Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Default Bill Cosby

Bill Cosby: We Should All Be More Like Muslims - Fox Nation

The iconic stand-up and star of the beloved sitcom The Cosby Show routinely weighs in on cultural matters.
    This past weekend, Cosby penned an op-ed for The New York Post in which he detailed some of the flaws in modern society. He also suggested we should take a page out of the Koran if we want to have healthier families, less crime and more productive people.
    I’m a Christian. But Muslims are misunderstood. Intentionally misunderstood. We should all be more like them. They make sense, especially with their children. There is no other group like the Black Muslims, who put so much effort into teaching children the right things, they don’t smoke, they don’t drink or overindulge in alcohol, they protect their women, they command respect. And what do these other people do?
    They complain about them, they criticize them. We’d be a better world if we emulated them. We don’t have to become black Muslims, but we can embrace the things that work.

-article-2329089-19f1faaa000005dc-790_634x476-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -article-2329089-19f0f046000005dc-47_306x383-jpg  

I think you are missing the point. He is suggesting we live like the people "who put so much effort into teaching children the right things, they don’t smoke, they don’t drink or overindulge in alcohol, they protect their women, they command respect." I'm pretty sure he is not recommending we act like violent Islamic radicals. If he said we should take a page from the bible, I wouldn't assume he meant we should all act like Westboro Baptist Church.

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    I think you are missing the point. He is suggesting we live like the people "who put so much effort into teaching children the right things, they don’t smoke, they don’t drink or overindulge in alcohol, they protect their women, they command respect." I'm pretty sure he is not recommending we act like violent Islamic radicals. If he said we should take a page from the bible, I wouldn't assume he meant we should all act like Westboro Baptist Church.
    Good way to teach our kids.
    TheReligionofPeace - Islam: Taqiyya and Lying

Also, help me understand what is unique about a black muslim and a muslim?

one is better at basketball

Islamophobic thread is Islamophobic

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Islamophobic thread is Islamophobic
    Me simply quoting Bill Cosby is Islamophobic....

I find it funny how a christian bashing atheist is such an "Islamaphiliac". I guess it's just the hive mind. Anything other black people support, you must support.

Who is the queen bee? Oprah or Beyonce?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Me simply quoting Bill Cosby is Islamophobic....

I find it funny how a christian bashing atheist is such an "Islamaphiliac". I guess it's just the hive mind. Anything other black people support, you must support.

Who is the queen bee? Oprah or Beyonce?
    You taking a quote from Cosby out of context, and then sticking a picture of a killer next to it is islamophobic.

I've never once bashed Christianity

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You taking a quote from Cosby out of context, and then sticking a picture of a killer next to it is islamophobic.

I've never once bashed Christianity
    It's a picture of a black muslim....

I'm afraid that site is a little untrustworthy since the main banner on its front page says Islam is "one really messed up religion". It's very easy to misrepresent what a religion is about should that be your goal. Likewise, I do not condemn Judaism even though the Old Testament is full of despicable acts and rules?

Also, help me understand what is unique about a black muslim and a muslim?
    I'm assuming you are asking about the difference between the two. He is probably referring to black muslims because he is not personally familiar with many non-black muslims. Self titled black muslims have some cultural differences from middle eastern muslims, which also have differences from southeast asian muslims or African muslims. Think of how Lutherans and Methodist are both Christians but have different interpretations of certain aspect of Christianity. It's similar to that.

It's a picture of a black muslim....
    And Timothy McVeigh was a white Christian. Taking the worst example of a group is not a valid argument against a group as a whole. You are trying to prove guilt by association.

And Timothy McVeigh was a white Christian. Taking the worst example of a group is not a valid argument against a group as a whole. You are trying to prove guilt by association.
    I see the potential for radicalization in all religion. I also see a history of violence and oppression with all religion. Every religion needs to be "kept on a leash", especially Islam. With the blood on the sidewalk still wet from the latest radical muslim terrorist attack, pardon me for thinking Bill Cosby is an ignorant jackass for using his platform to put out a muslim apologist statement.

I see the potential for radicalization in all religion. I also see a history of violence and oppression with all religion. Every religion needs to be "kept on a leash", especially Islam. With the blood on the sidewalk still wet from the latest radical muslim terrorist attack, pardon me for thinking Bill Cosby is an ignorant jackass for using his platform to put out a muslim apologist statement.
    I didn't see him apologize for anything but I also didn't read the original op-ed because you didn't link to it. Bill Cosby has said some crazy shit in his day but the particular statement you quoted doesn't stand out to me as anything to get worked up over. I believe in the wake of an muslim terrorist attack is an appropriate time to remind people of the good values most muslims have. Keep in mind, like you, I think we would probably all be better off without organized religion as we know it.

Another black man is an ignorant jackass for supporting something you don't agree with. Color me fucking surprised.

Anyone else seeing a pattern here?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Another black man is an ignorant jackass for supporting something you don't agree with. Color me fucking surprised.

I see the pattern, its funny cause you have one thats a mirror image of his.

On topic, Sinfix is taking Cosby completely out of context and focusing only on the word Muslim. Devout Muslims actually do live by a very strict regime that includes taking care of their bodies. A lot of Americans can learn from them.

And, I still distrust devout muslims, but lets not confuse the teachings with the teacher.

Another ignorant jackass being defended by you for being a black man. color me fucking surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post

On topic, Sinfix is taking Cosby completely out of context and focusing only on the word Muslim. Devout Muslims actually do live by a very strict regime that includes taking care of their bodies. A lot of Americans can learn from them.

And, I still distrust devout muslims, but lets not confuse the teachings with the teacher.
    You could say "we could all be a little more like Hitler", speaking to his determination, but you wouldnt want to say something like that. I'm sure someone like Bill Cosby would be offended.

Where is Richard Pryor when we need him the most?

And what pattern might that be? Providing you with facts where you can't find any? That's definitely the mirror image of Sinfix.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

And what pattern might that be? Providing you with facts where you can't find any? That's definitely the mirror image of Sinfix.
    Even your responses are the same. I am actually starting to think you 2 are 1 person. Maybe bipolar, maybe trolling. Definitely not sane and serious.

You are as willfully ignorant as you claim Sinfix to be, only yours comes with a side of perceived intellectual superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    You are as willfully ignorant as you claim Sinfix to be, only yours comes with a side of perceived intellectual superiority.
    Willfully ignorant of what?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    Willfully ignorant of what?
    Masterfully done.

Even your responses are the same. I am actually starting to think you 2 are 1 person. Maybe bipolar, maybe trolling. Definitely not sane and serious.
    we're not the same person. I have a bigger penis and am better at basketball.

You could say "we could all be a little more like Hitler", speaking to his determination, but you wouldnt want to say something like that. I'm sure someone like Bill Cosby would be offended.
    That is not the best comparison because Hitler is one man whose bad qualities far outweighed the good ones thereby making it difficult to separate the good qualities from the bad. Muslims are a group of over 1 billion people who by in large are peaceful. If someone said that Hitler's determination and cunning was impressive, I don't think you would get that much backlash. It is all about how you present the argument and how clearly you separate the good aspects from the bad.

That is not the best comparison because Hitler is one man whose bad qualities far outweighed the good ones thereby making it difficult to separate the good qualities from the bad. Muslims are a group of over 1 billion people who by in large are peaceful. If someone said that Hitler's determination and cunning was impressive, I don't think you would get that much backlash. It is all about how you present the argument and how clearly you separate the good aspects from the bad.
    And who is the decider that the good qualities of islam far outweigh the bad?

Certainly not you.

Facts and statistics for starters.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Facts and statistics for starters.

Too broad and divsrse of a group to even use stats to back up any particular argument. Just like any facts and stats to define Christianity would have to be narrowed down to account for each particular sect.

Too broad and divsrse of a group to even use stats to back up any particular argument. Just like any facts and stats to define Christianity would have to be narrowed down to account for each particular sect.
    There's a solid billion Muslims in the world, if *more* than 500m are NOT murderous radical fundamentalists, Id say that the good qualities outweigh the bad.

This message brought to you by math.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

There's a solid billion Muslims in the world, if less than 500m are NOT murderous radical fundamentalists, Id say that the good qualities outweigh the bad.

You're too stupid for this conversation.

This message brought to you by reality.

There's a solid billion Muslims in the world, if less than 500m are NOT murderous radical fundamentalists, Id say that the good qualities outweigh the bad.

Uh, less than half are NOT radicals? Doesn't that make the non radicals a minority?

I think Jimmy may be on to something......

Typo. Don't put your own carts before the horse.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Certainly not you.

YUSUFALI: And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and Allah too planned, and the best of planners is Allah.
    PICKTHAL: And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers.
    SHAKIR: And they planned and Allah (also) planned, and Allah is the best of planners.

YUSUFALI: Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

The Arabic word used here for scheme (or plot) is makara, which literally means deceit. If Allah is deceitful toward unbelievers, then there is little basis for denying that Muslims are allowed to do the same.

So i am to trust a religion that specifically tells me it is going to deceive me? Especially when said religion stands against every aspect of the american lifestyle.

And if i dont trust them....

YUSUFALI: Those who annoy Allah and His Messenger - Allah has cursed them in this World and in the Hereafter, and has prepared for them a humiliating Punishment.
    PICKTHAL: Lo! those who malign Allah and His messenger, Allah hath cursed them in the world and the Hereafter, and hath prepared for them the doom of the disdained.
    SHAKIR: Surely (as for) those who speak evil things of Allah and His Messenger, Allah has cursed them in this world and the here after, and He has prepared for them a chastisement bringing disgrace.

Some more reading material from this great religion....

Center for Muslim-Jewish Engagement

Sinflix, don't you think actions of a vast majority of Muslims are much more important than the words in the book they claim to follow?

Bill Cosby, apparently

Sinflix, don't you think actions of a vast majority of Muslims are much more important than the words in the book they claim to follow?
    Not when the book they claim to follow has led some portion of them into believing that killing americans is their ticket to heaven.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast