Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Union pulls support for Obamacare, a sign of things to come?

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Call what you want. My premiums, with Aetna, are lower this year than they were last year.
    I really think your a lying sack of shit... I can see why your a full blown Obama suporter.

Big insurers ditching Obamacare exchanges - Sep. 10, 2013

Default Union pulls support for Obamacare, a sign of things to come?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteAccord View Post
    I really think your a lying sack of shit... I can see why your a full blown Obama suporter.

Big insurers ditching Obamacare exchanges - Sep. 10, 2013
    Good for you. Would you like a cookie? My premiums went down, and I didnt vote for Obama. So what does that tell us? You've most likely lost the last brain cell you possessed, and your opinion is still irrelevant when it comes to facts.

Thank you for your contribution to the server bandwidth clutter.

Question. Have you ever had a coherent thought of your own? Or do you just get by mimicking what you've been told by your friends and the Internet.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Tell you what, blank out the Account Number , leave your last name, and post a copy of last years statements and this years. Should be EASY.
    Would that shut everyone up? Just a document that I'm paying less than I paid last year? Is that all it takes?

Or are we gonna go back to posting all the same menial rhetoric that's been posted time and time again? That Obamacare makes premiums go up across the board? Even after I post this documented evidence to the contrary?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Would that shut everyone up? Just a document that I'm paying less than I paid last year? Is that all it takes?

Or are we gonna go back to posting all the same menial rhetoric that's been posted time and time again? That Obamacare makes premiums go up across the board? Even after I post this documented evidence to the contrary?
    It would back your argument. Again, if your premiums went DOWN, then your coverage CHANGED (less coverage, dropped spouse) or I think you are mistaken (not calling you a liar). Something isnt the same.

You made the claim, you should back it up. You are using your claim as a basis that everyone else is a liar, that somehow this is all propaganda that you refuse to believe, and that your 1 specific case is indicative of everyone else. Your statement is like someone saying "i got a raise last year, so therefore, everyone in the economy is ok, and everything is fine" when clearly all the data says its NOT ok.

You made a big claim, you should back it up, because facts are what matter, and until i see proof, i do not believe you
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteAccord View Post

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

So either the law is doing exactly what all of us said it would do:
    Lead to the rationing of care
    drive costs up
    not solve the problems of the uninsured
    Lead to the end of the 40 hour work week (unions are admitting this too)

OR

Everyone is a liar, and you are right.

Put up or shut up.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

MY FAULT, I MEANT TO HIT "QUOTE" AND I HIT EDIT AND CHANGED HIS ORIGINAL POST. MY FAULT- VTECKIDD

Im not saying that my one specific case is indicative of everyone.

Some pundits have made the claim that premiums will rise across the board. Mine have gone down. So obviously its not across the board. And I'm sure that I'm not the only person in the United States who's insurance premiums went down. So that claim is false, and at minimum, people who's insurance has gone down is something that should be considered.
    Last edited by Vteckidd; 09-10-2013 at 03:18 PM.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Im not saying that my one specific case is indicative of everyone. .
    And as I read this, my premiums continue to fall, on Aetna. This tells me there's a difference between the rhetoric, and what's actually happening.

Sounds to me like you are making that claim.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Sounds to me like you are making that claim.
    I don't know how unless you're misinterpreting what Im saying.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Im not saying that my one specific case is indicative of everyone.

Some pundits have made the claim that premiums will rise across the board. Mine have gone down. So obviously its not across the board. And I'm sure that I'm not the only person in the United States who's insurance premiums went down. So that claim is false, and at minimum, people who's insurance has gone down is something that should be considered.
    again, prove it or i dont believe it. you are using your 1 claim to combat all the media and information out there that is contrary.

You realize what a broad claim is right. Did any of us say "ALL PREMIUMS WILL RISE , REGARDLESS, NO MATTER WHAT, EVERY SINGLE PERSONS PREMIUMS WILL RISE"?

No, we didnt, so stop acting like we did. here you go again changing the argument to try to escape.

pundits have made the claim that premiums will rise across the board.
    That is you changing the argument, i dont really care what Pundits said, WE are having this discussion. WE are the ones posting info. We arent debating what die hard partisan people are talking about, we are debating all the articles and information being SUPPORTED that premiums are rising.

Youre ONLY argument against all of this is "well, personally MY rates didnt rise, and CONTINUE to go down, therefore , you are all wrong".

So all im asking is for you to prove it. Id love to see the 1 case that someone is having their rates go down. Because no one, not even the LEFT LEANING mainstream media is agreeing with you anymore. Its like your holding the winning lottery ticket but you wont show it because .................you dont really have it.

This is kinda the way you argue though, you get backed into a corner and you like to make wild claims with no proof, or bring up other non important things to blather about, shifting the topic. I mean you realize the mountain you are trying to climb, you are equating "my cousin got a job, so therefore, the economy is GREAT!". Are you really that naive?

The problem is you think anyone who doesnt share your opinion is a "pundit" and youll make any excuse you want to support your side, even if you know its wrong. this isnt the first time you have made claims like this. Im just asking you to prove it now. your response will tell how serious you are, if you post it, ill give you credibility, if you dont, then I suspect you are hiding something or dont understand how to read your own healthcare bill.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Blank.CD View Post

Some pundits have made the claim that premiums will rise across the board. Mine have gone down. So obviously its not across the board.
    Thats great, go start a thread where people are talking about that, because that is not what is going on here. Go start a thread where someone said that all premiums regardless of race , creed, age, sex, will rise. Then you can have at it ( i suspect you will be the only one in that thread anyway).

This thread, is talking about how the costs of premiums have risen despite Obamacare promising they will go down. If you dont understand, that is what is called a GENERAL claim, meaning, generally speaking, majority of costs have risen.
    Big Business claims it
    Unions who supported it are now claiming it
    Democratic Senators who supported it are claiming it
    Individual people are claiming it
    Doctors are claiming it

Its not even debatable. It is happening. Its being reported everywhere. The numbers back it up.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/21/bu...iums.html?_r=0

LA TIMES
    The Kaiser survey is the latest indication that that is not happening yet. In addition to rising premiums, workers also are getting hit with more cost-sharing , the survey found. For example, the average deductible for a health plan that covers only the employee reached $1,135, up from $1,097 in 2012.

Particularly hard hit are workers at small businesses, who already pay more for their health coverage than employee of large firms. Nearly a third of workers at employers with fewer than 200 employees have deductibles of at least $2,000.

Employers with more lower-wage workers also force their employees to pay more for their health benefits. Workers at firms where at least 35% of the workforce earns less than $23,000 pay $1,363 more for an average family plan than workers at firms with fewer low-wage employees, the survey found.
    WSJ
    Employer Health Coverage Premiums Rise Slowly Again This Year - WSJ.com

We can debate WHY its happening, but no one is making the claim that you are insinuating. Furthermore, prove your claim, because I dont think you are correct.

Are you swearing that nothing has changed on your plan
    Deductible the same
    Coverage the same
    Company the same
    People covered the same

NOTHING HAS CHANGED and your premiums went DOWN. If so, POST PROOF, its SIMPLE to do.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

again, prove it or i dont believe it. you are using your 1 claim to combat all the media and information out there that is contrary.

You realize what a broad claim is right. Did any of us say "ALL PREMIUMS WILL RISE , REGARDLESS, NO MATTER WHAT, EVERY SINGLE PERSONS PREMIUMS WILL RISE"?

No, we didnt, so stop acting like we did. here you go again changing the argument to try to escape.

That is you changing the argument, i dont really care what Pundits said, WE are having this discussion. WE are the ones posting info. We arent debating what die hard partisan people are talking about, we are debating all the articles and information being SUPPORTED that premiums are rising.

Youre ONLY argument against all of this is "well, personally MY rates didnt rise, and CONTINUE to go down, therefore , you are all wrong".

So all im asking is for you to prove it. Id love to see the 1 case that someone is having their rates go down. Because no one, not even the LEFT LEANING mainstream media is agreeing with you anymore. Its like your holding the winning lottery ticket but you wont show it because .................you dont really have it.

This is kinda the way you argue though, you get backed into a corner and you like to make wild claims with no proof, or bring up other non important things to blather about, shifting the topic. I mean you realize the mountain you are trying to climb, you are equating "my cousin got a job, so therefore, the economy is GREAT!". Are you really that naive?
    I'm not backed into a corner at all, and i haven't changed my argument. Still not sure how you've deduced that from anything I've said.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I'm not backed into a corner at all, and i haven't changed my argument. Still not sure how you've deduced that from anything I've said.

*unsubscribed because if you wont provide any proof to your claims, i consider the argument over.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Senior Member | IA Veteran

*unsubscribed because if you wont provide any proof to your claims, i consider the argument over.
    My rate doubled. Can i post proof of this and win a prize?

Here are some facts about Obamacare in GA that might interest you:

Only two organizations will supply people to help an estimated 1.9 million Georgians pick a health plan under the federal Affordable Care Act according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. When the federal department begins operating Georgia’s health exchange Oct. 1, individuals and small businesses will have a choice of 20 plans offered by five insurers, although two of the insurers announced yesterday that they will pull out of offering services in the exchange, so it appears that this number will drop to three. Only the University of Georgia’s extension service and the Structured Employment Economic Development Corporation, or SEEDCO, will serve Georgia as navigators. SEEDCO is a national company geared to helping the poor and will recruit other organizations in Georgia and Tennessee, such as the Atlanta-based advocacy organization Georgia Watch and UGA and SEEDCO will have $3.2 million to work with total.

13 attorneys generals have agreed that there are not enough privacy protections of people seeking help from navigators, and they have written to HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to call for more training and oversight of the navigators, including criminal background checks and fingerprints. Her department has not addressed these privacy concerns yet.

According to the reports in the AJC:

•If you're a 25-year-old, male non-smoker in Atlanta, today you can buy insurance comparable to the cheapest policy allowed by Obamacare (the "bronze" plan) for $66.17 a month. If the premium increases go through as proposed, the cost of that plan would nearly triple, to $197.28 a month. The cost of the very cheapest plan on offer would be $150.68, or 85 percent more than you currently pay. That means you'd have to pay $84.51 a month more to keep the same quality of insurance you have now.

•If you're a 45-year-old, male non-smoker in Atlanta, today you can buy a plan comparable to Obamacare's "bronze" plan for $118.78 a month. The proposed premium increase would basically double that cost to $233.59 a month. The cheapest plan available would be $216.71 a month, or 82 percent more than you pay now. For the same quality insurance you have now, you'd have to spend another $97.93 a month.

•For a 64-year-old, male non-smoker, the cost of the cheapest "bronze"-type plan today is $293.25 a month; the proposed increase is to $501 a month, a 71 percent hike. The cheapest plan on offer would be $450.21 a month, or 54 percent more than you pay today. That means paying $156.96 a month more just to maintain the same type of insurance.

Over the course of a year, we're talking about these men spending more than $1,000 just to maintain their quality of coverage -- without an option to buy lower-quality insurance, which Obamacare prohibits on the individual market.

Health insurance costs typically raise up 10% annually in GA. These are statistics well-documented and recorded at the Georgia Insurance Commissioner's office and are publically available.

Currently in GA, an insurance company can charge up to seven times as much for its most expensive individual health plan than it charges for its cheapest plan.
    Obamacare prohibits a ratio of more than 3:1 which means that younger, healthier people will be charged more to subsidize people who are older and/or have poorer health habits.

If you want a quote from a non-politician, then Trump should take the win:
    "Let me get this straight . . .
    We’re going to be “gifted” with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don’t!
    Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn’t understand it, passed by a Congress that didn’t read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a Dumbo President who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn’t pay his taxes, for which we’ll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that’s broke!!!!!
    What the hell could possibly go wrong?"

But an ever better quote came from the Democrats before they voted on Obamacare, and it is:
    “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.” - Speaker Nancy Pelosi, March 2010.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.” - Speaker Nancy Pelosi, March 2010.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

^^^^^

Remember when you could keep your current plan if you wanted to?
    Apparently you can't if you are an IBM, Time Warner, Caterpillar, DuPont, or GM retiree.

"About 44 percent of companies plan to stop administering health plans for their former workers over the next two years, a survey last month by consultant Towers Watson & Co. (TW) found."

“Things are going to change dramatically,” said Ron Fontanetta, a partner at New York-based Towers Watson, which advises GE and other large companies. “Over the next two to three years, we see a much more aggressive rethinking of what employers are going to provide.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ric-shift.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...ml?ir=Business

Supporting Obama has become like a religion. Facts, logic, results or a lack there of will no sway those who support Obama. If you need an example, just look at blank. He's a deacon in the church of Obamanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Supporting Obama has become like a religion. Facts, logic, results or a lack there of will no sway those who support Obama. If you need an example, just look at blank. He's a deacon in the church of Obamanism.
    :facepalm:

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

:facepalm:
    I'm really sorry, please except my apology....

Church of Obamanomics****

That is what i meant to say.

Directly from the Obamacare website.....

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910