Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of many news stories that people chose to ignore.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Default One of many news stories that people chose to ignore.

Either gets ignored or has someone like blank say it's a lie. Hopefully time will unveil the biggest scam in world history...... the Obama presidency.

JUST ANOTHER CRACKPOT CONSPIRACY THEORY!!! TIN FOIL HELMETS>.... yada yada.....

» Andrew Breitbart vindicated on Pigford after years of attacks from Media Matters and others - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...art-Vindicated

Next time, can you pick a conspiracy theory that hasnt been thoroughly debunked, so that I can have a fun time debunking it?

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

I'm not familiar with the story, but the NY Times seems to say the same thing.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/26/us...agewanted=all&
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    I'm not familiar with the story, but the NY Times seems to say the same thing.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/26/us...agewanted=all&
    Just another neocon outlet pushing the GOP agenda. Not a legitimate news source like media matters or huffingpaint post.

Vindicated: Charges Of A Benghazi Cover-Up No Longer ‘Fox-Induced Hysteria’ | Mediaite

wait what??? but the liberal media said that fox news was all lies....

Hmm. The selective outrage machine is making noise again for no reason.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

OOPS we had some "low level" employees wrongly targeting conservative groups, our bad, sorry. Just look over here, don't worry about that Benghazi thing it's just a GOP witch-hunt.

Lol @ the double standards in here.

Still waiting on a law enforcement apology for targeting liberal groups in 2011.

And Lol @ thinking that was a Benghazi distraction. The media circus rolls on. On just about every single news channel.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

The IRS debacle is actually a serious matter. Low-level employees did not target groups for that long without higher management approval. It's obvious political bias, and it doesn't matter which side is targeted, it needs to be addressed swiftly and decisively. They need to check to see if any other (conservative or liberal) parties were specifically targeted based upon political affiliation, and remove all those that are connected to any such actions.

So, now we have these issues, and we are about to hand some of the responsibilities from Obamacare to the IRS? Add in that the Administration and Congress is now meeting to discuss exempting themselves from Obamacare, and Obamacare doesn't seem to sound as good as it did when Obama first advocated it.

We are seeing an increase in corruption reports and rumors in the last few years. That does not mean that Obama personally had a hand in them though.

The IRS debacle is actually a serious matter. Low-level employees did not target groups for that long without higher management approval. It's obvious political bias, and it doesn't matter which side is targeted, it needs to be addressed swiftly and decisively. They need to check to see if any other (conservative or liberal) parties were specifically targeted based upon political affiliation, and remove all those that are connected to any such actions.

So, now we have these issues, and we are about to hand some of the responsibilities from Obamacare to the IRS? Add in that the Administration and Congress is now meeting to discuss exempting themselves from Obamacare, and Obamacare doesn't seem to sound as good as it did when Obama first advocated it.

We are seeing an increase in corruption reports and rumors in the last few years. That does not mean that Obama personally had a hand in them though.
    He may not have personally had a hand in them, but the people that he has surrounded himself by in his administration have and that is a reflection on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    He may not have personally had a hand in them, but the people that he has surrounded himself by in his administration have and that is a reflection on him.
    The IRS is doing their jobs, and conservative political groups are getting pissy because the IRS is making sure they're not using their tax exempt status for political activity and in compliance with the law. Thats all there is to this.

I would want any political group who apply for tax exempt status to be scrutinized by the IRS. It just so happens, applications with "tea-party" in the name effectively doubled. Keep in mind, conservatives and "tea party patriots" are very vocal about their hatred of taxes.

And not only are they wanting the IRS to apologize, they want to tie Obama to some IRS workers in Cincinnati too? Lol

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    The IRS is doing their jobs, and conservative political groups are getting pissy because the IRS is making sure they're not using their tax exempt status for political activity and in compliance with the law. Thats all there is to this.

I would want any political group who apply for tax exempt status to be scrutinized by the IRS. It just so happens, applications with "tea-party" in the name effectively doubled. Keep in mind, conservatives and "tea party patriots" are very vocal about their hatred of taxes.

And not only are they wanting the IRS to apologize, they want to tie Obama to some IRS workers in Cincinnati too? Lol
    If the IRS is just "doing their job" and this isn't politically motivated, it's just due to the large increase in conservative applications then why are they apologizing for targeting conservative groups? Either the targeting was politically motivated or this story is a hyped up to more than it should be.

Certified Gearhead

I saw a story today where it's come out that the IRS also targeted pro Israel groups. There need to be some serious firings at the IRS.

