned. Smoking is 18. What does any of this have to do with knowing right from wrong?

As the articles I quoted point out, a basic sense of right and wrong are believed to be a function of evolution, meaning we all have it. Is it your contention that minors under the age of 18 do not know the difference?

LOL. This is how I know you're out of your league on this one. When you start referencing studies to rebut what I say that end up confirming what I say. Here's a little excerpt from the first article

Good read though. You should read the whole thing next time, and not just part of it.
    So lions dont understand the meaning of punishment for laziness. Apparently Americans dont either as we encourage it through gifts.

Just making sure you know what you're asking. Making sure you know we're talking about one thing, and you're asking for information about a completely different subject.
    At what age do you believe is reasonable for a kid to know gang rape is wrong?

There should be no protection for minors.

If you commit a crime like this, you should face the fullest extent of the law. I don't see kids who commit crime ever offering society anything, so why give them a second chance?
    So you believe a 12 year old who commits a crime should be equally as culpable as a 32 year old who commits a crime? Is your reasoning that you don't believe that anyone who commits a crime capable of ever contributing to society?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You can join the military at 16. You can consent to sex anywhere from 14 to 18 depending on the state. Drinking is 21, older than any other instance you have mentioned. Smoking is 18. What does any of this have to do with knowing right from wrong?
    Morality is a separate concept from these. This separate concept is why we don't let children consent to sex, smoke, drink, enter into legally binding contracts, and be tried as adults

As the articles I quoted point out, a basic sense of right and wrong are believed to be a function of evolution, meaning we all have it. Is it your contention that minors under the age of 18 do not know the difference?
    We don't punish people based on morality alone.

At what age do you believe is reasonable for a kid to know gang rape is wrong?
    I feel, that you're asking me two questions here. At what age do I think a kid knows gang rape is wrong, and at what age do I think it should carry a life sentance.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Fair enough I guess.

But do you understand why it's the way it is?
    Yes, but when the law was made, i doubt they intended for it to shield minors from criminal acts of this degree.

So you believe a 12 year old who commits a crime should be equally as culpable as a 32 year old who commits a crime? Is your reasoning that you don't believe that anyone who commits a crime capable of ever contributing to society?
    The judge can decide when and when not to show mercy, the 12 year old does not deserve a 2nd set of rules. Murder, rape and other violent attacks should all be viewed the same.

Yes, but when the law was made, i doubt they intended for it to shield minors from criminal acts of this degree.
    Without knowing legal history, I'm gonna say that rape and murder has been happening for quite some time.

The judge can decide when and when not to show mercy, the 12 year old does not deserve a 2nd set of rules. Murder, rape and other violent attacks should all be viewed the same.
    So how is that different than how it already happens?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

This type of shit scares me as there more than a few people who think this kind of stupid shit, that people shouldn't deserve due process. But it's my fault for expecting more than a modicum of intelligence from this subsection. It's completely absent in this post.

And someone let you carry a pistol...fuck me... You make a great case for intelligence testing for CCW permits.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but for once, Sinfix doesn't have the stupidest comment in the thread.
    Well this is my opinion, if you dnt like it that's fine you dnt have to agree. There's a lot of things I dnt agree with and that's life... But let's be real here we know things like this happen everyday and the penalties for these crimes are not severe enough, because most times they get out of jail to only commit these crimes again. We all know that majority of people who are in jail have been in jail more then 5 times. I have 3 sisters, a daughter, a mother, cousins, etc... If you or any other person committed a rape against these people you wouldn't have to worry about the law punishing you. There's a really good movie called Law Abiding Citizen and while he took the law into his own hands and was radical it made a good point about our judicial system. That point being its flawed! Again if you dnt agree that's fine, that's you're right.

And yes the great state of GA and the 2nd amendment allows me to carry a firearm, but unlike most citizens in this country I dnt live in a bubble. There are plenty of low life's out there looking to take advantage of someone to make a quick dollar because they're too lazy to work for what they want. Like I said before most criminals look for the easy target and when met with resistance (a gun to the face or someone brave enough to fight back) most will flea, I'm no vigilante I don't go looking for trouble or trying to be a super hero that's a LEO's job. But if Trouble was to find me or my family We're prepared.

People dnt have to agree with me and my views, and ill never run for any public office to try and implement my views. But I garuntee you if we were to have public shooting and hanging's people would think twice before committing some of these crimes.

Without knowing legal history, I'm gonna say that rape and murder has been happening for quite some time.

So how is that different than how it already happens?
    The legal tape that protects minors should be removed for certain crimes. When 100% of "minors" who commit violent crimes are tried as adults, i will be happy.

I'm sure the number of minors committing violent rape and murder is a less unique now than it was throughout history.

Yes, I don't believe someone who can rape am individual should have a second chance. Call me close minded but there's something wrong with that person and it will always be there.

If you're 12 years old you know right from wrong and there's no excuse to not at least be handled as an adult.

If you're a kid and you steal from Wal Mart and get caught, that's complete different than committing a violent crime.

Yes, I don't believe someone who can rape am individual should have a second chance. Call me close minded but there's something wrong with that person and it will always be there.

If you're 12 years old you know right from wrong and there's no excuse to not at least be handled as an adult.

If you're a kid and you steal from Wal Mart and get caught, that's complete different than committing a violent crime.
    This I agree with 100%

Islander

Are you being serious?
    "In Germany, At 14 - minors are allowed to consume and possess undistilled (fermented) alcoholic beverages, such as beer and wine, as long as they are in the company of their parents or a legal guardian.
    At 16 - minors are allowed to consume and possess undistilled (fermented) alcoholic beverages, such as beer and wine without their parents or a legal guardian.
    At 18 - having become adults, people are allowed access to distilled liquor.

The age of consent in Spain is 13, as specified by the Spanish Penal Code, Article 181. However, if deceit is used in gaining the consent of a minor under 16 years an individual can be charged under Article 183(1) upon parental complaint. The ages of consent vary by jurisdiction across Europe. Spain (age 13) has the lowest age limit, while Malta and Turkey are at the highest end (both age 18).

The European Union recommends the smoking age limit to be set at 18. Currently 22 of the 27 states have applied this limit. The limit remains at 16 in Austria, Malta, Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg" - source, Wikipedia

Are European Children different than our Children?
    And if you believe some US children don't fuck, smoke or drink at 13, then you are veeerryyyy delusional.
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

Quote Originally Posted by ISAtlanta300 View Post
    "In Germany, At 14 - minors are allowed to consume and possess undistilled (fermented) alcoholic beverages, such as beer and wine, as long as they are in the company of their parents or a legal guardian.
    At 16 - minors are allowed to consume and possess undistilled (fermented) alcoholic beverages, such as beer and wine without their parents or a legal guardian.
    At 18 - having become adults, people are allowed access to distilled liquor.

The age of consent in Spain is 13, as specified by the Spanish Penal Code, Article 181. However, if deceit is used in gaining the consent of a minor under 16 years an individual can be charged under Article 183(1) upon parental complaint. The ages of consent vary by jurisdiction across Europe. Spain (age 13) has the lowest age limit, while Malta and Turkey are at the highest end (both age 18).

The European Union recommends the smoking age limit to be set at 18. Currently 22 of the 27 states have applied this limit. The limit remains at 16 in Austria, Malta, Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg" - source, Wikipedia
    What about any of that refutes what I said?

Are European Children different than our Children?
    Short answer: yes

And if you believe some US children don't fuck, smoke or drink at 13, then you are veeerryyyy delusional.
    Where did I say I believed 13 y/o's didnt do any of that? Could you quote that for me?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Jesus Fucking Christ. Reading this thread makes me want to eat a bullet.

Why should crimes have different consequences because of age? If I kill someone or a 13yr old kills someone, are they less dead because the 13yr old killed them?

I think justice should be dispensed the same way I handle women. If you're a woman, you can slap me with an open hand all day long. I may get mad, but I ain't beating dat ass down. I'll just restrain you 'till you come to your senses... If you're man enough to hit me with a closed fist... Well then you're man enough to be hit like a man.

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Jesus Fucking Christ. Reading this thread makes me want to eat a bullet.

Why should crimes have different consequences because of age? If I kill someone or a 13yr old kills someone, are they less dead because the 13yr old killed them?

I think justice should be dispensed the same way I handle women. If you're a woman, you can slap me with an open hand all day long. I may get mad, but I ain't beating dat ass down. I'll just restrain you 'till you come to your senses... If you're man enough to hit me with a closed fist... Well then you're man enough to be hit like a man.

Think about it.
    I've dated some violent crazy bitches in my day. I've been punched/kicked ect by girls ive dated and didnt hit them back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast