Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This video took place in america.... in case you were wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Not everyone responds well to having guns pointed at them or having their home raided.
    Then I'd suppose if you can't control your trigger happy impulses when SWAT's beating on your door, then you'd be one of those people on the list of people that shouldn't have a gun.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

IMO in extreme circumstances as this one was then the police get my vote to search , hunt and do what they need to do to rectify the situation. I believe in my civil rights and the constitution but I also believe that law enforcement is here to do a job. It is a very difficult job and there are times where my "priveledged" rights may be violated in order for them to do it. I also believe that If I have done nothing wrong then I have nothing to hide....

If I was walking down the street and a cop wanted to pat me down...for NO REASON I would allow it....People argue and say screw that ...no way...I would tell that cop to shove it....for what ? ....because he is violating my civil rights..blah blah blah....if you aint do nothing wrong then comply and it will be over way quicker....

We have soooo many liberties in this country and yes I see peoples point that if we dont stand up for the rights we have then why do we have them..minds well be a third party country ...blah blah blah....every so often feathers get ruffled and people want to be tough and so no no no ....and why ? ....this country will never go to the other end of the spectrum....there are so many issues that people deal with in other countries that we do not have to deal with here....and we wanna bitch for ever thing we can bitch at

My feeling is that I trust my law enforcment agencies...are they corrupt and crooked..can be at times. Are they flawed...can be at times..but overall the security blanket they provide is one that I appreciate and truly thank....I laugh at people that say Fk the cops...blah blah blah....those are the same punks that couldnt stand on their own two feet w/honor and integrity if they had to...not all but most. And I come from a background where as a kid I didnt respect the law....and sometimes today I still dont...but I understand the consequences and I dont get mad at the person enforcing them...

Rant over...I am sure that most of my opinions will not be agreed with but they are mine and i can voice them and one day if I cant then i will deal with that at that point. (in case an extremists wanna say that its these same views that may lose us this ability in the future...never any middle ground or understanding with those types )
    LS3 / Comp / Halltech / ARH / Powerdrive / OZ / Stoptech / Katech / B&B / VR Tuned

^^ you better fucking run quick, this section doesn't take too well to levelheadedness. Lol.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    ^^ you better fucking run quick, this section doesn't take too well to levelheadedness. Lol.
    lol..I usually dont share my opinions...this morning I was in a rare mood.

I dont hate/discriminate against people w/different views or complete opposite views...I see both parties points.

I guess I am neutral in some ways
    LS3 / Comp / Halltech / ARH / Powerdrive / OZ / Stoptech / Katech / B&B / VR Tuned

DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN!1 Black R's Avatar

I've had my rights violated on multiple occasions by LEO, as I'm sure many citizens have.
    What recourse would the people in the video have?

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuki_Civic
    i woke up to the feeling of someone cutting my clothes from my pants to my bra. all in one cut

Quote Originally Posted by Black R View Post
    I've had my rights violated on multiple occasions by LEO, as I'm sure many citizens have.
    What recourse would the people in the video have?
    None really. Everything in the video was legal. That was the house of the guy that called the cops when he found him in the boat.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Then I'd suppose if you can't control your trigger happy impulses when SWAT's beating on your door, then you'd be one of those people on the list of people that shouldn't have a gun.
    This is how that scenario would go at my house. I hear someone violently banging on my door. I grab my gun, go to the door without opening it and yell through the door to ask who it is. When they identify themselves as police, i would holster my gun and open the door with the chain on. When they started yelling at me, i would ask them if they had a warrant. If they continued yelling, i would ask them to calmly explain the situation to me and to stop yelling. If they continued yelling, i would tell them to get the fuck off my property and shut the door.

Now we have a scenario where i have made the police aware that i am willing to cooperate but i am also exercising my rights. If they then entered my home by force, who is at fault? Me or the police?

I am not saying i would draw a gun on the police, i wouldnt..... but we would now have a scenario where raging angry cops who are already over stepping the boundaries of their authority potentially breaching my door to find an armed, yet peaceful individual. Hell, they may shoot me for the fuck of it and lay my gun beside me, say i attempted to shoot them.... idk... i dont trust the police, do you????

But i consider that situation more dangerous and volatile than me cracking my door, asking them if they have a warrant and getting a civil response along the lines of...
    "no sir we do not have a warrant, but we're hunting a dangerous fugitive who is on the loose here and for both of our safety we would like to check all the houses on this block to make sure he isnt hiding away, if you could sir open the door and put your hands where i can see them, everyone is real nervous out here and we just want to keep everyone safe"

In which case i would respond, "yes sir" and open the door.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MOWE View Post
    IMO in extreme circumstances as this one was then the police get my vote to search , hunt and do what they need to do to rectify the situation. I believe in my civil rights and the constitution but I also believe that law enforcement is here to do a job. It is a very difficult job and there are times where my "priveledged" rights may be violated in order for them to do it. I also believe that If I have done nothing wrong then I have nothing to hide....

If I was walking down the street and a cop wanted to pat me down...for NO REASON I would allow it....People argue and say screw that ...no way...I would tell that cop to shove it....for what ? ....because he is violating my civil rights..blah blah blah....if you aint do nothing wrong then comply and it will be over way quicker....

We have soooo many liberties in this country and yes I see peoples point that if we dont stand up for the rights we have then why do we have them..minds well be a third party country ...blah blah blah....every so often feathers get ruffled and people want to be tough and so no no no ....and why ? ....this country will never go to the other end of the spectrum....there are so many issues that people deal with in other countries that we do not have to deal with here....and we wanna bitch for ever thing we can bitch at

My feeling is that I trust my law enforcment agencies...are they corrupt and crooked..can be at times. Are they flawed...can be at times..but overall the security blanket they provide is one that I appreciate and truly thank....I laugh at people that say Fk the cops...blah blah blah....those are the same punks that couldnt stand on their own two feet w/honor and integrity if they had to...not all but most. And I come from a background where as a kid I didnt respect the law....and sometimes today I still dont...but I understand the consequences and I dont get mad at the person enforcing them...

Rant over...I am sure that most of my opinions will not be agreed with but they are mine and i can voice them and one day if I cant then i will deal with that at that point. (in case an extremists wanna say that its these same views that may lose us this ability in the future...never any middle ground or understanding with those types )
    The constitution was meant to restrict the government, not you. Just as easily as you can be a good citizen and assist them at doing their job, they can be good police officers and not overstep their boundaries. In my lifetime, 99% of cops have treated me with respect and ive had no cause to be in disagreement with them. That 1% guy, got told to fuck off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12