Big Bang
    Spherical Earth
    Religion

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    So you think we work now to make society better? define productive.
    I think most people do work to make society better whether they enjoy it or not. My life is better because someone built a road, or practiced medicine, or taught me math. Productive as in the common usage. Having an outcome that is markedly different from before the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    YOu are changing the question.
    Well you already answered the previous one so consider it a follow up.

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    Ok, so here is your illogical and irrational answer.

Half will still work to improve their lives. Half will be lazy.

How did I come up with that? With no logic or reason - just made it up. That's what you want though, right?
    Yes, that is what I wanted although a little more on the though process that got you there would have been great. Anyways, thanks for at least answering.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    I think society would always evolve it's definition of necessity regardless of what was provided. If we provided food and shelter so that people only worked for what they wanted, then people without cellphones would say they needed cellphones, then people without SUVs would say they needed SUVs, then people without swimming pools would say they needed swimming pools. Productive people would continue to be productive and unproductive people would continue to be unproductive. The only thing you would accomplish is whatever peace of mind you get from knowing that unproductive members of society wont be starving because of their actions.
    In my scenario, the level of free shelter, water, and food would never change no matter how much people clamored for it.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    Yes, that is what I wanted although a little more on the though process that got you there would have been great. Anyways, thanks for at least answering.

In my scenario, the level of free shelter, water, and food would never change no matter how much people clamored for it.
    society wouldnt change.... what is offered wouldnt matter to the productive members of society, they would work for better shelter, better water and better food. The unproductive members of society would still have the same victim mindset and not be happy with what they have. Current society demonstrates this. People in america are not content living in the most prosperous nation on earth, they always want what someone else has. If we provided the entire country with a free honda civic, people would still steal corvettes.

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Ummm...

Evolution
    Heliocentricity
    Gravitation
    Thermodynamics
    Abiogenesis
    Big Bang
    Spherical Earth
    Religion
    I don't think you understand what "factually" means if you think that you answered the question seriously.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

society wouldnt change.... what is offered wouldnt matter to the productive members of society, they would work for better shelter, better water and better food. The unproductive members of society would still have the same victim mindset and not be happy with what they have. Current society demonstrates this. People in america are not content living in the most prosperous nation on earth, they always want what someone else has. If we provided the entire country with a free honda civic, people would still steal corvettes.
    Hmm, I can say for myself that how I lived my life would change. I would have pursued a different path than the relatively high paying career I am now in. Do you not think there are enough people like me that it would create a significant difference? What about all the minimum wage jobs? Would people still be pursuing those jobs like they do now?

Hmm, I can say for myself that how I lived my life would change. I would have pursued a different path than the relatively high paying career I am now in. Do you not think there are enough people like me that it would create a significant difference? What about all the minimum wage jobs? Would people still be pursuing those jobs like they do now?
    You're asking questions that society is already answering. People would get dumber, less ambitious, less motivated and less productive. Government aid is on the rise, society is on the decline. Connect the dots.

I don't think you understand what "factually" means if you think that you answered the question seriously.
    All of those started as a philosophical question at one point. This isn't a debatable opinion, so what are you asking?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

All of those started as a philosophical question at one point. This isn't a debatable opinion, so what are you asking?
    Not all of those were facts of sciience. Are you claiming that you were offering extra information outside the scope of the question?

Not all of those were facts of sciience. Are you claiming that you were offering extra information outside the scope of the question?
    All of the science concepts are facts now. All of those concepts, including religion, we're at one point philosophical questions. I was just rebutting Vtec that many things in life we know of as facts today were in some way illogical at one point, thus, philosophical questions can be, and have been productive discussion.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You're asking questions that society is already answering. People would get dumber, less ambitious, less motivated and less productive. Government aid is on the rise, society is on the decline. Connect the dots.
    I think society is currently giving insights but is far from answering these questions completely. The people working because they have to, still greatly outnumbers those who are satisfied with what not working brings. By you saying "society is on the decline", that makes it sound as if you think a society where no one has to work would be a bad thing. But that seems to contradict your statement that you don't care if people do nothing as long as you don't have to pay for it. Can you explain further in the context of a society where no one has to work and you don't have to pay for it?

All of the science concepts are facts now. All of those concepts, including religion, we're at one point philosophical questions. I was just rebutting Vtec that many things in life we know of as facts today were in some way illogical at one point, thus, philosophical questions can be, and have been productive discussion.
    So, the theory of evolution is now recognized as fact? The Big Bang is no longer a theory? Religion is somehow scientific?

I simply asked for factual scientific examples, nothing more. Your response did not include only those examples, hence my statement, which you appear to confirm with your follow-up.

So, the theory of evolution is now recognized as fact?
    Its recognized as both, yes.
    The Big Bang is no longer a theory?
    Both.
    Religion is somehow scientific?
    No

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I think society is currently giving insights but is far from answering these questions completely. The people working because they have to, still greatly outnumbers those who are satisfied with what not working brings. By you saying "society is on the decline", that makes it sound as if you think a society where no one has to work would be a bad thing. But that seems to contradict your statement that you don't care if people do nothing as long as you don't have to pay for it. Can you explain further in the context of a society where no one has to work and you don't have to pay for it?

Its hard to think about this scenario because it's impossible. If the current welfare model was sustainable without me having to pay for it, i wouldnt care about it. Every bum in every welfare village could sit at home and do nothing. As long as they dont drag me down, i dont care.

Its hard to think about this scenario because it's impossible. If the current welfare model was sustainable without me having to pay for it, i wouldnt care about it. Every bum in every welfare village could sit at home and do nothing. As long as they dont drag me down, i dont care.
    Cool, sorry if I made your head hurt. Thanks for answering.

Cool, sorry if I made your head hurt. Thanks for answering.
    Playing your fantasy game doesnt make my head hurt, realizing this fantasy fiction game is how liberals really solve political issues is what makes me head hurt.

I know how to fix the economy! lets sell unicorn rides to pixie dust fairy land.

Playing your fantasy game doesnt make my head hurt, realizing this fantasy fiction game is how liberals really solve political issues is what makes me head hurt.
    Yes but I proposed this fantasy fiction game knowing that you are unable to play it without tying it to political ideologies so I accept responsibility for that.

I know how to fix the economy! lets sell unicorn rides to pixie dust fairy land.
    You've really succeeded in marginalizing education huh?

Fortunately this is how smart people solve political issues, in actual reality, for thousands of years.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Yes but I proposed this fantasy fiction game knowing that you are unable to play it without tying it to political ideologies so I accept responsibility for that.
    Eventually the kid grows up and finds out that santa isnt real. I forgot that liberals never grow up, so apologies for that.

You've really succeeded in marginalizing education huh?

Fortunately this is how smart people solve political issues, in actual reality, for thousands of years.
    by asking "what if we could do something that wasnt possible?" or "what if we can accomplish something with two things that completely contradict each other?"

He's unable to play it because it forces him to identify with a method of thinking that pundits have coerced him to fundamentally reject.

Being smart is now a "liberal" quality.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

by asking "what if we could do something that wasnt possible?" or "what if we can accomplish something with two things that completely contradict each other?"
    Every single thing you interact with in life was at one point impossible.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Every single thing you interact with in life was at one point impossible.
    Well, good luck on the quest to support all of humanity without anyone working for it. The day you accomplish it, i'll become a democrat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123