Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: White is the new black.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You need a ladder? dont want you to pull something from all that reaching.
    How in the world is that reaching? This came from his own two lips! Lol

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by ISAtlanta300 View Post
    How about if this was said.... "I get to fly in a helicopter. We get shot down. I am one of the only white male soldiers surviving. How whack is that? But I finally get backup, get out my guns and get blasting away. 'And I killed all those black people in the movie!!" - Black Hawk Down.

would that be racist?
    Fixed it for ya.

You guys need to work on your analogs. Lol.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    How in the world is that reaching? This came from his own two lips! Lol
    You trying to say it isnt a racial stereotype is reaching.

You trying to say it isnt a racial stereotype is reaching.
    No. I'm not.

If I said all white people are slave owners, that would be a stereotype.

If I said all the white people in a particular movie were slave owners, and they weren't actually slave owners, that would be a stereotype

If I said all the people in a particular movie were slave owners, and they were actually slave owners, its no longer a stereotype

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

No. I'm not.

If I said all white people are slave owners, that would be a stereotype.

If I said all the white people in a particular movie were slave owners, and they weren't actually slave owners, that would be a stereotype

If I said all the people in a particular movie were slave owners, and they were actually slave owners, its no longer a stereotype
    lol just stop

When an abnormal amount of redheads start doing things that warrant attention, i will act accordingly.

You've already agreed that black people have an elevated crime rate. I dont think being black makes you a criminal. I dont believe your skin has any relation to your intelligence or your morality. I simply acknowledge the statistical anomaly.
    The thing is, you probably would never know if an abnormal amount of redheads start doing things that warrant attention because it's simply not something most people notice. Skin color happens to be one of the most easily identifiable physical traits in people but that is not a good reason to focus on it. If your concern was simply to acknowledge a statistical anomaly, I doubt you would bring it up time after time. The regularity and fervor of your concern seems to reach far deeper than that.

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    The thing is, you probably would never know if an abnormal amount of redheads start doing things that warrant attention because it's simply not something most people notice. Skin color happens to be one of the most easily identifiable physical traits in people but that is not a good reason to focus on it. If your concern was simply to acknowledge a statistical anomaly, I doubt you would bring it up time after time. The regularity and fervor of your concern seems to reach far deeper than that.
    We notice a variety of misc traits and things that usually accompany them. Have you never heard the blonde vs brunette debate?

The only reason you care more about this issue is because you care more about this issue. The evidence supports my accusations, so now you're calling me a racist for observing the evidence. You make it seem as if i go to some great lengths to seek out information about black people to hold against them......... maybe its you that has blinders on, because i see it every time i walk out my front door. Statistics only serve to put a tangible number on my life experience and the life experience is the only reason i ever looked for the statistics.

I am making the point that negative white stereotypes are not given the same sensitivity as other racial groups. Is Foxx a racist? i dont think so, no. Did his comment perpetuate a stereotype? yes.

Nobody cares if you say something negative about white people. That is the point.
    I actually agree with your first paragraph. It is more acceptable to negatively stereotype whites in general but that is because whites were the perpetrators of negative stereotyping for so long. What goes around comes around so to speak. Does it make it right? No, but the impact of white's sterotyping others historically was far, far more heinous and significant than the stereotyping they receive these days. That is why I hardly see it as something that warrants the attention you give it.

The second paragraph I disagree with. If there is racism against white people that is significant, such as a violent crime and not just a distasteful joke, that is something lots of people care about.

I actually agree with your first paragraph. It is more acceptable to negatively stereotype whites in general but that is because whites were the perpetrators of negative stereotyping for so long. What goes around comes around so to speak. Does it make it right? No, but the impact of white's sterotyping others historically was far, far more heinous and significant than the stereotyping they receive these days. That is why I hardly see it as something that warrants the attention you give it.

