Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control Bill

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Im just trying to understand something. It's very critical, as I was kind of young during the last one, I only have a couple yes or no questions....

Did the last assault weapons BAN prevent anyone from buying an assault weapon? Meaning: Could a non felon US citizen who is in perfect mental health still acquire an assault weapon through a legal channel, provided there was one to buy and it was sitting right in front of his face, after the 94 ban was passed, yes or no?
    The last assault weapons ban did not prevent non-felons from buying existing new stock from FFL dealers, or from purchasing used assault style weapons. It did not lower crime, or prevent felons from landing their hands on them either. You still haven't grasped this? I have told you the same thing over and over again.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    The last assault weapons ban did not prevent non-felons from buying existing new stock from FFL dealers, or from purchasing used assault style weapons.
    Ok. So the last bill indeed did not prevent anyone from legally obtaining firearms. That the piece of information I wasn't clear on.

One more thing Im not clear on. Help me out...
    I didnt read the entire thing, but Is there something in this new proposed bill i missed that prevents that same exact citizen from purchasing that same exact assault weapon, legally? Yes or no?

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Ok. So the last bill indeed did not prevent anyone from legally obtaining firearms. That the piece of information I wasn't clear on.

One more thing Im not clear on. Help me out...
    I didnt read the entire thing, but Is there something in this new proposed bill i missed that prevents that same exact citizen from purchasing that same exact assault weapon, legally? Yes or no?
    The first assault weapons ban was termed to be a 10-year ban, with a decision to be determined at the end of the term deciding if it should be extended. It was not extended, and sales of assault style weapons were resumed.

The new proposal removed that term limitation of 10 years, making it a permanent ban, therefore impacting future generations ability to obtain these same objects in the future.

If you even read Feinstein's summary once, which I have posted several times, you would already know that.

Columbine HAPPENED during the last AW ban FYI
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

The first assault weapons ban was termed to be a 10-year ban, with a decision to be determined at the end of the term deciding if it should be extended. It was not extended, and sales of assault style weapons were resumed.

The new proposal removed that term limitation of 10 years, making it a permanent ban, therefore impacting future generations ability to obtain these same objects in the future.
    Ok. So the last bill didnt prevent anyone from legally buying an AR, and the NEW bill doesn't prevent anyone from buying an AR, and proposes no term limit. So, if all are true...

1. Why do people pretend like the new bill is going to prevent anyone from buying an AR?

2. If both are true, and bill one had a negligible impact on crime, then bill two may have a negligible impact on crime. Is it then possible that bill one and bill two have motives OTHER THAN preventing crime? Don't focus on rhetoric. I don't want to know what he said or she said. We all know that politicians say things to get things passed.
    Is it possible both bills have underlying goals other than preventing crime?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    I doubt there's any quantifiable data supporting this gut feeling.....

but i feel like there's a significant increase in crazy that coincides with the government strengthening it's grip on people's lives/freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    I know this.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Im just trying to understand something. It's very critical, as I was kind of young during the last one, I only have a couple yes or no questions....

Did the last assault weapons BAN prevent anyone from buying an assault weapon? Meaning: Could a non felon US citizen who is in perfect mental health still acquire an assault weapon through a legal channel, provided there was one to buy and it was sitting right in front of his face, after the 94 ban was passed, yes or no?
    wasnt singling you out per se. Just a general statement.

Banning weapons doesnt stop someone from setting off a pipe bomb to kill someone which is just as easy, if not easier to make. Hell i can drive my car into a pile of people and kill more than Newtown did.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Ok. So the last bill didnt prevent anyone from legally buying an AR, and the NEW bill doesn't prevent anyone from buying an AR, and proposes no term limit. So, if all are true...

1. Why do people pretend like the new bill is going to prevent anyone from buying an AR?

2. If both are true, and bill one had a negligible impact on crime, then bill two may have a negligible impact on crime. Is it then possible that bill one and bill two have motives OTHER THAN preventing crime? Don't focus on rhetoric. I don't want to know what he said or she said. We all know that politicians say things to get things passed.
    The goal is to eventually seek a full gun ban.

I know this.
    AW ban= School Shooting
    No AW Ban= School Shooting

Conclusion: Evil Exists, nothing you can do to stop it.

References: See 9/11 and Boston Marathon bombing and Alfred P Murrah
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    I doubt there's any quantifiable data supporting this gut feeling.....

but i feel like there's a significant increase in crazy that coincides with the government strengthening it's grip on people's lives/freedom.
    Sinfix. I have one question for you. I want you to think about it hard, and I want a dead serious answer.

IS IT POSSIBLE, for the government, and the administration, in any situation, to have positive intentions, rather than only negative ones?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

The goal is to eventually seek a full gun ban.
    This isn't a rational answer.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Sinfix. I have one question for you. I want you to think about it hard, and I want a dead serious answer.

IS IT POSSIBLE, for the government, and the administration, in any situation, to have positive intentions, rather than only negative ones?
    The increase of power tends to corrupt one's ability to have positive intentions. The foundation of our government was based on limiting the power of our government. Our current government seeks to remove all of the limitations that made us the country we are today. Deciding their intentions were positive wouldnt make them any less foolish. I dont doubt that the government thinks they know what's best for me and possibly has good/positive intentions.... that doesnt make it right. The people who created our government told us not to trust our government. They understood how power corrupts, they experienced it and overcame it.

This isn't a rational answer.
    You thinking this isnt a rational answer.

The increase of power tends to corrupt one's ability to have positive intentions. The foundation of our government was based on limiting the power of our government. Our current government seeks to remove all of the limitations that made us the country we are today. Deciding their intentions were positive wouldnt make them any less foolish. I dont doubt that the government thinks they know what's best for me and possibly has good/positive intentions.... that doesnt make it right. The people who created our government told us not to trust our government. They understood how power corrupts, they experienced it and overcame it.
    So yes, it is possible that they have good intentions, instead of always bad ones

What makes you believe our current administration seeks to remove the limitations that makes this country what it is today? What makes you believe this is possible?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

So yes, it is possible that they have good intentions, instead of always bad ones

What makes you believe our current administration seeks to remove the limitations that makes this country what it is today? What makes you believe this is possible?
    It doesnt matter what their intentions are, they are fools.

What makes me believe it's possible? that theyre trying to remove our ability to stop it.

IMO its not possible because the GOP owns the house, no gun ban legislation will get passed. Now the DEMS win the House in 2014, all bets are off.

Senior Democratic leaders have made it known they want national registration, and guns removed from households and citizens. Its not like hes making it up.

Obama himself said that Obamacare was a first step toward single payer, so its not irrational to say "Obama wants socialized medicine".
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Well, that's that. It's a great day for america..... freedom has prevailed.... for now. Maybe democrats will get to work on something constructive now and quit trying to push their radical agenda.

To all the people complaining about Senate GOP allowing a vote, this is why they wanted it. They knew there was no possible chance to pass it and they wanted to get Senate dems on record. It was the Senate dems that didn't want a vote.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 2.

1. - Eventually, new AR15's would not be able to be purchased by legal citizens, once stock had run out. These citizens have done nothing illegal, and the government's attempts to remove these items from them is suspect.

2. Absolutely. The most obvious one is to chip away at the availability of "highly capable weapons" - as you would put it.

Yes, they are POSITIVE that they do not want citizens to have "highly capable weapons".

It doesnt matter what their intentions are, they are fools.

What makes me believe it's possible? that theyre trying to remove our ability to stop it.
    Circular reasoning at its finest. Lol.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Circular reasoning at its finest. Lol.
    Senate agrees with me. Reality saved a spot for you, you're welcome to come sit beside me anytime you wish.

1. - Eventually, new AR15's would not be able to be purchased by legal citizens, once stock had run out. These citizens have done nothing illegal, and the government's attempts to remove these items from them is suspect.
    So, if the ban stopped the manufacture of the AR15 for civilian purposes, and all AR15s get sold out...
    1. What happens to all the other AR15s already in circulation?
    2. What happens to the manufacturers existing stock? Does the price go up or down?
    3. Does that stop you from being able to defend yourself?

2. Absolutely. The most obvious one is to chip away at the availability of "highly capable weapons" - as you would put it.
    Fair enough.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Senate agrees with me. Reality saved a spot for you, you're welcome to come sit beside me anytime you wish.
    LOL. You really didnt read any of the articles did you? Or did you just take away what you wanted from it.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

So, if the ban stopped the manufacture of the AR15 for civilian purposes, and all AR15s get sold out...
    2. What happens to the manufacturers existing stock? Does the price go up or down?

Fair enough.
    yes.

1. Previously sold AR15s would stay in circulation until they no longer worked, and parts were not available for them anymore, due to the ban on manufacturing and importation. Some might also end up out of legal circulation due to theft, fire, etc.

2. At the discussion of a possible ban, the price of existing stock has already risen. As supply availability to legal citizens decreases, prices should increase on what would be left.

3. It does not stop me from defending myself, as I do not own an assault style weapon. It does take away a possible tool of defense away from law abiding citizens though, and does not prevent criminals from obtaining them. This should have an impact in the future to put law abiding citizens at an increased risk of being unable to resist a criminal. Is that what you think that gun control should do?

Obama Throws a Tantrum Over Gun Control Defeat

This calls for another beer...... maybe a few.

" WE DESERVE A VOTE "...

ok, you got it.... now STFU

So, the Senators decided that exactly what I have been saying is probably correct? And blank thinks that I'm the one that doesn't understand the issues? LOL

So, the Senators decided that exactly what I have been saying is probably correct? And blank thinks that I'm the one that doesn't understand the issues? LOL
    Reality will find blank one day...... i look forward to seeing what he can accomplish when he starts devoting his intellectual capacity to the real world and not his imaginary one.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

OK someone help me out, why was the gun bill not passed and what was the big deal? Was it not just for more strict background checks?

1. Previously sold AR15s would stay in circulation until they no longer worked, and parts were not available for them anymore, due to the ban on manufacturing and importation. Some might also end up out of legal circulation due to theft, fire, etc.

2. At the discussion of a possible ban, the price of existing stock has already risen. As supply availability to legal citizens decreases, prices should increase on what would be left.

3. It does not stop me from defending myself, as I do not own an assault style weapon.
    Thank you. All I needed to know

It does take away a possible tool of defense away from law abiding citizens though, and does not prevent criminals from obtaining them. This should have an impact in the future to put law abiding citizens at an increased risk of being unable to resist a criminal. Is that what you think that gun control should do?
    Do you see yet where you're going in a circle with this?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Reality will find blank one day...... i look forward to seeing what he can accomplish when he starts devoting his intellectual capacity to the real world and not his imaginary one.
    If reality mean believing in your gun control fairy tales, I hope I never see that day.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by Elbow View Post
    OK someone help me out, why was the gun bill not passed and what was the big deal? Was it not just for more strict background checks?
    I'm waiting to see if they figure it out.

They meaning Sinfix. He posted a link from some gun nut website, so it may take a little longer.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast