Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Not when the book they claim to follow has led some portion of them into believing that killing americans is their ticket to heaven.
    I strongly disagree with that mentality. Do you judge Christians the same way? That is, by how the most heinous among them interpret the bible?

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    I strongly disagree with that mentality. Do you judge Christians the same way? That is, by how the most heinous among them interpret the bible?
    Christianity is a lot less radical than Islam....

Did you take the time to read any of the scripture i've posted?

Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention. I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story. I need all of you, to stop what you're doing and listen.

White House: Syria crosses 'red line' with use of chemical weapons - CNN.com

We are going to give military support to the Syrian rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention. I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story. I need all of you, to stop what you're doing and listen.

White House: Syria crosses 'red line' with use of chemical weapons - CNN.com

We are going to give military support to the Syrian rebels.
    They should just mail the rebels a case full of "gun free zone" signs and deliver a speech telling them not to listen to the voices that tell them tyranny is always lurking right around the corner.

Christianity is a lot less radical than Islam....
    That seems like a very subjective thing to me. Some Muslims may be more "radical" than most Christians but I wouldn't consider most Muslims "radical" either.

Did you take the time to read any of the scripture i've posted?
    Yes I read them but I don't know the context of the Koran very well so I'm not going to jump to any conclusions. Like I said, the Old Testament has a lot of really crazy shit in it but I also know that Jews don't follow all the rules in it. I apply the same criteria to Islam. I'm more concerned with people's actions than trying to guess how literally they take every aspect of their holy book.

Christianity is a lot less radical than Islam...
    This is false. Are you not aware of radical factions of Christianity? It's easy to miss since it doesn't happen in America that often

You do know there's a reality outside of your personal bubble, right?

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    This is false. Are you not aware of radical factions of Christianity? It's easy to miss since it doesn't happen in America that often

You do know there's a reality outside of your personal bubble, right?
    I'm aware of the bat shit crazy christians in the world.

The power of indoctrination and propaganda on display here.

Two people siding against the prominent religion of their home country to defend the prominent religion of conflict nations who also happen to despise everything about our home country.

Two people siding against the prominent religion of their home country to defend the prominent religion of conflict nations who also happen to despise everything about our home country.
    You literally have no idea what you're talking about do you?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You literally have no idea what you're talking about do you?
    Educate me....

provide me with a story that took place in the last 50 years where a christian committed a terrorist attack in the name of christ that is even remotely comparable to any of the muslim terrorist attacks....

Where you specifically have muslims saying..."islam is why i did this"...

What you've currently been doing is saying "Christian B got a speeding ticket, he was speeding because hes a christian"....

yet you keep ignoring all the muslim terrorist attacks where we even have video of the people saying " ISLAM IS WHY I DID THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE GOING TO KEEP DOING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BECAUSE OF ISLAM......."

That is how you operate. You jump to conclusions and make assumptions against your opposition and then give the cause you support every single benefit of the doubt possible.

Timothy McVeigh's attack had nothing to do with christianity.... nothing at all.....

yet you keep using him as an example of christian terrorism......

Show me terrorist attacks where christianity is the cause...... because we have plenty where Islam is.

Last edited by Sinfix_15; 06-14-2013 at 02:02 AM.

Show me terrorist attacks where christianity is the cause...... because we have plenty where Islam is.
    Just tell me when to stop

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutaree

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripura_rebellion

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Norway_attacks

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Resistance_Army

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_God_(USA)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Rudolph

Do you need more examples of Christian terrorism? Or is that good enough?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Looks as if you cant read. You literally have no idea what you're talking about do you?

Looks as if you cant read. You literally have no idea what you're talking about do you?
    Did you not just ask for examples of Christian terrorism?

Or did you want examples that only fit your unique definition of terrorism?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Did you not just ask for examples of Christian terrorism?

Or did you want examples that only fit your unique definition of terrorism?
    You listed a bunch of christian groups, not specific acts. Most of your links were to groups outside of the united states. Even giving you credit for all of them, they dont ad up to 1 muslim attack.

Show me a specific attack, in the united states, where a terrorist committed a terrorist act in the name of christianity, where they claimed religion as their reason for committing that act of terrorism.

A muslim can blow up a building, kill 1000 people, say "death to america, i did this because of islam" and the response is always "dont call them islamist terrorist"

You listed a bunch of christian groups, not specific acts. Most of your links were to groups outside of the united states. Even giving you credit for all of them, they dont ad up to 1 muslim attack.

Show me a specific attack, in the united states, where a terrorist committed a terrorist act in the name of christianity, where they claimed religion as their reason for committing that act of terrorism.
    So you didn't read any of the links I posted. Why am I not surprised.

Religious Terrorism is terrorism, whether its done in the name of Christian beliefs or Islamic beliefs. Whether 5 people are killed in the process or 5000.

You can't make up unique definitions of concepts that already exists and dismiss them when they don't conform. Lol

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

So you didn't read any of the links I posted. Why am I not surprised.

Religious Terrorism is terrorism, whether its done in the name of Christian beliefs or Islamic beliefs. Whether 5 people are killed in the process or 5000.

You can't make up unique definitions of concepts that already exists and dismiss them when they don't conform. Lol
    You linked this as an example of christian terrorism.

Various groups are involved in the Insurgency in Northeast India, India's north east states, which are connected to the rest of India by a narrow strip of land known as the Siliguri Corridor.In the region several armed factions operate. Some groups call for a separate state, others for regional autonomy while some extreme groups demand complete independence.

Northeastern India consists of 7 states (also known as the seven sisters): Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, and Nagaland. Tensions exist between these states and the central government as well as amongst the tribal people, who are natives of these states, and migrant peoples from other parts of India.

The states have accused New Delhi of ignoring the issues concerning them.[citation needed] A feeling of second-class citizenship meted out to them by the rest of India has led the natives of these states to seek greater participation in self-governance. There are existing territorial disputes between Manipur and Nagaland, Nagaland and Assam, Meghalaya and Assam, and Mizoram and Assam, often based on historical border disputes and differing ethnic, tribal or cultural affinities.[citation needed] There has been a number of insurgent activities and regional movements in all parts of the northeast, often unique in character to each state. Military action by the armed and paramilitary forces and political action have led to the intensity of these insurgencies fluctuating and to the resolution of the insurgency in Mizoram.[citation needed]

Regional tensions have eased off as of late, with Indian and state governments' concerted effort to raise the living standards of the people in these regions. However, militancy still exists within the region. At present insurgent activity is present in Assam, Manipur, Nagaland and Tripura.

So a christian killing a single person is the same as a muslim killing 2000 people in the name of islam specifically........

Even if there's is no link to christianity other than a person being christian, or if the muslim admits to committing the crime because of islam?

These actions are the same?

I just want to clarify before calling you a moron.

I'm going to lunch..... your stupidity has overwhelmed me today.

So what we've learned today is that if terrorism doesn't fit Sinfix' unique definition of terrorism, its not terrorism. And that he only reads what he wants to read.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

So what we've learned today is that if terrorism doesn't fit Sinfix' unique definition of terrorism, its not terrorism. And that he only reads what he wants to read.
    The topic -

Christian terrorism vs Islamic terrorism.

Your goal: provide examples of terrorism in america that can be shown to be in the name of Christ. Not simply crimes committed by christians..... but crimes committed BECAUSE of christianity.

Example: Billy reads his bible and thinks God wants him to kill penguins. Billy bombs the penguin embassy in the name of God. < Accepted.
    Bad example: Billy is a christian. Billy robs a liquor store because he cant afford to pay his rent and is mad at the government. < Not accepted.

We have clean cut cases of terrorism where the terrorist says directly that he is acting on behalf of Islam............... Show me examples of this with christianity.

The topic -

Christian terrorism vs Islamic terrorism.

Your goal: provide examples of terrorism in america that can be shown to be in the name of Christ. Not simply crimes committed by christians..... but crimes committed BECAUSE of christianity.

Example: Billy reads his bible and thinks God wants him to kill penguins. Billy bombs the penguin embassy in the name of God. < Accepted.
    Bad example: Billy is a christian. Billy robs a liquor store because he cant afford to pay his rent and is mad at the government. < Not accepted.

We have clean cut cases of terrorism where the terrorist says directly that he is acting on behalf of Islam............... Show me examples of this with christianity.
    I gave you a list of them. Do you need more than the examples I've given?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I gave you a list of them. Do you need more than the examples I've given?
    No, you did not.

3 of your links are on topic.

Do you really think there's as many christian terrorists as there are islamic terrorists??????????????????????????????

What do you think the death toll would be if you added up islamic terrorist attacks in the united states and then compared them to religious terrorist attacks on behalf of christianity???

10-1 ratio? 50-1 ratio????? 100-1???? 1000-1?
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 06-14-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Muslim Statistics (Terrorism) - WikiIslam

WebCite query result

"Most global jihadis are not illiterates raised in poor slums, but from well-off families and with advanced education degrees."

"2/3 of UK terror suspects are from middle-class backgrounds, 1/2 are married (some have children), and 90% can be categorized as ‘sociable’ people with a high number of friends."

"More than 45% of people convicted of Al Qaeda-associated terrorist offences in the UK have attended university/higher education institutions, or studied/achieved vocational or further education qualifications."

Note: 95% of all suicide bombings world wide are committed by muslims.

Islamic 'Honour' crimes against women in UK rising rapidly, figures show - Atlas Shrugs

How about we take a look at how muslims treat women.........

UK: Political Correctness hampers efforts against forced marriage of underage Muslim girls | BARE NAKED ISLAM

"Thousands of Muslim women are annually disfigured by acid thrown in their face for the crime of asking for a divorce. When a Muslim woman is disfigured it doesn’t even make the local paper in an Islamic country, it is not even considered a crime. At best the man responsible gets a tap on the wrist."

Just because I won't condemn a billion people (Muslims) doesn't mean I am siding against Christianity. And I certainly don't despise the USA, I really have no idea where you got that idea from. I don't agree with everything we do but I think our country is pretty fucking awesome for the most part.

Just because I won't condemn a billion people (Muslims) doesn't mean I am siding against Christianity. And I certainly don't despise the USA, I really have no idea where you got that idea from. I don't agree with everything we do but I think our country is pretty fucking awesome for the most part.
    What is it about our country that makes it "pretty fucking awesome" ? if you had to name the most important thing....

What is it about our country that makes it "pretty fucking awesome" ? if you had to name the most important thing....
    The fact that people like you can say the most hateful things on a public forum about the most powerful people in the world and nothing will happen to you.

The fact that people like you can say the most hateful things on a public forum about the most powerful people in the world and nothing will happen to you.
    I agree.... that is "fucking awesome". Could i do the same thing in a predominantly muslim country? Do muslims share your/our belief in free speech? The muslims that come to america, do they think freedom of speech is "fucking awesome" too? Are they coming here to enjoy the freedoms we americans share or for some other reason? if so, what is that reason?

Lets say i wanted to dress up as "Pimp Mohammed" for holloween and walk around with 4 bikini clad "hoes" on my arms... would this be ok in a predominantly muslim country? if not... how big of a ticket would i get? would they fine me or take me to jail? what would happen?

No, you did not.

3 of your links are on topic.
    Every one of them were on topic if you read them.

Do you really think there's as many christian terrorists as there are islamic terrorists??????????????????????????????

What do you think the death toll would be if you added up islamic terrorist attacks in the united states and then compared them to religious terrorist attacks on behalf of christianity???

10-1 ratio? 50-1 ratio????? 100-1???? 1000-1?
    Death toll is not a prerequisite of terrorism.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I agree.... that is "fucking awesome". Could i do the same thing in a predominantly muslim country? Do muslims share your/our belief in free speech? The muslims that come to america, do they think freedom of speech is "fucking awesome" too? Are they coming here to enjoy the freedoms we americans share or for some other reason? if so, what is that reason?
    No you could not do that in a predominatly muslim country. You couldn't do that in a lot of non-muslim countries either. Some muslims do share our belief in free speech. Muslims come to America for many reasons. Most probably come for the education and economic opportunities. Many are also born here. I don't really understand what you are getting at here. I honestly believe lack of education, lack of economic opportunity, US occupation of muslim countries, and US caused civilian casualties are much more the cause of Islamic terrorism than Islam itself. Islam is just a cloak of righteousness they like to wrap their anger in.

Lets say i wanted to dress up as "Pimp Mohammed" for holloween and walk around with 4 bikini clad "hoes" on my arms... would this be ok in a predominantly muslim country? if not... how big of a ticket would i get? would they fine me or take me to jail? what would happen?
    This would be significant if only muslim countries had antiquated and barbaric practices and no one else did. That is not the case however. There is correlation here, but not causation.

No you could not do that in a predominatly muslim country. You couldn't do that in a lot of non-muslim countries either. Some muslims do share our belief in free speech. Muslims come to America for many reasons. Most probably come for the education and economic opportunities. Many are also born here. I don't really understand what you are getting at here. I honestly believe lack of education, lack of economic opportunity, US occupation of muslim countries, and US caused civilian casualties are much more the cause of Islamic terrorism than Islam itself. Islam is just a cloak of righteousness they like to wrap their anger in.

This would be significant if only muslim countries had antiquated and barbaric practices and no one else did. That is not the case however. There is correlation here, but not causation.
    So the way muslims treat women is based on a lack of education, economic opportunity, US occupation and US causes civilian casualties and not directly because of the religious practices they follow?

Is it far fetched for me to think that a culture that allows violence towards women for marital transgressions is also prone to act violently towards other opposing ideologies? or for me to be hesitant to trust these people in a country that couldnt be more polar opposite of their beliefs?

Should america change to accommodate muslims? Should we apologize to them when they respond violently to being offended by our freedom?

We embargo other countries in the name of human rights. Should we not view muslims/muslim countries in the same regard? Do you feel muslim women have rights?

So the way muslims treat women is based on a lack of education, economic opportunity, US occupation and US causes civilian casualties and not directly because of the religious practices they follow?
    I was referring to Islamic terrorism specifically. However, I do think poor treatment of women is due to lack of education. That does not mean it would change overnight just because they took a women's rights class because culture has a lot of momentum. But over time, I do think education would solve the issue. Not that long ago, America treated women as second class citizens. What do you think changed our beliefs? I don't think it had anything to do with religion.

Is it far fetched for me to think that a culture that allows violence towards women for marital transgressions is also prone to act violently towards other opposing ideologies? or for me to be hesitant to trust these people in a country that couldnt be more polar opposite of their beliefs?
    I think its far fetched for you to think over a billion people are a single monolithic culture. I also wouldn't describe assuming they won't physically attack you as "trusting" them. I wouldn't expect you to trust them any more or less than a random Christian, Jew, Hindu, Bhuddist, or anyone else on the street.

Should america change to accommodate muslims? Should we apologize to them when they respond violently to being offended by our freedom?
    We should change according to our citizens wills through our constitutional processes. Some of those citizens are mulsim, many are not. They all get their (preferably equal) say. No we shouldn't apologize for being attacked violently. We should apologize for violently killing innocent people though, which happens regularly.

We embargo other countries in the name of human rights. Should we not view muslims/muslim countries in the same regard? Do you feel muslim women have rights?
    I do feel muslim women have rights. I think we should be careful trying to impose our will on other countries. As a general principle, I am fine with embargoes on countries that violate human rights though.

I was referring to Islamic terrorism specifically. However, I do think poor treatment of women is due to lack of education. That does not mean it would change overnight just because they took a women's rights class because culture has a lot of momentum. But over time, I do think education would solve the issue. Not that long ago, America treated women as second class citizens. What do you think changed our beliefs? I don't think it had anything to do with religion.
    The way they treat women is terrorism. We do not educate terrorist. Correct me if i'm wrong, but Seal team 6 didn't kick down Bin Laden's door to read him a self help book.

Dont compare using "stay in the kitchen" jokes or women not getting paid the same as a comparison to men being allowed to rape and torture women. We shouldnt reach out to change any country, yet we can welcome any country that decides to change itself. If they dont change.... let them stay where they are.

I think its far fetched for you to think over a billion people are a single monolithic culture. I also wouldn't describe assuming they won't physically attack you as "trusting" them. I wouldn't expect you to trust them any more or less than a random Christian, Jew, Hindu, Bhuddist, or anyone else on the street.
    The book says what the book says. When you claim to follow islam, i assume you do just that.... Show me another religion that tortures their women as a direct result of their religious practices. In a previous post you agreed that i wouldnt be safe in a muslim country..... why should i feel stepping on american soil is going to change their view? if they would throw acid on or rape my gf for wearing a short skirt in their country, why should i think being here changes their mentality?

We should change according to our citizens wills through our constitutional processes. Some of those citizens are mulsim, many are not. They all get their (preferably equal) say. No we shouldn't apologize for being attacked violently. We should apologize for violently killing innocent people though, which happens regularly.
    The will of our citizens? what is an american citizen...... ? the "will of our citizens" is constantly being diluted by socialism. "Come to america, vote for us, we will take care of you with our tax money"

I do feel muslim women have rights. I think we should be careful trying to impose our will on other countries. As a general principle, I am fine with embargoes on countries that violate human rights though.
    We should be careful of trying to impose our will on other countries while welcoming them to impose their will on us.

The way they treat women is terrorism. We do not educate terrorist. Correct me if i'm wrong, but Seal team 6 didn't kick down Bin Laden's door to read him a self help book.

Dont compare using "stay in the kitchen" jokes or women not getting paid the same as a comparison to men being allowed to rape and torture women. We shouldnt reach out to change any country, yet we can welcome any country that decides to change itself. If they dont change.... let them stay where they are.
    You can call brutality towards women whatever you want but it doesn't change what it is. And I wasn't talking about women jokes or equal pay, I was talking about lack of voting rights, legal rape of women slaves etc. Islam was not responsible for all the abuses women have endured in this country or in any other. The question isn't whether Islamic countries are models of women's rights, clearly they are not, it is whether or not Islam is the cause. There is too long a history of the mistreatment of women around the world to place the blame solely on Islam.

The book says what the book says. When you claim to follow islam, i assume you do just that.... Show me another religion that tortures their women as a direct result of their religious practices. In a previous post you agreed that i wouldnt be safe in a muslim country..... why should i feel stepping on american soil is going to change their view? if they would throw acid on or rape my gf for wearing a short skirt in their country, why should i think being here changes their mentality?
    Again, you are equating the laws in Islamic countries (which are typically very far from democratic) with the views of the average muslim. That is not the case. Do you think all self proclaimed jews refuse to wear certain linens? Why not, it's in their holy book isn't it? Their holy book is not nearly as important as their actions and I haven't heard of any muslim in America throwing acid on a random girl in a short skirt.

The will of our citizens? what is an american citizen...... ? the "will of our citizens" is constantly being diluted by socialism. "Come to america, vote for us, we will take care of you with our tax money"
    How exactly is the will of the citizens being diluted by socialism? I think what you mean is the ideals of the founding fathers are being diluted by the will of the citizens.

We should be careful of trying to impose our will on other countries while welcoming them to impose their will on us.
    How are they imposing their will on us. Anything we change is at our own acceptance. No muslim army has invaded our country and killed our leaders. They haven't appointed puppet leaders for us like we have done in their countries (Shah or Iran, Hussein, Musharref, etc).

How exactly is the will of the citizens being diluted by socialism? I think what you mean is the ideals of the founding fathers are being diluted by the will of the citizens.
    The majority of people voting for welfare programs are the ones with a prefix before american. The powers that be want to offer voting rights and tax money to anybody who takes a step over the boarder.... It's easier to buy a vote than it is to earn one, especially when you're reaching in someone else's pocket to cash the check.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast