Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oprah

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Default Oprah

To put this article in context, Oprah publicly said that a store treated her with racism and told her that she couldnt afford something in the store because she was black. Well.... the owner of said store had the encounter on camera and it was nothing like Oprah's account. Oprah has publicly apologized for this false accusation of racism.

I suppose Oprah's racism will be treated the same way as Paula Deen's right??? oh right... this is america, we have a double standard here.

FLASHBACK, 2005 RACISM HOAX: Oprah Makes False Racism Charges Against Store To Promote Movie – Just Like Now! « Pat Dollard

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    To put this article in context, Oprah publicly said that a store treated her with racism and told her that she couldnt afford something in the store because she was black. Well.... the owner of said store had the encounter on camera and it was nothing like Oprah's account. Oprah has publicly apologized for this false accusation of racism.

I suppose Oprah's racism will be treated the same way as Paula Deen's right??? oh right... this is america, we have a double standard here.

FLASHBACK, 2005 RACISM HOAX: Oprah Makes False Racism Charges Against Store To Promote Movie – Just Like Now! « Pat Dollard

Did Oprah say "niggers"?

404 DOUBLE STANDARD NOT FOUND. CASES ARE UNEQUAL.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Did Oprah say "niggers"?

I suppose falsely accusing someone of racism and using your political power and influence to slander them doesnt carry the same weight as letting a racial slur fly 20 years ago.

Would you rather be called the n word or have someone with millions of viewers slander your place of business?
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 08-13-2013 at 05:01 PM.

I agree, the cases are unequal. What Oprah did was much worse. She broke the 9th Commandment.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

I suppose falsely accusing someone of racism and using your political power and influence to slander them doesnt carry the same weight as letting a racial slur fly 20 years ago.

Would you rather be called the n word or have someone with millions of viewers slander your place of business?

The lesson to be learned is, if you run a business, and someone asks to buy something from you, the wrong thing to do is assume they can't afford it. No one will truly know why the store keeper assumed she couldn't afford it but the store keep.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

The lesson to be learned is, if you run a business, and someone asks to buy something from you, the wrong thing to do is assume they can't afford it. No one will truly know why the store keeper assumed she couldn't afford it but the store keep.
    Learn to read before you speak child. This is your biggest problem...... you know everything, but you dont know shit.

Nobody told Oprah she couldnt afford anything. Nobody treated Oprah with any level of disrespect. What Oprah said happened was 100% fiction and made up. If not for the store owner having it on camera, Oprah would be able to stand on her lie. Nothing even remotely in the ballpark of what Oprah said happened. It was a blatant lie. Not a misunderstanding.... not mistaken identity..... it was Oprah making up a lie to promote racism. She's a prettier Al Sharpton, nothing more. Racism is a business.... it should be open traded on the stock market.

The lesson to be learned here is that you're a moron as usual. Here you are giving advice on lessons to be learned when you dont have a clue what youre talking about. Business as usual for Blankcd, the village idiot.

I'm gonna start keeping count of the dumb shit you say.

The store owner didnt tell Oprah she couldnt afford anything. We're not playing a guessing game here as to why the store owner said what she said....... Oprah made up a blatant lie.

I'm gonna start keeping count of the dumb shit you say.
    Sinfix - 2

Blank CD - 0

Hope that helps.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

And the fact that you would even reference Pat Dollard shows your complete incompetence and unwavering disregard for facts. I'll admit that I didnt read the story. I couldnt give less of a fuck. That just goes to show how utterly insignificant this story is to anyones life and how much of a racist you are, and how much of a race baiter Pat Dollard is.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I hadn't heard anywhere that the incident itself was on video, but that in no way means it doesn't exist. What I find humorous in all this is, PETA's 2008 Person of the Year (Oprah) was considering buying a crocodile skin bag before all this "racism" popped up. LOL

Do as I say, not as I do...
    Last edited by Echonova; 08-13-2013 at 06:31 PM.

And the fact that you would even reference Pat Dollard shows your complete incompetence and unwavering disregard for facts. I'll admit that I didnt read the story. I couldnt give less of a fuck. That just goes to show how utterly insignificant this story is to anyones life and how much of a racist you are, and how much of a race baiter Pat Dollard is.
    So you admit that you arrogantly and self righteously projected your own biased opinion into a topic that you were completely ignorant of. Then you proceed to arrogantly and self righteously call others ignorant even after you admit your own ignorance, but you do it with the disclaimer that you didnt care. You then proceed to discredit the source of an article, in which you admittedly did not read before commenting and casting judgement.

I feel my work here is done. I know i'm beating a dead horse when i say this.... because everyone is already aware of it.... but you are a moron. The biggest hoax on IA is your perceived intelligence. It's become a joke. Just know that everyone is laughing AT you... not with you. You are a perfect representation of the typical democratic voter and everything that is wrong with society today. You're a window into the soul of the uneducated left wing liberal democrat.

So you admit that you arrogantly and self righteously projected your own biased opinion into a topic that you were completely ignorant of. Then you proceed to arrogantly and self righteously call others ignorant even after you admit your own ignorance, but you do it with the disclaimer that you didnt care. You then proceed to discredit the source of an article, in which you admittedly did not read before commenting and casting judgement.
    Damn right I discredited that article. But I don't think you understand what an opinion is. My posts stand as still the most coherent group of words in this thread so far.

I feel my work here is done. I know i'm beating a dead horse when i say this.... because everyone is already aware of it.... but you are a moron. The biggest hoax on IA is your perceived intelligence. It's become a joke. Just know that everyone is laughing AT you... not with you. You are a perfect representation of the typical democratic voter and everything that is wrong with society today. You're a window into the soul of the uneducated left wing liberal democrat.
    Thats your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Damn right I discredited that article. But I don't think you understand what an opinion is. My posts stand as still the most coherent group of words in this thread so far.

Thats your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it.
    So you discredit an article without reading it as false, even though Oprah herself has already admitted it and publicly apologized for it. A story you commented on without having any information what so ever. Without having any knowledge at all of this story, you formed an opinion and came to a conclusion. While forming your opinion, based on nothing more than the air between your ears, you also decided to discredit a news source just for the hell of it. Even in the wake of unquestionable, indefensible ignorance and utter stupidity, you still maintain your self righteousness.

This is why media bias exists.... you and people like you. Logic, facts, information.... reality.... these things get in the way of your thought process. You are told what to think and you think it. You believe what you believe regardless of the evidence present. The liberal media doesnt carry the burden of accuracy or truth.... they just keep confirming your bias for you and you spoon it up.

ps... 3.

So you discredit an article without reading it as false, even though Oprah herself has already admitted it and publicly apologized for it. A story you commented on without having any information what so ever. Without having any knowledge at all of this story, you formed an opinion and came to a conclusion. While forming your opinion, based on nothing more than the air between your ears, you also decided to discredit a news source just for the hell of it. Even in the wake of unquestionable, indefensible ignorance and utter stupidity, you still maintain your self righteousness.
    Would you like me to read it first, and then discredit it? Pat Dollard strikes me as someone who is very consistent with their bullshit and the typical [insert willfully ignorant faux "conservative" descriptor here] opinion blogger, having glanced at other articles of his, I have a strong feeling it will be the same.

ps... 3.
    Are you counting up your own dumb shit now? Cause I believe you're up to 137 now.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

For the sake of Sinfix's extra blathering, I sat down and read Pat Dollards website

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Dollard's BS Article
    Racism Hoax?
    Im gonna stop right the fuck there before I lose any more brain cells

Can anyone identify what type of journalism leads with an open ended question? This ties into our other thread about this topic, and this was a good opportunity to point this out. This isn't proper writing style at all, and you'd flunk out of any kind of journalism class for doing just this. This right here is the crux of the ENTIRE pseudo-conservative movement. All of this anti-Obama bullshit was bourne by this very clever piece of literary garbage right here.

Anyone?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Would you like me to read it first, and then discredit it? Pat Dollard strikes me as someone who is very consistent with their bullshit and the typical [insert willfully ignorant faux "conservative" descriptor here] opinion blogger, having glanced at other articles of his, I have a strong feeling it will be the same.

Are you counting up your own dumb shit now? Cause I believe you're up to 137 now.
    I really feel my work here is done. Of all the threads... who would have thought one about Oprah would be the one where you officially and indefensibly revealed yourself as the blind liberal sheep that you are. Maybe one day you will think for yourself, have an original thought and realize the error of your ways. In the meantime i guess you're content just confirming your own biases and sowing your roots deeper into the democrat plantation.

I really feel my work here is done. Of all the threads... who would have thought one about Oprah would be the one where you officially and indefensibly revealed yourself as the blind liberal sheep that you are. Maybe one day you will think for yourself, have an original thought and realize the error of your ways. In the meantime i guess you're content just confirming your own biases and sowing your roots deeper into the democrat plantation.
    197. You're climbing up there pretty quickly.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

197. You're climbing up there pretty quickly.
    Do as you're told. Think what you're supposed to think. Just how the democrats planned it.

Do as you're told. Think what you're supposed to think. Just how the democrats planned it.

Have you ever had a thought of your own? Or does Pat/Rush/Hannity/O'Reiley do your thinking for you?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Have you ever had a thought of your own? Or does Pat/Rush/Hannity/O'Reiley do your thinking for you?
    You're the one who filters everything that isnt elitist left wing biased. I observe all media outlets. My negative opinions of most of the people you unconditionally support is based on their own words on their own stations.... not what fox has to say about them. You view politics as a team sport and you support your team. Facts, logic, right or wrong... doesnt matter. You stand on the democratic plantation with your pompoms screaming "go team".....

This is no accident. You're programmed to be you. This clever scheme has been in the works long before you were born. One day you will start thinking for yourself and you will probably be a halfway decent guy.

i am for certain that i read 10x more news than you do from a variety of different sources. This is kind an obvious statement to make, seeing as how most of the media has a liberal bias, but most of the media i observe has a liberal bias. I actually watch Al Sharpton's program to form an opinion of him. I'm not just following the curriculum that was handed to me as you do on your democratic plantation.

Guys, we are getting way off-topic here...

If Oprah had bought the bag, would she have sang this song on her Gulfstream coming back home?

interesting article that partially addresses this Oprah ordeal.

11 Liberal Rules for Racism in America - John Hawkins - Page full

So, let's take a look at earlier statements. According to blank, anything on Pat Dollard's site doesn't even need to be read to be discredited, yet he just recently wanted everyone to accept statements from mediamatters.org as gospel when they speak about FNC. Nevermind that mediamatters.org openly puts in the sidebar of their page, "Our research section features in-depth media analysis, original reports illustrating skewed or inadequate coverage of important issues, thorough debunking of conservative falsehoods that find their way into coverage and other special projects from Media Matters' research department."
    That's just objective journalism with no media bias, right?

Just in case you forgot: http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...l#post39331010

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    So, let's take a look at earlier statements. According to blank, anything on Pat Dollard's site doesn't even need to be read to be discredited, yet he just recently wanted everyone to accept statements from mediamatters.org as gospel when they speak about FNC. Nevermind that mediamatters.org openly puts in the sidebar of their page, "Our research section features in-depth media analysis, original reports illustrating skewed or inadequate coverage of important issues, thorough debunking of conservative falsehoods that find their way into coverage and other special projects from Media Matters' research department."
    That's just objective journalism with no media bias, right?

Just in case you forgot: http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...l#post39331010
    Are you guys really that willfully ignorant that you can't discern the difference between a blog and what's not a blog? That I'm supposed to hold Pat Dollard to the same standard of journalism as mediamatters.org? Do you honestly believe media matters is "liberal"?

Are you seriously suggesting there are no "conservative" falsehoods that make their way into the news?

And I don't think I mentioned in that post that I wanted you to accept anything. You're supposed to do that on your own without me telling you.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Are you guys really that willfully ignorant that you can't discern the difference between a blog and what's not a blog? That I'm supposed to hold Pat Dollard to the same standard of journalism as mediamatters.org? Do you honestly believe media matters is "liberal"?

Are you seriously suggesting there are no "conservative" falsehoods that make their way into the news?

And I don't think I mentioned in that post that I wanted you to accept anything. You're supposed to do that on your own without me telling you.
    "Racism Hoax?"
    Now read what you posted again.

You think that MM is not liberal?
    Pat Dollard is blog / opinion site. MediaMatters proclaims to be a research group TARGETING conservative groups. I would think that they should be held to a higher standard. If you don't, you need to reassess your thought process, in my opinion.
    I wish that I didn't have to tell you that, but apparently, you need to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    "Racism Hoax?"
    Now read what you posted again.
    What I posted were questions within a dialogue. "Racism Hoax?" is a headline to an editorial, which was sold to Sinfix as news. Do you understand the difference? Do you understand what's wrong with what was done in this case?

You think that MM is not liberal?
    Pat Dollard is blog / opinion site. MediaMatters proclaims to be a research group TARGETING conservative groups.
    Conservative groups, or conservative misinformation? These are two different things, and you're saying one thing, the website says another.
    I would think that they should be held to a higher standard.
    Yes, MM should be held to a higher standard of journalism. Just because a site debunks misinformation of a conservative nature, as they claim, does not make them liberal.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

What I posted were questions within a dialogue. "Racism Hoax?" is a headline to an editorial, which was sold to Sinfix as news. Do you understand the difference? Do you understand what's wrong with what was done in this case?

Conservative groups, or conservative misinformation? These are two different things, and you're saying one thing, the website says another.
    Yes, MM should be held to a higher standard of journalism. Just because a site debunks misinformation of a conservative nature, as they claim, does not make them liberal.
    Why not debunk all falsehoods told by the media left or right then?

All I see is Fox

Fox

Fox

Fox

Fox

Conservatives hates gays

Fox

Fox

Oprah hasn't been black since 89

What it has come to is now, no matter how not racist a situation is, if you're a person of color, and you have an altercation with someone who is white , its automatically rracist.

This is what I am gathering from the actions of prominent black people with influence and the media reporting it(or lack of reporting).

It is impossible for a white person to just be rude, they HAVE to be racist now.

Its a shame because all it does is water down real racism and bigotry. Oprah was wrong, shopkeeper doesnt have to sell her anything. Rude isnt the same as racism . she used it as a crutch
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I also think she knows any publicity is good publicity before a movie opening she stars in
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post

All I see is Fox

Fox

Fox

Fox

Fox

Conservatives hates gays

Fox

Fox
    Maybe MM believes "conservative" misinformation is more persistent, more harmful than "liberal" misinformation? The way I see it, the right is guilty of something completely different than the left when it comes to journalism. The right tends to editorialize and the left tends to sensationalize, they both do it to get views, and its both shitty ways to present information, but I believe editorialism is more dangerous to journalistic integrity than sensationalism. It's still up to you to pick through the BS.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Maybe MM believes "conservative" misinformation is more persistent, more harmful than "liberal" misinformation? The way I see it, the right is guilty of something completely different than the left when it comes to journalism. The right tends to editorialize and the left tends to sensationalize, they both do it to get views, and its both shitty ways to present information, but I believe editorialism is more dangerous to journalistic integrity than sensationalism. It's still up to you to pick through the BS.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post

All I see is Fox

Fox

Fox

Fox

Fox

Conservatives hates gays

Fox

Fox

For a look at the same site for the right, check out the media research center.
    Media Research Center

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    You are looking at media matters. They are as far left as you can get and by no means reputable.

For a look at the same site for the right, check out the media research center.
    Media Research Center
    LOL

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Its a shame because all it does is water down real racism and bigotry.
    This is what it has come to for me. Claims of racism are funny to me these days. Look over the last 5 years at claims of racism, how many were real, how many were just blowhards looking to make a buck?

AshTray, Obama's professor buddy, voter ID, any attack against Obama. Its just funny. Blank gave up trying to rationalize how an ID to vote is racist. He wont admit that he has no rational justification, but his lack of reasonable responses is proof of it. In fan, I am going to bump that thread back to the top in case he just forgot about it.

AshTray, Obama's professor buddy, voter ID, any attack against Obama. Its just funny. Blank gave up trying to rationalize how an ID to vote is racist. He wont admit that he has no rational justification, but his lack of reasonable responses is proof of it. In fan, I am going to bump that thread back to the top in case he just forgot about it.
    Why would I try to rationalize how voter ID is racist? I've never claimed it was.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

AshTray.
    Hmm. It's no wonder people think the right are such purveyors of only the most factual and non racist information. Keep it classy.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Why would I try to rationalize how voter ID is racist? I've never claimed it was.
    I actually bumped the wrong thread. Got to find the right one when I get some time. Maybe tomorrow after work, maybe this weekend.

Hmm. It's no wonder people think the right are such purveyors of only the most factual and non racist information. Keep it classy.
    Like I said, I find these claims of racism funny. Maybe one day, when your dreams of racial injustice fade, you will look back and realize just how much the race pimps and those that believe their BS has retarded real advancement towards a post racial society. Some day you will realize how the most vocal among the black community are the ones hurting the black community the most. Maybe one day there will be a black leader that will actually tell the black community the truth, that the wounds their community is suffering are by and large self inflicted. Maybe some day this leader will come out and tell the 'victims' in the black community to shut up and their their own lives in order before complaining about others holding them down.

I wont hold my breath for that leader to come around. Even if he does, he will be demonized by the black community and those same people that profit from the black community living in a permanent victim status.

Like I said, I find these claims of racism funny. Maybe one day, when your dreams of racial injustice fade, you will look back and realize just how much the race pimps and those that believe their BS has retarded real advancement towards a post racial society.
    What dreams of racial injustice? LOL

Is someone on here posting comments as me and then deleting them?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast