Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 12 Teenagers rape 2 women in park

Islander

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Even though doctors say they are?

Would you allow your daughter to consent to sex now? When she's 5? When she's 12? When she's 18?

Why or why not?
    What does that have to do with the mental capacity to understand that rape and murder are wrong?

Did you understand that murder and rape, and theft were wrong at, say age 9? age 11? age 13? why or why not?

Again, these were not kids playing doctor. These were kids participating in the brutal rape of two women that ended putting them up in the hospital. If that doesn't trigger a "wait a minute.... this is wrong...i'm out of here" reaction then like Sinflix say, they don't deserve to live. Are you really saying that they did not know that they were doing something wrong so they don't deserve punishment?

This isn't about consenting to sex or understanding a contract. This is about committing a crime. Two different mindsets. Two different parts of the brain.
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

Quote Originally Posted by ISAtlanta300 View Post
    This isn't about consenting to sex or understanding a contract. This is about committing a crime. Two different mindsets. Two different parts of the brain.
    I understand the way you feel, but doctors and psychologists would disagree with you.

The reason center of your brain is the one charged with understanding the consequences of your actions and quantifying their costs. This center of the brain is less developed in younger people. There's simply more to it than just knowing right from wrong. Sorry.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Senior Member | IA Veteran

I understand the way you feel, but doctors and psychologists would disagree with you.

The reason center of your brain is the one charged with understanding the consequences of your actions and quantifying their costs. This center of the brain is less developed in younger people. There's simply more to it than just knowing right from wrong. Sorry.
    And this section of the brain jump starts on your 18th birthday?

Islander

"Ignorance of the law is no excuse to break it". I don't understand the consequences of my actions if I, say, embezzle money from the government. But I am aware there is some type of punishment for it. Doesn't mean it's an excuse for me to go do it. Same with a 13 year old. Doesn't matter if they understand the consequences, they KNOW there IS a consequence, and NOT a good one!.

Kids understand consequences of doing right and wrong since they started walking, Blank. They know they would get spanked, grounded, time out, punished for certain actions. So I honestly don't believe that a 13 year old doesn't understand that breaking the law gets him more punishment than simply being grounded and toys taken away. This isn't shoplifting or drinking a beer. This is intentionally hurting someone else through one's action.

Quote Originally Posted by ISAtlanta300 View Post
    "Ignorance of the law is no excuse to break it". I don't understand the consequences of my actions if I, say, embezzle money from the government. But I am aware there is some type of punishment for it. Doesn't mean it's an excuse for me to go do it. Same with a 13 year old. Doesn't matter if they understand the consequences, they KNOW there IS a consequence, and NOT a good one!.

Kids understand consequences of doing right and wrong since they started walking, Blank. They know they would get spanked, grounded, time out, punished for certain actions. So I honestly don't believe that a 13 year old doesn't understand that breaking the law gets him more punishment than simply being grounded and toys taken away. This isn't shoplifting or drinking a beer. This is intentionally hurting someone else through one's action.
    I know what you feel like kids should know. But the physiology says something completely different.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    And this section of the brain jump starts on your 18th birthday?
    Nope. Some later than others. I could make a case that it should be generally later than 18, and maybe in some ways younger, but it seems that 18 is the line that we've drawn, as a society that says the amount of time it generally takes to get your shit together enough to be fully autonomous.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Nope. Some later than others. I could make a case that it should be generally later than 18, and maybe in some ways younger, but it seems that 18 is the line that we've drawn, as a society that says the amount of time it generally takes to get your shit together enough to be fully autonomous.
    So we should stop sending children into combat?

So we should stop sending children into combat?
    Are you asking if I think the age to enlist should be older than 18? I think the mind of a lot of 17 and 18 year olds are still quite impressionable, and, as someone who was "recruited" before, I think the recruitment process takes advantage of that. I think they gloss over a lot of facts in order to get you to join. I think if, in the face of all the pros and cons, its very possible for an 18 year old to come to a rational decision.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Are you asking if I think the age to enlist should be older than 18? I think the mind of a lot of 17 and 18 year olds are still quite impressionable, and, as someone who was "recruited" before, I think the recruitment process takes advantage of that. I think they gloss over a lot of facts in order to get you to join. I think if, in the face of all the pros and cons, its very possible for an 18 year old to come to a rational decision.
    And when a 17 year old and a 15 year old shoot a toddler in the face, they should both be released after a short stint in juvi? or one or the other? why or why not?

And when a 17 year old and a 15 year old shoot a toddler in the face, they should both be released after a short stint in juvi? or one or the other? why or why not?
    It's entirely possible to evaluate them, psychologically. Through that process is what will determine if they get tried as adults or minors.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

It's entirely possible to evaluate them, psychologically. Through that process is what will determine if they get tried as adults or minors.
    does it really matter? if a retarded person kills 50 people with a butcher knife and makes throw rugs out of their skin, what should we do with that person?

Texan who killed man raping his daughter will not face murder charge - Washington Times

Father stops the rape of his daughter, beats attacker to death. Justice served...

This is the justice I seek for criminals like this

more innocent teens, slap them on the wrist and let them go, they dont know any better...

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...nclick_check=1

Islander

So does the psychological evaluation make the crimes more forgivable? Why or why not?

Does it make a difference to the toddler, who is still dead?

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

LOL....

Quote Originally Posted by Elbow View Post
    LOL....
    Don't understand what's funny. This is what already happens. Don't know if you're aware of it or not.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Don't understand what's funny. This is what already happens. Don't know if you're aware of it or not.
    I am aware, it's just funny how stupid it is when I read it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123