If the IRS is just "doing their job" and this isn't politically motivated, it's just due to the large increase in conservative applications then why are they apologizing for targeting conservative groups?
    Because conservatives are bitching about being singled out and they happen to be a very boisterous community. They're demanding an apology. Not that one is really warranted.

Moral of the story: Dont name your movement after a demonstration against taxation, voice your hatred for taxation, then apply for tax exempt status and complain that you're getting scrutinized. Give me a break.

Either the targeting was politically motivated or this story is hyped up to more than it should be.
    Bingo. Sounds like another story that's going on right now.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by Matt300ZXT View Post
    I saw a story today where it's come out that the IRS also targeted pro Israel groups. There need to be some serious firings at the IRS.
    I want everyone who applies for tax exempt status to be flagged. I applaud the IRS for doing their job. If I gotta pay, everyone else should pay too. I don't care if you're "the center for giving children with terminal cancer free cotton candy association". That had better be exactly what you're doing.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Because conservatives are bitching about being singled out and they happen to be a very boisterous community. They're demanding an apology. Not that one is really warranted.

Moral of the story: Dont name your movement after a demonstration against taxation, voice your hatred for taxation, then apply for tax exempt status and complain that you're getting scrutinized. Give me a break.
    So you're ok with gov't agencies targeting groups that don't agree with their policy/ideology?

Bingo. Sounds like another story that's going on right now.
    So it's just a coincidence that it was included in a Friday news dump right as the Benghazi story was heating up?

So you're ok with gov't agencies targeting groups that don't agree with their policy/ideology?
    No. I'm not ok with government agencies targeting groups that don't agree with their political ideology. Dodging taxes is not a political ideology. It's a crime.

So it's just a coincidence that it was included in a Friday news dump right as the Benghazi story was heating up?
    What else happened to be in that Friday news dump?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

No. I'm not ok with government agencies targeting groups that don't agree with their political ideology. Dodging taxes is not a political ideology. It's a crime.
    I wasn't aware that legally applying for tax exempt status was considered "dodging taxes."

I wasn't aware that legally applying for tax exempt status was considered "dodging taxes."
    It's not. But if you're doing it simply to avoid paying taxes, it is.

So why bitch about being red flagged while applying for tax exempt status, when your movements stated goal is to pay less taxes?

If you're doing what you're supposed to be doing, it shouldn't be an issue.

This is nothing more than bitching about a happenstance issue. Nothing will come of it.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

So why bitch about being red flagged while applying for tax exempt status, when your movements stated goal is to pay less taxes?
    No matter how you try to slice it or spin it, it's quite clear that you are ok with a gov't agency targeting groups who oppose their policy/ideology. You just said so yourself.

Just out of curiosity, how many groups did the IRS target who's stated goal was for higher taxes?

No matter how you try to slice it or spin it, it's quite clear that you are ok with a gov't agency targeting groups who oppose their policy/ideology. You just said so yourself.
    Not spinning it all really. I'm just recognizing the mental gymnastics required to come to your conclusion. Wouldn't you want anyone who's trying to apply for a free ride to get their application for a free ride scrutinized by the IRS? I would. No matter what your political ideology is.
    Just out of curiosity, how many groups did the IRS target who's stated goal was for higher taxes?
    The same amount of groups who came out in favor of higher personal taxes. Zero. And if your stated goal is to pay more taxes, why would you waste your time trying to pay less?

Some funny mental gymnastics goin on in here. Lol.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Not spinning it all really. I'm just recognizing the mental gymnastics required to come to your conclusion. Wouldn't you want anyone who's trying to apply for a free ride to get their application for a free ride scrutinized by the IRS? I would. No matter what your political ideology is.
    I've got no problem with that, but that's not the case here. Groups whose position directly conflicts a gov't agency were targeted and more severely scrutinized by said gov't agency, it was not equally applied across the board. The only one practicing any mental gymnastics is you trying to dance around the fact that you are ok with gov't agencies targeting groups who are opposed to them.

The same amount of groups who came out in favor of higher personal taxes. Zero. And if your stated goal is to pay more taxes, why would you waste your time trying to pay less?

There are no groups in favor of higher taxes, is that what you're saying?

So, let's see if I understand this correctly.

The IRS doesn't think that they were in the right, and they don't defend themselves, instead they apologize.
    Obama and his Administration are not defending the IRS, instead he says that there is no place for singling out conservatives.
    blank is the only one defending the IRS practice.
    Did I miss anything there?

I've got no problem with that, but that's not the case here. Groups whose position directly conflicts a gov't agency were targeted and more severely scrutinized by said gov't agency, it was not equally applied across the board. The only one practicing any mental gymnastics is you trying to dance around the fact that you are ok with gov't agencies targeting groups who are opposed to them.
    Whos dancing around anything here but you? I very much told you that I'm in favor of scrutinizing ANYONE that is very vocal about their hatred of taxes when they apply to not pay taxes. ANYONE.

There are no groups in favor of higher taxes, is that what you're saying?
    Not really. Can you name a group that was advocating higher personal taxes, and can you tell me the amount of tax exempt applications that went through with that group in the past 10 years, if you notice a sharp upward trend, you might have a case.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

So, let's see if I understand this correctly.

The IRS doesn't think that they were in the right, and they don't defend themselves, instead they apologize.
    Obama and his Administration are not defending the IRS, instead he says that there is no place for singling out conservatives.
    blank is the only one defending the IRS practice.
    Did I miss anything there?
    Sort of. I agree with everything the IRS and Obama said on the issue.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Sort of. I agree with everything the IRS and Obama said on the issue.
    Ok, then you agree with the apology that the IRS made. Thanks for the clarification.

I agree that if there's evidence that its being applied unequally, someone should be held accountable. So there should be a bunch of evidence of liberal groups advocating against personal taxes who have recently inundated the system with tax exempt applications. If there is, then the scrutiny is being applied unequally.

Can someone find evidence of this?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

And if your stated goal is to pay more taxes, why would you waste your time trying to pay less?

Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002

Warren Buffett's Company NetJets Sued For Millions In Unpaid Taxes

Greg Mankiw: Warren Buffett May Not Be The Tax Avoidance Hawk He Says He Is

And here comes blankCD confirming his affiliation to this crooked regime we have governing our country

I agree that if there's evidence that its being applied unequally, someone should be held accountable. So there should be a bunch of evidence of liberal groups advocating against personal taxes who have recently inundated the system with tax exempt applications. If there is, then the scrutiny is being applied unequally.

Can someone find evidence of this?
    That "someone" who should be held accountable is usually made up of every politician that you support and vote for. Liberals are scum.

However, I agree with Blanks statements that everyone seeking tax-exempt status should be looked into. Problem here is they went far beyond an audit. Asking for donor lists, personal information and other things they have no legal standing to ask for went beyond the pale.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I think most of us understand that if your job is to enforce tax payments, you may be more suspicious of groups who's name includes "Taxed Enough Already" who are applying for a status that exempts them from paying taxes. However, that doesn't make it right, hence the apology. I also think those groups should be compensated if they were caused any financial harm from this (lawyers fees, etc). Calling it a vast conspiracy going to the highest levels I think is more than a bit overblown.

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    I think most of us understand that if your job is to enforce tax payments, you may be more suspicious of groups who's name includes "Taxed Enough Already" who are applying for a status that exempts them from paying taxes. However, that doesn't make it right, hence the apology. I also think those groups should be compensated if they were caused any financial harm from this (lawyers fees, etc). Calling it a vast conspiracy going to the highest levels I think is more than a bit overblown.
    I think that we all can agree that organization applying for tax exempt status should be looked at by the IRS.

I certainly doubt that Obama or his Administration gave the IRS an order to go after conservative groups, but someone pretty high up in the IRS had to be on-board with the policy. Big organizations like the IRS set policy at higher levels - a couple of workers don't just sit around and come up with more work to do.

I think that we all can agree that organization applying for tax exempt status should be looked at by the IRS.
    The question is, should an organization of political advocates for paying less or no taxes, applying for a tax exempt status, be scrutinized closer than any other organization?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I certainly doubt that Obama or his Administration gave the IRS an order to go after conservative groups, but someone pretty high up in the IRS had to be on-board with the policy. Big organizations like the IRS set policy at higher levels - a couple of workers don't just sit around and come up with more work to do.
    Possibly, I don't really know the details of how it agents determine which groups to look at and how much scrutiny to give. Even if it was direction from higher up, we don't know that it was politically motivated vs profiling who would be the most likely to try and evade tax regulation. I am on board for further investigation, but I will save my judgement until more facts come in.

The question is, should an organization of political advocates for paying less or no taxes, applying for a tax exempt status, be scrutinized closer than any other organization?
    Again, I think it is logical to give them more scrutiny from the IRS point of view but it is also wrong to do from the perspective of a country that believes in political freedom and the idea of innocence until proven guilty.

No, they should all be checked the same to be "fair".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast