Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: British soldier hacked to death after being run over with car

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Knock yourself out. We'll see how close it matches up with Websters definition
    Black people are good at basketball. This is a stereotype. Not all black people are good at basketball, but assuming they were because of X amount of them being good at basketball would be a stereotype. This stereotype is derived from some amount of black people being good at basketball.

Black people are green. = lie.
    Black people are good at basketball. = stereotype.

The difference in these two statements? one is partially true.

A middle eastern person is more likely to cause you harm = lie.

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    A middle eastern person is more likely to cause you harm = lie.
    Not conclusive enough to call a lie.

Middle easterners are terrorist. Stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Not conclusive enough to call a lie.
    What is inconclusive about it? What statistic shows that middle easterners are more dangerous than anyone else? Murder rate? assault rates? burglary rates?

What is inconclusive about it? What statistic shows that middle easterners are more dangerous than anyone else? Murder rate? assault rates? burglary rates?
    http://alqaedawebsite.com/link.php?u...oston_bombings

Maybe that theyve commercialized terrorism. You cant deny the existence of radical muslims hell bent on inflicting as much carnage as possible.... there's no denying this truth. You cant accurately put a number or how many or what %. Every conclusion you can possibly come to is based solely on your own opinion.

Maybe that theyve commercialized terrorism. You cant deny the existence of radical muslims hell bent on inflicting as much carnage as possible.... there's no denying this truth. You cant accurately put a number or how many or what %. Every conclusion you can possibly come to is based solely on your own opinion.
    I'm not denying the existence of radical muslims. Are you denying the existence of dangerous people from other ethnicities? Every conclusion is based solely on your opinion? Really? So somewhere between 0% and 100% of middle easterners want to kill you and whatever percentage you pick is valid because we don't know the exact answer?

I'm not denying the existence of radical muslims. Are you denying the existence of dangerous people from other ethnicities? Every conclusion is based solely on your opinion? Really? So somewhere between 0% and 100% of middle easterners want to kill you and whatever percentage you pick is valid because we don't know the exact answer?
    Yeah.... basically. However much a threat i feel any unknown substance or person is to me, that is what they are. You are welcome to do the same for yourself and your own safety. My views never force anything on you. I dont want to make you do anything you dont want to do. That's the biggest difference between us. You want to legislate your life decisions on me and i want everyone to be free to make their own decisions.

When i see a muslim..... based on nothing more than my own opinion, intuition, gut feeling... or whatever else.... i will access that individual risk for myself and act accordingly within the confines of the law. If i chose to go my entire life avoiding any given person or group of people, i've effected no one but myself. Why does this offend you?

I'm not out in the streets holding picket signs telling muslims to go back to where they came from... I dont insult anyone... i dont harass them... i dont interfere with their lives......

I just may at some point in time based on some circumstance, chose to avoid or be aware of a person based on some cultural factor or unknown.

Every conclusion you can possibly come to is based solely on your own opinion.
    What? LOL.

You do understand that you're more likely to get murdered by a Christian, right?

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

What? LOL.

You do understand that you're more likely to get murdered by a Christian, right?
    Provide some data.

Yeah.... basically. However much a threat i feel any unknown substance or person is to me, that is what they are. You are welcome to do the same for yourself and your own safety. My views never force anything on you. I dont want to make you do anything you dont want to do. That's the biggest difference between us. You want to legislate your life decisions on me and i want everyone to be free to make their own decisions.

When i see a muslim..... based on nothing more than my own opinion, intuition, gut feeling... or whatever else.... i will access that individual risk for myself and act accordingly within the confines of the law. If i chose to go my entire life avoiding any given person or group of people, i've effected no one but myself. Why does this offend you?

I'm not out in the streets holding picket signs telling muslims to go back to where they came from... I dont insult anyone... i dont harass them... i dont interfere with their lives......

I just may at some point in time based on some circumstance, chose to avoid or be aware of a person based on some cultural factor or unknown.
    You are xenophobic.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You are xenophobic.
    No.

Provide some data.
    About 4000 Americans died stateside due to radical Islamic terrorism and about 140,000 homicides in the US. About 85% of the prison population is some form of judeo-Christian.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

No.
    In your own words, you just described xenophobia.

You were xenophobic, now you are xenophobic and in denial.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

In your own words, you just described xenophobia.

You were xenophobic, now you are xenophobic and in denial.
    I dont fear the unknown, i dont fear other people based on origin or ethnicity. No single factor is an "end all". I dont look at a given person and say "he looks different than me, that's scary".

I observe my surroundings, some things get my attention more than others. I dont fear muslims. I acknowledge that some % of muslims are radical terrorists. It's a global system of awareness and assessment of risk, it doesnt speak to the result of that assessment. I'm not saying how high or low the threat or risk is, im just acknowledging that there is risk.

It's a way of thinking about all things.... but you're choosing to focus on the one that lets you chose some word to label me with and make yourself feel intelligent. I'm going to modify a quote a little bit, because i feel it fits you perfectly. "Intelligence is like being powerful, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

I apply the same rule to all things, not just people. For example.... i think about what i would do if my tire blows out every single time i get in a vehicle, especially a motorcycle. I've never had a tire blow out. You could say the risk for it to happen is low. I still feel the need to assess that risk.

However silly or unnecessary you feel my life decisions are, they effect nobody but me. Not one step i take interferes with anyone else's life. I am entitled to do what makes me happy..... i know that goes against everything you stand for. If there was a way you could legislate my inner thoughts, i'm sure democrats would be on top of it. I'm sure democrats went to the drawing board and starting calling up engineers after watching the movie "total recall". Mind control is their biggest goal, right now propaganda is their best tool though.

I'm not offended in the slightest and I have no desire to legislate your irrational fear of middle easterners. I actually think it's funny.

I'm not offended in the slightest and I have no desire to legislate your irrational fear of middle easterners. I actually think it's funny.
    You stretching my comments to make them into something you're capable of insulting speaks volumes about your character, or lack there of.

I observe my surroundings, some things get my attention more than others. I dont fear muslims. I acknowledge that some % of muslims are radical terrorists. It's a global system of awareness and assessment of risk, it doesnt speak to the result of that assessment. I'm not saying how high or low the threat or risk is, im just acknowledging that there is risk.
    So then you equally acknowledge that a certain percentage of Christians are radical terrorists?

It's a way of thinking about all things.... but you're choosing to focus on the one that lets you chose some word to label me with and make yourself feel intelligent. I'm going to modify a quote a little bit, because i feel it fits you perfectly. "Intelligence is like being powerful, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"
    You believe because I picked a word you don't understand that I'm calling myself intelligent by using it?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

So then you equally acknowledge that a certain percentage of Christians are radical terrorists?

You believe because I picked a word you don't understand that I'm calling myself intelligent by using it?
    Yes, i do acknowledge radical christians. Why are you always searching for a bias when there is none?

I understand the word just fine. You going out of your way to misuse the word is you attempting to inflate the appearance of your intelligence. You're a book worm with the common sense of an onion.

Yes, i do acknowledge radical christians. Why are you always searching for a bias when there is none?
    Because you seem to be singling out Muslims or people with a Muslim appearance. "If a Muslim comes in and sets a bag down and walks away..."

What happens when a blonde haired blue eyed white guy comes in with a glock hanging out of his pants. Are you at an equally higher sense of awareness too?

I understand the word just fine. You going out of your way to misuse the word is you attempting to inflate the appearance of your intelligence. You're a book worm with the common sense of an onion.
    Well, you seem to not understand it. I haven't misused the word at all actually. Based on what you've described, you exhibit some degree of xenophobia.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

What happens when a blonde haired blue eyed white guy comes in with a glock hanging out of his pants. Are you at an equally higher sense of awareness too?
    I've expressed on more than one occasion that i am cautious of the police.

Well, you seem to not understand it. I haven't misused the word at all actually. Based on what you've described, you exhibit some degree of xenophobia.
    Nope. You're taking a big broad comment and focusing on one small aspect of it. You're doing this even though i've been very detailed in explaining it.

You stretching my comments to make them into something you're capable of insulting speaks volumes about your character, or lack there of.
    I'm not insulting you. I'm sorry if you took it that way. I have said your mistrust is illogical (not backed up by numbers) but I don't mean that as an insult. Humans are often illogical, it is part of our nature. We aren't computers.

I'm not insulting you. I'm sorry if you took it that way. I have said your mistrust is illogical (not backed up by numbers) but I don't mean that as an insult. Humans are often illogical, it is part of our nature. We aren't computers.
    I view it the exact opposite of your analogy. I am attempting to view the world "like a computer". My mistrust is backed up by my own numbers. Why must every statistic be validated second hand or received by some source other than yourself. The biggest expert regarding my own life.... is me. The most credible statistician regarding my own life, is me. I would love to see a psychological breakdown of how trust, in general, is logical. Based on the definition you just gave, our entire social structure is illogical. Statistics do not back up getting married as a logical choice. Most marriages end in divorce. Living in a monogamist relationship has about the same success rate as hitting a home run off Randy Johnson blind folded.... but we all attempt it. Does the happily married man look at marriage statistics and say "oh wow, most marriages end in divorce, marriage is illogical"... no.... My truth is different from yours and it's illogical for you to believe you know more about me than me.

I view it the exact opposite of your analogy. I am attempting to view the world "like a computer". My mistrust is backed up by my own numbers. Why must every statistic be validated second hand or received by some source other than yourself. The biggest expert regarding my own life.... is me. The most credible statistician regarding my own life, is me.
    I disagree that you are the most credible statistician regarding assessing the chance of something affecting your life. If you are familiar with computation/programming, you are aware of the term GIGO (garbage in, garbage out). Your personal experiences are in many cases too limited (garbage in) to make an accurate conclusion (garbage out) about certain topics. For example, how many times have you been the victim of a terrorist attack compared to how many middle easterners you have been in the vicinity of. If you have never been attacked by one, your conclusion based on personal experience would be that they are no threat at all. We both know that in reality, looking at a much larger data set than your personal one would be a much more accurate way to determine that conclusion.

I would love to see a psychological breakdown of how trust, in general, is logical. Based on the definition you just gave, our entire social structure is illogical. Statistics do not back up getting married as a logical choice. Most marriages end in divorce. Living in a monogamist relationship has about the same success rate as hitting a home run off Randy Johnson blind folded.... but we all attempt it. Does the happily married man look at marriage statistics and say "oh wow, most marriages end in divorce, marriage is illogical"... no.... My truth is different from yours and it's illogical for you to believe you know more about me than me.
    Marriage is complicated because it is a mix of logical and illogical. Love is illogical. Tax benefits are not. Also, the fact that a marriage may eventually end does not mean it is a bad idea to enter one. The comparison also breaks down because your marriage is something you have intimate and unique knowledge about. The desire of some middle easterner on the street however is not. Again, I am not questioning your ability to make a threat judgement using a variety of factors in a given situation, just that being from the middle east alone, in the absence of other specific evidence, is not a factor that should logically raise any eyebrows.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123