The second paragraph I disagree with. If there is racism against white people that is significant, such as a violent crime and not just a distasteful joke, that is something lots of people care about.
    The anti-white movement is picking up steam. At what point should it warrant attention?

So you acknowledge that what i am saying is 100% correct.... you simply do not think it's worthy of complaint. I've also said in the past that a portion of minorities seek "retribution" against whites, you seem to be agreeing to that also, correct?

It's ok to negative stereotype whites, more or less because they deserve it?.... made even more ironic by the fact that this very comment is a racial stereotype.

You say "white people were the perpetrators of negative stereotyping for so long", i suppose those perpetrators made up 100% of the white community correct?

We notice a variety of misc traits and things that usually accompany them. Have you never heard the blonde vs brunette debate?

The only reason you care more about this issue is because you care more about this issue. The evidence supports my accusations, so now you're calling me a racist for observing the evidence. You make it seem as if i go to some great lengths to seek out information about black people to hold against them......... maybe its you that has blinders on, because i see it every time i walk out my front door. Statistics only serve to put a tangible number on my life experience and the life experience is the only reason i ever looked for the statistics.
    How many post have you called out the hair color of someone? If you were posting every other day about blondes being the perpetrators of immoral action, best believe I would say something. Please point out where I called you a racist. I never did. All I said/implied is that you have a preoccupation with what you see as the immoral acts of blacks. While your view may reflect your experience, I don't see how your posts do anything but perpetuate stereotypes and let you vent your anger. You have outright stated you aren't interesting in discussing solutions to the problems you present so no good seems to come out of these types of discussions.

How many post have you called out the hair color of someone? If you were posting every other day about blondes being the perpetrators of immoral action, best believe I would say something. Please point out where I called you a racist. I never did. All I said/implied is that you have a preoccupation with what you see as the immoral acts of blacks. While your view may reflect your experience, I don't see how your posts do anything but perpetuate stereotypes and let you vent your anger. You have outright stated you aren't interesting in discussing solutions to the problems you present so no good seems to come out of these types of discussions.
    I have clearly stated my solutions to every single one of my complaints.

The anti-white movement is picking up steam. At what point should it warrant attention?
    It warrants attention now if it causes significant harm to an individual. My issue isn't so much with you bringing it up when it occurs, it's more of the fact that you bring it up so much but never bring up cases when they are the victims of racism. It is the selectiveness with which your outrage occurs. It's completely one sided. Also, you seem to think the statistics allow you to treat all blacks the same rather than keeping your anger directed solely at the individuals who are the perpetrators.

So you acknowledge that what i am saying is 100% correct.... you simply do not think it's worthy of complaint. I've also said in the past that a portion of minorities seek "retribution" against whites, you seem to be agreeing to that also, correct?
    Partially agreed. All racism is worthy of complaint, see my answer above. The portion that seek "retribution" I do not believe are a significant portion of the minority population and thus their views should not be projected on the rest of the group.

It's ok to negative stereotype whites, more or less because they deserve it?.... made even more ironic by the fact that this very comment is a racial stereotype.

You say "white people were the perpetrators of negative stereotyping for so long", i suppose those perpetrators made up 100% of the white community correct?
    If you reread what I wrote, I specifically said it is not right. But it is understandable psychologically speaking. If someone hurts someone you care about, the desire for retribution is pretty normal. Even though it may be directed inappropriately, it is a form of psychological healing. No question, that doesn't make it right but it is inevitable.

It warrants attention now if it causes significant harm to an individual. My issue isn't so much with you bringing it up when it occurs, it's more of the fact that you bring it up so much but never bring up cases when they are the victims of racism. It is the selectiveness with which your outrage occurs. It's completely one sided. Also, you seem to think the statistics allow you to treat all blacks the same rather than keeping your anger directed solely at the individuals who are the perpetrators.

Partially agreed. All racism is worthy of complaint, see my answer above. The portion that seek "retribution" I do not believe are a significant portion of the minority population and thus their views should not be projected on the rest of the group.

If you reread what I wrote, I specifically said it is not right. But it is understandable psychologically speaking. If someone hurts someone you care about, the desire for retribution is pretty normal. Even though it may be directed inappropriately, it is a form of psychological healing. No question, that doesn't make it right but it is inevitable.

Sounds like the only thing we are in disagreement about is the significance of my complaints and the frequency in which i complain. Some of my complaints are exaggerated to purposefully be annoying and are usually generated from me being annoyed by a complaint from another racial group. I guess the strategy is more or less to say "yeah, i deal with that too, so lets all shut the fuck up about it"..... Your feeling towards my somewhat satirical complaint is the same as my feeling towards most other racial complaints....

"yeah, i can kinda see where you're coming from.... but it's time to shut the fuck up and move on"

Sounds like the only thing we are in disagreement about is the significance of my complaints and the frequency in which i complain.
    That's definitely a big part of it but there are actually two more significant issues:
    1. The way you seem to generalize about all black people and think the statistics and your personal experiences justify the stereotyping
    2. Your singular focus on the black race to the exclusion of others. Even when you mention whites, it's usually only to highlight how blacks would treat or be treated differently in the same situation. Everything is tied back to blacks.

That's definitely a big part of it but there are actually two more significant issues:
    1. The way you seem to generalize about all black people and think the statistics and your personal experiences justify the stereotyping
    2. Your singular focus on the black race to the exclusion of others. Even when you mention whites, it's usually only to highlight how blacks would treat or be treated differently in the same situation. Everything is tied back to blacks.
    If it appears i am attempting to blanket all black people with any given comment, then that is a misunderstanding. I feel like ive stressed this point in the past.

The black community is the one that merits the most attention. I give it the most attention. No other aspect of my daily life sticks out more than this one. It's "low hanging fruit" as some people would say.

Some of my complaints are exaggerated to purposefully be annoying
    THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!!

Goodnight everyone.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!!

Goodnight everyone.
    I dont hide who i am.......

You should join the club.

Some of my comments intentionally mock an issue for the purpose of showing how silly that issue is. I'm honest about this.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 04-24-2013 at 03:54 PM.

If it appears i am attempting to blanket all black people with any given comment, then that is a misunderstanding. I feel like ive stressed this point in the past.
    You indeed have at times but then other times made generalized comments. You often say you call out the race of a person because it is just a description. Perhaps if you didn't always call out their race in your stories, I wouldn't get the impression that it is such an important description to you.

The black community is the one that merits the most attention. I give it the most attention. No other aspect of my daily life sticks out more than this one. It's "low hanging fruit" as some people would say.
    They warrant most attention or ALL the attention because I don't see you giving any attention to other races? Is their race an important part of your experience? Would they be less of assholes, losers, etc if they were any other color? If not, why even mention their race? For example, If you care about welfare abuse, how many articles have you posted about welfare abuse committed by whites. As whites are 7 times the population of blacks, I am pretty sure most of the abuse is committed by whites. To me, what warrants attention is the abuse. I don't really care what race the abuser is.

You indeed have at times but then other times made generalized comments. You often say you call out the race of a person because it is just a description. Perhaps if you didn't always call out their race in your stories, I wouldn't get the impression that it is such an important description to you.

They warrant most attention or ALL the attention because I don't see you giving any attention to other races? Is their race an important part of your experience? Would they be less of assholes, losers, etc if they were any other color? If not, why even mention their race? For example, If you care about welfare abuse, how many articles have you posted about welfare abuse committed by whites. As whites are 7 times the population of blacks, I am pretty sure most of the abuse is committed by whites. To me, what warrants attention is the abuse. I don't really care what race the abuser is.
    White people SHOULD be at the top of every negative statistic. I've used my own friends and family as examples of welfare abuse and stated that i was against it. I fail to see me demonstrating a bias here.

Theoretically speaking.... if i go about my day and am offended by 10 people, 5 white and 5 black, i would post "people are assholes"
    if i go about my day and am offended by 10 people, 9 black and 1 white, i would post "black people are assholes"

This formula can be applied to nearly every racial comment i make.

White people SHOULD be at the top of every negative statistic. I've used my own friends and family as examples of welfare abuse and stated that i was against it. I fail to see me demonstrating a bias here.
    So crimes are more significant depending on the race of the person committing them? Negative actions by whites do not warrant as much attention as those by blacks because they SHOULD be fucking up more? Giving one example of white welfare abuse for every 10 of black welfare abuse is hardly balanced considering the opposite ratio would be closer to correct.

Theoretically speaking.... if i go about my day and am offended by 10 people, 5 white and 5 black, i would post "people are assholes"
    if i go about my day and am offended by 10 people, 9 black and 1 white, i would post "black people are assholes"

This formula can be applied to nearly every racial comment i make.
    What I don't understand is why do you choose race as the way to count them?

What I don't understand is why do you choose race as the way to count them?
    Because i'm not observant enough to notice the color of their eyes.

Because i'm not observant enough to notice the color of their eyes.
    I'm not sure if you are joking or being honest but that really is the honest answer for a lot of people who focus on race, they just don't realize it.

I'm not sure if you are joking or being honest but that really is the honest answer for a lot of people who focus on race, they just don't realize it.
    I'm not focused on race, i just chose not to ignore it in some circumstances. I dont walk around dividing people in to racial portions during my daily routine, but i notice when a particular racial group makes up the majority of the negativity i am surrounded by.

I'm not focused on race, i just chose not to ignore it in some circumstances. I dont walk around dividing people in to racial portions during my daily routine, but i notice when a particular racial group makes up the majority of the negativity i am surrounded by.
    Noticing it is one thing but when you include it in so many posts, often as the main subject, that's when you cross into the focusing category.

Noticing it is one thing but when you include it in so many posts, often as the main subject, that's when you cross into the focusing category.
    Does the NAACP focus on race more or less than i do?

.Theoretically speaking.... if i go about my day and am offended by 10 people, 5 white and 5 black, i would post "people are assholes"
    if i go about my day and am offended by 10 people, 9 black and 1 white, i would post "black people are assholes".
    This has got to be literally the most racist thing I've ever seen!

Sinfix, if I end up going for the Dr in Psych, would you let me interview you for a dissertation?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

This has got to be literally the most racist thing I've ever seen!

Sinfix, if I end up going for the Dr in Psych, would you let me interview you for a dissertation?
    You cant be serious about that comment being racist.

Sure.

You see stupid shit said in jest every day. People use the N word, and racial slurs all the time.

But you just gave us a glimpse into how you process this information. It might not even be a conscious decision for you...but yeah...

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You see stupid shit said in jest every day. People use the N word, and racial slurs all the time.

But you just gave us a glimpse into how you process this information. It might not even be a conscious decision for you...but yeah...
    I was of a like mindset when i went through psychology and my black professor gave me nearly perfect marks. My final was on a racial topic.

You think it's ok to refer to slave owners as "white people" even though you clearly agree that 100% of white people were not slave owners.

In my theoretical scenario where 90% of black people are assholes, you say i would be racist for thinking "black people are assholes". Note the perimeters of my comment....... in my theoretical scenario, 90% of black people are assholes. I am saying that in a given circumstance if 90% of a group appear to me a certain way, i show little regard for offending the remaining 10%.

To you this is racism?
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 04-24-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Does the NAACP focus on race more or less than i do?
    Definitely more, but they don't pretend that it isn't part of their focus. I mean, it's in their name so they aren't exactly saying "We just don't ignore race".

Definitely more, but they don't pretend that it isn't part of their focus. I mean, it's in their name so they aren't exactly saying "We just don't ignore race".
    So it's ok for organizations to form and operate for the sole purpose of representing race, yet it's racist for me to acknowledge race as an identifiable trait and make note of statistical anomalies that i find when observing various racial groups?

If given the opportunity, would you tell the NAACP "you focus on race too much" ?

So it's ok for organizations to form and operate for the sole purpose of representing race, yet it's racist for me to acknowledge race as an identifiable trait and make note of statistical anomalies that i find when observing various racial groups?

If given the opportunity, would you tell the NAACP "you focus on race too much" ?
    Again, I never called you racist but I will answer the rest of the question. The fact is, racism has had major effects particularly against blacks in this country. Organization is a way to combat that and hopefully in time, the need for such an organization will diminish to the point where it will no longer exist. Further, the stated goal of the NAACP is for "advancing" a group of people, not diminishing others. They are not anti-white or against any other race. Their focus is positive in nature, whereas your focus on the black race is exclusively negative.

I wouldn't tell them "they focus on race too much" because that is the entire purpose of the organization so it wouldn't make sense. That's like telling the NBA they focus too much on basketball. Organizations are not the same as individuals. However, at some point in the future I may say "society has reached a state that your organization is no longer needed" and hopefully by then, they will agree.

Again, I never called you racist but I will answer the rest of the question. The fact is, racism has had major effects particularly against blacks in this country. Organization is a way to combat that and hopefully in time, the need for such an organization will diminish to the point where it will no longer exist. Further, the stated goal of the NAACP is for "advancing" a group of people, not diminishing others. They are not anti-white or against any other race. Their focus is positive in nature, whereas your focus on the black race is exclusively negative.

I wouldn't tell them "they focus on race too much" because that is the entire purpose of the organization so it wouldn't make sense. That's like telling the NBA they focus too much on basketball. Organizations are not the same as individuals. However, at some point in the future I may say "society has reached a state that your organization is no longer needed" and hopefully by then, they will agree.
    The NAACP will never cease to exist because their motive runs deeper than equality for black people, something they already have. If you think a day will ever come that the NAACP will say "well, our work is done", then you are highly optimistic. Society has already reached a point where this organization is no longer needed, yet here they stand. What more proof do you need that the world is an open book to everyone of every color? A black man can be anything he wants in this country. We just elected a black man president who wasnt even fit for the job. What more proof do you need?

My focus on the black community is not negative. I have explained this..... remember..... we both want a "garden", i simply believe it's more important to "pick the weeds" first. Gangs and gang violence is a huge problem in the black community. I blame this partly on feeling segregated from society, but the thing is.... groups like the NAACP and BPP are the driving force behind this segregation. These groups deliver a message that "there's us and then there's them". These organizations create the need for themselves. They are the reason they need to exist.

I think if you "pluck the weeds" from the black community (every community, but since we're currently talking about black people) and remove these crutch groups who promote racial segregation, people will be just fine. America didnt become the nation it is because we had someone coddling us and holding our hand every step of the way...... What i offer black people is what you've always asked for.... equality. Not a head start, not a handicap, not a crutch.... no pity, no shame, no indifference..... equality... in its simplest and purest form. You are equal to me..... so STFU, quit being a pussy.... fix your own shit and live your life.

The NAACP will never cease to exist because their motive runs deeper than equality for black people, something they already have. If you think a day will ever come that the NAACP will say "well, our work is done", then you are highly optimistic. Society has already reached a point where this organization is no longer needed, yet here they stand. What more proof do you need that the world is an open book to everyone of every color? A black man can be anything he wants in this country. We just elected a black man president who wasnt even fit for the job. What more proof do you need?
    Although not everyone believes that one individual who is half black becoming president means that racism is no longer a significant factor in our country. In your opinion it does. So be it. This really isn't about the NAACP though. It's about the content of your posts that focus on black people.

My focus on the black community is not negative. I have explained this..... remember..... we both want a "garden", i simply believe it's more important to "pick the weeds" first.
    Please link me to some threads you have created that show black people in a positive light. I can find plenty that do the opposite. That's where I am getting the negative vibe from. As far as the garden goes, why should the race of the "weeds" matter? I don't see you discussing the white "weeds", asian "weeds", or latino "weeds".

What i offer black people is what you've always asked for.... equality. Not a head start, not a handicap, not a crutch.... no pity, no shame, no indifference..... equality... in its simplest and purest form. You are equal to me..... so STFU, quit being a pussy.... fix your own shit and live your life.
    The implication here is that most black people want a handicap, a crutch, and your pity.

The implication here is that most black people want a handicap, a crutch, and your pity.
    If you are in favor of affirmative action, you are in favor of a crutch.

If you are white and believe in AA, you truely believe blacks cannot stand on their own and they need help to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    If you are in favor of affirmative action, you are in favor of a crutch.

If you are white and believe in AA, you truely believe blacks cannot stand on their own and they need help to succeed.
    That's only true if you believe the world is a true meritocracy and racial discrimination is not a factor. I don't believe we live in a meritocracy all the time and there is discrimination and yet I still do not support affirmative action. That being said, it's not because it is necessarily a crutch, it's just too blunt an instrument and sows the seeds of discord along racial lines.

Although not everyone believes that one individual who is half black becoming president means that racism is no longer a significant factor in our country. In your opinion it does. So be it. This really isn't about the NAACP though. It's about the content of your posts that focus on black people.
    Black people are the "problem child" in america..... what about this is hard to understand?? It's pretty alarming to recognize to the impact that 15% of the population has on our crime rate. The NAACP is just an example of a commonly accepted group that drives racial segregation. The driving force behind black people being "black people" and not "people" is.... well, black people. You cant ask to have all of your accomplishments have a "black asterick" beside them and then complain when people do the same with your negatives.

Please link me to some threads you have created that show black people in a positive light. I can find plenty that do the opposite. That's where I am getting the negative vibe from. As far as the garden goes, why should the race of the "weeds" matter? I don't see you discussing the white "weeds", asian "weeds", or latino "weeds".
    why should race matter? you tell me??????? i'm the one questioning the existence of all the "blacks only" organizations. I'm asking the same question..... when you find the answer, let me know.

The NAACP does..... dont see anybody complaining about their representation.

That's only true if you believe the world is a true meritocracy and racial discrimination is not a factor. I don't believe we live in a meritocracy all the time and there is discrimination and yet I still do not support affirmative action. That being said, it's not because it is necessarily a crutch, it's just too blunt an instrument and sows the seeds of discord along racial lines.
    Affirmative action is a crutch.

That's only true if you believe the world is a true meritocracy and racial discrimination is not a factor.
    There is no institutional discrimination against people that arent white in the US. Anyone that thinks there is is just making excuses for non achievers.

I don't believe we live in a meritocracy all the time and there is discrimination and yet I still do not support affirmative action.
    We dont live in a true meritocracy, but our society is the closest this world has ever seen to one. There will ALWAYS be the hiring manager that selects the white guy, the straight guy, Harvard grad, or the cute girl over the black guy, the gay gay, the Princeton grad, or the ugly girl. Nothing will ever change about those things no matter what law is passed. In some arenas of life, your family name alone will get you further in life than your education or other identifying factor will.

That being said, it's not because it is necessarily a crutch, it's just too blunt an instrument and sows the seeds of discord along racial lines.
    So you do think its a crutch? It is a blunt instrument and it does lead to racial tension. I know someone who is a midlevel executive in a large firm and he is black. According to him, he had less education and went to a lower tier school than most of the people that interned and the ones that hired in with him. He was always wondering if he only got the job because of his race. Over the last decade he has moved up quite a ways and earned the respect he gets, but early on every time he screwed up he got a lot of static about being the AA quota for the year. He would tell you himself, he just might have been. He was not as qualified as others that he interned with that were not offered a full time position.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast