Thread: Dark Matter

Default Dark Matter

So I have noticed the race to find it and discover a use is growing more and more intense Today in the News was about a Canadian Lab making close attempts. Now from my short knowledge of Dark Matter and crash course i got from Wikipedia nothing good can come of it.
    We either will open a black hole to shred us all apart or in Religious thought open a portal to Hell "Example: Movie "The Mist"

What is your opinions on the Topic Scientific and/or Religious ??

I don't know a lot about "Dark Matter"... But "Dark Energon" gave Megatron some hella power in Transformers...

Senior Member | IA Veteran

I have no idea what you're talking about..... but i will say this.......

if religion has made an attempt to scare us away from using it, then it's probably perfectly harmless and fantastic. Hell, it may make everyone within a square mile have an orgasm.... who knows? But in general, anything that religion uses fear to prohibit you from doing, is often a great thing..... because if it was truly something bad, we would use logic to refrain from doing it and not the fear of punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about.....
    Then you can't give me an intellectual opinion thanks

Quote Originally Posted by -EnVus- View Post
    Then you can't give me an intellectual opinion thanks
    On religious interpretation i can.

On religious interpretation i can.
    Religion does in fact have no opinion that i have read of on the subject other than just using common sense. If scientist keep trying to prove God wrong and that there is a "GOD particle" instead then they can destroy us all. The process of which they are trying to perform is to try an recreate the same energy as the Big bang using Dark matter the most powerful unknown thing ever. The only thing understood and acknowledged is that it also creates black holes and I think we all leaned about those in school.
    That is all the scientific theory but we are also warned not to do lots of things in religion for safety. There is words of literature that says from those religious and non that all darkness contains evil. The black hole is the most dark and negative light source possible.

If religion led the way to new discoveries or new knowledge then religion should be used as a guidance, but it doesnt...
    Last edited by WhiteAccord; 05-05-2013 at 04:26 AM.

Religious people would call dark matter and dark energy "the hands of God". We cannot physically observe either dark matter or dark energy, but we can observe what it does. No one know anything else about it, and it has been around all of this time, so why be worried about it suddenly destroying us?
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Religion does in fact have no opinion that i have read of on the subject other than just using common sense. If scientist keep trying to prove God wrong and that there is a "GOD particle" instead then they can destroy us all. The process of which they are trying to perform is to try an recreate the same energy as the Big bang using Dark matter the most powerful unknown thing ever. The only thing understood and acknowledged is that it also creates black holes and I think we all leaned about those in school.
    That is all the scientific theory but we are also warned not to do lots of things in religion for safety. There is words of literature that says from those religious and non that all darkness contains evil. The black hole is the most dark and negative light source possible.
    No one in science is trying to "prove god wrong". You're looking at it the wrong way. And it sounds like you're hung up on the name. "Dark" just means it doesn't absorb or reflect anything from the visible spectrum like regular matter does. And no black holes are going to be ripped open on earth.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

A religion nut calls "dark matter" the most powerful unknown thing ever.

I don't think your god would approve of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    A religion nut calls "dark matter" the most powerful unknown thing ever.

I don't think your god would approve of that.
    Yet your scientist call it the "God particle" ?

I don't have a scientist.

They probably call it that because of how pissed off christians get when they are not included in something related to space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I don't have a scientist.

They probably call it that because of how pissed off christians get when they are not included in something related to space.
    Yeah im sure they lose sleep over that or more the idea that science has shown it has limits and they are about to reach it with these Hadron colliders.

No one in the scientific community calls it the "god particle". Even the guy who the particle is named after said it has nothing to do with god or explaining the ultimate origin of the universe.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    No one in the scientific community calls it the "god particle". Even the guy who the particle is named after said it has nothing to do with god or explaining the ultimate origin of the universe.
    Ok the "Higgs Boson" aka "God Particle"

...aka "God Particle"
    Only by the media and non scientists. Lol.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Yeah im sure they lose sleep over that or more the idea that science has shown it has limits and they are about to reach it with these Hadron colliders.
    Everything in the world is out there to be discovered. Humanity hasnt reached it's limits yet, we're just in a bit of a funk right now. Our people appear to be getting dumber, made evident by the election of Obama.

Everything in the world is out there to be discovered. Humanity hasnt reached it's limits yet, we're just in a bit of a funk right now. Our people appear to be getting dumber, made evident by the election of Obama.
    There's no funk at all. We've made more scientific progress as a species than any time in history.

People with graduate degrees in any given field overwhelmingly voted for Obama. No one is getting dumber. Its just that more people have an outlet to voice their opinion than at any time in history thanks to the internet, and just because they have the right to an opinion and the right to voice it, doesn't mean it's just.

Between a pair of candidates with equal qualifications and similar goals for the country, one was more human. The human candidate won.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    There's no funk at all. We've made more scientific progress as a species than any time in history.

People with graduate degrees in any given field overwhelmingly voted for Obama. No one is getting dumber. Its just that more people have an outlet to voice their opinion than at any time in history thanks to the internet, and just because they have the right to an opinion and the right to voice it, doesn't mean it's just.

Between a pair of candidates with equal qualifications and similar goals for the country, one was more human. The human candidate won.
    Equal qualifications?

There seems to be a misunderstanding here.... apparently you're under the impression that Obama had qualifications.

Equal qualifications?

There seems to be a misunderstanding here.... apparently you're under the impression that Obama had qualifications.
    My point exactly.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I would suggest doing some more research about dark energy and dark matter before you get too worried. A few minutes of wikipedia is probably not enough to have a meaningful discussion. Right now it seems you are equating dark matter to black holes. Dark matter is not anything in and of itself, it is just a word used to describe all the "stuff" in space that we don't know what it is.

Religion does in fact have no opinion that i have read of on the subject other than just using common sense. If scientist keep trying to prove God wrong and that there is a "GOD particle" instead then they can destroy us all.
    Scientist are not trying to prove God wrong. The God particle has pretty much been proven and the case for God has not changed. God is only in danger if you think his existence is based on our understanding less of how the universe works.