Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
They could be doing more, you are right. But until I haven't seen the evidence that they are. I'm not going to trust them but I'm also not going to assume something of which I have no proof of.

All you have to do is post evidence that they are listening to the content of all those calls and I will agree with you. I'm basing it on the evidence I have heard, that's all. It sounds like maybe I just haven't heard all the details. No reason to assume I know everything that you know about this. It sounds like I'm just misinformed. I have no particular love for Obama. I didn't even vote for him last time around.
Let's think about this for a minute.

The NSA has lied, under oath, to Congress concerning this DOMESTIC SPYING program and its capabilities. Not just once, but multiple times, over several years, and as recently as in March 2013, when the NSA chief point-blank lied to Congress when asked specifically about it. Don't take my word for it, hear or read it yourself:
NSA Chief Denies Wired's Domestic Spying Story (Fourteen Times) In Congressional Hearing - Forbes

Now, considering that they had no problems lying to Congress, what makes you think that they are telling you the truth when they say that they do not listen to domestic phone calls or read domestic internet communications?

Rodgers gave his speech yesterday where he declared that the NSA is not reading your emails. He is partially correct. The NSA is not sitting there reading your emails - that would take way too long. What they do have are data centers that run programs on internet communications, including emails, scanning for terms, words, etc, that need more scrutiny. Applications can do this tedious work much more efficiently than humans. Need evidence? Look at the new data center in Utah.
NSA's Utah Home Is A 1.5 Million Square Foot 'Spy Center'

Of course, the NSA is denying that the center will be used for domestic spying. Instead, they want to say that it is to protect against cyberthreats. Anyone that works in computer software knows that the NSA is not the group that has the most impact on cyberthreats - its CERT, and they are not in Utah, and not part of the NSA - they are part of FEMA.